Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] Homebrew Compendium  (Read 73211 times)

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Re: Homebrew Compendium
« Reply #120 on: January 20, 2011, 01:56:08 AM »
You know, at first I wondered why you gave me threads I already had in the compendium. :P Updated those tags and added Littha's other creations, plus bkdubs' Legacy Champion.

I'm wondering if I should switch the filing system I have in place here and organize the links into categories--for instance, all the homebrew disciplines go in one section and are organized by author within that section. Sound good?

That would make it easier to skim for specific things.  I approve.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #121 on: January 20, 2011, 02:18:54 AM »
It'll be a bit before I get around to that, but I can do it. It would have the side benefit of letting me remove my terrible jokes, puns, and/or quips from every entry, saving me some space and saving you from groaning.

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #122 on: January 20, 2011, 06:10:04 AM »
If you're going to remove the listing by author, do you mind if people use individual posts to record a full list of what they've made? It's nice to have a full listing of your own stuff somewhere that you can point to. GitP has a similar thread (The Extended Homebrewer's Signature) just for recording your stuff for when it doesn't fit in the normal signature limits. I like that there's a consolidated listing of my stuff here, and I'd like to keep it somehow.
A Guide to Free D&D - A resource of free, official D&D resources on the web.
General listing of my homebrew.
Links to things I've worked on
[spoiler]
Idiot Crusader, refreshing maneuvers for free every round.
The Opposed Checks Handbook - Under construction.
Adaptations Handbook - Under construction.
[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #123 on: January 20, 2011, 06:14:17 AM »
I could do both, assuming I have the space. But if that's not an option and this thing gets way too long, feel free to convert a post into your own personal archive. I'll try to keep the author listing, though--it is nice to have a reference for your own work.

bkdubs123

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: January 20, 2011, 07:18:58 AM »
It'll be a bit before I get around to that, but I can do it. It would have the side benefit of letting me remove my terrible jokes, puns, and/or quips from every entry, saving me some space and saving you from groaning.

I approve of the advanced cataloging system, but please, for me, keep the terrible jokes, puns, and quips.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #125 on: January 20, 2011, 07:41:26 AM »
Keep the ones with mine too, please.

Oh, and here's something partially done:

The Vassal
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #126 on: January 20, 2011, 09:40:19 AM »
Added a pun just for you when I updated the list.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #127 on: January 20, 2011, 11:29:47 AM »
[Pathfinder] Revised Monk

Forgot to put mine up here.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #128 on: January 20, 2011, 11:38:38 AM »
If you're going to remove the listing by author, do you mind if people use individual posts to record a full list of what they've made? It's nice to have a full listing of your own stuff somewhere that you can point to. GitP has a similar thread (The Extended Homebrewer's Signature) just for recording your stuff for when it doesn't fit in the normal signature limits. I like that there's a consolidated listing of my stuff here, and I'd like to keep it somehow.
This was part of the reason for the "Projects & Plugs" section.

Giving each user an individual post doesn't work as well here as at GitP, since you can't link to a post on its own. I already have a thread there for my work, feel free to follow suit.
« Last Edit: January 20, 2011, 11:41:35 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #129 on: January 20, 2011, 06:47:01 PM »
Well, you can link to an individual post, it just won't isolate the post in the same way that GitP does.

Added veekie's Monk fix. I'll hold off on the reorganization partially out of laziness and partially because there still seems to be feedback.

EjoThims

• Grape ape
  • The Ferret
    • Email
« Reply #130 on: January 21, 2011, 03:32:32 AM »
You can keep the barBEARian note on mine.  ;)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #131 on: January 21, 2011, 04:18:06 AM »
Well, you can link to an individual post, it just won't isolate the post in the same way that GitP does.

Added veekie's Monk fix. I'll hold off on the reorganization partially out of laziness and partially because there still seems to be feedback.
Of course, I dislike the post isolation.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #132 on: January 21, 2011, 07:58:30 AM »

Yay!
The comments are half the fun I swear.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #133 on: January 22, 2011, 06:57:49 AM »
Reasonably complete stuff from 1001 homebrew ideas to flesh out.
[spoiler]
(Spell) Weaponizing Divination.
(Feat) Revamped BoED vows.
(PrC) Apostle of Justice, a replacement Apostle of Peace who can kick butt and not feel guilty about it.
If feats were as good as spells, what would the Fighter look like? AKA, "The Automatic DMM Persist Cleric", or "I think I made a Warlock".
(PrC) Sublime Thought, a rapid advancement PrC for psionics.
[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #134 on: January 22, 2011, 08:50:48 AM »
Added Garryl's entries to the Pokedex.

Garryl

• Hong Kong
« Reply #135 on: January 28, 2011, 07:02:25 AM »
A couple more from 1001 ideas:
(Feat) Prestige Classes as Feats.
(ToB) A Very Meta Martial Discipline, just needs a name and a couple more maneuvers.
Also, I added a couple of ACFs for monks, rangers, and rogues if they want to get in on the eternal spell action, too. Balance not assured.

Edit: A bunch of interesting things here. http://home.zipworld.com.au/~hong/dnd/
« Last Edit: January 28, 2011, 07:14:02 AM by Garryl »
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #136 on: January 29, 2011, 06:28:51 AM »

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #137 on: January 29, 2011, 09:33:24 AM »
Added both of Garryl's links and Admiral Squash's. That knocks Amechra off the top of the list alphabetically, but I bet it was worth it.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #138 on: January 29, 2011, 05:27:32 PM »
It was. It totally was.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #139 on: February 11, 2011, 11:41:54 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]