Author Topic: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-Taking Requests  (Read 392222 times)

oslecamo

• Grape ape
Re: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use!
« Reply #560 on: May 24, 2011, 08:00:58 PM »
Nycaloth

[Spoiler]HD: d8

LevelBase Attack BonusFort SaveRef SaveWill SaveSpecial
1st
+1
+2
+0
+2
Nycaloth Body, Flank Assault, Darkness
2nd
+2
+3
+0
+3
Yuguloth, Invisibility, +1 Str
3rd
+3
+3
+1
+3
Yuguloth Carapace, Powerful Build, +1 Con
4th
+4
+4
+1
+4
Improved Grab, Mirror Image, +1 Str
5th
+5
+4
+1
+4
Wings, Liftoff, Wounding, See Invisibility
6th
+6/+1
+5
+2
+5
Growth, Rake, Desecrate
7th
+7/+2
+5
+2
+5
Deep Strike, Fear, +1 Con
8th
+8/+3
+6
+2
+6
Death Drop, Greater Invisibility, +1 Str
9th
+9/+4
+6
+3
+6
Wicked Assault, Teleport, +1 Cha, +1 Con
10th
+10/+5
+7
+3
+7
Multi-Armed, True Seeing, +1 Str, +1 Cha, +1 Con
Proficiencies:The nycaloth has proficiency in all simple and martial weapons and light armor and medium armor.

Skill Points: 6+Int mod, quadruple at first level.
Class Skills: Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Diplomacy, Disguise , Hide, Intimidate, Knowledge (any), Listen, Move Silently, Search, Sense Motive, Spellcraft, Spot, Survival, Tumble, Use Magic Device  

Features:

Nycaloth Body: The Nycaloth loses all previous racial and gains the outsider traits (Darkvision 60ft, no need to eat or sleep). It is a medium sized outsider with natural armor bonus equal to its con modifier, and two claw attacks that deal 1d4+str damage each. It has a land speed of 40ft per round.

Flank Assault:
A number of times per day equal to its Cha mod, as a swift action, the Nycaloth may gain a bonus on melee attacks equal to its Con mod against flanked oponents.

Yugoloth Magic:At the levels indicated the Mezzoloth gains some SLAs, each useable a certain number of times per day. DCs are 10+1/2HD+Cha mod.

1-Darkness 1/day per HD. Upgrades to Deeper Darkness at 7th level (level, not HD).
2-Invisibility 1/day per HD.
4-Mirror Image 1/day per 3 HD.
5-See Invisibility 1/day per 2 HD.
6-Desecrate 1/day per 2 HD, except it also benefits evil outsiders as if they were undeads.
7-Fear 1/day per 2 HD. At 12 HD it ignores immunity to fear.
8-Greater Invisibility 1/day per 4 HD.
9-Teleport 1/day per 6 HD. At 13 HD it upgrades to Greater Teleport.
10-True Seeing 1/day per 5 HD.

Ability Bonuses
The Nycaloth gains a +1 to Str at levels 2, 4, 8, 10, a bonus to Con at levels 3, 7, 9, 10, and a bonus to Cha at levels 9, 10, for a total of +4 Str, +4 Con and +2 Cha at level 10.

Yugoloth: At 2nd level the Nycaloth gains a bonus on saves against poison and resistance to acid equal to its HD, and resistance to fire, cold & electricity equal to half HD. It also gains telepathy out to 10 feet per HD.

It also gains the evil subtype, and its natural attacks and any weapon it wields count as evil aligned for purposes of bypassing DR.

Yuguloth Carapace:At 3rd level the Nycaloth gains spell resistance equal to 11+HD and DR/good equal to half its HD. It may drop or rise its SR as a free action at any time as a free action even if it isn't its turn.

Powerful Build:Improved Grab:At 4th level, if a Nycaloth's claw attack hit a creature it may make a grapple attempt as a free action with no attacks of opportunity.

At 8 HD the Nycaloth ignores Freedom of Movement effects.

Wings:At 5th level, the nycaloth gains a fly speed equal to twice its base land speed with good maneuverability. Any increase to the nycaloth's land speed also increases the fly speed.

Liftoff: At 5th level, if the Nycaloth gets a hold on an oponent, it may fly with the the grabbed creature whitout penalty at full speed, provided it does not go over the light load limit. If it goes to the medium load limit, then the Nycaloth may still carry it at half fly speed and taking a -3 penalty on all physical skills. If it goes to the heavy load limit, then the skill penalty increases to -6.

Wounding:Growth:At 6th level, the nycaloth grows one size category. Their powerful build continues to apply.

Rake:
At 6th level the nycaloth that gets a hold on an oponent can make two rake attacks with its hind legs, each dealing 1d6+Str mod damage.

Deep Strike:
At 7th level, a number of times per day equal to its Cha mod, as a fullround action the Nycaloth may perform a charge in wich it moves triple its fly speed and can perform a full attack at the end, as long as the Deep Strike starts in the air and ends on a lower area. Oponents are considered flatfotted against Deep Strike.

Death Drop:At 8th level, a number of times per day equal to its Cha mod, if the Nycaloth has a grabbed oponent and is airborne, as a fullround action it may move up to its base speed and throw the oponent towards an hard surface or an airborne oponent (in this case a sucessul ranged touch attack is needed). The Nycaloth must move at least 20 feet and cannot throw a creature more than 20 feet per HD, unless he's throwing it directly down, in wich case the range is infinite.

