Author Topic: Help with optimized Paladin Smiting.  (Read 10765 times)

Waazraath

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
Re: Help with optimized Paladin Smiting.
« Reply #20 on: October 15, 2010, 01:59:35 PM »
Found another spell.  Devastating Smite from The Forge of War Eberron supplement. 
1st level Paladin/Cleric/Blackguard spell that doubles the extra damage from your smite.  1 round duration or until discharged.

Unfortunately it's a swift action and Rhino's Rush is probably better overall.  Unless you can get a cleric to cast it on you, or you can get more swift actions.

Ruby knight vindicator? Or DMM persist, a pally can use that as well  :D

Waazraath

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #21 on: October 15, 2010, 09:29:18 PM »
Mhhh, thinking about it: aren't there any builds using charging smite with a mount? Of course charging smite an ACF that replaces the mount, but it's possible to use it with a cohort serving as mount, a normal mount, a phantom steeds or one of the plenty of prestige classes that give access to a special mount. Charging smite does x3 smite damage... at level 20, that's 60 damage. With spirited charge, 180, with rhino rush, riding boots and a valorous weapon, that's 360 damage.... from just the smite!

Add the usual stuff, strength bonus, divine might, full power attack (with find the gap or wraithstrike), etc also all times 6....  :love

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
« Reply #22 on: October 15, 2010, 10:14:10 PM »
OK, now all that's needed is a way to diversify your smiting. Preferably sans Greyguard, because I like challenges.

So, an Azurin Paladin 2/ Cleric 1/Paladin+2/Ranger 1/Paladin+1/Ranger +6/Triadic Knight 7 with the following:
Demon Bloodline (Bought off)
Charging Smite ACF and one of the ACFs that replaces Turn Undead.
Domains: War and Destruction.

Feats include Awesome Smite, Devoted Tracker, Improved Smiting, Wise to your Ways, and one of those 3 Initiate Feats

You get:

3 Different Smites (Smite Evil as a 22rd level Paladin, Smite Good as a 23rd level Blackguard, Smite Anything as a 4th Level Cleric)

10th Level Paladin casting (whadya know, most of the useful spells for smiting are 1st/2nd level spells...), 7th level Ranger Casting, and 1st level Cleric casting. Caster levels of 6, 4, and 4 respectively.

You have an Animal Companion as a 12th level Druid and due to the wording of Devoted Tracker, that AC also has Mount benefits as a Paladin 15.

Power Attack for free.

2 Favored Enemies (I suggest Arcanists and one other group you fight often.) You get to add your Favored Enemy bonus to saves against any ex, sp, or su ability they use against you. Arcanist was suggested so that you get a +4 on your save DCs vs. spells.

Triple Smiting. Including possible combo smiting (for example, throwing both a Smite Evil and a Smite Good on there to test for alignments. Nonlethal, of course.)

Gains bonus Smites based off of essentia invested. He has what, 3 essentia?

Naturally has the following with any of his smites:
-+1d6+3 damage
-Bypasses Cha*2 DR
-Bypasses Miss Chance
-Free trip attack
-Weapon takes on an Alignment Subtype: Smite Evil=Good, Smite Good=Evil, Smite (Destruction)=Any.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing