Author Topic: Additional SSB Brawl characters - submit yours!  (Read 6559 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Additional SSB Brawl characters - submit yours!
« on: April 30, 2008, 07:33:17 PM »
There's plenty of characters people would have like to see in Super Smash Brothers Brawl, but how would they be implemented? here are some examples:

Ichigo Kurosaki

Base character: Ike

Attack changes
Neutral+B: Getsuga Tenshou (Samus neutral+B)
Up+B: Flash Step (Mewtwo up+B)

Final Smash: Bankai
Ichigo's speed increases to Sonic's level, and his attack rate is similarly increased. Flash Step now damages enemies in its path. Ichigo's neutral aerial attack changes animation (flurry of slashes in all directions) and can be held indefinitely. Unlike most transformational Final Smashes, Ichigo is not invulnerable in this form, though it lasts longer than most such abilities.

Nightmare

Base character: Bowser

Attack changes
Neutral+B: Earth Divider (Roy Neutral+B)
Side+B: (Ice Climbers Side+B)
Up+B: Soul Charge (DK Neutral+B)
Down+B: Counter (Marth Down+B)

Final Smash: Night Terror
Nightmare doubles in size and gains the ability to glide. His Down+B move changes to a laser.

Shadow

Base character: Sonic

Attack changes
Side+B: Chaos Spear (Sheik Neutral+B)
Up+B: Chaos Control (Mewtwo Up+B)

Speed reduced to Fox's level. Jumping ability reduced, but can float like Peach. Has slightly more power and less traction.

Crono

Base character: Link

Attack changes
Side+B: Confuse (Marth Side+B)
Neutral+B: Spincut (Kirby Up+B)
Down+B: Lightning (Pikachu Down+B)

Floatier than Link

Final Smash: Luminaire
Similar to Samus's Zero Laser, but affects a sphere around Crono
« Last Edit: May 17, 2008, 07:17:32 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Meg

• Message Board Extraordinaire
  • Brilliant Gameologist
  • Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Are you rapier than me?
    • Brilliant Gameologists
    • Email
Re: Additional SSB Brawl characters - submit yours!
« Reply #1 on: April 30, 2008, 11:21:04 PM »
I want to fight Lincoln and Ghandi. 

Cool idea though!  I've got to think of mine...
All of my updates are on twitter! 

This is my angry voice.  Text written in red, by me, is  an official moderator "suggestion"

Want to meet me or the other Gameologists?  Check out where we'll be on the Conventions, Meetups and Events board!

AlterFrom

• Donkey Kong
  • Super Special Awesome
« Reply #2 on: May 17, 2008, 01:18:35 AM »
Isaac

Up-B: Flint Isaac summons the earth djinni Flint, flying up, then falling rapidly. He rises approximately 3 character heights in .5 seconds, then descends at the same speed. His maximum vertical deflection is to 45 degrees. Traps the first person it connects with until it hits a surface. 5% on the first hit going up, 5% from a sword flip at the peak of the move, 10% on contacting the ground. Fast.
Side-B: Spire Isaac summons clay stalactites over the heads of his foes. Summons 3 stalactites, which hit at 1 character width away from him each. 7% per spire. Average speed.
Down-B: Quake Isaac casts the standard psynergy of a Venus Adept, quake. Charge move. 3 seconds for full charge. 1st level is quake, one character width either direction of Isaac quickly rises up then down, 4%, high vertical knockback. 2nd level is Earthquake, two character widths worth of ground rise up, like the psynergy, 6%, high vertical knockback. 3rd level is Quake Sphere, three widths of character space, 8%, high knockback in a diagonal direction. Isaac rises with the central space of ground each time. No effect in the air. About as fast as a rolldodge
Neutral-B: "Attack" Isaac makes a slight leap forward, swinging his sword like SSBM Marth's B-move. 7%. Low knockback. Very fast.

A moves: (Isaac's blade does not sweetspot)
Up: Isaac swings his blade overhead in a simple arc. 6%. Quick.
Side: Isaac swings his blade down from overhead in a simple arc. 5%. Quick. At full charge, a slight howl can be heard, and the sword gains a trail in the air.
Down: Isaac sweeps his blade in front of him. 4%. Increases trip probability of target. Quick.
A: Isaac sweeps his blade side to side in front of him, one time across. 4%. Quick.
AAA: Isaac performs his A move twice, once each direction, finishing with a diagonal slash, which deals 7% with moderate knockback.
Nair: Isaac performs his A move in the air.
Fair: Isaac performs his Side-A in the air.
Uair: Isaac performs a sword swipe above his head, exactly like Marth's Uair.
Dair: Isaac summons a spire (like his Side-B), and rides it down. Similar to Toon Link's Dair, but will auto-cancel after about 6 character heights. After canceling, Isaac has no double-jump and no Up-B available. Meteor Smashes at the very beginning and very end of the move, for 12%. 5% otherwise, with little knockback.

