Author Topic: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-Taking Requests  (Read 392301 times)

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use!
« Reply #580 on: June 04, 2011, 12:37:17 AM »
Drawed heavy inspiration from Golden Compass.
*twitch*
That's the series where the author wanted to make it atheistic, confused it with agnostic, then thought the A was silent and just wrote a bunch of books centered around gnosticism, right?

I think the characters having a goal of killing god counts as trying to turn kids into atheists.  :P
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #581 on: June 04, 2011, 01:22:19 AM »
I think the characters having a goal of killing Demiurge counts as trying to turn kids into gnostics:P
Fixed. :teach
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #582 on: June 04, 2011, 05:54:46 PM »
Yay armored bear people.

Ability Score Bonus: The Warbear gains an extra +1 to Str at all levels and +1 to Con at levels 2, 3, 4, for a total of +5 Str and +3 Con at 5th level.

The table does not have a str bonus at 2'nd level.

Armored Bear:
typo:
enanchment => enhancement

Also you should have some verbiage around changing the enhancement bonuses, either outright state it can't be done, or say that it takes 24 hours of forge work.

Challenging Roar:
Interesting mechanic, the fluff could use a bit of work but it's mechanically sound.

War Bear Charge: Urskans know how to put the weight of their powerfull bodies at the end of a charge. At 4th level when performing a Charge the Urskan may deliver a Slam attack dealing 2d6+1,5 Str mod damage in addition to all the other benefits and hazards of a charge. If wearing armor, the Urskan adds the Armor bonus to the damage as it uses its extra weight to crush the enemy.

I am a little unclear how this would work if the Urskan somehow had pounce. Would he get this attack in addition to the other attacks since it is a natural attack? Or does this attack replace the normal attacks? By pure wording it's a strict additional attack.

typo's bolded, missing words underlined;
Guardian Bear: Urskans are specially renowned for fiercely defending their territories, being virtually unstoppable when... (even if currently unable to take actions, including being bleeding to death) ...end one harmful spell/condition/effect ...  its armors hardness is doubled and have their natural weapons and Steelclaws deal damage as if they were one size category larger.

Also "even if currently unable to take actions, including being bleeding to death" is not a valid English sentence. You probably mean "even if currently unable to take actions, such as if currently dying". Which is the proper DnD keyword for that condition. Also you probably want to use the word 'Unconscious' since that is the status that prevents you from acting, dying just makes you unconscious.
Also that ability is basically Iron Heart Surge on crack. I would tone it down to OR instead of and, and up some of the effects a bit. Also how would you see or hear your allies being attacked while unconscious or dead? Or just blinded and deafened? How about this;

Guardian Bear(Ex): Urskans are specially renowned for fiercely defending their territories, being virtually unstoppable when fighting for their land. Such reputation is well founded. At 5th level, 1/day per 4 HD they may fly into a Rage with one of the following additional effects:
  • Healing: Recover 4*HD hitpoints and receive the effects of a restoration spell. At 9 HD you also receive deathward effect for the duration at 13 HD restoration is increased to Greater Restoration, and at 17 HD a Mass Heal effect is included.
  • Recovery: End one harmful spell, condition, or effect from yourself (with the exception of the dead condition), and recover HD hitpoints. At 9 HD you also receive a freedom of movement effect. At 13 HD you are immune to the effect you removed for the duration of the Rage, and at 17 HD they may temporarily even remove the dead condition, though they will die again at the end of the rage.
  • Iron Will: Remove all fear and charm effects, the hardness of all their equipment doubles, and you recover HD hitpoints. At 9 HD you gain a mindblank effect for the duration of the rage, at 13 HD you grant all allies (including yourself) within 40ft a +1 morale bonus to all will saves per 3 HD, and a second will save if they fail the first. At 17 HD you grow by one size category while raging, this explicitly stacks with magical size increases.
(All caster levels are your HD and saves are 10+1/2 HD + con)

In addition Urskan's are exhausted after their rage instead of merely being fatigued. At 11 HD the rage improves to Greater Rage, and at 15 HD to Might Rage. At 19 HD the Urskan is merely fatigued after a rage.

They can fly into rage even if they are unconscious or otherwise disabled if their nearby allies are under attack, even if they have no way of knowing it.

-*-*-*-*-

That might still be a tad strong. hmm. Anyway thank you for making Urskan's.  :clap :love
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #583 on: June 04, 2011, 09:41:15 PM »
*twitch*

When they translated it to my country they translated it as golden compass so I blame the editors.

And for the record angels do appear as human-sized beings, the subatomic particles are... Well I never understood what they were. Some kind of zen fey-soul thing that made people feel good.

And it's not much as atheism or gnocism as simply sociopatism as the guy who starts the whole "kill the guy on top" thingy is doing it for the evulz (why take down the government when I can take down the heavens themselves?) and was willing to sacrifice his own daughter in the process (but another random kid served too)

Yay armored bear people.

Ability Score Bonus: The Warbear gains an extra +1 to Str at all levels and +1 to Con at levels 2, 3, 4, for a total of +5 Str and +3 Con at 5th level.

The table does not have a str bonus at 2'nd level.

Armored Bear:
typo:
enanchment => enhancement

Also you should have some verbiage around changing the enhancement bonuses, either outright state it can't be done, or say that it takes 24 hours of forge work.
Indeed there wasn't suposed to be a bonus to Str at 2nd level, removed it from the text. Also corrected that typo and added changing option.

Challenging Roar:
Interesting mechanic, the fluff could use a bit of work but it's mechanically sound.
Well by all means feel free to sugest fluff. My idea was something along the lines that Uskan's image screams CHALLENGE. You just can't run away from it. You must pit your strenght against its.

War Bear Charge: Urskans know how to put the weight of their powerfull bodies at the end of a charge. At 4th level when performing a Charge the Urskan may deliver a Slam attack dealing 2d6+1,5 Str mod damage in addition to all the other benefits and hazards of a charge. If wearing armor, the Urskan adds the Armor bonus to the damage as it uses its extra weight to crush the enemy.

I am a little unclear how this would work if the Urskan somehow had pounce. Would he get this attack in addition to the other attacks since it is a natural attack? Or does this attack replace the normal attacks? By pure wording it's a strict additional attack.
Extra attack if you get pounce, clarified.

