Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition  (Read 138075 times)

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition
« Reply #860 on: November 17, 2010, 09:42:23 PM »
Q 267 Anyone know where I can find a Savage Species progression for a nymph?
A267
Littha did one a while back -- check my sig for the link.
Sweet, thanks.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #861 on: November 17, 2010, 11:43:12 PM »
Q 268: what are some good templates to add to a daelkyr half blood psion? Right now I have ten LA to work with.
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #862 on: November 17, 2010, 11:46:55 PM »
Q 268: what are some good templates to add to a daelkyr half blood psion? Right now I have ten LA to work with.
Some number of levels of ghost.  Depending upon what you want to do, anywhere from 1 to 4.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

geniussavant

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #863 on: November 17, 2010, 11:51:25 PM »
Ghost would be nice, but won't work for the character as the character has to be physical, (egotist with heavy melee focus, build isn't just psion, but based on it)
[spoiler]
I see that you want to solve problems. Not problems like, "What is beauty?," because that would fall within the purview of your conundrums of 'philosophy'. You want to solve practical problems. F'r instance, how are you gonna stop some big, mean Mother Hubbard from tearing you a structurally superfluous new behind? The answer: Use a gun. And if that don't work? Use more gun.
And if that fails try this

[/spoiler]

ksbsnowowl

• Grape ape
  • Wishing I was a raging Norseman
« Reply #864 on: November 18, 2010, 12:10:00 AM »
Q 269: What base classes are there that have a good Fort save and Full BAB?

Barbarian, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Crusader, Warblade, Swashbuckler, and Samurai.  Any others?

The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world he didn't exist.

KSB Snow Owl's Archer Build thread

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #865 on: November 18, 2010, 12:12:31 AM »
Q 269: What base classes are there that have a good Fort save and Full BAB?

Barbarian, Fighter, Paladin, Ranger, Crusader, Warblade, Swashbuckler, and Samurai.  Any others?
Hexblade, and Duskblade.

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #866 on: November 18, 2010, 01:22:41 AM »
Q270: Are Sha'ir Arcane Casters, Divine Casters or neither? Example: Contemplative spell advancement
Q271: Do Sha'ir "Prepare" Spells?  Example: Alacritous Cognition
Q272: Are spells on the wizard/sorcerer list considered on the Sha'ir's list?  Example: Wand activation
Q273: Do Sha'ir need to sleep to cast spells?  (I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no.)
Q274: What are some good reserve feats?
« Last Edit: November 18, 2010, 01:39:53 AM by Sobolev »
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #867 on: November 18, 2010, 02:58:30 AM »
Q 275 Anyone know where I can read up on the warlock's errata written by Richard Baker? It was on WotC, but like most threads, it was removed when it was "updated". :eh

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #868 on: November 18, 2010, 03:10:12 AM »
Q276:What is the easiest way for recahrging power points?

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #869 on: November 18, 2010, 03:34:19 AM »
A276: Psycarnum Infusion + Azure Talent + Bestow Power + Cognizance Crystals, although it's of debatable legality.

I believe there's also a method using Earth Power that reduces the cost of Bestow Power to 1, and then you gain back 2 pp, but I don't know that one off-hand.

Regardless of how you do it, it's going to be a slow, time consuming process.  It's actually a *lot* easier to just go Ardent/Metamind w/ Practiced Manifester and spam the Temporal Reiteration power every round for infinite PP.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #870 on: November 18, 2010, 03:36:09 AM »
A276: Psycarnum Infusion + Azure Talent + Bestow Power + Cognizance Crystals, although it's of debatable legality.

I believe there's also a method using Earth Power that reduces the cost of Bestow Power to 1, and then you gain back 2 pp, but I don't know that one off-hand.

Regardless of how you do it, it's going to be a slow, time consuming process.  It's actually a *lot* easier to just go Ardent/Metamind w/ Practiced Manifester and spam the Temporal Reiteration power every round for infinite PP.
Quiver of +1 manifesting arrows and reduced cost bestow power.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #871 on: November 18, 2010, 03:41:34 AM »
Q277: Is there a way to pick up a Lesser Dragonfire Adept Invocation as a Warlock without taking levels in Dragonfire Adept?

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #872 on: November 18, 2010, 04:03:58 AM »
Q277: Is there a way to pick up a Lesser Dragonfire Adept Invocation as a Warlock without taking levels in Dragonfire Adept?

infernal adept feat.