Final Smash:
Megiddo
Text appears on screen claiming "Isaac's Sol Blade lets out a howl! Megiddo!"
After the standard zoom in and flash, Isaac rises up offscreen. If one looks closely, they can make out that in the "offscreen" bubble, Isaac is riding down a meteor, as in the game.
Isaac crashes down to the stage again, dealing massive (25%+) damage and knockback to all those in a meteor-sized and -shaped area where he activated the FS.
Siggy
[spoiler]TIRED OF TRYING TO MANAGE FILES ACROSS SEVERAL COMPUTERS? GET DROPBOX AND SIMPLIFY THE PROCESS!

xkcd. It Rocks.

Tick, tock, Tick, tock...

FYI: I lose a couple years off my life anytime I see I have a PM.

We're ALL rules lawyers here. The BEST at what we do, too. It's like a Tom Grisham novel in which everybody at the top law firm is a dirty crook, but they all know the rules so well that TECHNICALLY speaking, they aren't breaking them...:eh

[/spoiler]

AfterCrescent

• Honorary Moderator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Here After
« Reply #3 on: May 17, 2008, 06:46:34 AM »
I think Peach's horizontal aerial maneuverability mixed with most of sonic's moves would have made a great knuckles.  Always preferred him to Sonic anyways.
The cake is a lie.
Need to play table top? Get your game on at:
Brilliant Gameologists' PbP Forum. Do it, you know you want to.
The 3.5 Cleric Handbook
The 13th Guard - An alternate history campaign idea.
Clerics just wake up one morning and decide they need to kick ass, and it needs to be kicked NOW. ~veekie

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #4 on: May 20, 2008, 10:52:27 AM »
Isaac

Up-B: Flint Isaac summons the earth djinni Flint, flying up, then falling rapidly. He rises approximately 3 character heights in .5 seconds, then descends at the same speed. His maximum vertical deflection is to 45 degrees. Traps the first person it connects with until it hits a surface. 5% on the first hit going up, 5% from a sword flip at the peak of the move, 10% on contacting the ground. Fast.
Side-B: Spire Isaac summons clay stalactites over the heads of his foes. Summons 3 stalactites, which hit at 1 character width away from him each. 7% per spire. Average speed.
Down-B: Quake Isaac casts the standard psynergy of a Venus Adept, quake. Charge move. 3 seconds for full charge. 1st level is quake, one character width either direction of Isaac quickly rises up then down, 4%, high vertical knockback. 2nd level is Earthquake, two character widths worth of ground rise up, like the psynergy, 6%, high vertical knockback. 3rd level is Quake Sphere, three widths of character space, 8%, high knockback in a diagonal direction. Isaac rises with the central space of ground each time. No effect in the air. About as fast as a rolldodge
Neutral-B: "Attack" Isaac makes a slight leap forward, swinging his sword like SSBM Marth's B-move. 7%. Low knockback. Very fast.

A moves: (Isaac's blade does not sweetspot)
Up: Isaac swings his blade overhead in a simple arc. 6%. Quick.
Side: Isaac swings his blade down from overhead in a simple arc. 5%. Quick. At full charge, a slight howl can be heard, and the sword gains a trail in the air.
Down: Isaac sweeps his blade in front of him. 4%. Increases trip probability of target. Quick.
A: Isaac sweeps his blade side to side in front of him, one time across. 4%. Quick.
AAA: Isaac performs his A move twice, once each direction, finishing with a diagonal slash, which deals 7% with moderate knockback.
Nair: Isaac performs his A move in the air.
Fair: Isaac performs his Side-A in the air.
Uair: Isaac performs a sword swipe above his head, exactly like Marth's Uair.
Dair: Isaac summons a spire (like his Side-B), and rides it down. Similar to Toon Link's Dair, but will auto-cancel after about 6 character heights. After canceling, Isaac has no double-jump and no Up-B available. Meteor Smashes at the very beginning and very end of the move, for 12%. 5% otherwise, with little knockback.

