Author Topic: Catgirl Builds  (Read 25552 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Catgirl Builds
« Reply #80 on: November 05, 2010, 07:54:14 PM »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #81 on: November 05, 2010, 08:32:26 PM »
It's too bad regular familiars don't get feats.

Alrighty, one question; using my "make a cat technically a humanoid trick", can I make the Catgirl into a Werecat Catgirl? Because if so, I'm working on a melee beast, literally...

WARNING RANT AHEAD:
Celebrant of Sharess would be an awsome class if it didn't suck so terribly much :banghead :banghead :banghead

If it improved other casting or had a worthwhile spell list, or.... it should at least have 3/4's bab, since it grants pounce and other melee combat things. About the only redeeming feature is feline familiar, and that's one of only 3 ways I can think of getting that class feature (the others are Factotum, but that is high level and useless in this case, the last being illithid savant... that gives me an idea is there a way to let an awakened cat count as mindflayer? :love)

gah I just needed to vent but really   :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead, what makes WotC come up with these subpar classes?
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #82 on: November 05, 2010, 08:55:36 PM »
Feral Weretiger using this savage progression works.  Stick on the Feral template and those Animal HD *should* change to Monstrous Humanoid HD.  You can then do the same kind of LA buyoff tricks that TML does for Ghosts all the time.  Turns out to be something like this:

Feral Catfolk Weretiger
Starting LA: +2
Tiger 6 (Buyoff, LA +1, ECL 7)
Class 3 (Buyoff, LA +0, ECL 9)
Lycanthrope 1/Class 3 (Buyoff, LA +0, ECL 12)
Lycanthrope 1/Class 3 (Buyoff, LA +0, ECL 15)
Lycanthrope 1/Class 3 (Buyoff, LA +0, ECL 18)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #83 on: November 05, 2010, 09:52:34 PM »
It's too bad regular familiars don't get feats.
???
Yes they do, just not many. Improved Familiar would get you something with more HD for more feats.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2010, 09:55:55 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #84 on: November 06, 2010, 10:53:22 PM »
Ahem...

Sophia of a Moonlight Dreary

Inflicted Lycanthrope (Cat) Anthropomorphic Magebred Cat Stoneblessed 3 (Goliath)/Boar Totem Barbarian (Mountain Rage ACF) 3/ Fighter 4 (Hit and Run+Dungeoncrash)/ Frenzied Berserker 10. With the Titan Bloodline.

Feats:
1st: Free (DCFS Leap Attack in later.)
Flaw: Cleave
Flaw: Free
Swapped Bonus: Human Heritage
Swapped Bonus: Power Attack
3rd: Improved Bull rush
6th: Destructive Rage
7th: (Hit and Run Fighter) Shock Trooper
Dungeoncrash Fighter
9th: Intimidating Rage
10th: Extra Rage
12th: Great Cleave
15th: Reckless Rage
18th: Extra Rage

Grab yourself pounce in some way, shape or form.

Just your normal cat girl... Until she frenzy rages. After swapping into 'combat form' (Hybrid Form, so she can wield weapons. And looks generally badass.)

Then she gets the following (note, benefits from size change are already factored into the stat increases.)

Str +30
Con +6
Claw Damage goes up to 1d8, and you can Power Attack with it.
An extra attack.
You can't die from damage.
10ft reach
10ft face
Intimidate a foe when you rage
+8 bonus to most combat maneuvers
+2 Will saves
DR 5/Silver

And the drawbacks?
Uncontrollable while frenzying
-2 Attack/-lots to AC

Oh, and by the way? You might get tipped off about her rather dangerous rage by the fact that her favored weapon is a warhammer... And by that, I mean a Gargantuan Warhammer. That she wields in both hands. Without any penalty.

That's something like 4d6+lots damage while raging. With PA, it just starts to make a baby someone cry.

And that's before Greater Mighty Wallop and other such buffs.

Might have it made from Darkwood...

So, what do ya think? I kinda have a backstory for this one too.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #85 on: November 06, 2010, 11:37:06 PM »
Pic: [spoiler][/spoiler]
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #86 on: November 07, 2010, 12:12:08 AM »
Nice. :D

If you don't want to put "cat" in everything, weredog and werebaboon have better stats for the same HD/LA.
My work

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #87 on: November 07, 2010, 01:04:53 AM »
Nice. :D

If you don't want to put "cat" in everything, weredog and werebaboon have better stats for the same HD/LA.

I'm sorta challenging myself at this point.

Maybe a Cat Factotum next. Why not.

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #88 on: November 07, 2010, 02:08:26 AM »
Yes they do, just not many. Improved Familiar would get you something with more HD for more feats.

You are right, sorry. I should stop posting at 1 aM local time.

frenzied beserker build

Very nice, that's one wild kitty.

My build is unfortunately not as far along. Stupid RL should just leave me alone.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

bhu

• Organ Grinder
  • Convincing the rich whale fat enemas are healthy
« Reply #89 on: November 07, 2010, 02:33:59 AM »

I am so using that pic in the CB thread somehow...

