Author Topic: Video Game Discussion Thread  (Read 42125 times)

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
Re: Video Game Discussion Thread
« Reply #60 on: November 18, 2010, 03:26:53 AM »
Monotrem, let me guess:
[spoiler]You turned him into a drunk loser and let the bitch queen take over?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
That's for weaklings, I decapitated him and let the bitch queen take over, just because I wanted to turn Logain into my unwilling henchman. Revenge is a dish best served with the blood of your former allies. Can you actually turn him into a drunk?

Also, I might just try to keep Wynne alive next time...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]If you refuse to kill Loghain and you didn't harden Alistair up (I think those were the two conditions), he runs away and turns into a snivelling, wandering drunk. I found that to be more satisfying than having the bitch queen execute him. Why give him a few seconds of pain when you can royally root him for a lifetime?[/spoiler]

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: November 18, 2010, 06:41:08 AM »
Monotrem, let me guess:
[spoiler]You turned him into a drunk loser and let the bitch queen take over?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
That's for weaklings, I decapitated him and let the bitch queen take over, just because I wanted to turn Logain into my unwilling henchman. Revenge is a dish best served with the blood of your former allies. Can you actually turn him into a drunk?

Also, I might just try to keep Wynne alive next time...[/spoiler]

[spoiler]If you refuse to kill Loghain and you didn't harden Alistair up (I think those were the two conditions), he runs away and turns into a snivelling, wandering drunk. I found that to be more satisfying than having the bitch queen execute him. Why give him a few seconds of pain when you can royally root him for a lifetime?[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Perhaps, maybe I'll make Sten my tank next time just so I can make him suffer some more... Still:
Magic wand: 34 gold coins
Potions to survive battle: 5 gold coins
Gear for your previous tank: 85 Gold Coins
The screams of your allies as you send them to their death when they realise you chose your enemies life over theirs: Priceless[/spoiler]
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #62 on: November 18, 2010, 06:50:39 AM »
I find it funny that no one mentioned:

[spoiler]romancing the elf.[/spoiler]

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #63 on: November 18, 2010, 08:03:32 AM »

[spoiler]Dude practically bends over during the conversation you recruit him in. He doesn't have enough self-respect not lick my boots, much less be romanced.[/spoiler]
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #64 on: November 18, 2010, 08:17:26 AM »

[spoiler]Dude practically bends over during the conversation you recruit him in. He doesn't have enough self-respect not lick my boots, much less be romanced.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]In my game, he was sort of tied up on the ground and had 4 guys around him, two of which had staff weapons, another with a couple of daggers of doom, and the last is a moving pile of rocks that was chiselled down to her current size by a wizard with a lot of nerve. I can sort of understand the grovelling :D[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #65 on: November 18, 2010, 11:30:12 AM »
So, playing OG2, I've found a couple of snags:
[spoiler]
  • Excellen isn't standing up very well. Her range and firepower are solid, but her HP and Armor are shit (and the RNG seems to be favoring Kyosuke's Evasion instead of hers). It hasn't affected my able to win the missions yet, but if this keeps up I'm probably not going to deploy her that much to avoid repair costs.
  • I've invested a little too much in Lamia, and only just realized she's a mole. Its actually cost me around 14K, and I'm seriously considering restarting.
[/spoiler]

On the plus side, I got another Battle Mastery by sheer mistake. That makes 2 on the first run (the first I save-scummed for before I knew about the NG+).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #66 on: November 18, 2010, 11:48:42 AM »
[spoiler]
  • Excellen isn't standing up very well. Her range and firepower are solid, but her HP and Armor are shit (and the RNG seems to be favoring Kyosuke's Evasion instead of hers). It hasn't affected my able to win the missions yet, but if this keeps up I'm probably not going to deploy her that much to avoid repair costs.
  • I've invested a little too much in Lamia, and only just realized she's a mole. Its actually cost me around 14K, and I'm seriously considering restarting.
[/spoiler]

On the plus side, I got another Battle Mastery by sheer mistake. That makes 2 on the first run (the first I save-scummed for before I knew about the NG+).
[spoiler]Don't forget Excellen's combo attack and relationship bonuses with Kyosuke. If she can't dodge, use Alert. *shrugs* And she gets an upgrade later on.
Quote from: Excellen
Level 3 Love (+12% damage to enemies):Kyosuke
Level 2 Friendship (+10% hit and evade):Sanger, Bullet

Don't worry, Lamia doesn't leave your party and take your upgrade money with her, though I hear she's a bit less useful in endgame unless you unlock her broken secret mech on an NG+. (still good, just not as good)[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 12:02:55 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: November 18, 2010, 11:53:52 AM »
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

[spoiler]Don't forget Excellen's combo attack/relationship bonuses with Kyosuke. If she can't dodge, use Alert. *shrugs* And she gets an upgrade later on.