Final Smash:
Megiddo
Text appears on screen claiming "Isaac's Sol Blade lets out a howl! Megiddo!"
After the standard zoom in and flash, Isaac rises up offscreen. If one looks closely, they can make out that in the "offscreen" bubble, Isaac is riding down a meteor, as in the game.
Isaac crashes down to the stage again, dealing massive (25%+) damage and knockback to all those in a meteor-sized and -shaped area where he activated the FS.
A weaker version of Megiddo could work as an Up+B move (jump up, then fire a meteor diagonally downwards). You need a truly crazy Final Smash for a Golden Sun character, like this (big explosion) or this (vertical shafts of light appear in random positions and Meteor Smash anyone they touch). And why should Captain Falcon be the only one with a "cinematic" Smash?

(Note: I haven't played GS, but I have seen videos)
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 21, 2008, 11:37:10 PM »
Katja Gerber (Based on the PKMN Trainer)
Everyone from Guilty Gear Accent Core (with their own moves too)
Vyse Dyne (based on Marth, but with two swords)
Akia (A psuedo-Samus/Link hybrid)
Fina (Zelda sans Sheik)
Gilder (Fox)
Paistol (Link on freaking crack)

I have more, but those are the ones I want most. And every one of them is from a game Nintendo has produced.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Tevish Szat

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • Dark Lord
« Reply #6 on: May 23, 2008, 12:45:00 AM »
Fina (Zelda sans Sheik)
Gilder (Fox)

I have more, but those are the ones I want most. And every one of them is from a game Nintendo has produced.
for the Skies of Arcadia characters, Final Smashes are their highest level S-moves?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 24, 2008, 05:38:32 PM »
Fina (Zelda sans Sheik)
Gilder (Fox)

for the Skies of Arcadia characters, Final Smashes are their highest level S-moves?

Yes, more or less. Fina's would probably be the Lunar Glyph though, as most of her attacks would be her spells.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #8 on: July 01, 2008, 07:26:02 PM »
*Bump* (This thread should probably be moved to the sub-forum now)

Ganondorf (Alternate)

Base character: Link

Attack changes
Neutral+B: Power Bolt (As Pit's Neutral+B. Ganondorf can charge this move to produce a large blast, but the charging leaves him vulnerable and cannot be stopped (similar to Warlock Punch), and the resulting projectile is slow)
Up+B: Leap (Similar to Kirby's Up+B. Ganondorf jumps a great distance vertically, and a moderate distance forward, inflicting minor damage to enemies in his path)
Side+B: Mule Kick (As Jigglypuff's Side+B, has maximum priority and can break shields)
Down+B: Counter (weak and requires good timing, but affects all types of attacks)

Ganondorf falls slowly, but does not possess potent aerial attacks.

Final Smash: Ganon
Similar to Bowser's Final Smash, but Ganondorf loses his special attacks and the duration is longer.

Blaziken

Base character: Lucario

Attack changes
Neutral+B: Mirror Move (Blaziken "scans" an enemy in front of it, gaining the benefits of Kirby's Neutral+B.)
Up+B: Sky Uppercut (Blaziken jumps straight up, stopping if it strikes an enemy. This attack has great knockback)
Down+B: Blaze Kick (similar to Ike's Neutral+B, strikes below and to the side)
Side+B: Aerial Ace (Fox/Falco's Side+B)

Blaziken's attacks are faster but weaker than Lucario's, and many can score successive hits.

Final Smash: Blaze
For a short time, Blaziken becomes invincible, receives a boost to attack power, and enemies who touch it are burned.
My work

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #9 on: July 09, 2008, 07:04:12 AM »
Ash, because Pokemon Trainer is f-ing r-tarded.  It's not that Ash isn't r-tarded, but Pokemon Trainer is worse no matter how you compare the two.

Cyrocloud

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 09, 2008, 11:33:39 PM »
If Sora(Kingdom Hearts) was in it I'm not sure if I would ever play another game ever again, except maybe KH3.

Sora would probably be a mix of kid link and Ike with a Final smash of fuseing with donald and goofy into your final form, it would probably be like Sonics final smash.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #11 on: July 11, 2008, 12:13:26 PM »
Drizzt NO, NO, NO...

I can't believe I'm about to say this, but how about Neku Sakuraba? Pin psychs for normal and special moves, and a Fusion for the FS? Or maybe you'd wind up with an Ice Climber type deal involving Neku and his partner.

Failing that, Rincewind.

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #12 on: July 11, 2008, 10:43:18 PM »
Megaman
Stats can be roughly based off Marios but a little heavier and shorter jumps.
B: Samus's B - like move, only weaker and you have to hold the button. You can walk around while charging though.
Up+B: Shouken, the flaming uppercut of awesomness from capcom.
Forward+B: Random move picked from a list 8 long. all of which are found as well known boss weapons.
Down+B: Power Slide.
Final Smash: Megaman/Rush fusion granting rapid fire full charge shots and invincibility. Beat will also help prevent you from falling off the stage while this power up lasts.

