Author Topic: [3.5]Super Robot Wars d20-Personal Mechas powered up by your spirits!  (Read 37649 times)

oslecamo

• Grape ape
Re: [3.5]Super Robot Wars d20-Personal Mechas powered up by your spirits!
« Reply #20 on: October 04, 2010, 06:29:48 PM »
I'd include fortification with the heavier "armour", so that Real pilots are more likely to die from cockpit damage than Supers.
Good idea, added it.

Wouldn't a mech replace your Str score rather than enhance it? Other than powered armour at least.
You never saw how Sanger pilots the Daizengar/Grungusts? The thing directly replicates his moves! Most melee robots either do that or have specially rough controls, so people with muscle can use them better.

Might want to give pilots some other use for their Str in that case though.
Actualy one thing I forgot to put in it's that certain mechas allow you to use other stats for combat.

For example, a valsione would use the pilot's Cha to ranged attacks, while a Fairlion would use Int for melee attacks. Eva would use Cha for melee attacks.

Super robots would allow you to use Con or Charisma to AC instead of Dex, representing the ability for the pilot to keep his concentration when the mecha is under fire (think heroic charges while under a hail of fire), while certain reals would allow Int or Wisdom to AC instead of Dex represeting "I can see/predict it!". Or maybe that should be left to the pilot classes/feats?

Special movement data (eg. Gespenst Kick) could be handled through items built into the mech which grant maneuvers.
Should they demand vocal components? Even Kyosuke goes GGEEESSSPPEEENNNNTTTT KKKIIIAAAACCCCKKK!!! :p

Ok, so now we need to decide on a power scale. How stronger should a character piloting a mecha be compared to a foot character?

For example, if we had that scarf grandpa fighting that mook in a low level mecha, what would be the level diferences between them?

When Lord Genome gets out of his machine and proceeds to kick Gurren Laggan's ass, just how much higher level was he?

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #21 on: October 05, 2010, 09:01:15 AM »
Power level wise, I think it'd be equivalent to sinking all your wealth into one single item(most pilots have the mech and mech scale equipment as their only equipment).
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #22 on: October 05, 2010, 10:59:52 AM »
Power level wise, I think it'd be equivalent to sinking all your wealth into one single item(most pilots have the mech and mech scale equipment as their only equipment).

Well at the lack of best sugestions I'll try to go with this for now. First drafts expected to be rough.

Lv 1 Mecha
[spoiler]
MK IV "Brotherhood" Power Armor

Size:Medium
HP:20
Energy: 10, regenerate 2.
Speed:-10 land.
AC Bonus: +4
Max Dex: +2
Hardness: 5
ASF: 50%
ACP:-6
Part Slots:2
Weapons:[spoiler]
Bolter (MW light repeating crossbow with cases of 20 bolts), removable
Bolt Pistol (MW hand Crossbow with case of 20 Bolts), removable
Combat Blade (MW longsword), removable
[/spoiler]
Maneuvers:
[spoiler]
-Steel Fire:(6 Energy, 110 Will, Fullround), Full attack with bolter, fire an extra time.
-Steel charge (4 Energy, fullround), Charge with Combat Blade while firing the Bolt Pistol
-Steel Combat(2 Energy, 105 Will, Standard), Attack once with Combat Blade and Bolt Pistol, provoke no attacks of oportunity with the later.
[/spoiler]
Extras:
[spoiler]+2 Str[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Lv 5 Mecha
[spoiler]
Gespent MK II

Size:Large
HP:50
Energy: 30, regenerate 5.
Speed:+10 land.
AC Bonus: +6
Max Dex: +4
Hardness: 10
ACP:-2
Part Slots:4
Machine Gun (+1 Light repeating crossbow with cases of 30 bolts), removable
Split Missiles (+1 Seeking Heavy Crossbow), attached
Plasma Stakes (+1 Punching Dagger), attached
[/spoiler]
Maneuvers:
[spoiler]
-Boosters(5 energy, Swift): Gain a flight speed equal to your base speed untill the end of your turn.
-Gespent Strafe:(10 Energy, Standard), fire Machine gun twice.
-Hail of Missiles (15 Energy, 105 Will, Fullround), fire four Split Missiles at once.
-Gespent Punch(20 Energy, 110 Will, Standard), Attack once with Plasma Stake, add 3 times your Str Bonus, ignore DR and hardness.
[/spoiler]
Extras:
[spoiler]
+4 Str.
Reinforced cockpit: 25% chance of negating critical hits on the pilot.

[/spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Lv 10 Mecha
[spoiler]
Grungust MK 0

Size:Gargantuan
HP:200
Energy: 100, regenerate 10.
Speed:-10 Land speed, Flight speed equal to modified land speed (1 energy consumed for every 5 feet moved).
AC Bonus: +10
Hardness: 20
ASF: 80%
ACP:-5
Part Slots:1
Armor Breaker (+2 Heavy Crossbow, damaged mechas take a -10 penalty to AC for 1 round), attached.
Rocket Fist (+2 Throwing Returning Gauntlet, ), attached
Colossal Blade MK 0 (+3 Keen Fullblade), attached
[/spoiler]
Maneuvers:
[spoiler]
-Piercing Fist(10 energy, 110 Will, Standard): Rocket Fist affects a 60 foot line, oponents on it must make Reflex Saves with DC equal to the Attack Bonus or take Rocket Fist Damage.
-Colossal Strike (50 Energy, 120 Will, Standard): Attack with Colossal Blade, ignore Armor (including mecha armor) and magic bonus to AC, cover, hardness, DR and miss chances.

[/spoiler]
Extras:
[spoiler]
+6 Str.
Hardened Cockpit: 50% chance of negating critical hits on the pilot.
E-Field: Reduce all Damage taken by an extra 10, stacks with hardness,  every time this ability is triggered it drains 5 energy. Can be turned on/off on your own turn as a swift action.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #23 on: October 05, 2010, 01:36:18 PM »
Or perhaps we could use something more customizable.

Upgrades: A mecha starts with two  upgrades. Every time it gains a level it gains two extra upggrades. As you level up you can pick stronger upgrades. Unless otherwise noticed, each upgrade can only be picked once.

Gespent
[spoiler]
HP: 20
Energy: 10
Energy regeneration: 10% of max energy.
Armor Bonus: +4
Hardness: 5
ACP:-6
Part Slots:2

Upgrades:
[spoiler]
Reinforce: the gespent gains  an extra 20 HP. This upgrade can be picked multiple times (max 1/2 Mecha level times, rounded down), and each extra time it is picked it grants an extra 10 HP more than before (so +30 HP the second time this is picked, +40 HP the third, up to 580 total HP for a 20th level gespent)

Extra Armor: the gespent's hardness increases by 2. This upgrade can be picked multiple times (max 1/4 Mecha level times, rounded down), and each extra time it is picked it grants an extra hardness point, up to 25 Hardness on a 20th level gespent.

Plating: the gespent's Armor bonus increases by 1. This upgrade can be picked multiple times (max 1/4 Mecha level times, rounded down), up to +9 Armor bonus  on a 20th level gespent.

Generator: the gespent's max energy increases by 5. This upgrade can be picked multiple times (max 1/2 Mecha level times, rounded down), and each extra time it is picked it grants an extra 2 energy more than before (so +7 energy the second time this is picked, +9 energy the third, up to 150 total energy for a 20th level gespent)

Improved Controls: the Gespent's Max Dex bonus increases by 1 and it's ACP is reduced by 2 (to a minimum of 0). This can be taken multiple times whitout restrictions.

Extra slots: the gespent can equip an extra part. This ability can be picked up to two times.

Larger Frame: the gespent becomes the next size category. The gespent needs to be at least 5th level to pick this ability, and can pick it again at 10th level.

T-Link Type: If you're able to cast spells or manifest powers, you may use your main casting stat instead of Str or Dex (pick one) for attacks with this gespent.

Weaponry: Choose two weapons. The Gespent has a masterwork version of said weapon built on it. Each of those weapons gains a +1 enanchment bonus for each 2 mecha levels. The weapons can actualy only have up to +1/4 mecha level enanchment to attack and damage rolls, but extra enanchment bonus can be spent on extra abilities like returning and distance. This upgrade can be picked up to 2 times.

Maneuver: Pick one maneuver from the Mecha School of a level  equal to 1/2 the Mecha's level, rounded down. The gespent now knows that maneuver. This ability can be picked multiple times. Every extra time you pick it, you may swap one of the gespent's maneuvers for another of a level you can use.

