Author Topic: Expert vs Monk Challenge!  (Read 151707 times)

Sobolev

• Donkey Kong
Re: Expert vs Monk Challenge!
« Reply #120 on: October 06, 2010, 09:45:29 PM »
In a real game, I like X-Codes build quite a bit, and was basically what I was getting at, done better =P
Sha'ir Handbook
Binder Handbook

Quote from: Negative Zero on November 04, 2009, 02:16:14 AM
In my humble opinion, CO is haberdashery. Some say we're mad, but we can all agree we're hatters. Yes, we have potential to make very sophisticated hats, very fancy hats, be they dark or light. But the truth is that the color of the hat does not come from the group of us - our community doesn't directly produce hats. We simply give average head circumferences, list current fashion trends, and point out some shiny, obscure baubles to add to the latest hat line.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #121 on: May 25, 2011, 08:46:47 PM »
bump

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #122 on: May 25, 2011, 11:07:05 PM »
Bump? Lame.

*rolls humor check*

Result:
Monk wins. Why? Why the hell would you think he doesn't?
  • UMD/UPD with an expert?! Who the hell cares, the DCs are low enough you can cross class it as a monk.
  • Iaijitsu Shenanagins! Works with any weapon, did you know a Keosomethingerish spiked gauntlet is considered a weapon (thus can be 'drawn') and deals unarmed damage? Yeah monk gets the superior weapon dice there while still maintaining an x4 multiplier.
  • What? CC ranks missing out on maybe 1 fracking die of damage? Eat Snap Kick's double attack. Diplomacy for aided by Pelor! Again the DCs are super low, and it's a class skill. Moving on.
  • Rest is as retarded as you think. Monk exclusively has several things over the Expert. Improved Evasion, better saves, Wis to AC, immunity to disease/poison/aging, SR 30, immunity to humanoid only effects, and superior land speed even says the Monk is better and running the hell away from the wizard-summoned-dragon with better chances of living.
  • That's right, if the diplomacy check fails, the Monk can run the hell away AND probably has ranks in Hiding and Escape Artist. He can hide under a rock better than any so called 'expert'.
  • All else fails, Monk has Shadow Walk. Think 4th dimensionally when fleeing.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Solo

• Organ Grinder
  • Solo the Sorcelator, at your service
« Reply #123 on: May 25, 2011, 11:10:40 PM »
The 4th dimension is time.

"I am the Black Mage! I cast the spells that makes the peoples fall down!"

The Legend RPG, which I worked on and encourage you to read.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #124 on: May 25, 2011, 11:17:08 PM »
AKA, 'think slowly'?
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #125 on: May 26, 2011, 12:49:56 AM »
It's easier to move though the planes than time though. Time should be the 5th dimension, or maybe even the 6th.
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
[/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #126 on: May 26, 2011, 01:49:29 AM »
It's easier to move though the planes than time though. Time should be the 5th dimension, or maybe even the 6th.
facepalm.jpg

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #127 on: May 26, 2011, 02:32:34 AM »
facepalm.jpg
Oh come on, I seen my self saying something like that a mile away :p
[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #128 on: May 26, 2011, 02:56:45 AM »
But you're always moving through time.

Just in one direction.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #129 on: May 26, 2011, 01:40:26 PM »

Just in one direction.
Yeah but even an immobile stickman drawing moves though time like that. For some reason, science didn't say time was the 1st dimension. Probably due to the whole one way thing, so I'm sticking to my story of ease creates rank. :p

Confusing string theories aside for the laymen like me the probable dimensions are.
1: Width
2: Hight
3: Depth
4: Planar
5: Time
6: 4th Wall
It is a given that you can move freely back and forth though the first three dimensions. Within the Core books you are capable of moving though the 4th (plane shift, death + raise, even shadow walk) and with splat books and/or SRD you obtain the ability to move backwards though the fifth with some clever tricks. And lastly, 3rd party books allow you to freely travel though the 6th, for example like reaching over and stealing the skill ranks off another player's character sheet per a feat in Munchkin d20. It should be noted there is an undefined subatomic energy referred to as he great DM Permission that must be dealt with prior to 6th dimensional movement, one noted way of doing such is to first break the barrier to obtain a "twenty dollar bill", then offer it up as a sacrifice for continuing to do so. It it unknown how often this item appears as a reward for a task, legend has it the barrier must be some form of a parter with you to begin with.
[/spoiler]

Midnight_v

• Organ Grinder
  • Dulce et decorum est pro alea mori.
« Reply #130 on: May 26, 2011, 05:17:17 PM »
7.Willful ignorance.

I can't personally get to that dimension.  I get stuck at time, how ince for you monk lovers  :fu
\\\"Disentegrate.\\\" \\\"Gust of wind.\\\" \\\"Now Can we PLEASE resume saving the world?\\\"

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #131 on: May 26, 2011, 05:42:54 PM »

Just in one direction.
Yeah but even an immobile stickman drawing moves though time like that. For some reason, science didn't say time was the 1st dimension. Probably due to the whole one way thing, so I'm sticking to my story of ease creates rank. :p
No, the dimensions are ordered by complexity. A 0-dimensional item is a dot with radius zero, the most simple thing that could possibly exist. A one-dimensional item is a line, a row of infinitely many such dots. A two-dimensional item is a plane, a collection of infinitely many lines. A three-dimensional item is a body, a collection of infinitely many planes. With each step up, it gets more complicated, and we're not even at time yet.

It is a given that you can move freely back and forth though the first three dimensions.
What. :psyduck
Please tell me how you accomplish moving from the third dimension into the second and back, because I'd like to be able to become an infinitely thin plane at will too.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #132 on: May 26, 2011, 07:18:34 PM »
It is a given that you can move freely back and forth though the first three dimensions.
Please tell me how you accomplish moving from the third dimension into the second and back, because I'd like to be able to become an infinitely thin plane at will too.
I know it's possible.  Just look at professional models.

awaken DM golem

• Organ Grinder
  • PAO'd my Avatar
« Reply #133 on: May 26, 2011, 09:58:39 PM »
... or Sarah Palin.

Lycanthromancer

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #134 on: May 27, 2011, 05:14:09 PM »
8. Knurd.
[spoiler]Masculine men like masculine things. Masculine men are masculine. Therefore, liking masculine men is masculine.

I dare anyone to find a hole in that logic.
[spoiler]
+1 Lycanthromancer
Which book is Lycanthromancer in?
Lyca ... is in the book. Yes he is.
 :D
shit.. concerning psionics optimization, lycan IS the book
[/spoiler]

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #135 on: May 27, 2011, 06:53:57 PM »

Actually this statement makes sense. You move through them by, well, moving. If you change an object's x coordinate, you are moving through the dimension x measures. Dimensions aren't places (you don't move "to" the 2nd dimension, because it isn't a location). He didn't say you can move between dimensions or anything.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #136 on: May 28, 2011, 04:02:13 AM »
I think the key word there is 'through' as opposed to 'within'. The former implies you're changing dimensional axis, the latter that you're moving within all those axes.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #137 on: May 28, 2011, 07:18:43 AM »
I think the key word there is 'through' as opposed to 'within'. The former implies you're changing dimensional axis, the latter that you're moving within all those axes.
Yeah. Although X-Codes does make a good point.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Bauglir

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • TriOptimum
« Reply #138 on: May 28, 2011, 12:32:41 PM »

Honestly, it doesn't imply that to me. "Moving through the 4th dimension" has always implied time travel, for instance. That said, X-codes does bring up the fact that all professional models have clearly encountered an irritated PsyWar who knew Dimension Twister.
So you end up stuck in an endless loop, unable to act, forever.

In retrospect, much like Keanu Reeves.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
« Reply #139 on: May 28, 2011, 01:04:04 PM »
For the record, the only guy I know that moves though the dimensions like Agita mentioned is coming over to fix a leak in my fungi storage.
[/spoiler]