Author Topic: Favorite Silly Builds/Tactics  (Read 8397 times)

ninjarabbit

• Hong Kong
    • Email
Re: Favorite Silly Builds/Tactics
« Reply #20 on: October 11, 2010, 07:58:06 PM »
Alienist summoning pseudonatural dire weasels.

The pseudonatural template grants true strike 1/day and dire weasels attach themselves to a foe on a sucessful hit and drain 1d4 con every round afterwards. Put 2 and 2 together.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #21 on: October 11, 2010, 08:21:28 PM »
Use cheese to gain the Distant Shot feat without prereqs. Throw enemies into the sun.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Caelic

• Hong Kong
« Reply #22 on: October 11, 2010, 08:29:05 PM »
Alienist summoning pseudonatural dire weasels.

The pseudonatural template grants true strike 1/day and dire weasels attach themselves to a foe on a sucessful hit and drain 1d4 con every round afterwards. Put 2 and 2 together.

That's not silly, that's the nuclear option.  We quite literally have a weapons ban on pseudonatural dire weasels in our campaign after the first time I summoned them--we don't use them against the DM, and he doesn't use them against us.

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #23 on: October 11, 2010, 10:12:32 PM »
Use Iron Heart Surge to remove the source of your problems from light sensitivity. BAM! You just IHS'd the sun out of existence.

Of course, it's just as likely that you'll just die.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #24 on: October 11, 2010, 10:13:28 PM »
Use cheese to gain the Distant Shot feat without prereqs. Throw enemies into the sun.

I lol'd
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2010, 12:08:56 AM »
Cluck-Fu Master was always a favorite of mine.  Who knew you could optomize both Commoner and Vow of Poverty in the same build?
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

KellKheraptis

• Organ Grinder
  • What's the matter? I thought you had me...
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2010, 12:43:28 AM »
Cluck-Fu Master was always a favorite of mine.  Who knew you could optomize both Commoner and Vow of Poverty in the same build?

Reminds you of the chickens from Legend of Zelda...the only thing you COULDN'T KILL in the entire game damn near.
BG's Resident Black Hatter
The Mango List Reborn!
My Warmage Trickery (coming soon!)
My PrC Pally Trickery (coming soon!)
The D&D Archive
-Work in progress!

strider24seven

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #27 on: October 12, 2010, 01:44:58 AM »
Let us not forget:
Ingredients:  Warforged, smattering of classes, a few feats, lots of time

Warforged Factotum 8/Psion (Shaper) 1/Marshal 1/Exemplar 5/Zhentarim Spy 5

Your skill of choice is...
Craft (BASKETWEAVING!!!)

You can weave baskets non-stop as a Warforged, create the ingredients for a basket through Psionic Minor Creation, add Charisma to your basket-weaving skills, convert people to your cause through basketweaving, and even be a basketweaving spy through Zhent Spy!  Have an Ancestral Relic and/or Item familiar basket for the lolz. 

If you can get your Craft check to 320, then you can weave a basket in 1 full-round.  Weave them around your foes.  The possibilities are endless.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #28 on: October 12, 2010, 06:22:45 PM »
I want a kobold commoner who specializes in weasels. Regular weasels, swarms of weasels, dire weasels, dire weasel mobs, and pants weasels. Get that Handle Animal up, and watch their jaws (and if you make a high enough check, their pants) drop.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #29 on: October 12, 2010, 06:31:06 PM »
Blessed by Tem-Et-Nu.

/thread
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #30 on: October 12, 2010, 06:40:47 PM »
Blessed by Tem-Et-Nu.

/thread
Courtesy link
I seem to remember that the main trick was controlling heavily templated hippos, anthropomorphic hippos with class levels, and those guys from Spelljammer.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #31 on: October 12, 2010, 06:43:06 PM »
Give the hippos the obese trait, fill up a portable hole, and pull out an Operation Hippo Hop.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

strider24seven

« Reply #32 on: October 12, 2010, 07:14:15 PM »
Blessed by Tem-Et-Nu.

/thread
Courtesy link
I seem to remember that the main trick was controlling heavily templated hippos, anthropomorphic hippos with class levels, and those guys from Spelljammer.

Your link is broken.

So we have hippos and weasels, cats and bears.  What other animals can we add to our silly little circus?

Rebel7284

• Grape ape
« Reply #33 on: October 12, 2010, 07:27:52 PM »
Blessed by Tem-Et-Nu.

/thread
Courtesy link

Your link is broken.

So we have hippos and weasels, cats and bears.  What other animals can we add to our silly little circus?

Didn't we have toad optimization some time last week?

edit: and there is always the chicken infested flaw.
Negative level on a chicken would make it a wight the next day.  Chicken the other wight meat. -borg286

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: October 12, 2010, 09:12:48 PM »
Blessed by Tem-Et-Nu.

/thread
Courtesy link

Your link is broken.

So we have hippos and weasels, cats and bears.  What other animals can we add to our silly little circus?

Oh, yes. Exploding chickens. The other wight meat.

[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
[/spoiler]

strider24seven

« Reply #35 on: October 12, 2010, 09:16:33 PM »
Cats and Toads,
Hippos and Weasels,
Chickens and Bears,
Oh my!

My next submission:

Ingredients:  Psion (Kineticist optimal) with leadership and relevant craft skills, Warforged Warlock cohort (Adamantine body optional) with levels in Kensai, bag of holding, Control Body power, a thin slab of Riverine, a way to survive in a vacuum

1) Have the cohort enchant his fists with Throwing, Returning, and other relevant properties (Explosive, etc.)
2) Graft the Bag of Holding to the Warforged's face
3) Hop inside and attach the riverine in front of the hole of the bag of holding
4) Manifest Control Body on your cohort
5) Become Iron Man.  
6) ???
7) Profit!

You have a suit that can shoot lasers or his rocket fists.  Alternatively, enchant his slam attack with Throwing, but not Returning.  Kamikaze anyone?  Note that you can also launch missiles (psionic powers) from inside the suit if you have Transdimensional Power (Riverine is a force effect).  

For further fun, you can use Solicit Psicrystal with Control Body to turn your suit over to autopilot so you can blast with impunity.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #36 on: October 14, 2010, 12:32:37 AM »
Blessed by Tem-Et-Nu.

/thread
Courtesy link

Your link is broken.

Oh, yes. Exploding chickens. The other wight meat.
Someone brought up the Trouserfang Dwarf, too, which involves poisonous snakes.

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #37 on: October 14, 2010, 01:13:04 AM »
Blessed by Tem-Et-Nu.

/thread
Courtesy link

Your link is broken.

So we have hippos and weasels, cats and bears.  What other animals can we add to our silly little circus?

Yes, the Amphibian Paraplegic Assault Brigade.
It involved toads, magebred, the flaws slow and pathetic, along with shape soulmeld: dissolving spittle and some feat that grants a point of essentia.
I assume we used magebred for the +4 to Con to qualify for the feats.
The idea started here.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

Mushroom

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #38 on: October 14, 2010, 01:41:28 AM »
The idea started here.
That is so my next character...

strider24seven

« Reply #39 on: October 14, 2010, 03:32:17 AM »
The idea started here.
That is so my next character...

That idea is made of win. 
I nominate all of those involved to receive one internet apiece.