Author Topic: [D&D 3.5] 20th Level One-Shot Setup Thread  (Read 43329 times)

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: [D&D 3.5] 20th Level One-Shot Setup Thread *Date Extension
« Reply #160 on: October 23, 2010, 01:46:15 PM »
Well I've got my spot and listen about as high as they are going to go, though I still need a form or true seeing but that will have to happen in game as I don't have that much more cash left. Does anyone know of any items to get survival higher? That is the hardest one at the moment and I cant find any items to add to it.

There are some items that grant a +2 competence bonus to survival and some other that grant a +4 but only when tracking......
That said you could use a masterwork tool to grant you a +2 circumastance for only 50 gp......

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #161 on: October 23, 2010, 01:57:53 PM »
Well I've got my spot and listen about as high as they are going to go, though I still need a form or true seeing but that will have to happen in game as I don't have that much more cash left. Does anyone know of any items to get survival higher? That is the hardest one at the moment and I cant find any items to add to it.

There are some items that grant a +2 competence bonus to survival and some other that grant a +4 but only when tracking......
That said you could use a masterwork tool to grant you a +2 circumastance for only 50 gp......

Go masterwork tool (Rambo's knife)!
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #162 on: October 23, 2010, 02:05:47 PM »
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 03:05:00 PM by archangel.arcanis »
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #163 on: October 23, 2010, 02:46:36 PM »
well my spells are slected feel free to take a look

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #164 on: October 23, 2010, 02:52:12 PM »
Well as to the init question if you are looking for ways to boost that other then improve init for +4 init there is the weapon enchantment that is a +2 enchantment of warning that that gives a +5 to init perfect for armour spikes on armour shields and gantlets (note with FF i had my init at +14 now at 10 we will have to see if they are coming back in or not)

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #165 on: October 23, 2010, 03:04:39 PM »
It would be good if one of you has a spell that can remove my frenzy if it needs to happen....
It is unlikely as my will save is +16 and I will only fail if I roll 3 and under but I don't know maybe you want to have all our bases covered....

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #166 on: October 23, 2010, 04:03:46 PM »
These spells I've cast my self (I have most of them on my domains, so I could just cast it when I received the scrolls due to spontaneous domains) it is just the refuge thingie I have given to a friend back in my town in case they need my help, it can teleport across planes and stuff.

If I take leadership, what wealth will my companions have? Standard WBL, from my pocket, or NPC WBL?

Can we buy feats as per the complete scoundrel magical locations?
I've responded to your PM. I tried to give you as much info as I thought was necessary, but if there's something you want more detailed about, let me know. I didn't want to write six pages of filler and bore you.

NPC WBL.

You want the Court of Thieves special ability, don't you? I assume that because of the luck feat and Leadership bonus (to bard or rogue). Yeah, sure. I didn't say you couldn't, and if you're willing  to give up 6000 gold for it, you can take it.

well I'm about out of money so here is what I've got: http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=248965
And build layout and spending totals
RAW, you know that the level of ranger you stopped at, mixed with shadowdancer, doesn't give you improved evasion, right? It's one of those things that unfortunately don't say "if a character already has evasion, they get the better version instead". House rules give it, but RAW does not. Just wanted to clarify.
I reject your reality, and substitute my own.

When God gives you lemons... it's time to find a new God.

Like D&D Freakouts? Check out this 4th Ed one.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #167 on: October 23, 2010, 04:06:41 PM »
Kevin did you check my character?
When you have time check to see if there is any problem....
i don't think there is one but I want to be sure.......

http://www.myth-weavers.com/sheetview.php?sheetid=248233

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #168 on: October 23, 2010, 04:15:36 PM »

I didn't see anything wrong with it before. Even commented on it because I couldn't believe the strength. Did you change anything to it?

As well, did you really not want to give yourself any armor? Just want to double check in case something didn't save.
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 04:17:13 PM by kevin_video »

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #169 on: October 23, 2010, 04:17:41 PM »

I didn't see anything wrong with it before. Even commented on it because I couldn't believe the strength. Did you change anything to it?

I removed some abilities from extra familiar because they were going to be wasted....
I did not see you previous commnet.....
Thanks.....