If the oponent was thrown against a surface, every creature previously standing on that surface wich ends under or adjacent to the droped creature (and the surface itself) take 1d8 damage per HD of the droped creature and be dazed for 1 round. A sucessfull reflex save with DC 10+1/2HD+Str mod halves the damage and negates the daze. The droped creature itself is splatered in pieces unless it suceeds on a reflex save with the same DC. Even if it suceeds, it still takes 1d8 damage per HD of the Nycaloth and is dazed for 1 round.

If the oponent was thrown against another creature, then count said creature as the surface.

Wicked Assault:At 9th level number of times per day equal to its HD, when performing a charge, the Nycaloth may use one of it's SLAs as a swift action.

Multi-Armed:At 10th level, the Nycaloth's extra arms become functional. This means they can take the multiweapon fighting feat. If they had two weapon fighting prior to gaining this ability, the two weapon fighting feat changes into multiweapon fighting. Also, they kill things with four arms. Great, no?

[/Spoiler]

Comments
[Spoiler]
verhaul of the mezzoloth, done somewhat too long ago. Reduced to 10 levels as the Mezzoloth is CR 10, re-organized abilities, put some stuff to fill in dead levels.

Decided to focus on the "lift oponents and then drop them" side, wich personally I believe its wicked cool.

Original here.
[/Spoiler]

Contributed by Frog Dragon from GITP

oslecamo

• Grape ape
and just a cosmetic word issue, you say the imp can change into a mudane creature to avoid attracting attention, I'm not sure a gargantuan spider is mundane  :P
At the level you're able to do it, gargantuan spiders can probably pass as background between tarrasques and pit fiends. :p

You didn't do this monster, but on the mezzoloth, under the SLAs it doesn't give uses per day individually, just up on the table. And it could be taken that you could only use the lesser 1/day, moderate 2/day, and greater 3/day. With no uses given for the SLAs gained after all levels in the class have been taken. The restriction of needing Greater Muzzoloth magic is only on cloudkill by the text, and should teleport be replaced by greater teleport instead of it having both? The Nycoloth right after has a clearer table and chart in regards to the SLAs, but the order of abilities granted is out of order. Lists the abilities gained in the order of: 8, 6, 5, 7, 11, 9, 13
Those two were seriously outdated, including the wrong number of levels. As you may notice I cleaned and overhauled them.

Just a not on the displacer beast you mention
it gains +1 cha at level 3, but then don't list the cha bonus in the ending totals, and the +1 to cha is not on the chart.
Cha bonus just a remain from an earlier version, removed.

With the hell hound's savage ability:
Savage: When a third level hell hound drops an opponent in melee(usually by reducing it to negative hit points or tripping it) the hell hound can tear into the downed enemy, dealing the same damage as its bite attack, including fire damage.
is this done as a free action in response to an enemy dropping, or as an extra attack like the one granted by improved trip or an attack of opportunity?
Free action, clarified. And also allowed the Hound's howl to pierce fear-immunity at higher levels since I was at it.

So the earth elemental doesn't have to stay at the nice big inconvenient huge size all the time? That's actually pretty cool.
Thank you, that's one idea of mine I'm quite proud off. You'll notice the air and fire elementals also have it. :)

On the earth asunder move, should it be a reflex save instead of a balance check? I know thematically the balance makes sense, but with only a few classes ever getting balance and fewer still taking enough ranks to make it matter, this becomes almost a you lose check, including stunning with no save. Player's would probably be happier with a reflex save to try and avoid, with the conditional modifiers being placed on depending on how hard you failed.
If you're 9th level whitout flying or Balance of sorts and also dumped dex, you deserve to get stunned if you ask me. This is, assuming a +8 Con bonus, at 9th level the DC is 22. You roll 10 for your balance check, at least +5 bonus from the ranks you put against grease, at least +1 Dex bonus, you're just failing by 6 on average, wich just means prone+damage.

At higher levels it gets even harder to make oponents stay on the ground, so if the earth elemental does manage to pull this off, let it stun his oponents.

There is no listed save for earth's embrace, nor is it stated that the creature runs out of air, although that should be assumed. Finally there is no stated method of getting free, I'm assuming a Freedom spell could do it, but needing a 9th level spell for a 10th Hit Die ability seems a bit overpowered.
Clarified the save. The nonlethal damage/pure damage every minute is there to represent the air running out. Put clause about allies being able to free them trough digging.

b100d_arrowz

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
At the level you're able to do it, gargantuan spiders can probably pass as background between tarrasques and pit fiends.  :p
Hmmm you may be right, especially if there's giant floating cloaks and mountains joining the tarrasque and pit fiend  :D
As you may notice I cleaned and overhauled them.
Excellent, revisions much clearer then the previous ones.
Thank you, that's one idea of mine I'm quite proud off. You'll notice the air and fire elementals also have it.  :)
It thematically makes sense and would be quite fun to see, imagine the poor little group of adventures trying to talk down on the wee bitty fire elemental, and whoosh! he turns huge and incinerates the surrounding areas  :smirk
If you're 9th level whitout flying or Balance of sorts and also dumped dex, you deserve to get stunned if you ask me. This is, assuming a +8 Con bonus, at 9th level the DC is 22. You roll 10 for your balance check, at least +5 bonus from the ranks you put against grease, at least +1 Dex bonus, you're just failing by 6 on average, wich just means prone+damage.

