Author Topic: Myth-Adventures Based Game: Preliminary Interest Thread  (Read 6490 times)

Skeeve

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Who's Better than Kanyon?
Re: Myth-Adventures Based Game: Preliminary Interest Thread
« Reply #40 on: July 22, 2008, 02:51:03 PM »
Will you be posting your general background in this thread, or starting another?

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #41 on: July 22, 2008, 09:56:01 PM »
For ease of reference, I'll be starting a new thread.

Chemus

• Donkey Kong
« Reply #42 on: July 22, 2008, 10:09:33 PM »
Now please correct me if I'm wrong, but Gnomes, coming from Nome, haven't actually appeared in the stories, just their representatives. Right?

I was looking at the shadocraft mage, and kinda like the earth dreamer.

Something like this:

sorcerer 5/SCM 5/ Earth Dreamer 5/X 5. Looking to use illusions exclusively, or almost exclusively.

Alternately, I'd like to play the bogeyman that you presented on failmax, the one with warshaper and granting negative levels. He'd be Good aligned and have no understanding why people shrank away from his touch.
*waves hand* This is not the sig you're looking for...
The freely downloadable and searchable 3.5 SRD I prefer (Web)
Camlen, Enniwey

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #43 on: July 22, 2008, 10:29:49 PM »
I'd like to stay away from the Boogeyman for several reasons:

1. Mechanically, it just doesn't work as a good character, and I'm not really enthused about hand-waving Soul Eater into a non-evil class.

2. A character who feasts on the souls of others (deliberately or accidentally) really doesn't fit with the tone of the setting.

3. The Boogeyman's at a higher OL than I'm really aiming for with this game.  One of the major themes of the Myth series is that teamwork and cleverness--not raw power--get the job done.  Of the two major characters, one is a wizard with no magic, and the other starts as an apprentice wizard with minimal spells.  Although he gets considerably more skilled by the end of the series, he's never the kind of world-levelling powerhouse his reputation makes him out to be.

Most of this will be covered in the new post.  In general, though, take the base Druid as the benchmark.  If it's significantly more powerful than that, it's probably not a great fit for this campaign.  I won't say no out of hand, but it'll factor into the decision.

Gnomes (and the other default D&D races) will also be covered in the new post.  In brief: any default race from the PHB is fair game; it's just that some may not have the same name.  ("Human," for instance, would include Klahds and residents of quite a number of other dimensions.)

AfterCrescent

• Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #44 on: July 23, 2008, 12:45:13 AM »
I'm going to go ahead and lock this, since you've started a new thread. Enjoy the recruitment :D
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie