Author Topic: Favorite Silly Builds/Tactics  (Read 8363 times)

Grim Sage

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
Re: Favorite Silly Builds/Tactics
« Reply #40 on: October 14, 2010, 05:29:42 AM »
I'm working on a build for a one-shot campaign which grabs a Terlen (from Fiend Folio) using either Zhentarim Skymage or Improved Familiar and Alter Self, equipping it with a wand of Scorching Ray.

I think we can add sharks with frickin' laser beams attached to their heads to the list of animal-based builds...

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #41 on: October 14, 2010, 12:44:56 PM »
Speaking of sharks, remember that the only bones in a shark's body are the jaws (contrary to popular belief, this is actually bone).

Shark skeletons, anyone?
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: October 14, 2010, 01:43:38 PM »
Speaking of sharks, remember that the only bones in a shark's body are the jaws (contrary to popular belief, this is actually bone).

Shark skeletons, anyone?
Needs to fly somehow.... flying jaws....

strider24seven

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #43 on: October 14, 2010, 02:07:29 PM »
A Skeleton Shark Kensai, enchanting his bite with the Throwing property.  Returning is optional.

You know have a shark jaw that hurls himself at his enemies, giving himself an extra 10ft of movement (more with feats that increase throwing distance). 

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #44 on: October 14, 2010, 02:38:01 PM »
A Skeleton Shark Kensai, enchanting his bite with the Throwing property.  Returning is optional.

You know have a shark jaw that hurls himself at his enemies, giving himself an extra 10ft of movement (more with feats that increase throwing distance). 
Or he can take a penalty and throw himself up to 50ft.

What do you know?  Far Shot is a mobility enhancer for him :p
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Archmage Joda

• Bi-Curious George
  • Parenchaaaaaaaaaannn!!!
    • Email
« Reply #45 on: October 14, 2010, 03:33:08 PM »
I don't remember much of the particulars, but I do like that one build back on 339 that could steal his own pants without noticing (in fact, my next character will definitely be based around this concept, coupled with diplomancy, to steal people's pants to make them love me)
"My advanced brain is far too meaty to be swayed. Plus, it's practically dripping with genius sauce made from a special recipe of 11 herbs and spices" - Black Mage

MalcolmSprye

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2010, 04:22:24 PM »
I seem to remember a friend of mine riffing on the phrase "more fun than a barrel of monkeys", and coming up with a character (druid possibly), with a barrel full of monkeys with keen, vorpal, kukris.  Not sure if you were supposed to throw the barrel, shove people inside it, or what.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: October 14, 2010, 07:55:34 PM »

Or he can take a penalty and throw himself up to 50ft.

What do you know?  Far Shot is a mobility enhancer for him :p
Now see what Mr. Monk does when he does this to himself and flurries. A monk's entire body is a weapon, after all...

Also, a bard/crusader//psiwar build that uses summon instrument to pull in a bard, and soulbound weapon to pull in a monk...
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

strider24seven

« Reply #48 on: October 14, 2010, 08:47:41 PM »

Random guy: "What instrument do you play?"
Me:  "I play the BARD!"

I think the foldable monk has to be mentioned now. 

Monk 10/Kensai 10 is actually a pretty funny build.  Sizing is a great enhancement.  Put the two together.  Fold your monk and put him in your pocket.  Disguise him as a briefcase.  Shrink him, shove him down your enemies throats and expand him to Colossal size.  Give him Metalline and the enhancement that lets you change damage type.  I have a Colossal Adamantine Slashing Monk!

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #49 on: October 14, 2010, 08:56:45 PM »
Ok, someone has to do it, so I suppose I'll say it since we've arrived at the Monk/Kensai shenanigans.

Flaming Meatspear.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

strider24seven

« Reply #50 on: October 15, 2010, 11:27:36 PM »
Ok, someone has to do it, so I suppose I'll say it since we've arrived at the Monk/Kensai shenanigans.

Flaming Meatspear.

Be a Woodling creature and have a Druid cast "Harden Wood" on you.  Have lolz.  What is the "somatic" component for this spell, anyway...  *wink, *wink...

nijineko

• King Kong
  • two strange quarks short of a graviton...
« Reply #51 on: October 16, 2010, 04:27:30 AM »
favorite silly build?

artificer 5, arcane class 1, divine class 1. take the feat from dragon mag that allows you to combine your caster levels for purposes of crafting magic items. prereqs one arcane and one divine with a caster level of three or four each, iirc. take practiced caster twice, once for arcane, once for divine. presto, you are now crafting 15th level items at 7th level. oh, wait, 17th level if it is a scroll.
arukibito ga michi wo erabu no ka, michi ga arukibito wo erabu no deshou ka?
Never game alone again!
KadoKado! Game for gifts!
The Ultimate Dice Rolling Engine

Archmage Joda

• Bi-Curious George
  • Parenchaaaaaaaaaannn!!!
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: November 03, 2010, 07:55:36 PM »
By any chance would you happen to know which issue of Dragon that feat is in? 'Cuz that sounds like it's actually better for an artificer to take those dips than it is to go straight artificer....
"My advanced brain is far too meaty to be swayed. Plus, it's practically dripping with genius sauce made from a special recipe of 11 herbs and spices" - Black Mage

nijineko

• King Kong
« Reply #53 on: November 14, 2010, 02:56:31 AM »
ack... i'll dig around for the reference.
Never game alone again!

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: November 14, 2010, 03:50:32 PM »
1) Play a dvati factotum
2) Optimize sleight of hand
3) Continually hide yourself 10' away as a free action, stealing everything in sight.  Nobody can stop you.  If there's a door in the way, steal the hinges, the lock, the knob, the door, the wall, the building, the lease, the land rights, and the kingdom.
whats the dvati in?
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Havok4

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • It can only be attributable to human error.
« Reply #55 on: November 14, 2010, 04:08:42 PM »
1) Play a dvati factotum
2) Optimize sleight of hand
3) Continually hide yourself 10' away as a free action, stealing everything in sight.  Nobody can stop you.  If there's a door in the way, steal the hinges, the lock, the knob, the door, the wall, the building, the lease, the land rights, and the kingdom.
whats the dvati in?

Dragon Compendium.

altpersona

• Organ Grinder
  • BG forum Emperor Ad Litem
    • Altpersona.net
« Reply #56 on: November 14, 2010, 04:16:06 PM »
A Skeleton Shark Kensai, enchanting his bite with the Throwing property.  Returning is optional.

awakend or anthropamorphic shark

kensai / warlock (fell flight) / barbarian

rage / speed / flight / shark / kensai
The goal of power is power. - idk
We are not descended from fearful men. - Murrow

The Final Countdown is now stuck in your head.

Anim-manga sux.

nijineko

• King Kong
« Reply #57 on: November 14, 2010, 08:37:23 PM »
here's the reference:

http://community.wizards.com/go/thread/view/75882/19872682/3.5_9th_level_spells,_7th_level_character_-_Does_this_work?pg=1

the feat is
"Dragon Magazine 325, page 62"]Theurgic Creationist [General]
You can create items using the knowledge gained from all of your spellcasting classes.
Prerequisites: Any item creation feat, able to cast spells from two different spell lists.
Benefit: When acquiring item creation feats or when creating magic items, you can add together the caster levels of all your spellcasting classes to determine your caster level. For example, a 1st-level bard/1st-level cleric/3rd-level wizard could gain Craft Wand and create magic items as a 5th-level caster."

lucky me, i ran into the original guy who told me about it and he has it bookmarked. ^^ now saved.
Never game alone again!