At higher levels it gets even harder to make oponents stay on the ground, so if the earth elemental does manage to pull this off, let it stun his oponents.
True true, just made me laugh at the thought of throwing this against my players, half of them would actually succeed... because they all love playing monks  :banghead but the rest of them  :devil
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

the_shadowmind

On the Tarrasque's stomp ability, is say the radius is equal to the Tarrasque's face. Did you mean space?

b100d_arrowz

• Email
On the Tarrasque's stomp ability, is say the radius is equal to the Tarrasque's face. Did you mean space?
My player and I took it to mean one side of the tarrasque's space, i.e. one side of the massive square he's in.
I'm delirious from lack of sleep, but am sustained by the power of the Gatling Gun!

78% of DM's started their first campaign in a tavern. If you're one of the 22% that didn't, copy and paste this into your signature.

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
Midgard Dwarf

Mechanics:
[spoiler]
Midgard Dwarf
Hit Dice: d8
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Special
1     +1  +2   +0  +0   Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Master Smith(Ex), Item Crafter(ex), Trapfinding, +1 con, Dwarf Body
2     +2  +3   +0  +0   Spell Resistance, +1 con, +1 str
3     +3  +3   +1  +1   Craft Wondrous Item, Dwarfish Strength, +1 con
4     +4  +4   +1  +1   Alternate Form, +1 con, +1 str
5     +5  +4   +1  +1   Forge Ring, Bestow Curse (Sp) 1/day, +1 con

Skills:8+int modifier per level, quadruple at 1st level.Class skills are; Appraise, Bluff, Concentration, Craft, Diplomacy, Disable Device, Intimidate, Knowledge (all), Hide, Listen, Move Silently, Profession, Open Lock, Use Magic device, Sense Motive, Search, Spellcraft, and Spot.

Dwarf body: The Midgard Dwarf loses all other racial bonuses, and gains the Outsider (Native) type and subtype, small size, 60 foot darkvision, and a base land speed of 20 feet. They also count as a dwarf for all race related effects. You are proficient with light and medium armors and shields, excluding tower shields and simple and martial weapons, as well as any weapons, armor, or shields you craft yourself.
Craft Magic Arms and Armor, Craft Wondrous Item, Forge Ring: As the feats.
Trapfinding: As rogue.
Master Smith(Ex): For any crafting feat they have they are considered to meet all other prerequisites when making items of that type, as long as the required caster level is equal or less than their HD+1.
Item Crafter(ex): Midguard Dwarves have a racial bonus equal to their hd for all craft skills and 1/2 HD for use magic device.
Spell Resistance: SR equal to 10+HD. Can be raised or lowered as a free action.
Dwarfish Strength: The Midguard Dwarf can move at his speed even when wearing medium or heavy armor or when carrying a medium or heavy load.
Bestow Curse: As the spell, but with medium range, or unlimited range for someone who has wronged them (must be on the same plane, only one curse per infraction). 1/day per 4 HD save DC is 10+1/2 HD+Con Modifier, caster level equal to HD.
Alternate Form(Su): At 4'nd level as a standard action the midguard dwarf can transform into a Badger or Raven. This works as wildshape, except that you do not regain hit-points and there is no daily use limit.[/spoiler]

Comments
[spoiler]
If you want to be artificer lite then the Midguard Dwarf is for you. The high skill points are because they are supposed to be wise and smart but I dropped their mental boosts.
[/spoiler]
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

b100d_arrowz

• Email
Is there a reason the LeShay gets no bonuses to its attributes? I think it is the only class that's presented without some kind of bonus.

Also just a completion type error, I know red dragon is the first monster class presented, but there isn't a link to it under the dragon section.
« Last Edit: May 25, 2011, 04:16:56 AM by b100d_arrowz »

oslecamo

• Grape ape

Yes. Clarified it now.

Catty Nebulart:Excellent work there, glad to see you found a fiting image and everything! Added to the Index! :D

Is there a reason the LeShay gets no bonuses to its attributes? I think it is the only class that's presented without some kind of bonus.

Also just a completion type error, I know red dragon is the first monster class presented, but there isn't a link to it under the dragon section.
Because I believed the LeShay's first levels were already too filled with abilities to make up space for ability scores. But looking at the higher levels I guess some ability boosts would help since the Leshay is still a squishy medium creature. Put some bonus to Dex and Cha on him.

b100d_arrowz

• Email
Because I believed the LeShay's first levels were already too filled with abilities to make up space for ability scores. But looking at the higher levels I guess some ability boosts would help since the Leshay is still a squishy medium creature. Put some bonus to Dex and Cha on him.
That is what I figured, I mean getting permanent magic weapons in anything you can wield starting at level 2 is pretty nice, it was just strange seeing nothing added in later for its abilities.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
How about making a Cheshire cat?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #570 on: May 26, 2011, 10:10:36 AM »
Cheshire Cat

[spoiler]
HD:d4

LevelBABFortRefWillFeature
1+0+0+0+2Chesire Cat Body, Cat Magic, Cat Skills, Eschew Materials, Cha+1, Dex+1, Str-2
2+1+0+0+3Partial Invisibility, +1 Dex
3+1+1+1+3Controled Invisibility, Maddening Smile, +1 Cha
Skills:6+Int modifier per level, Class skills are Balance, Bluff, Climb, Concentration, Diplomacy, Escape Artist, Hide, Jump, Listen, Knowledge(any) Move Silently, Perform, Sense Motive, Search, Spellcraft, Spot and Tumble.