Also that ability is basically Iron Heart Surge on crack. I would tone it down to OR instead of and, and up some of the effects a bit. Also how would you see or hear your allies being attacked while unconscious or dead? Or just blinded and deafened? How about this;
IHS is basically at will. This is 1/day. But your sugestion looks quite good anyway so I'll add it.

That might still be a tad strong. hmm. Anyway thank you for making Urskan's.  :clap :love
I removed the auto-upgrade to greater and mighty rage and reduced Mass Heal to just Heal to tone it down a little, but put in some barbarian sinergy. Check out the new version!

Also one thing I clearly didn't explain well was that the custom half-plate grants the Urskan itself an hardness score. Hopefully clarified it properly now.

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #584 on: June 05, 2011, 12:45:10 AM »
Also corrected that typo and added changing option.

There is still a typo; enhancement

IHS is basically at will. This is 1/day. But your sugestion looks quite good anyway so I'll add it.

Thanks. Oh and there is something we both have overlooked, while the image of a group of adventurers carting around a months old Urskan corpse that somehow springs back to life, rages for a bit and then falls over dead again is quite amusing it also doesn't seem quite right. Possibly restrict it to within 1/round or 1/minute per HD since death? And we should probably add a disintegrate clause either allowing or forbidding it, though the image of a pile of dust suddenly springing back up in the ghostly form of an Urskan and raging to protect their friends is extremely cool. :lmao
The Urskan might also need the ability to freely act while at negative hit-points and raging. At least when pulling the suspend death trick.

Also one thing I clearly didn't explain well was that the custom half-plate grants the Urskan itself an hardness score. Hopefully clarified it properly now.

:twitch Why not give it DR/adamantine and energy resistance? granted the combination is a bit much but that does the same as hardness without adding confusion. Even Golems use DR/adamantine rather than hardness, the only creature I can think of that has hardness are animated objects. And since animated object are still object they probably take half damage from fire and electircity, etc which probably is not appropriate for an Urskan. Also I don't think both DR and energy resistance are needed, one of the two should be enough, probably DR.
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #585 on: June 05, 2011, 08:12:01 AM »
*twitch*
And it's not much as atheism or gnocism as simply sociopatism as the guy who starts the whole "kill the guy on top" thingy is doing it for the evulz (why take down the government when I can take down the heavens themselves?) and was willing to sacrifice his own daughter in the process (but another random kid served too)

Just an fyi, the author himself has said that it's an anti-christianity thing.  Not that it affects the class. 
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #587 on: June 10, 2011, 03:11:26 PM »
Genie, Kahayal

[spoiler]
HD:d8
LevelBabFortRefWillFeature
1+0+0+2+0Kahaya Body, Improved Finesse, Sneak Attack +1d6, Dusk and Dawn, +1 Dex
2+1+0+3+0Shadow Genie, Black Candle, +1 Con
3+2+1+3+1Sneak Attack +2d6, Sight Eclipsed,+1 Dex
4+3+1+4+1Fleeting Shadow, Deception, +1 Con
5+3+1+5+1Sneak Attack +3d6, Bolster
6+4+2+6+2Pass Into Shadow, Umbral Body, Shadow Endurance

Skills:
6+int modifier per level, quadruple at 1st level. Class skills are Apraise, Balance, Bluff, Concentration, Craft(any), Diplomacy, Intimidate, Hide, Jump, Knowlege (any), Listen, Move Silently, Profession (any), Sense motive, Spot, Swim, Tumble, Use rope

Proficiencies:simple and martial weapons, light armors.

Features:
Khayal Body :A Genie, Kahayal loses all other racial bonus and gains outsider traits (basicaly darkvision 60 feets). He is a medium outsider with 30 base speed.

The Genie, Kahayal also gains a Nat armor bonus equal to his Con modifier.

Improved Finesse: A Genie, Kahayal gains Improved Finesse as a bonus feat even if he doesn't meet the prerequisites, and can apply it to any weapon he wields with a single hand, not only light weapons.

Sneak Attack: As the rogue ability, and stacks with Sneak Attack from other sources. The extra damage increases by 1d6 for every two other Genie, Kahayal levels, up to +3d6 Sneak Attack bonus damage at 5th level.

Dusk And Dawn: As a standard action 2/day for every HD he has, a Genie, Kahayal can make a dark area lighter or a light area darker, blanketing the affected area in shadowy illumination. Creatures with darkvision can see trough this area normally. This affects a 20 feet radius emanation centered on a point in space whitin 25 feet plus 5 feet for every 2 HD. It lasts for 10 min per HD.

At 6 HD he may use this as a move action.

At 12 HD as a swift action.

At 18 HD as a free action even if it isn't his turn, and multiple times per round as long as he has uses left.

Ability increase:
The Genie, Kahayal gains +1 to Dex at 1st and 3rd  levels and +1 to Con at 2nd and 4th levels for a total of +2 Con and +2 Dex at 6th level.

Shadow Genie: At 2nd level the Genie, Kahayal gains immunity to cold, resistance to fire, acid, electrecity and sonic equal to his HD, and  telepathy with range of 40 feet plus 10 feet for each extra HD beyond 2.

Black Candle:
At 2nd level as a standard action, 2/day for every HD the Genie, Kahayal can replicate a Darkness or Daylight spell with CL equal to HD. Both choices draw from the same number of uses. They count as spells of half the Genie, Kahayal's HD for purposes of countering and dispelling light and darkness spells.

At 10 HD the Genie, Kahayal may use this ability as an immediate action for countering purposes.

Sight Eclipsed: At 3rd level 1/day per HD the Genie, Kahayal can cloak himself in shadow while shifting away the light that would reveal him. He may atempt to hide even while being observed, and whitout need of cover or concealment.

At 11 HD he may use this ability at will.

Fleeting Shadow: At 4th level the Genie, Kahayal  gains a fly speed of 40 feets with perfect maneuverability.

Deception:
Genie, Kahayal are adept of trickery and light tricks. At 4th level while standing in an area of darkness or shadowy illumination, As a swift action they may either add their highest mental stat mod to their next damage roll or their highest physical stat mod to their next Intimidate or Bluff check.

Bolster: At 5th level 1/day per 2 HD the Genie, Kahayal may link a creature touched (including himself) to the Plane of Shadow, granting it 5 temporary HP for every HD of the target, which last for 10 minutes per HD of the Genie, Kahayal. For the duration of this effect, the subject's shadow grows larger than normal and its movements are very slightly uncoordinated with those of the subject.

At 12 HD if the Genie, Kahayal Bolsters himself, he can partially control his rebellious shadow, allowing him to make one Feint check per round as a free action.

Pass into Shadow: As a fullround action at 6th level 1/day per 6 HD, the Genie, Kahayal may replicate a PlaneShift effect with CL equal to HD, but he must either travel to or from the Plane of Shadow. You cannot use this ability on unwilling creatures.

At 13 HD he may use this as a standard action, and may target unwilling creatures, with save DC being 10+1/2HD+Cha mod.

Umbral Body: As a fullround action at 6th level, 1/day for every 6 HD he has, the Genie, Kahayal may gain the Incorporeal Subtype for 1 round per HD, with all the associated bonus and penalties. He may end the effect sooner if he wishes as another fullround action, but any rounds left are wasted.

At 14 HD he may start and end this as a standard action.

Shadow Endurance: At 6th level the Genie, Kahayal can whitstand and ignore the adverse conditions of any of the elemental planes for 1 hour per HD per day.

[/spoiler]

Comments:
[spoiler]
Altough it was published only on Tome of Magic, the Genie, Kahayal probably fits the original genie archetype better than any of the others if you ask me. They're powerful bastards that delight on cheating others and and perform smoke and mirror tricks.

The class has a main roguish theme with a series of shadow abilities to back it up. Sneak attack, creating your own cover and concealment, improved weapon finesse, some buffing and limited use hide-in-plain-sight (that eventually becomes at will, but making it so right away would be kinda unfair for every other class with it, plus even the original monster can't do it at will). One good save, strong skill points, medium Bab and HD round him up.

The last level offers two quite powerful abilities with Plane Shift and Incorporeability. However their use is quite limited when you first get it until so it balances out.

So if you want to play a shadowy outsider trickster, the Genie, Kahayal's for you!

[/spoiler]

b100d_arrowz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
How about one of my personal favorite monsters, the conflagration ooze from MMIII I believe. Nothing seems to scare my party more then a ball of fire coming up and attacking them from the bowels of the temple of the Sun Gods  :evillaugh
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
How about one of my personal favorite monsters, the conflagration ooze from MMIII I believe. Nothing seems to scare my party more then a ball of fire coming up and attacking them from the bowels of the temple of the Sun Gods  :evillaugh
After recently having another look at MM3, the geriviar. It's a giant monster with four arms and skin like a horned lizard that hates buildings and grows organic grenades on its back. :D
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 08:36:05 AM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Shadowknight12

• Monkey bussiness
I couldn't find this one on the thread, so I decided to give it a try myself. Comments are always most welcome!

Verdant Prince

[spoiler]HD: d6.

Level BAB Fort Ref Will Feature
1 +0 +0+2 +2
2  +1 +0+3 +3 Princely Demeanour, Minor Oath Bond, +1 Cha.
3  +1 +1+3 +3 Unearthly Grace, +1 Dex, +1 Cha.
4  +2 +1 +4+4 Evasion, Tyrant Soul, +1 Cha.
5  +2 +1 +4 +4 Princely Tongue, +1 Dex, +1 Cha.
6  +3 +2+5+5 Greater Enchantment Mastery, Intermediate Oath Bond, +1 Cha.
7  +3 +2 +5 +5 Will of the Fae Lord, Staff of the Forest, +1 Dex, +1 Cha.
8  +4 +2 +6 +5 Unchallenged, +1 Dex, +1 Cha.
9  +4 +3+6 +6 Tyrant Body, +1 Dex, +1 Cha.
10  +5 +3+7 +7 Improved Evasion, Major Oath Bond, +1 Cha.
11  +5 +3 +7+7 Tyrant Mind, True Enchantment Mastery, +1 Dex.

Skills: 6 + Intelligence modifier per level, quadruple at first level. Class skills: Appraise, Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Craft(Any), Diplomacy, Disguise, Escape Artist, Hide,  Intimidate, Jump, Knowledge(Arcana), Knowledge(Local), Knowledge(Nature), Listen, Move Silently, Perform(Any), Profession(Any), Search, Sense Motive, Sleight of Hand, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Swim, Tumble and Use Magic Device.

Proficiencies: As the druid.

Features:

Verdant Prince Body (Ex): The verdant prince loses all other racial bonuses, and gains the Fey type along with its traits (Low-Light Vision, mainly), medium size and a base speed of 40 ft.

Lesser Enchantment Mastery (Ex): The verdant prince gains Wild Empathy, as the druid class feature, but he may also affect creatures of the Vermin and Plant types in addition to creatures of the Animal and Magical Beast types. Classes that grant the Wild Empathy class feature stack with levels in Verdant Prince for the purposes of this ability.

Weakness to Cold Iron (Ex): A verdant prince takes double damage from weapons made of cold iron.

Princely Demeanour (Ex): The verdant prince gains a racial bonus on Bluff, Diplomacy, Intimidate and Sense Motive equal to half his HD (rounded down).

Minor Oath Bond (Su): The verdant prince is capable of entering a bargain with an intelligent creature (Intelligence score equal to or greater than 3) of Indifferent or better attitude. This bargain requires a specific service performed by each party. The service must be attainable by the creature who vows to perform it, and it must have a definite ending. The service must also be performed prior to a specific date agreed upon by both parties. The party who does not perform the service before the appointed date receives a -2 to all ability scores until they perform the service or the oath is dissolved. The oath can only be dissolved by the verdant prince, or by the Wish or Miracle spells. A dominated or controlled creature cannot make an oath bond. The verdant prince instantly knows when an oath bond he has forged has been broken. He also instantly knows the direction and distance to a creature who has broken an oath bond, so long as both the verdant prince and the creature are on the same plane. The verdant prince may only have as many Minor Oath Bonds as he has HD. Making the oath is a sonic, language-dependent effect. The penalties are a (Su) effect.

Unearthly Grace (Su): The verdant prince adds his Charisma modifier as a bonus on saving throws and as a deflection bonus to AC.

Evasion (Ex): As the rogue class feature.

Tyrant Soul (Su): The verdant prince gains SR equal to 11+ his HD.

