Author Topic: D20_Future Campaign : Rise of the Kinori  (Read 7889 times)

atanakar

Re: D20_Future Campaign : Rise of the Kinori
« Reply #20 on: April 30, 2008, 09:04:35 PM »

atanakar

« Reply #21 on: April 30, 2008, 09:05:01 PM »

atanakar

« Reply #22 on: April 30, 2008, 09:05:35 PM »

atanakar

« Reply #23 on: April 30, 2008, 09:06:03 PM »

Winter blues. Winter has been particularly harsh this year for the survivors in the Montreal region. Althought the Fraal have provided food and energy, the effects of having snow storm after snow storm are taking their toll. People have this characteristic look in their eyes: Sadness mixed with helplessness. Tempers are short. We are like automatons, racing from one daily occupation to the other. Spending less and less time outside our homes...

Sinatra tells me we are at war. To defend what?
A sunless ball of ice !!!

atanakar

« Reply #24 on: April 30, 2008, 09:06:22 PM »

atanakar

« Reply #25 on: April 30, 2008, 09:07:02 PM »

atanakar

« Reply #26 on: April 30, 2008, 09:07:44 PM »

3 Months ago

atanakar

« Reply #27 on: April 30, 2008, 09:08:16 PM »

Current time
AI : Five Vrusk cruisers entering the Solar system.
Davis Jr : Well, well, well. (Turning to his communication console.)

Davis Jr : Vrusk cruisers welcome to the Solar system. Please standby for further instructions.
General Isl_Tjik_Vrass: House Tjik_Vrass salutes you and wishes you honor in combat ! Understood. Waiting for instructions.
Davis Jr : AI contact Sinatra.
AI: Secure connection opened.

Davis Jr : The Vrusk have arrived
Sinatra : Really! Hum.. Interesting. The Head Accountant decided to dig deep into his pockets.
Davis Jr : The hour is also desperate for them I guess?
Sinatra : Indeed! Tell them to assume position opposite Jupiter's current location.

Davis Jr : Vrusk fleet assume position to these coordinates.
General Isl_Tjik_Vrass: Coordinates received. Moving to location. Vrusk fleet out.

Davis Jr looks at the Ship Monitoring Console. Close to 20 ships. Not bad. The T'sa will be here in 1 hour. The defense of the Solar system is in place. The Technophage will not attack such a big fleet.

AI : Receiving message from Dean at the Galactic Concord Universal Head Quarters.
Dean : We are under attack! I repeat, we are under attack! Sending compressed data of all info collected up to know. Farewell friends... Dean out !

atanakar

« Reply #28 on: April 30, 2008, 09:09:00 PM »

One hour earlier
Command deck of the Strike Cruiser Eoraptor-Prime. A single Kinori stands erect in the command room. He is the Ernidass-Prime, commander of the retribution fleet. Next to him, Honorable G'chich Tjik, can barely contain himself. Ernidass-Prime activates the ship-wide communication system.

Ernidass-Prime : Pernidass-Prime, please connect me to the rest of the fleet.
Pernidass-Prime : Connection established.

Ernidass-Prime : Today, we will strike a crippling blow to our enemy! Thanks to the help of our new allies we possess the means and the information to reach deep into the Galactic Concord and strike directly at their center of operation. Today, the Galactic Concord Universal Headquarters will fall! You have trained hard in the last months for this. Today, YOU rise to the level of our ancentors. Make them proud !
Ernidass-Prime signal his communication officer to cut the transmission. He turns around to G'chich Tjik.

Ernidass-Prime : Are you sure you cannot stay to witness our victory and return home?
G'chich Tjik : You know very well that my race has gone to great lengths to hide our implication in this revenge of yours.

Ernidass-Prime : We have the same goals?
G'chich Tjik : Indeed. You get your revenge and we get an open trade market. No more Galactic Concord meddling against either of our races. But contrary to you, the members of my race are spread out on all the Galactic Concord worlds. If the truth became known we would suffer greatly. Secrecy is of outmost importance if you want to continue to receive our support.

Ernidass-Prime : I admit, mixing T'sa and Kinori technologies to produce a new kind of ship steers the suspicions away from you in an elegant manner. Do not worry about secrecy. The benefits to both our races greatly out way any ill conceived plans of treachery.
G'chich Tjik : You are a wise leader Ernidass-Prime.

Pernidass-Prime : Sir, receiving signal from the relocation colony.
Ernidass-Prime : Put it on the intercom.

Ternidass-Prime : Greetings commander, you can proceed with our plan. All the Kinori migration ships have reached our new homeworld. This time no one can usurp our destiny!
Ernidass-Prime : Proud the serve Ternidass-Prime.

Ternidass-Prime : G'chich Tjik, extend our sincere thanks to the Vrusk Trade Authority. Smuggling close to 70 000 Kinori refugees under the nose of the Fraals was quite an exploit.
G'chich Tjik : The Technophage treat provided the perfect opportunity. The Fraal leader in the Solar system is obsessed with them. I must admit you played your part very well. Leaving troops behind to continue attacking border patrols and human settlements put your enemy to sleep...

Ternidass-Prime : You flatter me. I did the necessary for the survival of my race. It was impossible to thrive under the embargo imposed by the Galactic Concord. Farewell G 'hcich Tjik.
G 'hcich Tjik : Farewell to you and the Kinori. I will contact you in 100 days when the dust has settled.

G'chich Tjik salutes Eernidass-Prime, the rest of his command staff, and then leaves the command deck.

atanakar

« Reply #29 on: April 30, 2008, 09:09:52 PM »

Current time
Sinatra, Davis Jr and Lawford have just finished reviewing the info sent by Dean. The usually gray faces of the Fraals are almost white.