Q278 Is there any ruleset for a Eberron hafling paladin picking up a Dinosaur as his mount?  It really seems like there should be.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #873 on: November 18, 2010, 04:23:43 AM »
Q 275 Anyone know where I can read up on the warlock's errata written by Richard Baker? It was on WotC, but like most threads, it was removed when it was "updated". :eh
http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19520666/Warlock_Faq_by_Rich_Baker
http://web.archive.org/web/20051204200607/http://boards1.wizards.com/showthread.php?t=360534

Echoes

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #874 on: November 18, 2010, 05:54:05 AM »

Psycarnum Infusion + Midnight Augmentation allows you to manifest bestow power with a base augment cost of 1 power point. Assuming Overchannel, a bestow power so augmented to ML 23 would grant 42 power points to the target. If you have Leadership (or are a Thrallherd), your cohort/thrall can take the same setup and you can recharge each other ad infinitum.

A spell-to-power erudite can do this if he learns simulacrum. Create a simulacrum of yourself and use it as your recharge battery.

The best option, however, is to perform the fusion dance with your psicrystal, granting it control and having it manifest astral seed so that you can destroy it and have it reform as a psion 1 level lower than you. It's still your psicrystal, which allows you to share powers with it. Now you can recharge at will with no downtime: share an augmented temporal acceleration with your psicrystal and begin the recharge loop, pausing to re-manifest temporal acceleration whenever it would drop.
BrokeAndDrive speaks the Truth (linked for great justice and signature limits)

Quotes I Found Entertaining:

Huge amounts of people are fuckwits. That doesn't mean that fuckwit is a valid lifestyle.

As a general rule, murdering people and taking their stuff is pretty much superior to breaking their stuff, murdering them, then not having any stuff to take.

Out of Context Theater
[spoiler]
Oh I'll make a party. I'll make a party so hard... I'll make a party that makes you feel so awkward downstairs.

You'll see the party and only be able to respond, "Oh yeah baby."
[/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #875 on: November 18, 2010, 01:03:11 PM »
Easiest recharge is Torc of Power Preservation + Earth Power.  Spend 1 power point, get 2.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #876 on: November 18, 2010, 01:03:44 PM »
Q270: Are Sha'ir Arcane Casters, Divine Casters or neither? Example: Contemplative spell advancement
Q272: Are spells on the wizard/sorcerer list considered on the Sha'ir's list?  Example: Wand activation
Q273: Do Sha'ir need to sleep to cast spells?  (I'm pretty sure the answer to this is no.)

Bump.  Plus More

Q279: Attempting to take advantage of the fact that Sha'ir don't need to retrieve a spell they can actually cast.  Any advantage to just fetching a 9th level spell at level 1 (assuming you can make the check)?  For those not familiar with the class, it would make me memorize a level 9 spell as a wizard but I would be unable to cast it (I don't have a slot for it)

Q280: How do I meet the Wild Shape requirement of Planar Shepard without taking a bunch of levels of druid?
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #877 on: November 18, 2010, 01:18:01 PM »

Bump.  Plus More

Q279: Attempting to take advantage of the fact that Sha'ir don't need to retrieve a spell they can actually cast.  Any advantage to just fetching a 9th level spell at level 1 (assuming you can make the check)?  For those not familiar with the class, it would make me memorize a level 9 spell as a wizard but I would be unable to cast it (I don't have a slot for it)

Q280: How do I meet the Wild Shape requirement of Planar Shepard without taking a bunch of levels of druid?
Can't help with the others. But can help with the last one.

A280: The Divine Minion template gets Wild Shape as an 11th level druid at will into deity-specific forms.
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #878 on: November 18, 2010, 01:25:33 PM »

Bump.  Plus More

A270 -- it appears to be both  :twitch :shrug
A271 -- basically.
A272 -- yes.
A273 -- sleep is a function of race/creature type.  regardless, you still need 8 hours of rest each day (see Magic chapter of PHB)
A274 -- take your pick (I'm not all that familiar with the efficacy of reserve feats)
A279 -- you still can't do anything with spells above what you can cast.  it does you no good.  (but I guess if you can contrive a crazy enough semantics argument, you could do what ever you want to with it  :eh).  yes, the writing/verbiage/editing for that class is sub-par.

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #879 on: November 18, 2010, 01:56:07 PM »

Bump.  Plus More

A270 -- it appears to be both  :twitch :shrug
A271 -- basically.
A272 -- yes.
A273 -- sleep is a function of race/creature type.  regardless, you still need 8 hours of rest each day (see Magic chapter of PHB)
A274 -- take your pick (I'm not all that familiar with the efficacy of reserve feats)
A279 -- you still can't do anything with spells above what you can cast.  it does you no good.  (but I guess if you can contrive a crazy enough semantics argument, you could do what ever you want to with it  :eh).  yes, the writing/verbiage/editing for that class is sub-par.

Thanks.  The only thing I hoped to do with 279 was maybe qualify for a prestige class early.  Thanks for the answers, I got basically what I wanted/expected. =D
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook