Author Topic: Help me become a master of the unseen hand!!!  (Read 5802 times)

Nietzscheese

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Rape is never funny...unless your raping a clown.
    • Email
Help me become a master of the unseen hand!!!
« on: October 17, 2010, 07:43:11 PM »
I'm about to start a new game with a group.  Sometimes the games we play fizzle out with characters around level 8.  I'd really like to play a Master of the unseen hand before its all over.  So...does anyone know of a race/template/prestige class that gets telekinesis before level 9?

Better stated: Whats the quickest way to get into the "Master of the Unseen Hand" prestige class???

Thanks in advance.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Help me become a master of the unseen hand!!!
« Reply #1 on: October 17, 2010, 07:45:47 PM »
In before TML: 2 levels of ghost.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #3 on: October 17, 2010, 08:28:23 PM »
ghostwalk has some useful stuff for being a ghost and getting telekinesis too.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #4 on: October 17, 2010, 08:42:44 PM »
A good CHA-based class that gives you Concentration would be Hexblade.
Arcane Resistance is all kinds of nice.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Nietzscheese

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 18, 2010, 12:44:38 AM »
In before TML: 2 levels of ghost.
Awesome! Thank you, not sure the DM would go for it but its worth a shot.
Im not sure I understand how this helps.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #6 on: October 18, 2010, 12:47:54 AM »
Im not sure I understand how this helps.
You need 8 ranks of Concentration to enter MotUH. You also have a good reason to pick a Cha-based class since you're focusing on Telekinesis; thus, Hexblade. It's a nice bonus to saves against spells and the like, which are probably one of the few things that will affect a ghost anyway.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #7 on: October 18, 2010, 07:34:01 AM »
Random thought: set up your Gate of Babylon, then cast brilliant aura. Aside from the obvious benefit, your sianghams (you are using sianghams for their damage-to-weight ratio, right? :p) do not treat you as providing cover even if they're also ghost touch. If you catch your opponents' weapons in the burst, laugh as they become unable to harm you.

Quote from: Complete Divine
You limn your allies in a glowing nimbus, transforming their attacks into brilliant energy. Each person affected by this aura gives off light as a torch (20 foot radius). Their weapon attacks (melee or ranged) function as if their weapons were brilliant energy weapons: they ignore nonliving matter, and armor and enhancement AC bonuses do not count against them. The attacks cannot harm undead, constructs, or objects. In addition, all attacks gain an enhancement bonus on damage equal to one-half the caster's level (maximum +10).
AFB - according to WotC index, the SpC version is an lv7/8 spell and works a little differently. A Ghost 2/Sorcerer+PrCs 18 could pull it off.

EDIT: Another random thought. Gestalt build with Arcane Duelist on the other side. Brilliant aura + Flurry of swords + telekinesis. Don't forget to designate a +2 force bastard sword as your Chosen Weapon and get some way to Dextrous Attack+Power Attack in a line (eg. Bloodstorm Blade + lightning throw).

EDIT2:
Human SP Ghost 2/Arcane duelist 10/Sorcerer 8//Warblade 1/Sorcerer 10/Bloodstorm blade 3/Master of the unseen hand 5/Warblade +1
Feats: Power Attack
Spells: Brilliant auraCD
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 03:54:51 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #8 on: October 18, 2010, 09:24:51 AM »
Also, chain spell and master of the unseen hand is all kinds of stupid.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Unbeliever

• King Kong
« Reply #9 on: October 18, 2010, 03:51:25 PM »
I'm AFB right now, but are you chaining TK in order to wield an armada of weapons?  Or, are you chaining TK to try and fling everyone you can find? 

In both cases the 1/2 caster level or the +4 to save that chain inflicts might be an issue.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #10 on: October 18, 2010, 08:13:26 PM »
It doesn't halve the caster level.  It decreases DCs and secondary targets take half as much damage that the spell deals (and a reflex save).

None of which matters when you're getting ready to chain full attack telekinesis.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Nietzscheese

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 18, 2010, 11:02:24 PM »
omg that's sexy!

Unbeliever

• King Kong
« Reply #12 on: October 20, 2010, 01:14:58 AM »
It doesn't halve the caster level.  It decreases DCs and secondary targets take half as much damage that the spell deals (and a reflex save).

None of which matters when you're getting ready to chain full attack telekinesis.
Thanks for the correction, I knew I was missing something.