Princely Tongue (Ex):Greater Enchantment Mastery (Ex): The verdant prince becomes immune to effects from the Enchantment school and receives a +5 bonus on saves versus mind-affecting effects, illusions and divinations. The verdant prince may forgo the immunity at will if he wishes to be affected by Enchantment effects.

Intermediate Oath Bond (Su): The verdant prince is capable of entering a bargain with an intelligent creature (Intelligence score equal to or greater than 3) of Indifferent or better attitude. This bargain requires a specific ongoing service performed by each party, for an agreed-upon period of time. The party who does not perform the service for the arranged period of time receives a -4 to all ability scores until they perform the service or the oath is dissolved. The oath can only be dissolved by the verdant prince, or by the Wish or Miracle spells. At the verdant prince's choice, he may choose that the penalty for not fulfilling an Intermediate Oath Bond be a negative level instead of a -4 to all ability scores. A dominated or controlled creature cannot make an oath bond. The verdant prince instantly knows when an oath bond he has forged has been broken. He also instantly knows the direction and distance to a creature who has broken an oath bond, so long as both the verdant prince and the creature are on the same plane. The verdant prince may only have as many Intermediate Oath Bonds as half of his HD (rounded down). Making the oath is a sonic, language-dependent effect. The penalties are a (Su) effect.

Will of the Fae Lord (Ex): Whenever the verdant prince would be subject to an effect that is lessened with a successful Will save (such as Will half or Will partial), he instead suffers no effects if he succeeds on the Will save.

Staff of the Forest (Su): The verdant prince crafts a staff from an ancient and powerful tree (oak is commonly chosen, but it can be of any type of wood). The staff grants the verdant prince the ability to cast certain spells by expending Oath Charges, and one passive bonus that is always active for as long as at least one Oath Charge remains on the staff. The verdant prince's staff regains Oath Charges based on the amount of Oath Bonds he has crafted. Normally, Minor Oath Bonds do not grant Oath Charges, though the DM might decide that a particularly harrowing Minor Oath Bond is worth between 1 to 5 Oath Charges, according to the peril involved in the task. For every Intermediate Oath Bond that the verdant prince has active at the beginning of every day, his staff gains one Oath Charge. For every Major Oath Bond that the verdant prince has active at the beginning of every day, his staff gains two Oath Charges. Oath Charges are gained by the other party's completion of the arranged services, not by the verdant prince's actions. If either party breaks their Oath Bond, or if the Oath Bond is completed or dissolved (or annulled by Wish or Miracle), the prince stops receiving daily Oath Charges from that Oath Bond. A staff may not store more than twice the verdant prince's HD in Oath Charges. Excess Oath Charges are wasted. Upon creation, the verdant prince chooses a type of staff and a type of weapon he is proficient with. Once made, the decisions cannot be changed, except by Limited Wish, Wish or Miracle. As a move action, the verdant prince can make the staff change forms between an ordinary staff and the type of weapon he has chosen. This is a (Su) effect. If the verdant prince chooses the Staff of the Jade Duelist or the Staff of the Peerless Archer, he may change the type of weapon his staff can turn into once per day. The verdant prince must hold the staff in his hand when he wishes to cast a spell contained within and to benefit from the passive bonus. The verdant prince may pay to have his staff enchanted as an ordinary weapon. He can choose any enchantment that an ordinary staff or its alternate weapon form qualify for. If an enchantment would not be applicable when the staff changes forms, it is suppressed until the staff changes back. Example: A verdant prince chooses the Staff of the Jade Duelist and a bastard sword. The verdant prince can turn his staff into a bastard sword with a move action. If he enchants the staff with the Keen enchantment (because the bastard sword qualifies for it), the enchantment is suppressed while the staff is in staff form. The Caster Level for the spells equals the verdant prince's HD. Save DCs equal 10 + spell level + the verdant prince's Charisma modifier.

Types of Staves:
[spoiler]* Staff of the Emerald Oak:
Light Fortification (Su): As the armour special ability.
Entangle: 1 Oath Charge.
Tree Shape: 2 Oath Charges.
Diminish Plants: 3 Oath Charges.
Plant Growth: 3 Oath Charges.
Speak with Plants: 3 Oath Charges.
Command Plants: 4 Oath Charges.

* Staff of the Beastmaster:
Animal Fury (Su): The verdant prince gains a bite attack appropriate to his size (1d6 for medium).
Calm Animals: 1 Oath Charge.
Charm Animal: 1 Oath Charge.
Hide from Animals: 1 Oath Charge.
Speak with Animals: 1 Oath Charge.
Animal Trance: 2 Oath Charges.
Hold Animal: 2 Oath Charges.
Dominate Animal: 3 Oath Charges.

* Staff of the Peerless Archer:
Vigilance (Su): The verdant prince does not provoke attacks of opportunity when making ranged attacks with a weapon.
True Strike: 1 Oath Charge.
Magic Missile: 1 Oath Charge.
Acid Arrow: 2 Oath Charges.
Cat's Grace: 2 Oath Charges.
Flame Arrow: 3 Oath Charges.

* Staff of the Dark Ruler:
Supernatural Allure (Su): The verdant prince is so alluring that opponents must struggle to raise a hand against him. He is considered to be under the effect of a permanent Sanctuary spell. He may suspend this effect as a free action, but he must wait 1d12 rounds before he can resume it, also as a free action. The DC is 10 + half the verdant prince's HD + the verdant prince's Charisma modifier.
Enthrall: 2 Oath Charges.
Glibness: 3 Oath Charges.
Hold Person: 3 Oath Charges.
Dominate Person: 5 Oath Charges.
Mind Fog: 5 Oath Charges.

* Staff of the Undying Lord:
Bound to the Forest (Su): The staff functions somewhat like a lich's phylactery, returning the verdant prince to life 1d10 days after his death. The verdant prince loses one level upon resurrection, as though he had been affected by a Raise Dead spell. In order for this effect to function, the verdant prince must store 5000 GP worth of jewels, precious metals, small magic items or gems in the staff, and they are consumed upon the verdant prince's resurrection. The staff must retain at least one Oath Charge from the moment the verdant prince dies to the moment he is restored to life. If the staff is destroyed or drained of Oath Charges, the verdant prince dies normally. Placing the staff on an Antimagic Field postpones the resurrection until it is removed from the antimagic area.
Barkskin: 2 Oath Charges.
Poison: 3 Oath Charges.
Contagion: 3 Oath Charges.
Blight: 4 Oath Charges.
Rusting Grasp: 4 Oath Charges.