Beam Coat: As a immediate action and paying 5 energy you can make half your gespent's Armor bonus becomes a deflection bonus for 1 round.
[/spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #24 on: October 06, 2010, 07:24:42 PM »
When Lord Genome gets out of his machine and proceeds to kick Gurren Laggan's ass, just how much higher level was he?
The guy held off a Big Bang for a few seconds.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #25 on: October 07, 2010, 04:50:53 AM »
And if you watched the Parallel Works you ever get to see him singlehandedly destroying the entire Spiral forces when the Anti Spiral's despair defeated him.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #26 on: October 15, 2010, 09:25:55 PM »
Expanding on my "Supers have built-in pilots" idea, a mechanic based on psicrystals. It only makes sense in a system which allows multiple pilots, but still. This would be either a feat or a talent for mecha pilots.

Soul of Steel: Your mecha seems to have a mind of its own at times. When you (and only you) pilot it, you are treated as having a co-pilot. This co-pilot has a number of Construct HD equal to your mecha pilot level plus half your levels in other classes (with appropriate BAB, feats, etc. and determining ability scores as a PC), but cannot take actions without you in the cockpit. The DM may choose to waive these restrictions at suitably dramatic times depending on the nature of the mecha, allowing it to assist an ally or even act without a pilot for short periods.

Feats
Improved Soul of Steel [General]
Prerequisites: Soul of Steel
Benefit: From now on, when determining the abilities of your mecha's Soul of Steel, treat your mecha pilot level as one higher than normal.
« Last Edit: October 15, 2010, 09:28:07 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2010, 10:01:41 AM »
I like the first part, but the second clause is a can of worms on my experience. Saying "The DM decides when it works or not" is rarely a good idea. I would take a page out of Adeptus Evangelion and give super robots a chance to awaken when it and/or the pilot drops below a certain HP.

Trough feats and classes, you can increase the chance it awakens, untill at the pinnacle the super robot can basically be awakened at will.

Also, no comments on drafts on posts #22 and #23? I really could use some opinions there.

Plus I now feel strongly tempted to just ditch standard magic gear and classes. If mechas are gonna be the main focus then Prime32's right and we should discard the rest to don't interfere.

Another question is wichever we need a "leveling/build it yourself" system for mechas, wich is kinda hard for me, or if we make a bunch of static frames that can take just basic upgrades (a la SRW).

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2010, 03:24:39 PM »
Designing them as standard equipment kits that you replace as you level(for non-custom units) or which level with you(for custom/unique machines, usually Supers). It's like upgrading your sword in regular D&D, sometimes you buy a new one, sometimes you get it upgraded or customized and sometimes it naturally levels with you(Weapons of legacy).
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #29 on: October 29, 2010, 07:16:37 PM »
Ace Pilot

Oversized swords are for old men. Real men and women use guns!

History
Real Robot pilots focus on constant movement and agility, pinning their opponents under a hail of fire while making themselves hard targets. Decades of study of the techniques of the best veterans have allowed Real Robot engineers to program the best movements on machines so rookies don't need years of hard work to master them.

Unlike normal martial schools, Ace Pilot maneuvers do not need to be recharged, but instead consume energy from the mecha equal to the Maneuver's level x 5, paid when the maneuver is initiated. Stances do not cost any energy to maintain, but their cost must be paid when the pilot switches to it.

1st level
Twin Assault:Sword and Gun Assault:Close Quarters: Hit and Run:2nd level
Careful Aim:Threaten:Return Fire: Disabling Hit: 3rd level
Hail of Fire:Gunfight:Multi-target: Strike- Attack multiple opponents at once.
Blinding Hit:
Strike- Blind opponent for 1 round

4th level
Penetrating Shot: I can see it!:Lighting Strafe: Strike- Move, attack, and move again.

5th level

Cockpit Hit: Surprise Assault: Strike- Attack, gain dodge bonus to AC and reflexes.
Clear Mind:Boost- Ignore concealment and miss chances.

6th level
Curtain Fire: Strike- Your attack divides into myriad of dazzling forms of your choice.
Ambush: Master Aim:7th level
Devastating Assault:Strike-Perform a full attack as a standard action.
Mixed Fire: Quick Blow:8th level

Crystal Mind:Interrupting blow: Strike-Use weapon as an immediate action.

9th level
Genocide: Strike: Full attack with all your ranged weapons, then Charge.

Maneuvers explanations:

[spoiler]
1st level

Twin Assault
Ace Pilot (Strike)
Level: Real Pilot 1
Initiation Action:: Standard action
Range: As weapon
Target: As weapon

As a standard action, you may attack with two melee weapons or two ranged weapons.

Sword and Gun Assault
Ace Pilot (Strike)
Initiation Action:: Full-Round action

You may fire one ranged weapon, followed by a normal charge.

Close Quarters
Ace Pilot (Boost)
Initiation Action:: Swift action
Range: Personal
Target: You
Duration: 1 round

After initiating this boost, you do not provoke any Attacks of Opportunity for moving and/or firing a ranged weapon in melee until the beginning your next turn.

Hit and Run
Ace Pilot (Stance)
Duration: Stance

While in this stance, you may take an extra move action after taking a full-round action, provided you have not moved during the turn. This extra move action may only be used for movement.

2nd level

Careful Aim
Ace Pilot (Boost)
Level: Real Pilot 2

When you initiate this maneuver, your attacks ignore the DR and Hardness of your targets until the beginning of your next turn.

Threaten
Ace Pilot (Boost)

When you initiate this boost, you threaten all squares within one range increment of a chosen weapon until the beginning of your next turn. Even if the chosen weapon is a ranged weapon that normally would not threaten squares, it does, and you may preform attacks of opportunity with that weapon.

If the chosen weapon is a melee weapon, enemies hit by your Attacks of Opportunity stop their movement in the square from which they provoked the attack.

Your opponents are clearly aware of this boost's effects when you use it.

Return Fire
Ace Pilot (Counter)
Initiation Action:: Immediate action
Target: One creature that attacked you.

You may initiate this maneuver whenever an enemy hits you with any single-target attack. You may make one basic attack with a weapon of your choice against that enemy upon initiating this maneuver.

Disabling Hit
Ace Pilot (Strike)
Range:  As weapon

When you initiate this strike, make a single attack against an enemy. If you hit with that  choose one weapon of your enemy. That enemy can't use that weapon for until the beginning of your next turn.

3rd level
Hail of Fire
Ace Pilot (Strike)
Level: Real Pilot 3
Duration:  1 round
Save: Reflex negates

When you initiate this maneuver, make a single basic attack with a weapon of your choice. If you hit, your opponent must make a Reflex save (DC 10+1/2 HD+ the higher of your Str or Dex modifiers) or be slowed as the spell for 1 round.

Gun Fight
Ace Pilot (Stance)
Duration: Stance

While in this stance, you gain a bonus to your damage with ranged weapons equal to one half of your Pilot Level, and the range of all such weapons increases by twice that amount in feet, rounded to the nearest 5 foot increment.

Multi target
Ace Pilot (Strike)
Target: Any number of creatures within reach, up to your ammo left with the used weapon.
Duration: instantaneous

When you initiate this maneuver, you may perform one basic attack against each enemy within reach of your weapon.

Blinding Hit

Ace Pilot (Strike)
Target: As weapon.
Save: Fortitude negates

When you initiate this maneuver perform a single basic attack with a weapon of your choice. If you hit, your opponent must make Fortitude save (DC 10+1/2 HD+ the higher of your  Str or Dex modifier) or be blinded for 1 round.

4th level

Penetrating Shot
Ace Pilot (Strike)
Level: Real Pilot 4
Save: Reflex partial

When performing this maneuver, you affect a 5 foot wide line with length equal to one range increment of your chosen weapon. The attack automatically hits, but your opponents can make a Reflex save (DC 10+1/2 HD +Dex modifier) for half damage. This maneuver cannot be used with melee weapons or ranged weapons that already affect an area.

I can see it!
Ace Pilot (Counter)
Target: You.

When initiating this counter all attacks against you (even area attacks) have a 50% miss chance.

Lighting Strafe
Ace Pilot (Strike)

Move, perform a basic attack, then take another move action.

5th level

Cockpit Hit
Ace Pilot (Strike)
Level: Real Pilot 5
Duration: Instantaneous
Save: Fortitude negates

When you initiate this maneuver perform a single basic attack with a weapon of your choice. If you hit, your opponent must make a Fort save with DC 10+1/2 HD+your Str or Dex modifier (whichever's higher) or be stunned for 1 round.

Surprise Assault
Ace Pilot (Strike)

When you initiate this maneuver, perform a basic attack. Regardless if it hits, you gain a dodge bonus to your AC and reflex saves equal to 1/4 your Pilot Level, rounded down, for 1 round.

Clear Mind
Ace Pilot (Boost)

After initiating this boost, you ignore all concealment and miss chances until the beginning of your next tur.

6th level

Curtain Fire
Ace Pilot (Strike)
Level: Real Pilot 6
Range:  see text
Target: see text
Duration: 2 rounds
Save: Yes

Instead of one single attack, you divide your  into dozens or even hundreds of tiny balls of energy that fill the area around you. When using this maneuver it affects one 5 foot cube per Pilot Level. Each cube must be placed within your   weapon's reach. Creatures on the  cubes must make Reflex saves (DC 10+1/2 HD+ the higher of your Str or Dex modifiers) or take damage as by your  chosen weapon, but if they succeed they take no damage and maymove to an adjacent non-affected area. This balls of energy last for 2 rounds.

Ambush
Ace Pilot (Boost)

When you initiate this maneuver, you may perform one basic attack against any enemy you can see regardless of distance.

If you're using a melee weapon, then you can instantly move adjacent to your oponent and attack, after wich you return to your starting square, whitout provoking Aoos.

Master Aim
Ace Pilot (Stance)
Duration: stance

While on this Stance, you ignore all DR and hardness that your enemies may have.

7th level

Devastating Assault
Ace Pilot (Strike)
Level: Real Pilot 7

When you initiate this maneuver, you may perform a full attack.

Mixed Fire
Ace Pilot (Strike)
Range: As weapons
Target: As weapons

When you initiate this maneuver, you may fire each built-in  ranged weapon of your mecha once. If you normally can't hold them all at the same time then you become able to quickly swap between them for these attacks.

Quick Blow
Ace Pilot (Strike)
Range:  as weapon

When you initiate this maneuver, make one attack roll at your normal bonus.

8th level

Crystal Mind
Ace Pilot (Stance)
Level: Real Pilot 8
Range: None
Duration: stance

While in this stance, you ignore all miss chances and concealment of your enemies.

Interrupting blow

Ace Pilot (Counter)
Level: Real Pilot 8

When you initiate this counter, make attack with one of your weapons against any enemy within reach.

9th level

Genocide
Ace Pilot (Strike)
Level: Real Pilot 9
Initiation Action:: Full-round action
Range:  As weapons
Target: As weapons
Duration: Instantaneous

When you initiate this maneuver, make a full-attack with your built-in ranged weapons, then perform a charge at the end of which you may full-attack with your built-in melee weapons.

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #30 on: October 29, 2010, 07:20:09 PM »
Interesting. I like the "use all your attacks one after the other" maneuvers (since that's almost always a Real type's finisher).

Closest thing to that right now is Hurling Charge.

Hit and Run might be a bit much for lv1...
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 07:32:09 PM by Prime32 »
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #31 on: October 29, 2010, 07:51:57 PM »
Hit and Run might be a bit much for lv1...

You noticed the detailed stance description that you only get the extra move if you didn't move yet on the turn right?

In what kind of low-level situation this could be too strong? It's not like you have that many fullround actions at early game.

Also, if you have other sugestions for another 1st level stance for this school, I'm all hears!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #32 on: October 29, 2010, 08:27:17 PM »
Quote from: Twin Assault
As a standard action you may use two weapons of the same kind, either melee or ranged.
Needs to specify "attack" so that you don't get people casting multiple spells through weapons.

Quote from: Threaten
After initating this boost, for 1 round you threaten all squares whitin range of a weapon of your choice and may perform attacks of oportunity with that weapon, even if it's a ranged weapon that normally doesn't threaten squares.

If the chosen weapon is a melee weapon, in adition striken enemies are stoped if you hit them with the Aoo while the boost lasts.
This is... big. A composite longbow treats everything within 1100ft as "within range". and that's before you add range enhancers. Also you need to explain what "stoped" means.

Quote from: Gun Fight
While on this stance, you gain a bonus to your damage with ranged weapons equal to half your Pilot  Level, and the range of all such weapons increases by twice that amount, rounded down.
The range increase does not have a unit. Is it feet? squares? Range increments?

Quote from: Surprise Assault
When you initiate this maneuver, perform a basic attack. If it hits, you may instantly move adjacent to your target. This movement doesn't cause attacks of oportunity.
"I attack a piece of ground 1650ft away with my composite longbow and Far Shot. Taking distance into account it has an AC of 15."