Proficiencies: A Chesire Cat is proficient with its own natural weapons only.

Features:

Chesire Cat Body: A chesire cat loses all other racial bonus and gains fey traits (basically low light vision). It is a small sized fey with base speed of 30 feet, two natural claw attacks dealing 1d2+Str mod damage each and a bite attack dealing 1d3+1/2 Str mod damage. It can talk, and altough its paws are unable of fine manipulation, they're still able to provide somatic components for spellcasting.

Cat Magic: a chesire cat can cast spells as a sorceror of its Chesire cat level. This stacks with normal sorceror spellcasting. At first level, and every time its sorceror casting increases, it must learn at least one spell from the Enchantment or Illusion school.

Cat Skills: A Cheshire cat receives a bonus on Balance, Climb, Hide, Jump, and Move Silently checks equal to its HD. In areas of tall grass or heavy undergrowth, its Hide bonus is doubled. Like a normal cat, it also receives a +8 racial bonus on Balance checks and uses its Dexterity modifier for Climb and Jump checks.

Eschew Materials: A Chesire Cat gains Escew Materials as a bonus feat.

Ability Score bonus:
A Chesire cat gains +1 to Dex and Cha and -2 to Str at first level. It gains +1 to Dex at 2nd level and +1 to Cha at 3rd level for a total of +2 Dex, +2 Cha and -2 Str at 3rd level.

Partial Invisibility:
At 2nd level as a standard action the Chesire Cat may become partially invisible, making selected parts of its body disapear. This grants it concealment (20% miss chance and can hide whitout having anything to actualy hide behind). Going back to normal is another standard action. Chesire cats love to leave only their smiles visible to disturb oponents. See Invisibility cannot bypass this effect, but True Seeing can. At 8 HD not even True Seeing can bypass this effect.

Controled Insivibility:At 3rd level as a standard action the Chesire Cat may use Invisibility as a SLA 1/day per HD. Unlike normal invisibility, it can only be beaten by See Invisibility if the observer is at least whitin 10 feet from the Chesire Cat, but it can still be beaten by True Seeing.

At 8 HD the Chesire Cat can use six uses of this ability to use Improved Invisibility as a SLA instead (the bonus against see Insivisibility still applies)

At 11 HD even True Seeing can only beat this effect if the observer is at least whitin 10 feet of the Chesire Cat.

At 14 HD while Invisible the Chesire Cat is completely immune to all scrying and indirect divination methods, plus special senses like Blindsight, Mindsight, Whateversight and other similars only detect the Chesire Cat if it is whitin 10 feet of the observer.

Maddening Smile:The Chesire Cat is adept at making its oponents question their own sanity with its unique smile. At 3rd level, while a Chesire cat has only its smile visibile, the DC of any Illusion and Enchantment spells from it are increased by 1. If the Chesire cat sucessfully feinted the oponent, the DC of Illusion and Enchantment spells is increased by an extra 1.

At 11 HD  True Seeing and similar effects that would automatically pierce illusions only work against the Chesire Cat's illusion spells  if the user is whitin 10 feet of the illusion itself.

At 12 HD the Chesire Cat spells ignore immunity to mind-affecting, but oponents with such immunity still gain a +5 bonus on their saves against such spells.

The above bonus only apply while the Chesire cat leaves only its smile visibile. Turning itself completely invisible or remaining hidden removes the bonus.
[/spoiler]

Comments
[spoiler]
Well this one looked relatively simple and fun so I quickly did it during lunch time.

A clear homage to the cat from Alice in Wonderland, the Chesire Cat is more of a magic creature than a cat.

Full sorceror casting is somewhat compensated for having no hands and needing to invest in Illusion/Enchantment spells .

d4 HD and a single good save is quite squishy but good skills help supporting your spellcasting.

The infamous partial invisibility comes online at 2nd level, and then the capstones are total invisibility (wich ends up scaling to real total invisibility) and a boost to screw over your oponents with illusions and enchantments. Do notice you have to remain partially visibile to gain the bigger bonus.

So if you want to play a disturbing cat that messes up with people's mind, the Chesire's cat for you!
[/spoiler]

b100d_arrowz

• Email
Error alert, on the iron golem you say
Breath Weapon: At 6th level, as a swift action, the golem can produce a cone with 5 feet per 3 HD of poisonous gas lasting 1 round, once every 1d4+1 rounds. Initial damage 1d4 Con, secondary damage 3d4 Con, Fortitude DC 1+1/2HD+Str mod negates.
Got 1+1/2HD+str mod instead of 10+1/2HD+str mod :(

Did the multi-headed creature stop gaining a bonus to its good save for a reason? Or should it continue the progression all the way to +12 at 20th level?

