Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition  (Read 138066 times)

Ramaloke

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition
« Reply #740 on: November 16, 2010, 01:05:28 AM »
Q239: What exactly are the requirements you need to meet to enter a PRC with a Domain requirement. Does this ACF from Complete Champion let you qualify:

Quote from: Complete Champion, Page 52
Domain Granted Power
So great are the extent of your study and the depth of your faith that you can call upon the power of one of your deity's domains.
Level: 5th, 10th, 15th, or 20th.
Replaces: This benefit replaces the bonus feat gained by a wizard at 5th, 10th, 15th, or 20th level.
Benefit:Special: If you take levels in a class that grants you a domain choice (such as cleric), you gain the full benefits of the domain in addition to the other domains available to you from that class.

If not that, then would Planar Touchstone: Catalogues of Enlightenment let you qualify? Im trying to figure out how to get an Archivist||Wizard getstalt into Dweomerkeeper and hoping I can do it via feats instead of with Prestige classes (such as contemplative or divine disciple).
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 01:07:10 AM by Ramaloke »
Favorite Songs
Passing Afternoon Like A Stone Wish You Where Here
~\-----------------/~

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #741 on: November 16, 2010, 01:10:51 AM »
Q239: What exactly are the requirements you need to meet to enter a PRC with a Domain requirement. Does this ACF from Complete Champion let you qualify:

Quote from: Complete Champion, Page 52
Domain Granted Power
So great are the extent of your study and the depth of your faith that you can call upon the power of one of your deity's domains.
Level: 5th, 10th, 15th, or 20th.
Replaces: This benefit replaces the bonus feat gained by a wizard at 5th, 10th, 15th, or 20th level.
Benefit:Special: If you take levels in a class that grants you a domain choice (such as cleric), you gain the full benefits of the domain in addition to the other domains available to you from that class.

If not that, then would Planar Touchstone: Catalogues of Enlightenment let you qualify? Im trying to figure out how to get an Archivist||Wizard getstalt into Dweomerkeeper and hoping I can do it via feats instead of with Prestige classes (such as contemplative or divine disciple).

Touchstone would, I know for sure, but that's considered a little cheesy. But hey, this is CharOp: Cheese is our bread and butter. ...Wait.
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"

sir_argenon

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #742 on: November 16, 2010, 01:16:09 AM »
Q240: is there any way to get the track feat for free, besides a ranger dip?

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #743 on: November 16, 2010, 01:37:24 AM »
Q240: is there any way to get the track feat for free, besides a ranger dip?
Depends on when you want it.

Base Classes
Wolf Totem Barbarian lvl 5
Survivalist lvl 1 (Fighter variant)
Thug lvl 1 (Fighter variant) gives Urban Tracking
Sacred Path of St. Cuthbert LN Monk lvl 1
Hunter of Fiends Paladin lvl 1
Scout lvl 4

Prestige Classes
Deepwarden (dwarf) lvl 1
Master Inquisitive lvl 2 (Track or Urban Tracking)
Sentinel of Bharrai lvl 1
Shadow Thief of Amn lvl 2
Son of Mercy lvl 1

Monsters
Hound Archon
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #744 on: November 16, 2010, 02:13:34 AM »
Q 241 This is a revision of a question I previously asked. I didn't quite get the answer I was looking for, so if I word it differently, I'm hoping to get a very different answer (especially since the answer I got was based on psions and 9th lvl wizards only). Is there a way for a low level human beguiler, bard, or illusionist (7th level), without the use of shadow magic, to affect blind people with their illusions in combat?

Q 242 Besides the Energy Substitution metamagic feat, is there a feat that mimics Snowcasting for spells to gain electricity, fire, water, and/or acid subtype?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 02:39:20 AM by kevin_video »

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #745 on: November 16, 2010, 03:02:58 AM »
Q 241 This is a revision of a question I previously asked. I didn't quite get the answer I was looking for, so if I word it differently, I'm hoping to get a very different answer (especially since the answer I got was based on psions and 9th lvl wizards only). Is there a way for a low level human beguiler, bard, or illusionist (7th level), without the use of shadow magic, to affect blind people with their illusions in combat?
Major image, and ghost sound.  Both have nonvisual components.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

RelentlessImp

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #746 on: November 16, 2010, 03:03:33 AM »

A 241: Not all Illusions are visual. Major Image, for instance, includes sound, smell, and thermal effects. Senses that specifically don't rely on sight.

swordsaged.
Solo on Essentials
I prepared irresistible phantasmal killer today... as a 4th level spell.
"He hit me with a flaming garbage can...and then the god damn hobo next to it!"

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #747 on: November 16, 2010, 03:13:50 AM »

A 241: Not all Illusions are visual. Major Image, for instance, includes sound, smell, and thermal effects. Senses that specifically don't rely on sight.
So does this mean that technically, for thematic purposes, a character could technically make the image so real, that the blind person could visualize the image inside their head?

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #748 on: November 16, 2010, 04:01:47 AM »
q237  Is there any prestige class that advances Dragonfire Adept "spellcasting" which can be entered with only 2 DFA levels and no warlock levels (Will have several levels in some melee classes).

q238 What can i do to protect a mundane piece of equipment (object) from acid damage?  Riding a mount with Acidic armor, and would like to keep my saddle intact.