* Staff of the All-Knowing Eyes:
Prescient Knowledge (Su): The verdant prince always knows when he is being observed, whether by divinations or actual senses. He does not know the source, location, direction, number or identity of the creature or creatures observing him.
Locate Object: 2 Oath Charges.
See Invisibility: 2 Oath Charges.
Clairaudience/Clairvoyance: 3 Oath Charges.
Locate Creature: 4 Oath Charges.
Scrying: 4 Oath Charges.

* Staff of the Jade Duelist:
Weapon Mastery (Su): The verdant prince is proficient with a single exotic or martial weapon of his choice.
Shillelagh: 1 Oath Charge.
Magic Weapon: 1 Oath Charge.
Blur: 2 Oath Charges.
Keen Edge: 3 Oath Charges.
Greater Magic Weapon: 3 Oath Charges.

* Staff of the Seasons:
Inured to the Wilds (Su): The verdant prince is considered to be under the permanent effect of an Endure Elements spell.
Gust of Wind: 2 Oath Charges.
Call Lightning: 3 Oath Charges.
Sleet Storm: 3 Oath Charges.
Flame Strike: 4 Oath Charges.
Ice Storm: 4 Oath Charges.
[/spoiler]

Unchallenged (Ex): The verdant prince becomes immune to fear effects. He also becomes immune to being Silenced, Deafened, Blinded, Confused, Dazed, Dazzled, Charisma-drained, Charisma-damaged, Dexterity-drained and Dexterity-damaged.

Tyrant Body (Ex): The verdant prince gains DR/cold iron equal to his HD.

Improved Evasion (Ex): As the monk class feature.

Major Oath Bond (Su): The verdant prince is capable of entering a bargain with an intelligent creature (Intelligence score equal to or greater than 3) of Indifferent or better attitude. This bargain requires a specific ongoing service performed by each party for as long as each party continues to exist as a creature (regardless of whether it suffers a Type change that renders it no longer alive). The party who stops performing the service receives a -6 to all ability scores after 24 hours of cessation, and this penalty continues until they resume performing the service or the oath is dissolved. The oath can only be dissolved by the verdant prince, or by the Wish or Miracle spells, or by the permanent death of either party (if the creature is brought back to life or changes its Type to Undead, Outsider or any other kind, the oath resumes until they are killed or destroyed again). At the verdant prince's choice, he may choose that the penalty for not fulfilling a Major Oath Bond be two negative levels or an ongoing Staggered effect instead of a -6 to all ability scores. A dominated or controlled creature cannot make an oath bond. The verdant prince instantly knows when an oath bond he has forged has been broken. He also instantly knows the direction and distance to a creature who has broken an oath bond, so long as both the verdant prince and the creature are on the same plane. The verdant prince may only have as many Major Oath Bonds as a quarter of his HD (rounded down). Making the oath is a sonic, language-dependent effect. The penalties are a (Su) effect.

Tyrant Mind (Su): The verdant prince is considered to be under a permanent Nondetection effect (Caster Level equal to his HD). At 15 HD, the verdant prince is considered to be under a permanent Mind Blank as well. The verdant prince may forgo these benefits at will if he wishes to be affected by an effect that would be blocked by either of the two spells.

True Enchantment Mastery (Ex): The verdant prince becomes capable of affecting non-mindless creatures normally immune to mind-affecting or Enchantment effects, but the targets of his mind-affecting or Enchantment effects gain a +5 bonus on their saves.[/spoiler]

Comments:
[spoiler]Highly social/RP-focused class, not too powerful in other arenas, though he might serve as a controller/supporter but is highly dependent on minions/allies.

A blend of druid, rogue and sorcerer, the verdant prince is adaptable enough to support multiple play styles, especially after picking his staff. Should offer a solid build for both players and villain NPCs.[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: June 16, 2011, 05:38:53 PM by Shadowknight12 »

oslecamo

• Grape ape
Conflagration Ooze

[spoiler]
HD:d10
LevelBabFortRefWillFeature
1+0+0+0+0Conflagration Ooze Body, Fire in the Blood, Ooze Grab, +1 Str
2+1+0+0+0Stalking Fire, Sleep Fumes, +1 Str
3+2+1+1+1Conflagration Skin,+1 Str, +1 Con
4+3+1+1+1Slumbering Fumes, +1 Str, +1 Con
5+3+1+1+1Growth, Conflagrating Grab, +1 Str
6+4+2+2+2Toxic Fumes, +1 Str, +1 Con
7+5+2+2+2Paralyzing Fumes, Burning Slam, +1 Str
8+6+2+2+2Death Throes, +1 Str, +1 Con

Skills:
2+int modifier per level, quadruple at 1st level. No class skills.

Proficiencies:It's own natural weapons only

Features:
Conflagration Ooze Body :A Conflagration Ooze loses all other racial bonus and gains the following ooze traits

[spoiler]
-Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
-Blind (but have the blindsight special quality with 60 feet), with immunity to gaze attacks, visual effects, illusions, and other attack forms that rely on sight.
-Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, polymorph, and stunning.
-Not subject to critical hits or flanking.
-Oozes eat and breathe, but do not sleep.
[/spoiler]

It is a medium ooze with 30 base speed and a climb speed of 10 feet, and two natural Slam attacks dealing 1d6+Str mod damage each. It can speak by making the air around vibrate with its body.

The Conflagration Ooze also gains a Nat armor bonus equal to its Con modifier, and the Fire subtype (immunity to fire, +50% damage from cold).

Oozes lack fine manipulation, but can partially meld objects into their own body to carry them and perform simple actions like pulling levers and pressing buttons.

Oozes can use their body as either head+neck slot or body+belt slot. The lantern archon can wear more magic equipment by having it crafted in the form of orbs that float around him like ioun stones, but said custom equipment costs double the normal market price.

Fire in the Blood:
Ooze Grab:
To use this ability, the conflagration ooze must hit with its slam attack. It can then attempt to start a grapple as a free action without provoking attacks of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can attempt to deal slam damage with a successful grapple check. The ooze can also attempt to use fire in the blood against the grappled target.

Ability increase:The Conflagration Ooze gains +1 to Str at every level, and +1 to Con at levels 3, 4, 6, 8, for a total of +8 Str and +4 Con at 8th level.