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #170 on: October 23, 2010, 04:22:09 PM »
You want the Court of Thieves special ability, don't you? I assume that because of the luck feat and Leadership bonus (to bard or rogue). Yeah, sure. I didn't say you couldn't, and if you're willing  to give up 6000 gold for it, you can take it.

Nah, I already have a leadership score of 25+. I just wanted the skill focus from fane of the frog god to free up a feat for leadership.

Apart from that, Cool! My newly wed Wizard friend is gonna do silly things with polymorph and veils. I'll not give him a familiar, since I think controlling 2 characters is quite enough, so just two guys will be teleporting in with the scroll. Will you allow him to be an incantatrix? (since I have technically 5 levels more than just his veil levels to play around with).
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 04:26:44 PM by Mixster »
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #171 on: October 23, 2010, 04:24:42 PM »
You want the Court of Thieves special ability, don't you? I assume that because of the luck feat and Leadership bonus (to bard or rogue). Yeah, sure. I didn't say you couldn't, and if you're willing  to give up 6000 gold for it, you can take it.

Nah, I already have a leadership score of 25+. I just wanted the skill focus from fane of the frog god to free up a feat for leadership.
Ah, very well. Still 2000 though. Which is like a drop in the bucket for 20th level characters.

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #172 on: October 23, 2010, 04:25:55 PM »
BTW, guys, make sure you have an idea as to what colour of text you want to use when the thread opens up.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #173 on: October 23, 2010, 04:29:39 PM »

As well, did you really not want to give yourself any armor? Just want to double check in case something didn't save.

Yes no armor.....
My ac is low so i decided to dump it.....Do you have a problem with negative Ac?There is nothing in the rules preventing it and if I use Reckless charge I will have negative ac...

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #174 on: October 23, 2010, 04:31:49 PM »

Yes no armor.....
My ac is low so i decided to dump it.....Do you have a problem with negative Ac?There is nothing in the rules preventing it and if I use Reckless charge I will have negative ac...
lol Can you actually have negative AC? If you minus a minus, wouldn't technically give you a bonus? Maybe you're secretly an AD&D character. I'd think that 0 is the lowest you can possibly go.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #175 on: October 23, 2010, 04:34:34 PM »

Yes no armor.....
lol Can you actually have negative AC? If you minus a minus, wouldn't technically give you a bonus? Maybe you're secretly an AD&D character. I'd think that 0 is the lowest you can possibly go.

Well my ac is 7....If i use reckless charge from the shock trooper for 20 it should go to -13.....

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #176 on: October 23, 2010, 04:37:41 PM »
Well my ac is 7....If i use reckless charge from the shock trooper for 20 it should go to -13.....
Right now, I'd say 0 is the lowest you can go. I know you can get negative numbers for skill checks and attack bonuses, so technically that should also mean AC. I've put it to the Simple Question people so I'll wait until I hear from them, but until then, your AC would be 0, but if the attack has negative penalties, then we'd adjust accordingly.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #177 on: October 23, 2010, 04:40:08 PM »
Right now, I'd say 0 is the lowest you can go. I know you can get negative numbers for skill checks and attack bonuses, so technically that should also mean AC. I've put it to the Simple Question people so I'll wait until I hear from them, but until then, your AC would be 0, but if the attack has negative penalties, then we'd adjust accordingly.

If ac can not go below 0 does that mean that I can not use Reckless charge for more than 7?
Hell i don't need even to use reckless charge if I rage and Frenzy my ac goes to -1, does that mean that I can not rage and frenzy?
« Last Edit: October 23, 2010, 04:41:55 PM by betrayor »

kevin_video

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #178 on: October 23, 2010, 04:43:05 PM »

If ac can not go below 0 does that mean that I can not use Reckless charge for more than 7?
Hell i don't need even to use reckless charge if I rage and Frenzy my ac goes to -1, does that mean that I can not rage and frenzy?
That's a very good question.

Stormcrow

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #179 on: October 23, 2010, 04:57:09 PM »
It would be good if one of you has a spell that can remove my frenzy if it needs to happen....
It is unlikely as my will save is +16 and I will only fail if I roll 3 and under but I don't know maybe you want to have all our bases covered....

such as ? sorry other then actavate the ring of invisabiltey or cloke of the bat and get the hell out of doge i have no idea how to stop rage or frenzzy