Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition  (Read 138065 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition
« Reply #780 on: November 16, 2010, 06:12:16 PM »
A235: It looks good, I think the reason it wasn't answered earlier is your formatting though. >.<

@ Phaedrus: Thats the proper way to do it, if you dont add the 2.5 for a new class or prestige class then multiclassing becomes less efficient, for example a Rogue 1/Barbarian 1 would have 5/6 Fort 2/3 Will and +2 Ref.
No, that's not what I'm saying. You add either 0.5 or 1/3rd for every class level. You also add +2 for the first level that you take of a class that has a "good" save (it doesn't have to be at 1st character level. It just has to be the first time you take a level that has that save as a "good" save). You also get the 0.5 at that level.

So a fighter 1/rogue 1/barbarian 1 (not gestalt) would have 3.33 (0.5x2+2+0.33) for Fort, 1 (0.33x3) for Will, and 2.83 (0.5+2+0.33x2) for Reflex.
To clarify, Phaedrus is talking about his houserule for the system, rather than how it works out of the box.

Personally, my opinion would lean towards only giving base classes the +2, and not prestige classes.  Small stealth nerf to casters.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

behaigo

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #781 on: November 16, 2010, 06:18:12 PM »
Q248:  I'm having the hardest time choosing my spells known for a sorcerer I've been building for an upcoming campaign.  Is there something somewhere I've missed that lists and rates spells that are the best candidates for sorcerers?
My Unitarian Jihad Name is Brother Gatling Gun of Reasoned Discussion.  What's yours?

This is the best name generator ever!

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #782 on: November 16, 2010, 06:37:19 PM »
Q248:  I'm having the hardest time choosing my spells known for a sorcerer I've been building for an upcoming campaign.  Is there something somewhere I've missed that lists and rates spells that are the best candidates for sorcerers?

A248:
Wings of Cover
Celerity
Arcane Fusion
Greater Arcane Fusion
Wings of Flurry if you want to blast.

Or just post your sources, your level, and what you have so far :)
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

behaigo

• Email
« Reply #783 on: November 16, 2010, 06:45:34 PM »

A248:
Wings of Cover
Celerity
Arcane Fusion
Greater Arcane Fusion
Wings of Flurry if you want to blast.

Or just post your sources, your level, and what you have so far :)

Right now I'm Sor 15//Dread Necro 15, all sources, and I have no spells set in stone (I had a bunch chosen, but accidentally got rid of the piece of paper they were written down on).  Also, I'm undead (if that changes anything).  I have the Mother Cyst feat as well. :D
My Unitarian Jihad Name is Brother Gatling Gun of Reasoned Discussion.  What's yours?

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #784 on: November 16, 2010, 07:21:58 PM »
Q249: What tier are Sha'ir (Dragon Compendium)?  My guess is 1 or 2, but looking for other opinions.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #785 on: November 16, 2010, 07:35:00 PM »
Q250:  Is there any +0 LA race with a racial bonus to Intimidate?
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

behaigo

• Email
« Reply #786 on: November 16, 2010, 07:39:32 PM »
Q250:  Is there any +0 LA race with a racial bonus to Intimidate?

A250: Changeling

Ithamar

• Hong Kong
  • PM me if you're interested in some Arena action!
« Reply #787 on: November 16, 2010, 07:43:02 PM »
Wow, how did I overlook Changelings?!  Thanks.
Are you worthy of Ascension?
Always accepting gladiators!  Now with a new and improved rule set!

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #788 on: November 16, 2010, 07:46:47 PM »
Q249: What tier are Sha'ir (Dragon Compendium)?  My guess is 1 or 2, but looking for other opinions.

And another

Q251: How do I get Use Magic Device as a class skill?  The only thing my tired brain can supply is Class with it + Able Learner.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #790 on: November 16, 2010, 09:08:19 PM »
Q251: How do I get Use Magic Device as a class skill?  The only thing my tired brain can supply is Class with it + Able Learner.

A251:The golden ager background from dragon 354. That costs you a feat requires you come from the ancient past.

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #791 on: November 16, 2010, 10:15:47 PM »
Q252:

Quote from: DMG2

Does this mean skill ranks cost 2 points after fifth level assuming you take a level in a class that does not provide the skill as a class skill?
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #792 on: November 16, 2010, 10:17:43 PM »
Yep.  Just as normal.
Planetouched Handbook

the_shadowmind

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #793 on: November 16, 2010, 10:20:25 PM »
Q247 Would a multi-class character with two spell lists that enters into the Sand Shaper prestige class, gain the desert insight spells to both spell known list or just one of the classes spells known. What if one side was a divine caster(ie. Favored Soul)?
Bump, because almost no one reads the page before the last.

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #794 on: November 16, 2010, 10:25:57 PM »
Yep.  Just as normal.

This seems annoying.  The thing from Eberron would be good but you have to be an elf.  Not familiar with the dragon magazine thing.  I guess I am teh screwed.

Edit:

Q254:  I'll just point out what I'm going for here and hope someone can help me out.  I'm considering making a Sha'ir which can have it's Gen get a spell they have seen.  I figured one way to do that effectively would be to cast the spell yourself with UMD, that way you can not just rely on the DM showing you spells all the time.  Perhaps there's another way that's better?...Maybe I should just do a Cleric dip for Magic/Kobold domains or something.  That seems ugly though.  Let's see if someone has a better idea.  I may just make a thread shortly but I hoped to have more done before I started the thread.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 10:30:36 PM by Sobolev »
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

muhammed

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #795 on: November 16, 2010, 10:27:02 PM »
Q253 Am I nuts or was the a way to switch the Bard spell list for the Wizard/Sorc list?

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #796 on: November 16, 2010, 10:27:28 PM »
Yep.  Just as normal.

This seems annoying.  The thing from Eberron would be good but you have to be an elf.  Not familiar with the dragon magazine thing.  I guess I am teh screwed.
No kalamar material allowed?  Skill prodigy is a good choice.
Planetouched Handbook

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #797 on: November 16, 2010, 10:30:50 PM »
Q253 Am I nuts or was the a way to switch the Bard spell list for the Wizard/Sorc list?

A253: Sublime Chord Prestige Class?
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

muhammed

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #798 on: November 16, 2010, 10:32:33 PM »

A253: Sublime Chord Prestige Class?

I thought it was an alt class ability possible from a dragon

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #799 on: November 16, 2010, 10:36:43 PM »
Yep.  Just as normal.

This seems annoying.  The thing from Eberron would be good but you have to be an elf.  Not familiar with the dragon magazine thing.  I guess I am teh screwed.
No kalamar material allowed?  Skill prodigy is a good choice.

Might work depending on how my stats work out, but the book I found seems 3.0.  Is that the newest one?  I found it in Kalamar Players Guide or something.
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook