Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 42084 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #180 on: February 26, 2011, 10:39:05 PM »
8 days left on Gen 5 (got White preordered), and 5 days left before Duke Nukem's triumphant return.

Then we've got the 3DS coming out not too long after that, and then Portal 2. Anything big I'm missing?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #181 on: February 26, 2011, 10:50:22 PM »
Wasn't Duke Nukem Forever only coming out on May?  ???
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Tshern

• Clown Prince of Crime
  • Organ Grinder
  • Aistii valoa auttavasti
    • Email
« Reply #182 on: February 26, 2011, 10:53:00 PM »
Of 2002.

Handy Links

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #183 on: February 26, 2011, 11:37:19 PM »
Platinum the Trinity gameplay footage for the BB fans.

And BBWiki is right, her Astral is very... friendly, if you catch my drift.
Looks suspiciously like Divine Buster. Including the staff head going all "Shooting Mode".

That makes how many Nanoha references in BlazBlue now?
« Last Edit: February 26, 2011, 11:41:20 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #184 on: February 27, 2011, 12:00:10 AM »

All of them?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

trappedslider

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #185 on: February 27, 2011, 03:44:15 AM »
Then we've got the 3DS coming out not too long after that, and then Portal 2. Anything big I'm missing?

theres supposedly a remade version of the frist Halo game in the works,hoping to come out on the 10th anniversy...
All the above statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in somesense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #186 on: February 27, 2011, 03:45:03 AM »
Dragon Age II is being released in a little over a week. That should be at least moderately amusing.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #187 on: February 27, 2011, 01:05:18 PM »

All of them?
Rachel is physically identical to Fate and has Hayate's VA, Noel has Nanoha's English VA.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #188 on: February 27, 2011, 03:58:01 PM »

theres supposedly a remade version of the frist Halo game in the works,hoping to come out on the 10th anniversy...

Great, more money to spend on Halo. As though I haven't spent enough on the novels and DLC as-is.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #189 on: February 27, 2011, 07:34:41 PM »
So, there's a few more vocal versions of BlazBlue songs out. Unfortunately, the cast can't sing. :p
My work

Risada

• Grape ape
  • Wearing this outfit in the name of SCIENCE!
    • Email
« Reply #190 on: February 27, 2011, 07:46:26 PM »
So, there's a few more vocal versions of BlazBlue songs out. Unfortunately, the cast can't sing. :p

All I say is that Makoto's theme sounds OVER NINE THOUSAND more squirrely than Makoto's normal theme...

.... not that's a bad thing  ;)

trappedslider

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #191 on: February 27, 2011, 09:48:55 PM »

Great, more money to spend on Halo. As though I haven't spent enough on the novels and DLC as-is.
:lol I know how oyu feel..the only two to three things i'm missing The Halo encyolpedia,the short story collection and Halo Legends DVD..and i plan to get the updated versions of the frist three novels (The fall of Reach,The flood and frist strike)
All the above statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in somesense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #192 on: February 28, 2011, 06:18:18 AM »
and i plan to get the updated versions of the frist three novels (The fall of Reach,The flood and frist strike)
Updated?

*suspicious* They're not updated by the guy who wrote Contact Harvest, are they? :ahem
My work

trappedslider

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #193 on: February 28, 2011, 03:21:20 PM »
and i plan to get the updated versions of the frist three novels (The fall of Reach,The flood and frist strike)
Updated?

*suspicious* They're not updated by the guy who wrote Contact Harvest, are they? :ahem

lol..I think its just Fall of reach that go well from my understanding its  a new reissued version including some content updates and additional content.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #194 on: March 06, 2011, 03:05:04 AM »
Finished Red Dead Redemption: Undead Nightmare.

The Four Horses of the Apocalypse are AWESOME.

And I guess it's also kinda fun to be a zombie riding an unicorn. For extra irony purposes.

I'm gonna use that in my campaign, in fact.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #195 on: March 20, 2011, 08:24:21 PM »
So. FFXIII and Duodecim.

[spoiler]Duodecim: Lightning's voice acting is fucking atrocious.

XIII: Lightning is overrated. For fuck's sake, she can't even Bright Slap a whiny emo kid.[/spoiler]

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #196 on: March 21, 2011, 01:20:57 AM »
So. FFXIII and Duodecim.

XIII: Lightning is overrated. For fuck's sake, she can't even Bright Slap a whiny emo kid.[/spoiler]

Final Fantasy's got all kinds of problems. "10 was too linear, 12 was too freeform, 13 was too linear" being common complaints. Then you account for the storylines following a formula, and the lead characters often having no personality (especially true in 12).

In other words, avoid SE's mainstay titles.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #197 on: March 21, 2011, 09:55:02 AM »
So. FFXIII and Duodecim.

Final Fantasy's got all kinds of problems. "10 was too linear, 12 was too freeform, 13 was too linear" being common complaints. Then you account for the storylines following a formula, and the lead characters often having no personality (especially true in 12).

Actually, I find that that 10 was one of the last few 'good' FFs. 12's problem wasn't that it was too freeform, it's that it was too BLAND. It was like a single-player MMO. 13 at least has been delivering a relatively good soundtrack. But aside from that, there's only a couple of REALLY likable characters, and they have next to zero screentime. The rest can be summed up as too bitchy, too moronic, and too "cooler-than-thou".

And Dissidia would be better if they finally got it through their heads that THEIR ENGLISH VAS SUCK DONKEY BALLS.

For proof, look here:

[SPOILER]
Final Fantasy 7
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #198 on: March 21, 2011, 02:09:29 PM »
So. FFXIII and Duodecim.

Actually, I find that that 10 was one of the last few 'good' FFs. 12's problem wasn't that it was too freeform, it's that it was too BLAND. It was like a single-player MMO. 13 at least has been delivering a relatively good soundtrack. But aside from that, there's only a couple of REALLY likable characters, and they have next to zero screentime. The rest can be summed up as too bitchy, too moronic, and too "cooler-than-thou".

And Dissidia would be better if they finally got it through their heads that THEIR ENGLISH VAS SUCK DONKEY BALLS.

Dissidia would have been better if ArcSys handled the gameplay instead of SE.

I liked 10 myself (and 10-2 oddly, even ignoring the blatant fanservice). But 12 just plain enraged me (Skies of Arcadia rip-off and all that).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #199 on: March 21, 2011, 02:34:44 PM »
Dragon Age II: Not as wonderful as Bioware's employee reviews would have you believe, not as shitty as a good portion of Metacritic would have you believe.

Discuss.