Stalking Fire: At 2nd level, the Conflagration Ooze gains a bonus on Hide and Move Silently checks equal to its HD.

Sleep Fumes: At 2nd level, the Conflagration Ooze can use Sleep as a SLA 1/day for every HD it has, save DC 10+1/2 HD+Con mod. At 5 HD, he can affect an amount of creature HD with this ability equal to its own HD.

Conflagration Skin: At 3rd level the Conflagration Ooze deals an extra 1d6 fire damage with each of its slams. At 9 HD and every other 6 HD, this increases by an extra 1d6 fire damage. In addition it gains DR/bludgeoding equal to half its own HD.

Slumbering Fumes: at 4th level, the Conflagration Ooze can use Deep slumber as a SLA 1/day for every 2 HD it has, save DC 10+1/2 HD+Con mod. At 6 HD he can affeact an amount of creature HD with this ability equal to twice its own HD.

In addition, the Conflagration Ooze may now spend a swift action when using this or Sleep Fumes. If he does so, the targets get Slowed for 1 round even if they suceed on their saves. If they're immune to sleep, they'll still be Slowed for 1 round if they fail the save.

Growth: At 5th level the Conflagration Ooze grows one size category. It keeps growing during its existence, growing another size category at 10 HD, 15 HD and 20 HD.

Conflagrating Grab:
At 5th level the Conflagration Ooze gains a bonus on Grapple checks equal to half its HD, and now ignores Freedom of Movement effects.

Toxic Fumes: At 6th level the Conflagration Ooze may use Confusion as a SLA for every 3 HD it has, save DC 10+1/2HD+Con mod. At 12 HD he may use this as a swift action, and as an immediate action at 18 HD.

Paralyzing Fumes: At 7th level the Conflagration Ooze may use Hold Monster as a SLA 1/day for every 4 HD it has, save DC 10+1/2 HD+Con mod. At 13 HD this can affect even creatures normally immune to it, but they gain a +5 bonus on their saves.

Burning Slam: At 7th level as a swift action the Conflagration Ooze may cause all its body to burn even hotter for a moment. If its next Slam attack hits, the oponent struck is affected by Fire in the Blood as if it has been grappled by the Conflagration Ooze.

In addition, if the Conflagration Ooze now multiclasses as a casting class, it may count Conflagration Ooze levels for purposes of CL and gaining new spell slots and spell knowns. So for example a Conflagration Ooze 7/sorceror 1 would gain 3 4th level spell slots, 1 3rd level spell slots, 1 4th level spell known,  and one 0th level spell known, all with CL 8. It could also gain a familiar, but Conflagration Ooze levels wouldn't count for it.

The Conflagration Ooze will also cast any Fire spells and SLAs it gains with +2 CL if it ever gains them, and can sprout tendrils to produce somatic components.

Death Throes:

oslecamo

• Grape ape
Shadowknight12:Ok it's a pretty good start but some things stand out right away
-Any +2 to a single ability score should only happen at first level.
-How it is suposed to fight at 1st level? It just has disguise self and pass whitout trace and druid weapons. Sugesting trade one of those for the Charm Person at 2nd level.
-Lesser Enchantment mastery just no. Your DCs will already be pretty high with all the Cha bonus.
-You can say "as class X" for srd classes, but for non-srd classes and monsters, please copy and adapt the abilities or make new ones. In particular with mettle and the oath bounds. Ditto for non-srd spells.
-Usually skill bonus should scale with level.

Shadowknight12

• Monkey bussiness
Shadowknight12:Ok it's a pretty good start but some things stand out right away
-Any +2 to a single ability score should only happen at first level.

Fixed.

-How it is suposed to fight at 1st level? It just has disguise self and pass whitout trace and druid weapons. Sugesting trade one of those for the Charm Person at 2nd level.

Huh. That's a very good point. Traded Pass Without Trace for Charm Person.

-Lesser Enchantment mastery just no. Your DCs will already be pretty high with all the Cha bonus.

Replaced by a slightly enhanced Wild Empathy feature.

-You can say "as class X" for srd classes, but for non-srd classes and monsters, please copy and adapt the abilities or make new ones. In particular with mettle and the oath bounds. Ditto for non-srd spells.

Fair enough, I've replaced Mettle by a will-only version and created a modified Oath Bond version that has a bit more flavour and versatility than the one on the MMIV. I don't think I've included any non-SRD spells.

-Usually skill bonus should scale with level.

Fixed.

Anything else that could use improvement?
« Last Edit: June 13, 2011, 03:02:56 PM by Shadowknight12 »

oslecamo

• Grape ape

Yes, in a more carefull readtrough, I believe it has too many abilities at every level right now.

Now you should avoid dead levels, but you put no less than 2 abilities in each level, plus at least 2 SLAs per level, and then double ability score increase, two good saves progression and strong skill points. You need to cut something down here. Specially when you're also handing out SLAs before a caster would get them (binding in particular). I'm not saying you can't do it, but doing it all at the same time is not good.

I sugest taking out all extra the rogue abilities besides evasion, I don't believe they fit the monster very well as it is more of a caster-type than dodgy rogue.

Then cut down on the SLAs and ability scores a little. In case of doubt, you really shouldn't be handing more than 3-4 things per level, be it SLAs, ability score boost to a single score, or other abilities.

On the other side, I really like your take on the Oath ability, quite flavourful and with potential! :)

One thing I believe would fit well on the oaths would be the "you know if they broke the bond and if they do then you can sense their direction and distance" so you can hunt down those who betray you. :D

Shadowknight12

• Monkey bussiness

Yes, in a more carefull readtrough, I believe it has too many abilities at every level right now.

Now you should avoid dead levels, but you put no less than 2 abilities in each level, plus at least 2 SLAs per level, and then double ability score increase, two good saves progression and strong skill points. You need to cut something down here. Specially when you're also handing out SLAs before a caster would get them (binding in particular). I'm not saying you can't do it, but doing it all at the same time is not good.

Hah, I think now would be a good time to mention that one of my main models was the Movanic Deva class you made, which I've started playing recently (toned down, though. We got rid of a couple of abilities and ditched the SLAs, replacing them with a single spell per level, 1/day, every 2 HD, much like Domains work). They get way more SLAs than anyone else I've seen, so I assumed that multiple SLAs on a monster who has pretty much no other way to attack (Bad BAB, d6 HD, no special attacks, no spells, no gimmicks, druid proficiencies, the monster entry doesn't even have a proper ranged attack despite its huge Dex, etc) wasn't so bad.

