Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition  (Read 138070 times)

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition
« Reply #960 on: November 19, 2010, 07:56:39 PM »
Q297: Can you do an unarmed strike sequence and a manufactured weapon attack sequence in the same round, or is that just natural weapons?
just natural

You can, however, use two-weapon or multiweapon fighting to make a main-hand UAS sequence with a series of off-hand manufactured weapon attacks (and possibly the other way around as well, depending on how you interperet unarmed strikes never counting as off-hand weapons).

Given that the character in question fights with a two handed weapon, and I just wanted to know if I could kick people too to make Monks feel worse about themselves, yeah. Not happening. Doesn't really matter, I just wanted to do it for the lulz.
Snap kick from ToB lets you make an unarmed attack in addition to your normal attacks by taking an extra -2 to all attacks that round. So yes you can kick them while using a 2 hander just to piss off monks.

Yeah but at that point you've wasted two feats to act like a monk O.o
I didn't say it was good. It was just a way to grind some salt into the wound of monks.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Sunic_Flames

• Organ Grinder
  • The Crusader of Logic.
« Reply #961 on: November 19, 2010, 08:21:22 PM »
I'll just give them a spiked gauntlet Falcon Pawnch for 1d4+20 or so. Which is worse than just using the normal weapon for 1d6+32 but whatever. They're Monks. I can afford to fuck around.

...Now I'm tempted to find a way to get Knockback on the quick. Just so the Monk can do its Flurry of Misses, and then get punched across the room. :D
Smiting Imbeciles since 1985.

If you hear this music, run.

And don't forget:

There is no greater contribution than Hi Welcome.

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

IP proofing and avoiding being CAPed OR - how to make characters relevant in the long term.

Friends don't let friends be Short Bus Hobos.

[spoiler]
Sunic may be more abrasive than sandpaper coated in chainsaws (not that its a bad thing, he really does know what he's talking about), but just posting in this thread without warning and telling him he's an asshole which, if you knew his past experiences on WotC and Paizo is flat-out uncalled for. Never mind the insults (which are clearly 4Chan-level childish). You say people like Sunic are the bane of the internet? Try looking at your own post and telling me you are better than him.

Here's a fun fact: You aren't. By a few leagues.
[/spoiler]

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #962 on: November 19, 2010, 09:49:49 PM »
Bump

Q 288 Is there a Marshal handbook?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #963 on: November 19, 2010, 10:01:46 PM »
Bump

I don't think so.  There's lots of stuff that talks about using marshal, but no handbook dedicated to the class.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #964 on: November 19, 2010, 10:04:22 PM »
Bump

I don't think so.  There's lots of stuff that talks about using marshal, but no handbook dedicated to the class.
I was afraid someone would say that. I was hoping to hear something about it other than "use it for a one-level dip." Especially since it's in the tier threads as a solid 4.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #965 on: November 20, 2010, 01:45:54 AM »
Q 303 What deity is it that's actually a group of deities? I think it's Forgotten Realms.

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #966 on: November 20, 2010, 01:53:11 AM »
Q304:Is gestalting a group in age of worms okay?

The group in question are moderately good optimizers(they're beginning to understand that fireball blows goat chunks and know of a few good tricks here and there)

dark_samuari

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #967 on: November 20, 2010, 01:56:47 AM »
Question 305

Can fast ability healing (say from a level of Binder) cure the wisdom and intelligence damage from the Drink Like A Demon ability of the Drunken Master?

Archao

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #968 on: November 20, 2010, 02:11:59 AM »
Q 303 What deity is it that's actually a group of deities? I think it's Forgotten Realms.
It is the Sovereign Host, and it is a FR deity.

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #969 on: November 20, 2010, 02:20:29 AM »

Sovereign Host is an Eberron deity, not FR. But it is a group of deities.
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"

Archao

« Reply #970 on: November 20, 2010, 03:13:12 AM »
Ah, my bad, I don't know how I messed that up.