Some confusion with the Orange Dragon's breath attack.
An orange dragon's breath weapon is a bizarre mixture of oily saliva and a deadly, explosive compound, affecting a cone with 30 feet plus 5 feet per HD. When this compound is exposed to water or air, it detonates in a ferocious explosion. The dragon's oily saliva shields this mixture, but it quickly evaporates. Once it is gone, the compound explodes. The orange dragon breathes this mixture in a line. Any creature caught in this area is covered with its sticky, gooey breath.
You open by saying the breath weapon is a cone, but then say it breaths the mixture in a line... either way it looks like a bit of fun, but which one is it?
« Last Edit: May 26, 2011, 04:53:29 PM by b100d_arrowz »

Catty Nebulart

• Curious George
    • Email
Catty Nebulart:Excellent work there, glad to see you found a fitting image and everything! Added to the Index! :D

Thank you, I couldn't have done it without your guidelines and help.

EDIT: New request, I'd like to see an Urskan from frostburn. Bear People seem neat but severely over LA'd.
« Last Edit: May 27, 2011, 08:02:26 PM by Catty Nebulart »
E: "Did they... did they just endorse the combination of the JSDF and US Army by showing them as two lesbian lolicons moving in together and holding hands and talking about how 'intimate' they were?"
B: "Have you forgotten so soon? They're phasing out Don't Ask, Don't Tell."

oslecamo

• Grape ape
Daelkyr

[spoiler]
HD:d8
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Feature
1+1 +2+0 +2Daelkyr body, Corrupting Touch, +1 Str 
2+2+3+0 +3Daelkyr, Breed War Symbiot
3+3+3+1+3Daelkyr Flesh, Daelkyr Operation, +1 Con
4+4+4 +1+4 Personal Creation
5+5+4+1+4Flesh Poet, +1 Int
6+6+5+2+5Breed Symbiot, Alien Mind
7+7+5+2+5Flesh Musician, +1 Str
8+8+6+2+5Master of Flesh, Great operation, +1 Con
9+9+6+3+6Flesh Sculptor, +1 Int
10+10+7+3 +7Breed Symbiot, Aura of Madness
11+11+7+3+7Flesh Artist, +1 Str
12+12+8+4+8Horror Legion, +1 Con
13+13+8+4+8 Revolutionary Operation, +1 Int
14+14+9+4+9 Breed Symbiot, +1 Str, +1 Con
15+15+9+5+9 Flesh Sculpture, +1 Int
16+16+10+5+10 Flesh Conversion, +1 Str
17+17+10+5+10 Instant Operation, +1 Con, +1 Int
18+18+11+6 +11 Breed Symbiot, +1 Str, +1 Con, +1 Int
19+19+11 +6 +11 Aura of Insanity, +1 Str, +1 Con, +1 Int
20+20+12 +6 +12 Gate to Madness, +1 Str, +1 Con, +1 Int
Skills: 6+int modifier per level, quadruple at 1st level, all skills are class skills for a Daelkyr.

Proficiencies:Simple and martial weapons, its own natural weapons.

Features:

Daelkyr body:The Daelkyr loses all other racial bonus and gains outsider traits (basicaly darkvision 60 feet). It's a medium sized outsider with base speed 40 feets and one natural slam attack dealing 1d3+1,5 Str mod damage. Unlike normal natural weapons, the Daelkyr may perform iterative attacks with its Slam attack.

The Daelkyr also gains a bonus to Nat armor equal to his Con modifier.

Ability increase:The Daelkyr gains +1 Str at levels 1, 7, 11, 14, 16, 18, 19, 20

The Daelkyr gains +1 Con at levels 3, 8, 12, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20

The Daelkyr gains +1 Int at levels 5, 9,  13, 15,  17, 18,  19, 20

For a total of +8 Str, +8 Con, +8 Int at 20th level.

Corrupting Touch:Daelkyr:At 2nd level the Daelkyr gains immunity to transmutation, and a bonus on saves against mind-affecting effects, poison and disease equal to its HD. The Daelkyr also gains the evil  subtype and his weapons/natural attacks count as evil for bypassing DR.

Breed War Symbiot : At 2nd level the Daelkyr learns how to breed a living piece of equipment for both personal use and its minions, a War Symbiot

War Symbiot base stats
[spoiler]
All War Symbiots are tiny aberrations with Str 1, Dex 1, Con 10, Int+1d6, Wis 10+1d6, Cha+1d6, Natural armor of +3, DR 10/cold iron, one single HD (d8) providing a base +2 to Reflex and Will saves and (2+Int mod)x4 Skill points, no class skills and base speed 10 feet.

War Symbiots take item slots and can be used by any willing living creature. They only take a fullround action to equip as they embrace the host unless they're weapons, in which case grabbing them is enough. While bonded, they count as items for all combat purposes. Even when they replicate armor or weapons, War Symbiots don't demand any specific proficiencies to use to full effect. They automatically adapt to the size of the user.

Telepathy-All War Symbiot can telepathically comunicate with their current hosts.

Bonding Tendrils- An equiped War Symbiot digs its tendrils into the host's body to draw sustenance, inflicting one negative level on the host, even if it would be normally immune to negative levels. This negative level cannot be removed by any means except removing the War Symbiot, which takes the same action as equiping it. The only exception to this rule is the Daelkyr using a War Symbiot it breeded itself.