Sinatra : We have a new enemy ! Someone we did not, or could not take into account. But who?
Lawford : Technical data reveals unknowned ship configuration. Does not match Technophage profile.

Davis Jr : I've reviewed scan data sent with the message. Elements of T'sa technology have been identified. Also, my files tell me there are also elements of Kinori technology!
Sinatra : Are you sure?

Davis Jr : I've run the comparison twice. I am certain
Sinatra : Someone else is behind this. The T'sa and the Kinori. Pfff. Someone is trying to undermine the Galactic Concord. Davis, run scans of Earth. How many Kinori life signs.

Davis Jr : Orbital drones scanning the planet... one moment, this is impossible. Scanning again. 2186 Kinori life signs detected.
Lawford : We have been duped. Someone has gone to great lengths to help the Kinori.

AI : Receiving distress signal from ALL Fraal Colony Ships outside Solar System.
Sinatra : What ? A coordinated attack! This is unforeseen. AI, decompress the messages and give us the details

AI : Decompressing ... analyzing ... formatting

AI : Fifteen minutes ago all Fraal colony ship outside the Solar System were attack by large Technophage fleets. Sometime as many as 15 ships. Of the nine colony ships, two have been destroyed, five are regrouping to our position, one is too severely damaged for interstellar flight and the last one is unaccounted for. All other military and civilian Fraal assets are regrouping to the Solar System. Casualties inflicted on the Technophage fleets was extensive. The knowledge we gained from the Technophage teleportation device seize during the raid on the Europa Moon proved to be invaluable. We were able to teleport our newly developed singularity grenades inside many of their ships. The enemy has retreated on all fronts. End of report.

Davis Jr : This is certainly the darkest hour of our race.
Lawford : The Galactic Concord will crumble. Every races will pull back within the security of its borders.
Sinatra : We are too few. With two colony ships destroyed, one badly crippled and another loss almost 50 percent of our people are either dead or in grave danger. We face extinction. Someone opened the gates of Rome to the barbarians...

AI : Aleerin and Vrusk fleets requesting permission to return to their homeworlds.
Sinitra : Let them.
AI : T'sa contingent arriving in 15 minutes. They are aware of the attack but want to help anyway.
Sinitra : Tell them to stand by near the Moon. Our colony ships will need extensive repairs.
Davis Jr : You will let them inside our ships?
Lawford : Sinatra is right. We will need all the manpower we can get.
Sinitra : This maybe the start of a new coalition. Humans, Fraal and the T'sa.

atanakar

« Reply #30 on: April 30, 2008, 09:10:25 PM »

23 days ago

atanakar

« Reply #31 on: April 30, 2008, 09:10:46 PM »

AI : All surviving Kinori ships of the strike force have landed at the relocation colony.
G'chich_Tjik : AI detonate all war heads...
AI : Sending signal ....

One hour later
AI : Detonations confirmed. Planet scans detect no survivors.

atanakar

« Reply #32 on: April 30, 2008, 09:11:11 PM »
PFL Izrl Tjik_Vrass : Tell me G'chich_Tjik, have you tied all the loose ends?

G'chich_Tjik : Yes. The Kinori are no more. The few that are still on Earth are oblivious to our implication. All the engineers and personnel that worked on the ships have been disposed off. Their families are jumping off Mount T'mowr under false premises of dishonor to House Tjik_Vrass. The Operative OpDal_Tjik and his associates have been eliminated. Only One-Eye of the Technophage and I remain. Must I jump off Mount T'mowr also?

PFL Izrl Tjik_Vrass : We dare not strike against One-Eye. Our secret is safe with him. As for you my dear G'chich_Tjik, I have other plans. The Trade Authority is extremely satistified with your performance. I am old and will be stepping down as president of house Tjik_Vrass in two days. You, G'chich_Tjik, will be the new president. Recent event have proven you are made for this position. Salute me one last time.

G'chich_Tjik : I salute you Izrl_Tjik_Vrass, President for Life of House Tjik_Vrass !

atanakar

« Reply #33 on: April 30, 2008, 09:11:45 PM »
Okay, I've pretty much set the table for next part of my campaign. In the coming weeks I will be concentrating on the technical stuff and scenario writing.

atanakar

« Reply #34 on: April 30, 2008, 09:22:37 PM »
When Sh!t its the fan....

It would seem I wrote all this tread for nothing. My players don't want to play in the Future SF game shift. They prefered the Apocalypse setting. It is a great disappointement to me. I just wished they would've expressed themselves before I invested all this time and effort.

For the time being my campaign is shelved. I'm taking a break from GMing until the end of summer. I want to thank all of you who keeped coming back to this tread as the story developped. It gives me comfort to think that at least you appreciated the hard work.

Atanakar
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:28:50 PM by atanakar »

atanakar

« Reply #35 on: April 30, 2008, 09:26:43 PM »
Light at the end of the tunnel

All is not lost. Two players out of four have decided to play the campaign. Each player will be responsible for two characters. Since the personality of each character is well set things should go well.

Expect new posts soon  ::) ;)

Atanakar
« Last Edit: April 30, 2008, 09:28:15 PM by atanakar »

atanakar

« Reply #36 on: July 01, 2008, 09:20:57 AM »
Two new players have joined our D&D 4E group. We may be able to play a Modern game with 4 players before long.

atanakar

« Reply #37 on: September 12, 2008, 09:40:22 PM »
After three years of hard negotiations at the Galactic Concord (Star*Drive) the Fraals have finally convinced the council that a special military force must be sent to Earth to put an end to the conflict. A truce is signed with the Kinori.

What Next?Characters
------------------------------------------------------------------