I sugest taking out all extra the rogue abilities besides evasion, I don't believe they fit the monster very well as it is more of a caster-type than dodgy rogue.

I removed Uncanny Dodge, Slippery Mind and Improved Uncanny Dodge. I still think Improved Evasion fits the theme well, as it is an improvement on an ability the monster already has (namely, Evasion). Also, a problem with the "caster type" thing is that it's not actually a caster. It has a few Druid SLAs, Evasion, a ton of skills and uses UMD to fire Magic Missiles at the party from a wand. It's actually a lot more "rogue" than it looks at first glance. :p

Then cut down on the SLAs and ability scores a little. In case of doubt, you really shouldn't be handing more than 3-4 things per level, be it SLAs, ability score boost to a single score, or other abilities.

All right. The class now grants a +8 to Dex and a +10 to Cha (instead of +12 and +11 as it did), trimmed down the SLAs (they are now 1 per level except at levels 1 and 2) and got rid of a few abilities. Had to do a major re-organisation of the abilities as a consequence.

I placed Lesser Enchantment Mastery at first level and considered it compensated by the Weakness to Cold Iron. That totals, along with the SLAs, 4 things (not counting Verdant Prince Body). Everything else except level 2 and 9 has 4 things (level 2 has one SLA too many, which I didn't think was too serious, and level 9 has Unchallenged, which gets mostly superseded by the Mind Blank effect at 15 HD, so I also didn't consider it too serious).

On the other side, I really like your take on the Oath ability, quite flavourful and with potential! :)

One thing I believe would fit well on the oaths would be the "you know if they broke the bond and if they do then you can sense their direction and distance" so you can hunt down those who betray you. :D

Thanks! That's a great suggestion, added to all three oath bonds.

Anything else I could improve upon?

oslecamo

• Grape ape
Hah, I think now would be a good time to mention that one of my main models was the Movanic Deva class you made, which I've started playing recently (toned down, though. We got rid of a couple of abilities and ditched the SLAs, replacing them with a single spell per level, 1/day, every 2 HD, much like Domains work). They get way more SLAs than anyone else I've seen, so I assumed that multiple SLAs on a monster who has pretty much no other way to attack (Bad BAB, d6 HD, no special attacks, no spells, no gimmicks, druid proficiencies, the monster entry doesn't even have a proper ranged attack despite its huge Dex, etc) wasn't so bad.
That's a good point, but take a more careful look at some of the SLAs the Monavic Deva gets. Daylight. Create Food and Water. Remove curse/disease. Neutralize poison. They really don't really have much combat potential and/or are very situational. Those count a lot less than stuff like glibness and sugestion. And none of them are a save-or-die like Charm Monster.

Altough I'll admit the 9th level of the Deva was kinda crazy now that I look again at it, so I toned down heavily the number of uses the Monavic Deva gets of her stronger stuff.

Quote from: Kreistor
All right. The class now grants a +8 to Dex and a +10 to Cha (instead of +12 and +11 as it did), trimmed down the SLAs (they are now 1 per level except at levels 1 and 2) and got rid of a few abilities. Had to do a major re-organisation of the abilities as a consequence.
Just to be clear, you need to take in acount how usefull each SLA actually is, as not all spells are equal even if they're tecnically of the same level. You can throw in some extra SLAs as long as they're situational/weak stuff like goodberry. Cure X wounds also isn't that valuable as long as you're not geting them faster than a cleric.

I placed Lesser Enchantment Mastery at first level and considered it compensated by the Weakness to Cold Iron. That totals, along with the SLAs, 4 things (not counting Verdant Prince Body). Everything else except level 2 and 9 has 4 things (level 2 has one SLA too many, which I didn't think was too serious, and level 9 has Unchallenged, which gets mostly superseded by the Mind Blank effect at 15 HD, so I also didn't consider it too serious).
Looking good, the abilities seem to grow much more naturally now.

Thanks! That's a great suggestion, added to all three oath bonds.

Anything else I could improve upon?

Glad you liked it. As for any more improvements, looking at the original monster, I really feel like the class should get some custom magic staff that fires magic missiles (refuffled as super faery fire of course) and gains an enanchment bonus, and auto-recharges daily. Probably at level 7, which seems to be a little weaker than the other levels right now. Many other monsters get SR much earlier, and Call Lighting Storm is cool but really not that powerful, specially when compared with the other stuff the Verdant Prince is geting like Charm Monster and Baleful Polymorph.

Shadowknight12

• Monkey bussiness
That's a good point, but take a more careful look at some of the SLAs the Monavic Deva gets. Daylight. Create Food and Water. Remove curse/disease. Neutralize poison. They really don't really have much combat potential and/or are very situational. Those count a lot less than stuff like glibness and sugestion. And none of them are a save-or-die like Charm Monster.

Altough I'll admit the 9th level of the Deva was kinda crazy now that I look again at it, so I toned down heavily the number of uses the Monavic Deva gets of her stronger stuff.

Hmmmm, I suppose that's a good point, since it varies heavily on the type of game you're playing. If you're in a wilderness/dungeon setting, those spells become invaluable, but in a city-bound adventure, stuff like Create Food and Water and Daylight do become rather useless.

My issue with undervaluing save-or-dies is that they're Enchantment. Enchantment is by far the most gimped school out there. There are undead at every single level, from 1 to 21+, and there are so many things out there with auto-immunity to Mind-Affecting effects. Then you have stuff like Protection from X and Magic Circle Against X that flat out interrupt charm and domination. There are so many other save-or-dies that fit your argument really well, but Enchantment SODs cannot really compare to the big guys of Conjuration, Transmutation and Necromancy.

Hah, well, you can tone the SLAs down a bit on her, because she's fairly competent on her own. She doesn't rely on her SLAs like more squishier monsters do (like the verdant prince!). Movanic Devas aren't really missing out on much there.

Just to be clear, you need to take in acount how usefull each SLA actually is, as not all spells are equal even if they're tecnically of the same level. You can throw in some extra SLAs as long as they're situational/weak stuff like goodberry. Cure X wounds also isn't that valuable as long as you're not geting them faster than a cleric.

