Author Topic: Unable to view pictures hosted on BG  (Read 2593 times)

Sjappo

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Cheers
    • Email
Unable to view pictures hosted on BG
« on: November 03, 2010, 06:41:52 AM »
I seem to be unable to see pictures hosted on BG. Red crosses galore. Some experimenting gave the following results:

Loging in didn't help
Turning off AV and Firewall did not help
Adding BG to local intranet didn't help.

See the min/max boards for the start of the discussion.

I did notice one picture I can view, which is the BG logo. Checked the code and found this difference:

BG logo:
Code: [Select]
http://www.brilliantgameologists.com/images/headersmall.jpgRandom Avatar
Code: [Select]
http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?action=dlattach;attach=853;type=avatar
My browser seems to be having difficulties rendering that code. Using IE8 ATM. Any suggestions?

« Last Edit: November 03, 2010, 09:52:53 AM by Sjappo »

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Re: Unable to view pictures hosted on BG
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2010, 09:01:31 AM »
My browser seems to be having difficulties rendering that code. Using IE8 ATM. Any suggestions?
Yeah, switch browsers. :P Internet Explorer is one of the worst browsers you could be using. Firefox or Chrome are much better. (If you've heard this spiel a lot, my apologies.)

I actually had something vaguely similar happen recently--certain avatars, like TML's, wouldn't show up properly. It didn't seem to last too long, though--could have been temporary problems.

Sjappo

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Cheers
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2010, 09:55:06 AM »
Weird thing is, pictures are working just fine on an other laptop, also in IE8.

And yes, I know FF is better. The laptop that has trouble is my wife's. I don't think she appreciates FF appearing very much ;)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #3 on: November 03, 2010, 01:19:17 PM »
And yes, I know FF is better. The laptop that has trouble is my wife's. I don't think she appreciates FF appearing very much ;)
I once installed Firefox on my dad's PC and switched the IE button on the Quick Launch bar with a Firefox one. He didn't notice.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #4 on: November 06, 2010, 02:55:30 PM »
I can sometimes not see them, but usually I find t hat if I just come back a while later they show up.  I also can't upload anymore.

waywreth

• Noob
« Reply #5 on: February 27, 2011, 06:33:45 PM »
I get a big red X when using IE8, and the following message if I try to link directly:  An Error Has Occurred!  It seems that you are not allowed to download or view attachments on this board. 

Nothing at all shows up with Firefox.

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #6 on: March 02, 2011, 01:36:13 PM »
I get a big red X when using IE8, and the following message if I try to link directly:  An Error Has Occurred!  It seems that you are not allowed to download or view attachments on this board. 

Nothing at all shows up with Firefox.
Is it an old post?  About two years ago, something happened during an upgrade that messed up all the previously hosted files.  Ones after that seemed fine.
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
Quote from: CryoSilver
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Gods_Trick

• King Kong
« Reply #7 on: March 02, 2011, 03:08:31 PM »

Only certain avatars aren't showing up for me: TML, Sunic, Shadeseraph and a few others. The majority is fine.

And I'm using Firefox. Any ideas?

RobbyPants

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #8 on: March 02, 2011, 07:25:21 PM »
Try Opera?
My balancing 3.5 compendium
Elemental mage test game

Quotes
[spoiler]
Quote from: Cafiend
It is a shame stupidity isn't painful.
Quote from: StormKnight
Totally true.  Historians believe that most past civilizations would have endured for centuries longer if they had successfully determined Batman's alignment.
Quote from: Grand Theft Otto
Why are so many posts on the board the equivalent of " Dear Dr. Crotch, I keep punching myself in the crotch, and my groin hurts... what should I do? How can I make my groin stop hurting?"
I suggest carving "Don't be a dick" into him with a knife.  A dull, rusty knife.  A dull, rusty, bent, flaming knife.
Quote from: Seerow
Fluffy: It's over Steve! I've got the high ground!
Steve: You underestimate my power!
Fluffy: Don't try it, Steve!
Steve: *charges*
Fluffy: *three critical strikes*
Steve: ****
Quote from: claypigeons
I don't even stat out commoners. Commoner = corpse that just isn't a zombie. Yet.
When I think "Old Testament Boots of Peace" I think of a paladin curb-stomping an orc and screaming "Your death brings peace to this land!"
Quote from: Orville_Oaksong
Buy a small country. Or Pelor. Both are good investments.
[/spoiler]

Slaughterhouserock

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
  • Hail to the king, baby.
    • Horror Movie Fans
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 02, 2011, 07:36:25 PM »
If you're from somewhere other than the states, it might be due to the picture hosting site.  I know that image shack recently made it so you had to register your site with them or pics hosted there wouldn't show up, but only for countries other than the US or the UK.  A couple other sites do the same, which is quite annoying to say the least.
The DM giveth and the rogue taketh away.
I have a 5 in Charisma and Diplomacy is a cross-class skill.  Hopefully I don't piss off too many people.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2011, 11:14:12 AM »
Request Meg intervention on this:
Imageshack requires domain registration for their pics to display and quite a lot of us are using it. So if it's not too much trouble...
http://stream.imageshack.us/content.php?page=register_domain
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."