Author Topic: Houserule- e6 "epic destinies"  (Read 845 times)

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
Houserule- e6 "epic destinies"
« on: October 03, 2010, 11:19:11 PM »
Basically, the idea is to make a blending of e6 and e8:

You will have one of the three following "destinies" when you begin the game.

Traces of the Blood

You start off with a single major bloodline; bloodline buyoff is in effect.

This could be mixed with Monstrous Heroism; in that case, the bloodline is instead an Intermediate one.

Monstrous Heroism

You start of with a combined LA of 2; LA buyoff is in effect, except for one slight variation; your first buyoff is at level 3, not 6, and your other buyoff is at 6.

This can be mixed with Traces of the Blood; in that case, you instead get a LA of 1, which is bought off at level 3.

By the Sweat of My Brow

You start off with no LA or Bloodline; instead, after 6th level, you gain another level every time you get ten feats; your level cap is at 8.

Some other rules that go with this

-Firstly, there is a hard cap for the level of spells (or other spell-equivalent system) you can learn: it is 4. You can use any other method you want to raise spell level, but you can't learn spells that have a base spell level higher than 4.
-Secondly, you do not automatically learn said 4th level spells; you must first research them. There are rules for doing this already, so I will not repeat said rules.
-Any others people suggest.

So, any suggestions? Does anyone think it would be cool to play in an e6 game with this houserule set?
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
Re: Houserule- e6 "epic destinies"
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2010, 03:37:26 AM »
Anyone?

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
Re: Houserule- e6 "epic destinies"
« Reply #3 on: October 08, 2010, 06:26:56 PM »
Oh  :(.

Sounds fine to me.

[/spoiler]