Yeah, I'm aware, I just wanted to respect the original entry as much as possible, and it seemed a bit overpowered to add more SLAs (situational or not) than were necessary to fill all 11 levels. Do you think it should have more situational SLAs? I don't really see the need, but they could help round out the class's flavour.

Looking good, the abilities seem to grow much more naturally now.

Excellent!

Glad you liked it. As for any more improvements, looking at the original monster, I really feel like the class should get some custom magic staff that fires magic missiles (refuffled as super faery fire of course) and gains an enanchment bonus, and auto-recharges daily. Probably at level 7, which seems to be a little weaker than the other levels right now. Many other monsters get SR much earlier, and Call Lighting Storm is cool but really not that powerful, specially when compared with the other stuff the Verdant Prince is geting like Charm Monster and Baleful Polymorph.

Grk. I have no idea why it has a staff of all things, when its build clearly screams "ranged combatant." At least it has that wand and the high UMD check, but it doesn't make use of his huge Dexterity score. I do admit that the staff fits the "ruler" symbolism, but it's not even a useful staff. It's specifically stated to be expended, so all he can do with it is smack people on the face. I do find the staff symbolism to be very attractive, though, but I can't think of a way to incorporate it into the class. Mainly because I don't want to force the player to stick to a single specific build or feel like they're not taking advantage of a class feature. I want the staff feature to be a nice complementary addition to whatever the player wants to do with the class, not the default attack method (regardless of whether they're smacking people on the face with it or using it to fire Magic Missile from afar).

A possible idea would be a staff that has an out of combat utility, such as giving him the ability to scry/sense/spy on people that swore oath bonds to him, or that lets him Find The Path, Tree Shape or Speak With Plants/Animals by spending charges (which are renewed depending on the fulfilment of oath bonds? So that the more people the verdant prince has ensnared, the quicker his staff recharges? Something like the Blood charges from the Vampire PrC you have here), or perhaps it enhances some of the other class abilities, so that if he's ever parted from it, his powers are diminished. Or it can serve as a phylactery of sorts. Fey aren't explicitly stated to be mortal, but they're still killable, and it might be a good idea to have a lich-like fey that is so tied to the power of nature that it can return to life unless proper steps are taken.

I've moved Call Lightning Storm earlier and made it /3HD instead of /4HD. Moved SR to level 4, then the skill bonuses to level 9 and Unchallenged to level 8. Or are skill bonuses are also handed out earlier?

Looking forward to more ideas! :D

oslecamo

• Grape ape
My issue with undervaluing save-or-dies is that they're Enchantment. Enchantment is by far the most gimped school out there. There are undead at every single level, from 1 to 21+, and there are so many things out there with auto-immunity to Mind-Affecting effects. Then you have stuff like Protection from X and Magic Circle Against X that flat out interrupt charm and domination. There are so many other save-or-dies that fit your argument really well, but Enchantment SODs cannot really compare to the big guys of Conjuration, Transmutation and Necromancy.
Not exactly. Altough indeed there's a of stuff out there that's immune to enchantment, there's also a lot of stuff that isn't. You don't try to enchant the undead. You mindrape some nearby orcs/giants and get them to smash the undeads. Enchantment has a lot of potential for a good planer and can outright break campaigns when you get control of a key NPC. So altough it doesn't always works, when it  does then it's best than any of the other schools, because you're not only defeating an oponent, you're geting an ally. Did you notice that Charm Monster lasts days? And that there's no cap for how many charmed minions you can have?

Hah, well, you can tone the SLAs down a bit on her, because she's fairly competent on her own. She doesn't rely on her SLAs like more squishier monsters do (like the verdant prince!). Movanic Devas aren't really missing out on much there.
I would quite disagree there. The Monavic Deva's offensive options are Holy smite and hiting people with pointy stuff. Even with full Bab, she needs those SLA buffs, and then she also has quite humble skills, so again SLAs to help round up the utility.

Yeah, I'm aware, I just wanted to respect the original entry as much as possible, and it seemed a bit overpowered to add more SLAs (situational or not) than were necessary to fill all 11 levels. Do you think it should have more situational SLAs? I don't really see the need, but they could help round out the class's flavour.
Well I would like to at least see some minor healing SLAs in the class for flavour and minor utility

Grk. I have no idea why it has a staff of all things, when its build clearly screams "ranged combatant." At least it has that wand and the high UMD check, but it doesn't make use of his huge Dexterity score. I do admit that the staff fits the "ruler" symbolism, but it's not even a useful staff. It's specifically stated to be expended, so all he can do with it is smack people on the face. I do find the staff symbolism to be very attractive, though, but I can't think of a way to incorporate it into the class. Mainly because I don't want to force the player to stick to a single specific build or feel like they're not taking advantage of a class feature. I want the staff feature to be a nice complementary addition to whatever the player wants to do with the class, not the default attack method (regardless of whether they're smacking people on the face with it or using it to fire Magic Missile from afar).

A possible idea would be a staff that has an out of combat utility, such as giving him the ability to scry/sense/spy on people that swore oath bonds to him, or that lets him Find The Path, Tree Shape or Speak With Plants/Animals by spending charges (which are renewed depending on the fulfilment of oath bonds? So that the more people the verdant prince has ensnared, the quicker his staff recharges? Something like the Blood charges from the Vampire PrC you have here), or perhaps it enhances some of the other class abilities, so that if he's ever parted from it, his powers are diminished. Or it can serve as a phylactery of sorts. Fey aren't explicitly stated to be mortal, but they're still killable, and it might be a good idea to have a lich-like fey that is so tied to the power of nature that it can return to life unless proper steps are taken.
I've moved Call Lightning Storm earlier and made it /3HD instead of /4HD. Moved SR to level 4, then the skill bonuses to level 9 and Unchallenged to level 8. Or are skill bonuses are also handed out earlier?

They are. That's half the reason of making them scaling. :p

the_shadowmind

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
I'm thinking about trying to make the Incarnum Dragon class eventually, but it would require MoI to be useful. Since any other way would require creating an entire new Item Magic system, which would take a while and be harder to balance. Some of the Soulborn's melds aren't bad, but the class they are attached to is horrible. Maybe will expanded it to Soulborn+Incarnate melds(matched alignment, and un-aligned only), but at a progression between Incarnate and Soulborn.