Seriously guys, is there no simple way of making an object resist acid?
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #749 on: November 16, 2010, 04:07:35 AM »
Well, not permanently immune.  There's some antacid stuff from dungeonscape, you could increase the hardness via various spells, or suck up the cost, make it magic, and stick everbright onto it.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

cru

• Donkey Kong
    • Email
« Reply #750 on: November 16, 2010, 04:34:43 AM »
A238 Give the mount a durable (dungeonscape) barding; agree with the DM that saddle and barding are one piece of equipment. Note that durable only applies to metal armor.

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #751 on: November 16, 2010, 04:51:10 AM »
Yeah, the armor is the reason  need acid resistant barding anyway.

It occurs to me that hardness 8 prevents any damage from Acidic armor, right?

So, hardness infusion at level 12 brings the hardness of leather up to 8. 720 gp.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #752 on: November 16, 2010, 05:25:17 AM »
Q 243 Anyone know where I might have seen the stats on the broadsword? It was 2d4, and I think it cost 18 gold. I can't remember what d20 book I read that had it listed. I think it had a crit of 19-20/x2 as well.

Found it. It's actually 35 gold (which is significantly higher than a longsword). It's 2d4, 19-20/x2 crit, 5 lbs, and gives a +4 circumstance bonus against disarm checks. It's from the Ultimate Equipment Guide Vol 1.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 05:47:03 AM by kevin_video »

BruceLeeroy

• Curious George
« Reply #753 on: November 16, 2010, 07:19:00 AM »
That's 3rd party though, right?

Etarran

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #754 on: November 16, 2010, 07:31:34 AM »
Q 244: Can anyone think of a way to treat natural attacks or unarmed strikes as two-handed weapons for the purposes of power attack?

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #755 on: November 16, 2010, 11:03:34 AM »
Q 243 Anyone know where I might have seen the stats on the broadsword? It was 2d4, and I think it cost 18 gold. I can't remember what d20 book I read that had it listed. I think it had a crit of 19-20/x2 as well.

Found it. It's actually 35 gold (which is significantly higher than a longsword). It's 2d4, 19-20/x2 crit, 5 lbs, and gives a +4 circumstance bonus against disarm checks. It's from the Ultimate Equipment Guide Vol 1.
Arms and Equipment Guide said to treat it the same as a longsword, back in the 3.0 days, because functionally they "behaved" the same way.

And those stats make not a damned bit of sense, mechanically, much less in context with the other weapon stats already out there.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

wotmaniac

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Emperor's Enforcer
« Reply #756 on: November 16, 2010, 11:18:04 AM »
Q 244: Can anyone think of a way to treat natural attacks or unarmed strikes as two-handed weapons for the purposes of power attack?
hammer fist feat?  :shrug

[spoiler]
If you stop ignoring 289 pages telling what the intent is to stretch "more power" in your own god complexion of your interpretation trumps all to cover ability adjustments from aging then I will ignore a quarter page of rules that exist within a sidebar.
I think in this case the grammar is less important than whether the Str and Dex bonus provided to your created undead scales.

Greenbound Summoning RAI
Expanded Gestalt
More Savage Progressions[/spoiler]
Report any wrongs I have done here.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #757 on: November 16, 2010, 01:18:39 PM »
Yeah, the armor is the reason  need acid resistant barding anyway.

It occurs to me that hardness 8 prevents any damage from Acidic armor, right?

So, hardness infusion at level 12 brings the hardness of leather up to 8. 720 gp.
Alternatively, make it from Green/Black/Copper dragon hide.  Draconomicon states that items made from dragonhide have the same enermy immunities as their parent dragon.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #758 on: November 16, 2010, 01:29:55 PM »

Arms and Equipment Guide said to treat it the same as a longsword, back in the 3.0 days, because functionally they "behaved" the same way.

And those stats make not a damned bit of sense, mechanically, much less in context with the other weapon stats already out there.
I know it does, but I thought that was kind of off. It's like when it says a claymore is a greatsword and a bastard sword, and then made it 1d12. WotC says one thing, and does another all of the time. There is no continuity with them.

It is if you played AD&D where it was 1-8 damage for a long sword, and 2-8 damage for a broad sword. All the book did was bring back the 2nd Ed weapon. Much like other books have brought back 1st and 2nd Ed monsters.

Yes. It's still a weapon that used to be in the old D&D books.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #759 on: November 16, 2010, 02:06:08 PM »

I know it does, but I thought that was kind of off. It's like when it says a claymore is a greatsword and a bastard sword, and then made it 1d12. WotC says one thing, and does another all of the time. There is no continuity with them.

It is if you played AD&D where it was 1-8 damage for a long sword, and 2-8 damage for a broad sword. All the book did was bring back the 2nd Ed weapon. Much like other books have brought back 1st and 2nd Ed monsters.

Yes. It's still a weapon that used to be in the old D&D books.

Wasn't it 2d4 for a bastard sword in second edition?
Also IIRC the Longsword was better against large opponents, dealing d12 damage where the bastard sword dealt only 1d10. And the greatsword dealt 2d6/3d6.

Very confusing but so very rewarding when you slice up two gnolls as a level 1 halfling, who has his highest stat as a 13 in dex.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out