Quote from: Ambush
When you initiate this maneuver, you may perform one basic attack against any enemy you can see regardless of distance.

If you're using a melee weapon, then you can instantly move adjacent to your oponent and attack, after wich you return to your starting square, whitout provoking Aoos.
...no. This allows for space travel. If your melee weapon is "grapple" and you have a telescope then you can put all the alien abductors out of business.
« Last Edit: October 29, 2010, 08:29:22 PM by Prime32 »
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #33 on: October 29, 2010, 10:49:29 PM »
Quote from: Twin Assault
As a standard action you may use two weapons of the same kind, either melee or ranged.
Needs to specify "attack" so that you don't get people casting multiple spells through weapons.
Changed it. So, this means you aprove of spellcasting mechas, as this school is suposed to only be used in mecha combat?

Quote from: Threaten
After initating this boost, for 1 round you threaten all squares whitin range of a weapon of your choice and may perform attacks of oportunity with that weapon, even if it's a ranged weapon that normally doesn't threaten squares.

If the chosen weapon is a melee weapon, in adition striken enemies are stoped if you hit them with the Aoo while the boost lasts.
This is... big. A composite longbow treats everything within 1100ft as "within range". and that's before you add range enhancers. Also you need to explain what "stoped" means.
It was suposed to be just the first range increment. Fixed it, and also put a better explanation for "stoped".

Quote from: Gun Fight
While on this stance, you gain a bonus to your damage with ranged weapons equal to half your Pilot  Level, and the range of all such weapons increases by twice that amount, rounded down.
The range increase does not have a unit. Is it feet? squares? Range increments?
Feet. Corrected it.

Quote from: Surprise Assault
When you initiate this maneuver, perform a basic attack. If it hits, you may instantly move adjacent to your target. This movement doesn't cause attacks of oportunity.
"I attack a piece of ground 1650ft away with my composite longbow and Far Shot. Taking distance into account it has an AC of 15."
Too sleepy to think of a better way. Changed it to a strike that boosts your AC and reflex.

Quote from: Ambush

...no. This allows for space travel. If your melee weapon is "grapple" and you have a telescope then you can put all the alien abductors out of business.
Well, correct me if I'm wrong, but that's exactly like how the kidnappers in SRW work now. You can have your full forces deployed that suddenly a bad dude shows up out of nowhere, grabs one of your mechas and runs away with it while your units just stare.  :p

Plus, there's no telescope rules in D&D. At best there's the spyglass, that doesn't actually gives a bonus to spot.

Considering how each 10 foot is -1 to spot checks, enemies in space are basically invisible. When you start factoring in disruption/stealth fields and other such stuff, hell yes, orbital strikes are all but impossible and charging into melee trough open ground is suddenly a viable tactic! :D

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #34 on: October 30, 2010, 12:04:27 PM »
Super Pilot maneuver suggestions
  • Rocket Punch
  • Multiple Rocket Punch
  • Drill Rocket Punch
  • Throw tomahawk
  • Boomerang
  • Head Beam (single-target)
  • Chest Blaster (area)
  • Sword (Stance)
  • Ram while covered in energy

With the option to substitute different weapons of course.
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 12:17:50 PM by Prime32 »
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #35 on: October 30, 2010, 11:24:04 PM »
Real Pilot

You're way out of this league.
[spoiler]
HD:10
Level BAB Fort Ref Will FeatureManeuvers KnownStances Known
1+1 +0+2 +0 Bonus Feat, Real Robot I, Arsenal, Maneuvers, Spirited01
2+2 +0+3 +0 Bonus Feat11
3+3 +1+3 +1 Spirit21
4+4 +1 +4+1 Real Robot II31
5+5 +1 +4 +1 Bonus Feat42
6+6 +2+5+2 Spirit52
7+7 +2 +5 +2Real Robot III62
8+8 +2 +6 +2  Bonus Feat72
9+9  +3+6 +3 Spirit82
10+10 +3+7 +3 Real Robot IV92
11+11 +3 +7+3 Bonus Feat103
12+12 +4 +8+4 Spirit113
13+13 +4 +8 +4 Real Robot V123
14+14 +4 +9 +4 Bonus Feat133
15+15 +5 +9 +5 Spirit144
16+16 +5 +10 +5 Real Robot VI154
17+17 +5 +10+5 Bonus Feat164
18+18 +6+11 +6 Spirit174
19 +19 +6 +11 +6 Real Robot VII184
20+20 +6 +12 +6 Bonus Feat194
6 Skill points+int per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills: Concentration, climb, Diplomacy, Jump, Spot, Listen, Apraise, Intimidate, Knowledge(any)

Proficiencies: A Real Pilot is proficient with simple and melee weapons and mechas.

