Author Topic: Need DM/Players for Low-Level, Low Magic Campaign  (Read 9164 times)

Mixster

• Grape ape
Re: Need DM/Players for Low-Level, Low Magic Campaign
« Reply #60 on: November 19, 2010, 10:42:56 AM »
What is the maximum level of spell you can cast with the spellcasting feat? Can only channelers cast spells above level 1?

EDIT: Ah I see it now. I don't think this system makes for that low-magic, with two feats you can use an entire school, which is decent for non-casters IMO. However, since spells cost XP to learn, most would probably only know a few, which would be quite cool to me.

The thing that keeps it low magic is the spell energy....
A character only haves his casting modifier amount for spell energy....
So for example even a 20 level rogue with intelligence 18 and the magecraft and spellcasting featswould only be able to cast 4 levels of spell per day...

Ah yeah ok. I can see that.

That will make it pretty low magic. Cool!
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

VantoN

• Noob
    • Email
« Reply #61 on: November 21, 2010, 12:12:57 AM »
You can count me in for the campaing. I have already talk about it with betrayor.. Looking forward to start.!

konner09

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #62 on: November 21, 2010, 12:45:15 AM »
Im up for it
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

I became insane, with long intervals of horrible sanity. - edgar allen poe

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #63 on: November 22, 2010, 04:39:13 PM »
So where are we at on this? I see we have a DM and a few players but nothing very steadfast in the way of creation rules or character concepts yet. I'm not sure how much we should know about each other's characters, but if we put up our sheets in the game thread it is just a gentleman's agreement to not look at them anyway.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

konner09

• Email
« Reply #64 on: November 22, 2010, 08:01:36 PM »
The adventure charectors go in one place and the patron goe straight to the DM

SO the other adventures can see their "Comrades" but patrons are invisible
[spoiler] Every generation has a teen heartthrob made for 16 and Tiger Beet magazine.

You can go back many years and there was a guy named Donny Osmond who probably every male teenager wanted to kick the crap out of. Leif Garrett, David Cassidy, The Mmm Bop kids, Justin timberlake, on and on.

This Bieber kid is just another of many over-hyped kids created? by the music machine geniuses to give them someone to grace the covers of 16 magazine and to get little teen girls excited. Random Youtuber [/spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #65 on: November 23, 2010, 08:58:57 PM »
Is the forum up yet?

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

konner09

• Email
« Reply #66 on: November 24, 2010, 02:24:41 AM »
if so what isthename

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #67 on: November 24, 2010, 11:43:23 AM »
I doubt that the request has been made for it and we still don't have character creation rules, such as point buy, allowed books, etc...
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #68 on: November 24, 2010, 02:26:33 PM »
Sio guys,I just learned that I am gonna be conscripted sometime in the next two months so If I create this I will have to leave pretty soon....
If you still want to do it it is fine by me but I will have to stop posting for a long time (8 months)....

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #69 on: November 24, 2010, 02:36:26 PM »
That is interesting. I didn't know any countries outside of Israel still did forced military service other than during war time. I'm guessing unless you live is South Korea there isn't much chance of war either.

I'm ok with not getting it started since 2 months in a blink of an eye for a PbP. I wish you the best of luck.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #70 on: November 24, 2010, 02:39:02 PM »
Oh many european countries still have forced military service.....
I am from Greece and every male has to serve here .....

konner09

• Email
« Reply #71 on: November 24, 2010, 03:52:15 PM »
I am fine if you disapear for 8 months

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #72 on: November 25, 2010, 09:58:09 AM »
That is interesting. I didn't know any countries outside of Israel still did forced military service other than during war time. I'm guessing unless you live is South Korea there isn't much chance of war either.

I'm ok with not getting it started since 2 months in a blink of an eye for a PbP. I wish you the best of luck.

Huh, Denmark has as well :)

Anyway, I'm fine with starting it and letting it wait 8 months or however often you can access the internet while in the army.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out