Author Topic: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition  (Read 138251 times)

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
Re: Ask a Simple Question part 19: Titan-Bloodline Pixie Ubercharger edition
« Reply #20 on: October 28, 2010, 09:46:03 PM »
Q9  Here we go again.
Is it possible to give bonuses that are typical for armor to normal clothes? For example to create Fearsome Robes, or a Spider Boon Dress? If so, where can I find some info to confirm this fact?  

A 9 --- No for normal normal clothes.
Yes for polymorphed objects into "normal" clothes, like polymorphed Plate Mail works the same but looks different.
or "normal" clothes as the base for a magic item, that provides an AC bonus of whatever sort.
Yes but Maybe No, for Leather Clothes. They might qualify as Leather Armor, or badly made Leather Armor that doesn't fit right.

Maat_Mons

• Hong Kong
  • What is a smile but a grimace of happiness?
« Reply #21 on: October 28, 2010, 09:54:49 PM »
force arrows?
they cut through wind walls and deflection as well?

Maybe.  It's a DM judgment call.  The force arrows seem closer to spell effects than to normal arrows.  You could make a good common sense argument that they shouldn't be affected by deflect arrows or wind wall. 

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #22 on: October 28, 2010, 10:09:41 PM »
Q10 - is there a ACF for wizards to not have a spellbook and where is it?

Ron

lianightdemon

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #23 on: October 28, 2010, 10:18:53 PM »
A10 B
Yes
DragMag357

Eidetic Spellcaster
Level 1st
Replaces familiar and scribe scroll
Benefit: You do not need a spell book, either to record spells you know or to prepare known spells. you can learn spells normally, either through gaining levels in wizard or learning from other spellbooks, and you must pay all the normal costs for learning new spells (used instead in special incenses rather than inks), but you do not need to put them into a spellbook.

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #24 on: October 28, 2010, 10:21:17 PM »
A10 B
Yes
DragMag357

Eidetic Spellcaster
Level 1st
Replaces familiar and scribe scroll
Benefit: You do not need a spell book, either to record spells you know or to prepare known spells. you can learn spells normally, either through gaining levels in wizard or learning from other spellbooks, and you must pay all the normal costs for learning new spells (used instead in special incenses rather than inks), but you do not need to put them into a spellbook.

thank you

Emo_Duck

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
« Reply #25 on: October 28, 2010, 10:24:39 PM »
Q11: Is there a way to ready a move or swift action without sacrificing a whole standard action to do so?

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 28, 2010, 10:33:23 PM »
Q9 Is it possible to give bonuses that are typical for armor to normal clothes? For example to create Fearsome Robes, or a Spider Boon Dress? If so, where can I find some info to confirm this fact? 

As far as I know, no.  Some people house-rule bracers of armor to allow special abilities to be purchased.  Given the existence of bracers of striking (Magic of Faerun 155) and necklace of natural weapons (Savage Species 58), its surprising an armor equivalent doesn't exist. 

What do you need this for exactly?  If it's for an arcane caster, there are armors without arcane spells failure.  If it's for a druid, there are armors that change with you when you wild shape. 
The bracers of rmor thing came from the Arms and Equipment Guide, originally.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #27 on: October 28, 2010, 10:50:17 PM »
Q11: Is there a way to ready a move or swift action without sacrificing a whole standard action to do so?
eyes of the oracle?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Epimetheus

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #28 on: October 28, 2010, 11:10:06 PM »
eyes of the oracle?

Readying move actions... the best way to get out of melee.

No seriously, melee attackers become completely useless if you allow it. So where is Eyes of the Oracle then?

carnivore

• Grape ape
« Reply #29 on: October 28, 2010, 11:24:34 PM »
Q10

Is there anyway for an archer to overcome deflect arrows (and infinite deflection), and Wind walls, and heavy winds? So they are still able to use their archery during such combats.
A10  
vs Deflect Arrows and Infinite Deflection .... NO, not with the Force Special .... since it only changes the damage Type, not the attack itself(it still is a ranged weapon) ... however the way you could overcome Deflect Arrows, look at the feat itself:

DEFLECT ARROWS [GENERAL]
Prerequisites: Dex 13, Improved Unarmed Strike.

Benefit: You must have at least one hand free (holding nothing) to use this feat. Once per round when you would normally be hit with a ranged weapon, you may deflect it so that you take no damage from it. You must be aware of the attack and not flatfooted

genuine

• Email
« Reply #30 on: October 28, 2010, 11:57:22 PM »
Q12: Can the Deflect Arrows feat be used to deflect a grenade-like ranged attack, like a tanglefoot bag?

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2010, 12:34:21 AM »
Q12: Can the Deflect Arrows feat be used to deflect a grenade-like ranged attack, like a tanglefoot bag?
I would think so.  It is still a small, physical object that requires an attack roll.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2010, 01:00:00 AM »
I'd say no on splash weapons, though.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

TC X0 Lt 0X

« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2010, 01:18:08 AM »
Q13
Is there a spell or item (non armor) that can Bestow the effect of Heavy Fortification Armor Enhancement or equivalent (Immunity to Sneak Attack/Crits)?
"Never beg, you earn, by winning,
or else you won't get anything..."

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 29, 2010, 01:19:51 AM »
Bump
Q 3 How do you permanently make a drider large or huge size, when it only advances via class levels?

Q 5 If Oriental Adventures (Shiba Protector) and Unnaproachable East (Shou Disciple) are not allowed in the campaign (as well as any other FR books), what would be the best classes to trade them with?
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #35 on: October 29, 2010, 01:20:07 AM »
Q13
Is there a spell or item (non armor) that can Bestow the effect of Heavy Fortification Armor Enhancement or equivalent (Immunity to Sneak Attack/Crits)?
Elemental Body.  Probably more at lower levels.

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #36 on: October 29, 2010, 01:21:07 AM »
Q13
Gemstone of Fortification, Draconomicon.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #37 on: October 29, 2010, 01:47:50 AM »
Q14

I need a guide for building a character that must necessarily use a shield (that is able to siphon damage away from others, apparently similar to Shield Other) as a core concept. I know there was a Captain America build around somewhere, but it's gone from the Wizards boards. Are there any other guides to doing this? There are no casters, so it doesn't need to be up to that level of power, thankfully. Unfortunately, I'm not building the character, all I really know right now is that it's Core + PHB2 + Completes only. If there aren't any guides around, I'll start a new thread.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

JaronK

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #38 on: October 29, 2010, 02:39:07 AM »
Q14

I need a guide for building a character that must necessarily use a shield (that is able to siphon damage away from others, apparently similar to Shield Other) as a core concept. I know there was a Captain America build around somewhere, but it's gone from the Wizards boards. Are there any other guides to doing this? There are no casters, so it doesn't need to be up to that level of power, thankfully. Unfortunately, I'm not building the character, all I really know right now is that it's Core + PHB2 + Completes only. If there aren't any guides around, I'll start a new thread.

It's not a guide, but you can check here:  http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1532.0;wap2

JaronK

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #39 on: October 29, 2010, 02:45:23 AM »
Q14

It's not a guide, but you can check here:  http://brilliantgameologists.com/boards/index.php?topic=1532.0;wap2

JaronK

That does nicely, thanks.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.