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #90 on: November 07, 2010, 02:38:42 AM »
may i suggest using maximize and/or empower on the awaken spell used on your awakend build variants? maxing out the mental stats is surely useful.... you could even take it out of the character wealth if the character in question starts off high enough level. ^^ or work it into backstory - rich somebody left inheritance to the cat, anyone?
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #91 on: November 07, 2010, 06:18:07 PM »

Fluffy
Empowered Maximized Awakened Cat 2HD/ Psion 8/ Slayer 10
attributes: 32pt buy

6 Str(14-8 racial)
30 Dex(16+4 racial +4 Inherent +6 item)
14 Con(14)
38 Int(22 +5 lvls +5 Inherent +6 Item)
14 Wis(12 +2 racial)
14 Cha(14)

[spoiler]
Size: Tiny
Speed 30'
-8 Str,+4 Dex,Int 22,+2 Wis
2 HD Magical Beast(d10, Fighter BAB, Good Fort and Ref saves)+4 racial: Climb,Hide,Move Silent
+8 racial Hide in Tall Grass or Heavy Undergrowth
+8 racial Jump,Balance
use Dex instead of Str for Jump and Climb
bonus Feat: Weapon Finnesse
Darkvision 60'
Low Light Vision
Scent
2 Claw(1d2) and Bite(1d3)[/spoiler]

BAB +16
17th lvl Psion abilities with 20th ML(with Practiced Manifester)

:D
« Last Edit: November 10, 2010, 12:22:58 AM by carnivore »

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #92 on: November 07, 2010, 10:29:16 PM »
may i suggest using maximize and/or empower on the awaken spell used on your awakend build variants? maxing out the mental stats is surely useful.... you could even take it out of the character wealth if the character in question starts off high enough level. ^^ or work it into backstory - rich somebody left inheritance to the cat, anyone?

I already did with my first one; she naturally has a 27 int.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #93 on: November 08, 2010, 02:50:12 AM »
ah, quite. sorry i missed it.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

ImperatorK

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #94 on: August 07, 2011, 06:57:22 AM »
Minor nitpick: Anthropomorphic cat should have +4 Wis. Also I kinda don't see how it has +1 LA when there are anthro-animals with betters stats and still have +0 LA.  ???
"I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!"
"Take less damage to avoid being killed."
"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

[spoiler]
Quote from: Lateral
Or you could just be a cleric of an ideal. Like, physics and say that the domain choices reflect potential and kinetic energy.

Plus, where other clerics say "For Pelor," "For Nerull," or "For Crom?" You get to say, "FOR SCIENCE!" *fanfare*

About me:
Quote from: dark_samuari
I know your game, you just want a magical Amazon.com to knock off those good ol' honest magic shops run by polite, old wizards!
Use Iron Heart Surge on the sun. That'll teach him to use fluff as RAW.

Damn you! You totally ruined my build that was all about getting epic far shot early and throwing my enemies into the sun!
[/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #95 on: August 07, 2011, 07:11:00 AM »
Minor nitpick: Anthropomorphic cat should have +4 Wis. Also I kinda don't see how it has +1 LA when there are anthro-animals with betters stats and still have +0 LA.  ???
Ah, true.  It should have +4 Wis.  I was just copying everything from SS.  Also, while some races have better stats, Cats have incredible racial abilities.  Scent, Darkvision, Claw/Claw/Bite routine, free Weapon Finesse, and huge bonuses to pretty much every acrobatic skill.  Now, while it's true that other races also have some good stuff, like Bats, bats also have a really weak land speed and less that awesome fly speed.  Also, the other penalties make it much more difficult to effectively play one.  Ravens are good for a 30' fly speed, but have +4 Wisdom just like the cat and virtually nothing else in the way of abilities.  The remaining +0 ECL races are pretty much inferior to one of the Cat, Bat, or Raven.

ImperatorK

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #96 on: August 07, 2011, 07:27:36 AM »
I've just noticed that they didn't actually follow their own rules. ???
The lion, for example, should have +2 Str, +8 Dex, +4 Wis and... that's all.
The cat Wis could be a simple typo, but this... ???
Also it's funny how a anthro-cheetah is stronger then an anthro-lion. :lol
« Last Edit: August 07, 2011, 07:31:15 AM by ImperatorK »
"I'm done thinking for today! It's caused me enough trouble!"
"Take less damage to avoid being killed."
"In the arena of logic, I fight unarmed."

[spoiler]
Quote from: Lateral
Or you could just be a cleric of an ideal. Like, physics and say that the domain choices reflect potential and kinetic energy.

Plus, where other clerics say "For Pelor," "For Nerull," or "For Crom?" You get to say, "FOR SCIENCE!" *fanfare*

About me:
Quote from: dark_samuari
I know your game, you just want a magical Amazon.com to knock off those good ol' honest magic shops run by polite, old wizards!
Use Iron Heart Surge on the sun. That'll teach him to use fluff as RAW.

Damn you! You totally ruined my build that was all about getting epic far shot early and throwing my enemies into the sun!
[/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #97 on: August 07, 2011, 09:35:00 AM »
Also it's funny how a anthro-cheetah is stronger then an anthro-lion. :lol

It's because he's a cheatah.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.