Features:

Bonus Feat:Whenever this ability shows up, the Real Pilot can pick a feat from the list of pilot feats.

Real Robot I: The real pilot was trained by a powerfull organization (the details of wich should be discussed with the DM), which at 1st level grants him access to a basic real robot. The organization also pledges to repair non-disabling damage and refuel the mecha on any of it's branches for no cost. The organization can be assumed to have such branches in any stable city where the Real Pilot could conduct normal business. If the mecha is reduced to 0 HP the Real Pilot will have to undergo some redeeming quest for a replacement (assuming he makes it back).

As the Real Pilot grows in levels he gains access to stronger mechas as shown on the table, but he cannot change his choices on mechas.

Arsenal: On top of the mecha the organization also freely supplies an array of basic  swappable  weapons and  accessories  to further customize his mecha. Refer to the Arsenal list for details. Items from the arsenal list can be  swapped  on any organization branch while the mecha undergoes maintenance, and  access  to new ones is granted at the same  rate  as new mechas.

Maneuvers: The Real Pilot learns maneuvers and Stances from the Ace Pilot and Into the Danger Zone schools as shown on the table. To learn a maneuver of  any given  level ,  he needs to have a Pilot Level of  twice the maneuver level, minus one. . His Pilot level is equal to his Real Pilot level plus half his other levels.

Spirited:Each level of Real Pilot increases the max number of spirit points of the player by 6. In  addition  the player learns one spirit, and whenever "Spirit" appears on the table he learns one more.

Spirits can be used as a free action at the  beginning  of your turn by paying their cost in spirit points (before you take any other action). You need to meditate for 5 minutes to recover your spirit points. You can use multiple spirits in a turn, but only once each kind of spirit. Spirits that trigger in a condition , such as valor and alert, last 1 minute and then are lost if they are not triggered by the end of the duration.

Spirit List
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #36 on: October 30, 2010, 11:42:51 PM »
Real Pilot

You're way out of your league.
[spoiler]
HD:8
Level B-TROMBE![/spoiler]
Wouldn't some of the spirits work better as maneuvers/stances? Heck, you could make Alert a Real Pilot counter and Guard a Super one, etc.

Snipe is too weak - make it a 50% range bonus (like Far Shot), or ignore range penalties or something. The healing spirits should be something like 1d6 per character level to remain relevant.

No such thing as a "command bonus" - make it morale or insight, or circumstance if you want it to stack.

And of course Alt Reise is the last entry in the list. What, no Alegrias? ;)
« Last Edit: October 30, 2010, 11:56:20 PM by Prime32 »
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #37 on: October 31, 2010, 12:21:56 AM »
Wouldn't some of the spirits work better as maneuvers/stances? Heck, you could make Alert a Real Pilot counter and Guard a Super one, etc.
Ace Pilot grants "I can see it!". Guard would be nice for super pilots, I'll take that in acount.

The main idea here it's that while the robot provides energy fuel, the pilot provides spirit fuel.

Snipe is too weak - make it a 50% range bonus (like Far Shot), or ignore range penalties or something. The healing spirits should be something like 1d6 per character level to remain relevant.
Good ideas here, will implement them now.

No such thing as a "command bonus" - make it morale or insight, or circumstance if you want it to stack.
It's an honored D&D homebrew tradition to make up new types of bonus.

Never had heard of it. Some googling sugests it's from Alpha 3 Unless you can supply me with a PS2 and the relevant shiny game, I won't convert such robots due to lack of proper inspiration.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #38 on: October 31, 2010, 10:19:55 AM »
Never had heard of it. Some googling sugests it's from Alpha 3 Unless you can supply me with a PS2 and the relevant shiny game, I won't convert such robots due to lack of proper inspiration.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V5pypE9sWsA

Alpha 3 had two Super routes (Touma, Kusuha) and two Real routes (Cobray, Selena). But Cobray's mech is... really not a Real in any way besides stats.
My work