On the other hand, the Bonding Tendrils also make impossible for War Symbiots to be disarmed, but they can still be sundered.

Dominate Host- A symbiot which dislikes its behaviour atitude may atempt to dominate it once per hour. The save DC is 11+Sum of all mental stat mods and works as a Dominate Monster effect that lasts for 24 hours, except it bypasses any mind-affecting immunities. The Daelkyr which breeded the War symbiot is however immune to this ability. A War Symbiot will always try to dominate the host if it turns against the Daelkyr that created it. But otherwise it has its own mind and will rather obey its host than the Daelkyr as long as well treated.

[/spoiler]

War Symbiot list
[spoiler]

Second Skin

[spoiler]
When bonded, this symbiote works as a suit of light armor with the following stats:
-Armor bonus of 2+1/4 HD of the user.
-Armor check penalty of 0 and 0% arcane spell failure chance.
-No max dexterity bonus.
-Grants an enanchment bonus to Dex equal to 1/3 HD of the user.
-Automatically stablizes host when they drop to negative HP.
-Has the Glamered property.
-Allows the wearer to use the Hide skill whitout actually having anything to hide behind.
[/spoiler]

Living Breastplate

[spoiler]
When bonded, this symbiote works as a suit of medium armor with the following stats:
-Armor bonus of 5+1/4 HD of the user.
-Armor check penalty of -2 and 15% arcane spell failure chance.
-Maximum Dexterity bonus of +5
-Grants DR/cold iron equal to 1/2 HD of the user.
-Grants an enanchment bonus to Con equal to 1/3 HD of the user.
-Grants Light Fortification.
[/spoiler]

Bonding Exoskeleton

[spoiler]
When bonded, this symbiote works as a suit of medium armor with the following stats:
-Armor bonus of 8+1/4 HD of the user.
-Armor check penalty of -4 and 30% arcane spell failure chance.
-Maximum Dexterity bonus of +1.
-Grants DR/cold iron equal to the HD of the user.
-Grants an enanchment bonus to Str equal to 1/3 HD of the user.
-Grants Medium Fortification.

[/spoiler]

Tentacle Whip
[spoiler]
When bonded, this symbiote fills one of the user's hands.
-Same stats as a whip, except it deals lethal damage, never provokes attacks of oportunity for attacking, and always threatens the area where you can attack.
-Can attack once per turn as a free action using the user's stats, or be used as a normal weapon (not both on the same round tough).
-Counts as a magic weapon for bypassing DR and affecting ethereal/incorporeal creatures.
-Tentacle whips can channel melee touch spells and abilities and any other abilities that would trigger with a sucessful hit from the used hand.
-Bonus to attack rolls equal to 1/4 HD of the user, and no penalties for being used by an off-hand.
-The user gains gains a  bonus on an opposed attack roll made to disarm an opponent equal to the user's HD, and an equal bonus bonus on a Strength check made to trip an opponent. The wielder does not provoke attacks of opportunity when attempting to trip or disarm, and he cannot be tripped or disarmed if he fails his attempt.
-Sucessful hits from the tentacle Whip inflicts Poison dealing 1d2 Dex damage, Fort save DC 10+1/2 HD of the user+User's Con mod. This damage increases one die size for every 6 HD of the User. At 10 HD it can affect even creatures normally immune to it, but they gain a +5 bonus on their saves.
-For every 5 HD of the user, the reach of the tentacle whip increases by an extra 5 feet.

[/spoiler]

Tongue WormBreed Leech
[spoiler]
This War symbiot takes no item slot, just needing to attach itself to some piece of naked skin.
-While a breed leech is attached to a creature, the host is flooded with bolstering chemicals. The supercharged host gains 3+2 per HD of the host bonus hit points per day (which replace any leftover bonus hit points granted by the breed leech on the previous day) and a +1 bonus on Fortitude saves plus an extra +1 per 4 HD of the host.
-If the creature is pregnant, the bolstering chemicals corrupt the new life, turning the unborn child into a random aberration which will tend to CE alignment and be at least friendly towards the Daelkyr.
[/spoiler]

Shadow Sibling
[spoiler]
A shadow sibling settles around its host like a second skin (but not taking any item slot), granting the host protection from some physical attacks.
-While wearing a shadow sibling, a creature can gain 50% concealment against any single attack as an immediate action. You must decide whether to use this benefit before you know the result of the attack roll.
The creature can use this ability a number of times per day equal to its Constitution modifier (minimum once per day). This concealment has no effect against weapons or effects that ignore the miss chance of incorporeal creatures (such as force effects or weapons enhanced with the ghost touch special ability). Using this ability does not provoke attacks of opportunity.
-Moreover, a shadow sibling partly blocks ambient light, giving the host creature and its equipment a shadowy appearance even in full daylight. This effect grants the host
a circumstance bonus on Hide checks equal to half its HD.
-As an attack action the host can make a disrupting melee touch attack dealing 1d6 untyped damage. This damage increases one die size for every 4 HD of the host.
-At 10 HD, the host can turn itself fully incorporeal for 1 round as an immediate action instead of just 50% concealment.
-At 15 HD the incorporeality can last up to 1 minute per use instead of 1 round, ending it is a free action.
-At 20 HD there's no time limit to the incorporeality duration.