Don't worry, Lamia doesn't leave your party and take your upgrade money with her, though I hear she's a bit less useful in endgame unless you unlock her secret mech on an NG+.[/spoiler]

So I need to use them while they are adjacent. That helps things.
[spoiler]Good to know that Lamia doesn't screw up my cash.[/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

trappedslider

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: November 18, 2010, 12:09:24 PM »
I think when I start my 3rd run of fable III I'll go with a male character. Still wondering how I'm supposed to save the maxium amount of lives  :banghead
All the above statements are true in some sense, false in some sense, meaningless in some sense, true and false in some sense, true and meaningless in some sense, false and meaningless in somesense, and true and false and meaningless in some sense.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: November 18, 2010, 12:36:47 PM »
If Excellen gets hit a lot then you must be very unlucky. It's not even that you're doing something wrong (unless you make Weissritter stand on the ground rather than fly, or something like that), you just have terrible luck. Maybe the RNG is simply jealous of Excellen's... assets.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: November 18, 2010, 01:29:34 PM »
If Excellen gets hit a lot then you must be very unlucky. It's not even that you're doing something wrong (unless you make Weissritter stand on the ground rather than fly, or something like that), you just have terrible luck. Maybe the RNG is simply jealous of Excellen's... assets.

Heh, Luck is one of my assets. Everyone who knows me will tell you I'm a lucky sonovabitch.

Maybe my cartridge just hates her.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #71 on: November 18, 2010, 01:40:52 PM »

Heh, Luck is one of my assets. Everyone who knows me will tell you I'm a lucky sonovabitch.

She tried to pair it up with a MemoryStick. It was not amused.
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #72 on: November 18, 2010, 01:41:48 PM »
It's RNG. Remember, G stands for Goddess here. And she gets jealous.

I am reminded of my play-by-posts, where Diceroll-tan is always total yandere for Tengu. He always gets good rolls, which sucks for us players when he's the DM and controls enemies. Likewise, female charactes and characters with female players suffer. Diceroll-tan wants them dead.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #73 on: November 18, 2010, 01:46:56 PM »
It's RNG. Remember, G stands for Goddess here. And she gets jealous.
Lady Luck is in love with Kyosuke, you mean?

Likewise, female charactes and characters with female players suffer. Diceroll-tan wants them dead.
Wasn't there an article in Dragon where one of the guys said he usually plays female characters, and that they seem to be luckier for some reason?
My work

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #74 on: November 18, 2010, 01:48:33 PM »
Maybe the diceroller for that guy is male then. A horny male.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #75 on: November 18, 2010, 01:49:19 PM »
You know what you must do. Well, what Fri must do.
My work

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #76 on: November 18, 2010, 02:29:19 PM »
Diceroll-tan treats Fri like a girl for some reason. Even when he plays male characters.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2010, 02:48:32 PM »
Diceroll-tan treats Fri like a girl for some reason. Even when he plays male characters.
I was mostly joking, because Fri's always The Chick.  Even in real life, and he's a guy.
My work

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #78 on: November 18, 2010, 04:16:30 PM »
I think when I start my 3rd run of fable III I'll go with a male character. Still wondering how I'm supposed to save the maxium amount of lives  :banghead
[spoiler]
The amount of money in your Castle Treasury directly corresponds to the number of lives you save. So, put 6.5 million gold into the treasury, you save 6.5 million lives.

In other words, play Real Estate Agent for a while before you enter the endgame.
[/spoiler]
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #79 on: November 18, 2010, 04:22:44 PM »

From my experience her dodge in OG2 indeed isn't that good, but give her dodge-boosting items and she should be fine. Again, keep near Bullet for relationship, make sure she's flying and don't be cheap with focus/alert, and remember pilots with leadership boost everybody's dodge when they're nearby (mothership pilots always have leadership).

But look on the good side! She gets +3 will every time she's hit! Girl's a masochist. No wonder she gets defensive support. :p

Also, how could you think Lamia
[spoiler]
 was a mole after she self-destructs in her former masters?

And of course she isn't dead. You should know that nobody truly dies in a SRW game untill you're near the end. And mechas reduced to dust are also rebuilt as many times as needed untill the final showdown.
[/spoiler]