Author Topic: Attention Prime32  (Read 1425 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Attention Prime32
« on: October 12, 2010, 02:26:51 AM »
Does this artwork strike you as familiar?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

If you don't recognize it, I don't blame you. Its from the second Dungeons and Dames thread on GiantITP.

That ad is for Evony. I have no clue who the artist of that image is, but I'm 90% sure Evony didn't get permission to use that art. If so, someone needs to contact the original artist. I'm pointing this out to you specifically because you are able to access GiantITP, which means you can possibly find the person who originally posted that in the D&D thread (who can provide artist information).

And yes, I know I'm 10 months behind on this. More evidence for the courts never hurt.
« Last Edit: October 12, 2010, 02:39:18 AM by Sinfire Titan »

[spoiler][/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
Re: Attention Prime32
« Reply #1 on: October 12, 2010, 11:43:59 PM »
That thread is 50 pages long... >_>
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Dictum Mortuum

• Hong Kong
  • always female suspects
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: October 18, 2010, 09:24:07 PM »
What courts :p?
Dictum Mortuum's Handbooks: My personal character optimization blog.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2010, 12:54:11 AM »

According to some reliable sources, the company that owns Evony is going to court against at least one person for stealing artwork.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

skydragonknight

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #4 on: October 19, 2010, 12:59:37 AM »

According to some reliable sources, the company that owns Evony is going to court against at least one person for stealing artwork.

Copyright belongs to the individual artists the instant they make the art. Unless they have documents saying they purchased exclusive rights from said artists, they have no case.
It always seems like the barrels around here have something in them.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 19, 2010, 10:51:06 AM »

Copyright belongs to the individual artists the instant they make the art. Unless they have documents saying they purchased exclusive rights from said artists, they have no case.

Consider this:

For several years the company claimed they had somewhere between twenty and thirty employees - until they sued Bruce Everiss. Australian law prohibits a company with more than five employees from filing a libel lawsuit, so they deleted all mention of 'over twenty employees' and claimed - in fact, continue to claim - that they have never employed more than five people.

The odds of them winning a lawsuit are incredibly low if anyone actually does a little research on them.

[spoiler][/spoiler]