[/spoiler]

Storm StalkThrowing ScarabWinter CystDaelkyr Flesh: At 3rd level the Daelkyr gains Fast Healing equal to half it's HD and SR equal to 11+HD. It may rise or drop its SR as a free action at any time even if it isn't its turn.

Daelkyr Operation: At 3rd level the Daelkyr learns how to perform questionable chirurgies which involve an assortment of knives, saws, chunks of flesh and lots of blood. Each one takes 8 hours and grants one of the following

[spoiler]
Claws: two of the subject's hands become claws dealing 1d6+Str mod, which can still be used for fine manipulation. If the subject already had claws they now deal damage as if they were one size category bigger.

Sharp Extremes: the subject gains either a gore or bite attack dealing 1d8+ 1/2 Str mod. If the subject already had one of those, it now deals damage as if they were one size category bigger.

Fast: The subject's movement speeds increase by 10 feet.

Scaly Skin: The subject's Natural armor increases by 2.

Superior: one of the subject's ability scores increases by 1.

Sharp Nose: the subject gains the Scent standard ability.

Skillful: the subject gains a +4 bonus on all checks with a single skill chosen at the moment of the operation.

Plastic Chirurgy: the subject gains a +10 bonus on disguise checks to pass as a specifific creature chosen at the time of the operation. Alternatively, the subject gains a +20 bonus on disguise checks to prevent others from figuring out its own identity.

[/spoiler]
Whatever the choice, the subject of the operation has its max HP permanently reduced by 1 HP per 2 HD of the subject itself(minimum 1). Diferent operations stack, but so do the max HP reductions. The Daelkyr can "reverse" operations with another 8 hours of work.

Alternatively, the Daelkyr may operate the subject for just minor cosmetic changes like skin color change, hair implants and removing signs. Those don't provide any mechanical bonus but neither do they reduce the subject's HP.

The Daelkyr cannot operate itself.

Personal Creation:At 4th level, the Daelkyr experiments produce a specimen with superior powers that doesn't die on the same day, so the Daelkyr dedicates itself to making sure it grows big and strong.

Treat this as a cohort of level -2 of the Daelkyr using either the Beholder or Mind Flayer monster classes with the elite array of stats and no equipment of its own. Once all the base monster levels are taken, it can take either template/prc-monster classes for which it qualifies or normal levels.

If it dies, the Daelkyr can "rebuild" it with one week of work.

Depending on the campaign and background of the character, other monsters may be used for Personal Creation, with DM's aproval.

Flesh Poet:
At 5th level the Daelkyr can use Haste, Lesser Confusion and Slow as SLAs 1/day per 2 HD, save DCs 10+1/2HD+Int mod.

It may use its Lesser Confusion as a swift action.

At 10 HD its Lesser Confusion can affect creatures normally immune to it, but they gain a +5 bonus on their saves.

At 15 HD it may use Lesser Confusion as an immediate action.

Alien Mind:The mind of a daelkyr is a labyrinth that can swallow the thoughts of lesser creatures. At 6th level any creature who attempts to read the thoughts of a daelkyr or otherwise
study its mind must make a DC 10+1/2 HD+Int mod Will save or suffer the effect of an Insanity spell.

The Daelkyr also becomes fully immune to mind-affecting spells and effects.

Flesh Musician:At 7th level the Daelkyr can use Dimension Door, Polymorph and Confusion as SLAs 1/day per 3 HD, save DCs 10+1/2HD+Int mod.

At 12 HD its Confusion can affect creatures normally immune to it, but they gain a +5 bonus on their saves.

At 17 HD it may use its Dimension Door as a move action, and can use any remaining actions it has left after it.

Master of Flesh:At 8th level the Daelkyr becomes fully immune to poison, ability damage and drain and diseases.

Great Operation: At 8th level the Daelkyr can perform even more risky operations. This works as Daelkyr operation, except it takes 16 hours and reduces the subject's max HP by 1 per each HD of the subject itself.

[spoiler]
Wings: The subject gains a fly speed equal to its base speed with average maneuverability. If it already had a fly speed, its maneuverability increases by one step. If it was already perfect, then the fly speed increases by 20 feet.

War Tentacle: the subject gains one tentacle which can be used as a natural weapon dealing 1d4+Str mod damage for a medium creature and can perform basic manipulation like moving items, trip, grapple, disarms, but not complex manipuation like wielding weapons or shields and activating magic items.

Skeleton reinforce:
the subject gains the powerful build trait. If it already had it, instead it loses it and grows one size category, but its ability scores and natural armor don't change.

Skeleton Reducement: the subject gains the slight build trait (as powerful build, but counting as one size category smaller). If it already had it, instead it loses it and is reduced one size category, but its ability scores and natural armor don't change.

Specialized: As skillful, but the skill bonus is +8.

[/spoiler]

Flesh Sculptor:at 9th level 1/day per 4 HD, the Daelkyr may use Baleful Polymorph, Feeblemind and Mind Fog as SLAs. Save DCs are 10+1/2 HD+Int mod.

At 13 HD its Feeblemind and Mind Fog can affect creatures normally immune to it, but they gain a +5 bonus on their saves.

