Author Topic: [Pathfinder] small cavalier build  (Read 6904 times)

samurisoul77

• Monkey bussiness
[Pathfinder] small cavalier build
« on: October 13, 2010, 10:39:28 AM »
Hello everyone. I am building a 3rd level cavalier in a new group in a few days and i just wanted some help on the build. I wanted a small one for dungeon crawls but i am starting to realy like the idea of role playing it as well. i am thinking gnome or halfling with a wolf companion. I would like to use a lance but i dont know how optimal it will be because of reach and the wolves attack.(i would have to 5ft step during melee and wolf could not attack when i charge) Any help at all would be appreciated I have access to pretty much all pathfinder books and im not sure what the stats will be yet . thanx alot everyone.

juton

• King Kong
  • Jack of all trades, master of nothing.
    • Email
Re: [Pathfinder] small cavalier build
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2010, 05:40:55 PM »
I have a halfling Paladin on backup, so a small mounted character can work. Whether you use a lance or not depends on your strength and over all to-hit. If you get stuck with a weaker character, being one of 13 strength or lower, then letting your wolf attack and possibly trip an opponent is very important. If you have decent strength then picking up spirited charger can let you do decent damage for your level.

samurisoul77

• Monkey bussiness
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2010, 08:53:00 PM »
Thanx alot. Any idea for the order. Also I am torn between halfing and gnome.

juton

• King Kong
  • Jack of all trades, master of nothing.
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2010, 09:15:16 PM »
The real difference between Gnome and Halfling is whether you want +2 to dex or con, since pathfinder made the change that your armour check penalty affects use of the Ride skill I'd recommend Halfling. Since you can be mounted anytime your comrades are standing, the most synergistic order is the Order of the Sword. The Order the Shield has the best 15th level ability though, it lets you move and attack as an immediate action.