Q306 Bit of a stupid question, but how can you remove a curse from an item? I have a cursed vorpal sword I want to sell once my party gets a Raise Dead cast on me.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #971 on: November 20, 2010, 03:14:26 AM »

Q306 Bit of a stupid question, but how can you remove a curse from an item? I have a cursed vorpal sword I want to sell once my party gets a Raise Dead cast on me.
What kind of curse?  It varies.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #972 on: November 20, 2010, 03:47:29 AM »
A304: Gestalt is meant to be used for campaigns with small groups, not just in general.  If the recommended party size for the module is 6ish, then you should probably use Gestalt if you have 4ish or fewer players.  If the recommended party size is more like 4ish, then you should probably use Gestalt if you have 3ish or fewer players.

A305: No, Drink Like a Demon isn't ability damage, it's an untyped penalty.

A306: I don't know of any methods for removing curses from items without actually breaking the item.  There's probably some application of the feat Craft Magic Arms and Armor that you can use.

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #973 on: November 20, 2010, 04:03:32 AM »
Q 307 If you are affected by a curse, cursed item, or other nasty (spell-based) permanent duration effect, would entering an antimagic field (temporarily) undo the effects?

(This would mean bestow curse and baleful polymorph are suppressed very easily. Being in an antimagic field can make you stronger...?)
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 04:05:18 AM by Epimetheus »

Archao

« Reply #974 on: November 20, 2010, 04:36:25 AM »

What kind of curse?  It varies.
I don't really know. A ghost appeared and gave it to me on the condition that I:

1) Go after the people who are stealing his treasure. (Mission accomplished.)

2) Don't touch his treasure. (Someone did.)

I knew it was Vorpal when I first touched it, but not that it became cursed. On a natural 20, it cut my head off. That's the only effect the curse had (as far as I know).
« Last Edit: November 20, 2010, 04:38:38 AM by Archao »

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #975 on: November 20, 2010, 06:59:45 AM »
Sounds homebrew, then.  Odds are that remove curse won't be sufficient, but break enchantment possibly could (as written, it'd bring you back to life after chopping your own head off, since it works on instantaneous effects caused by cursed items).  Your best bet is to ask the ghost for forgiveness, or possibly hold an exorcism ritual like the kind that gets rid of haunting presences.
Planetouched Handbook

Saxony

• Donkey Kong
  • My avatar is from the anime "Pani Poni Dash!".
« Reply #976 on: November 20, 2010, 07:51:05 AM »
Question 305

Can fast ability healing (say from a level of Binder) cure the wisdom and intelligence damage from the Drink Like A Demon ability of the Drunken Master?
A 305: Yes. The definition for "ability score damage" would seem to include any penalty to any ability score (and there is no definition for "ability score penalty"). So since Drink Like A Demon gives penalties to ability scores, I'd say binding Naberius will heal those penalties.

It's not overpowered even for a nuke-wizard, heal-bot-cleric, fighter20, rogue20 game. Since the rules are nonexistent, it'd be fine for my group.
If I say something about real world physics, and someone disagrees, assume I am right 90% of the time. This number goes up to 100% if I am late night posting - trust me, my star dust sibs.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #977 on: November 20, 2010, 07:59:55 AM »

Sovereign Host is an Eberron deity, not FR. But it is a group of deities.
Technically, the Sovereign Host is just another pantheon that's often worshipped as a whole. If you're looking for a group of deities that are always worshipped as a single entity, then it's not the Sovereign Host.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Monotremeancer

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #978 on: November 20, 2010, 08:20:31 AM »
Because I'll most certainly will miss the opportunity to create the next thread I vote that It'll be called "Return of the Dread Gazebo"
Who cares for realism when you can be awesome?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #979 on: November 20, 2010, 08:26:10 AM »
Question 305

A 305: Yes. The definition for "ability score damage" would seem to include any penalty to any ability score (and there is no definition for "ability score penalty"). So since Drink Like A Demon gives penalties to ability scores, I'd say binding Naberius will heal those penalties.

It's not overpowered even for a nuke-wizard, heal-bot-cleric, fighter20, rogue20 game. Since the rules are nonexistent, it'd be fine for my group.
Uh.  No.

Penalties are completely different.
Planetouched Handbook