Megaman so needs to be put into the game.

Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #13 on: July 12, 2008, 10:37:31 AM »
Final Smash: Megaman/Rush fusion granting rapid fire full charge shots and invincibility. Beat will also help prevent you from falling off the stage while this power up lasts.

Like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtxIdsZDYTA
(It's a MUGEN video, but the sprites are from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - watch the whole thing)
My work

Archmage Joda

• Bi-Curious George
  • Parenchaaaaaaaaaannn!!!
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2008, 07:26:22 PM »
Magus (a.k.a. Janus)

Up + B: probably a simple teleport move
Down + B:Barrier Change: Absorbs projectile moves and heals Magus, like Ness' down+b, and changes B+Forward element
B: Dark Bomb: Chargeable projectile similar to Mewtwo's Shadow Ball, but also damages multiple enemies if they're close enough together
B+Forward: Ice 2/Fire 2/Lightning 2: Elemental projectile based upon which barrier he has currently, Ice 2 potentially freezes, Fire 2 is similar to Ness' PK Fire, and Lightning 2 strikes enemies in a small radius around Magus

Final Smash: Dark Matter: Magus' Most powerful spell, Engulfs the screen in dark energy greatly damaging all enemies.

Also, Kefka, but I don't know what his move set would be, except his final smash would be either Ultima, or transform into his seraph form from the final boss battle of FF6.
"My advanced brain is far too meaty to be swayed. Plus, it's practically dripping with genius sauce made from a special recipe of 11 herbs and spices" - Black Mage

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #15 on: July 21, 2008, 05:31:53 PM »
Like this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gtxIdsZDYTA
(It's a MUGEN video, but the sprites are from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 - watch the whole thing)
No, more like some megaman/rush combination that showed up in the megaman games.
Maybe a combining the punch and fly upgrades from megaman 6 (is that the number I want?).

Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2008, 03:40:52 PM »
Naruto Uzemaki

Base character: Mario

Attack changes
Neutral+B: Rasengan (Charges a ball of light in his hand which can be released like DK's Neutral+B)
Up+B: Substitution Jutsu (As Sheik's Up+B)
Side+B: Kunai (Throws a kunai at the opponent, similar to Link's Neutral+B)
Down+B: Shadow Clone Jutsu (Summons two duplicates of Naruto which follow him)

Naruto's shadow clones aid him in his attacks, similarly to the Ice Climbers, though they are as vulnerable to attack as Olimar's Pikmin. When Naruto uses his Up-Smash attack, he punches the enemy upward, then the clones jump to strike them.

Final Smash: Multiple Shadow Clone Jutsu
Naruto becomes temporarily invincible as he summons massive numbers of shadow clones to attack enemies.

Alternately
[spoiler]Final Smash: Red Chakra
Naruto is surrounded by a red, fox-shaped aura, which gives him increased reach (similar to Lucario), power, and knockback resistance.[/spoiler]

Sasuke Uchiha

Base character: Captain Falcon

Attack changes
Neutral+B: Phoenix Flower Jutsu/Great Fireball Jutsu (Rapidly shoots fireballs with low power and knockback, can be charged for a stronger version of Lucas's Side+B)
Up+B: Substitution Jutsu (As Sheik's Up+B)
Side+B: Chidori (As Luigi's Side+B, but more damage, less knockback, and never misfires)
Down+B: Counter

Sasuke's Down-Aerial attack is a Meteor Smash.

Final Smash: Cursed Seal
Sasuke becomes invulnerable, his attack power increases, and he grows wings (which allow quintuple-jumps and gliding)
My work

atrocity05

• Domesticated Capuchin Monkey
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2008, 03:47:34 PM »
I just had to comment on the Neku build I saw earlier.  You were talking about the Neku from TWEWY?

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2008, 09:41:26 PM »
I just had to comment on the Neku build I saw earlier.  You were talking about the Neku from TWEWY?

Indeed.

Akalsaris

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: September 04, 2008, 11:47:36 AM »
Now that they've got Diddy Kong (who I'd expected to be in melee, but was sadly disappointed), I'd like to see Dixie, or maybe an Ice Climbers thing with the 2 of them.  Kaptain K. Rool would also be a cool heavyweight type character to play.  If they use the DK Country II version (Pirate with a big cannon), he'd make an interesting Samus variant - slower and harder-hitting.

That said, I've only played Brawl once, so I don't know what the game really needs in character slots...but I spent about 3 years at my university playing the original and melee :-P

On a sidenote, I was disappointed to see that wavedashing wasn't made into an actual feature.  It was the only reason I enjoyed Luigi :-(