Author Topic: Bleakborn Contingent healing??  (Read 2396 times)

Sjappo

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Cheers
    • Email
Bleakborn Contingent healing??
« on: October 07, 2010, 07:01:38 PM »
I want to use the bleakborn (LM) in a game. One of it's abilities is Contingent healing 10. I'm not really sure what it does. Does this mean it heals max 10 HP/rnd from the heat-draining it does? I don't get it.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Bleakborn Contingent healing??
« Reply #1 on: October 07, 2010, 07:53:58 PM »
Can you give the exact text?

Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2010, 08:12:10 PM »
Think of it as fast healing that only functions when a creature is affected by its heat-draining aura.

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: October 07, 2010, 11:18:23 PM »
sounds interesting.. but i agree with the linguist. please post some related text
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2010, 11:22:10 PM »
Alright, here you go.

And for reference:
Heat-Draining Aura (Su): All living creatures (except those immune to cold damage) that approach within 30 feet of a bleakborn are subject to its heat-draining aura. Victims must make a DC 16 Fortitude save. If they fail, they take 2d6 hit points of cold damage per round as their living heat is sucked away, but if they succeed, they lose only 1d6 hit points per round that they remain in the radius. Should a bleakborn kill a humanoid creature with its heat-draining aura, the victim rises again as a bleakborn spawn. The save DC is Charisma-based.

Sjappo

• Cheers
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2010, 10:28:53 AM »
Alright, here you go.

And for reference:
Heat-Draining Aura (Su): All living creatures (except those immune to cold damage) that approach within 30 feet of a bleakborn are subject to its heat-draining aura. Victims must make a DC 16 Fortitude save. If they fail, they take 2d6 hit points of cold damage per round as their living heat is sucked away, but if they succeed, they lose only 1d6 hit points per round that they remain in the radius. Should a bleakborn kill a humanoid creature with its heat-draining aura, the victim rises again as a bleakborn spawn. The save DC is Charisma-based.
Thanx I'm AFB at the moment.

Sjappo

• Cheers
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2010, 07:05:06 PM »
Never mind, I resolved it. Session was last weekend so any input is to late anyway.

I ruled it would continue to heal until they a) moved out of range or b) try to dispose of it in an manner that I could approve off.

In the end they beat it down into negative HP, have it rise once, then beat it into negative again.
Then the tried to burn it (not very smart with a fire loving creature ;)) force Holy Water down its throat, beat it to -100 HP, behead it and dismember it. I ruled that it stopped healing right around then.