Aura of Madness:Flesh Artist At 11th level 1/day per 5 HD the Daelkyr may use Flesh to Stone, Flesh to Stone and Insanity as SLAs, save DCs are 10+1/2HD+Int mod.

At 14 HD its Insanity SLA can affect creatures normally immune to it, but they gain a +5 bonus on their saves.

At 17 HD it may use its Insanity SLA as a swift action.

At 20 HD it may use its Insanity SLA as an immediate action.

Horror Legion: At 12th level the Daelkyr learns how to twist other living creatures into its own servants. This demands 24 hours of work and at least one helpless or petrified creature, the details of which are unique to each Daelkyr but always messy to the extreme.

When the process ends the subject creature loses all its previous levels and HD and related abilities, replaces its stats with Elite Array, and gains an amount of levels in either the Tsochar, Beholder, Mind Flayer or Medusa monster classes equal to its previous CR, up to the Daelkyr's HD-6. The Daelkyr may stitch togheter several victims into a single servant of level equal to their combined CR.

If all the levels on the base monster class were taken, the servant may take template class levels it qualifies for untill it reaches the cap of Daelkyr HD-6.

Their alignment changes to CE, and the Daelkyr may control a number of such servants equal to its Int mod, with any servants over this limit running away and then spreading terror and destruction to satisfy their own destructive lusts. Daelkyr's aren't shy of creating servants over its control limit just to set them free to spread pain and suffering.

Depending on the campaign and background of the character, other monsters may be used for Personal Horror Legion, with DM's aproval.

Revolutionary Operation: At 13th level the Daelkyr may perform even more audacious operations. This works as Daelkyr operation, except it takes 24 hours and reduces the subject's max HP by 2 per each HD of the subject itself.

[spoiler]
Extra Arm: The subject gains one extra arm that can be used to perform fine manipulation or as a natural Slam attack dealing 1d6+Str mod damage for a medium creature.

Flexible Limb: One of the subject's natural weapons reach is doubled and it gains a +4 bonus on grapple, trip and disarm atempts. Grapples performed with that limb also ignore freedom of movement effects.

Overspecialized: As skillful, but the skill bonus is +12.

Better:One of the subject's ability scores increases by 2.

Growth Stimulus: The subject grows one size category, but its ability scores and natural armor don't change.

Shrink:The subject becomes one size smaller, but its ability scores and natural armor don't change.

[/spoiler]

Flesh Sculpture:At 15th level the Daelkyr can use Polymorph any Object as a SLA 1/day per 6 HD. Save DC is 10+1/2HD+Int mod.

At 20 HD it may also use its Polymorph any Object SLA as a swift action.

Flesh Conversion:At 16th level whenever an oponent fails a save against a Transmutation SLA from the Daelkyr, the Daelkyr may choose to instantly convert them in a servant as in the Horror Legion ability.

In this case, even if the new servant would exceed the Daelkyr's max number of servants, it still remains under control for 1d6 rounds before running away.

Instant Operation: At 17th level the Daelkyr may perform a Daelkyr Operation on an adjacent willing creature as a free action 1/round even if it isn't its turn, a Greater Operation as a swift action and a Revolutionary operation as a standard action. Reversing it still takes the normal time tough.

The Daelkyr may also use this on adjacent oponents by suceeding on a melee attack as a free action as part of the Instant Operation.

Aura of Insanity:Gate to Madness:For a Daelkyr, destroying worlds is a form of art. At 20th level, it may create a Gate to Madness 1/day.

This works as a Gate SLA that only works for the Planar Travel form and doesn't demand concentration to maintain, but only lasts while the Daelkyr remains whitin 500 feet from it, up to 24 hours. While it lasts, whenever one of the Daelkyr's servants(even those under its direct control) or personal Experiment dies, it automatically reforms at full capacity at the Gate to Madness. Creatures trying to pass trough the Gate of Madness whitout the Daelkyr's permission are permanently rendered insane whitout save (even if they're immune to mind-affecting), but any creature aproaching the gate is aware of this effect as they feel their minds slipping away, and may willingly stop at any time. This won't stop the Daelkyr and its minions from trying to push oponents trough the gate to drive them crazy however.

Slaying the Daelkyr ends this effect, but in the moment before its death it is instantly moved to the other side of the Gate of Madness before it closes, with at least 1 HP and all ill effects removed from it.

[/spoiler]

Comments:
[spoiler]
Damn this one was tough.

Funny thing about the Daelkyr, their "official" crunch isn't that hot. The top SLA they have is POA, and then most of the abilities that make them look so cool in the fluff like breeding beholders and mind flayers are left right there in the fluff.

Well not on my watch! The Daelkyr class is all about breeding your own aberrations and then performing crazy experiments on them and then experimenting on whatever creatures are unlucky enough to cross your path and your allies if you can persuade them. Interestingly enough, Daelkyrs aren't so hot about changing themselves, but considering the mind-shattering typic result of their experiments, I can't really blame them.

You'll notice I made the class Int focused since Daelkyrs seem to be more crazy scientist than crazy overlord. They get all skills as class skills because the original monster has more skills that you can shake a tentacle whip at.

Anyway by itself the Daelkyr only has some SLAs and solid physic stats and fast healing, but then can greatly augment itself with War Symbiots. You also get a personal flesh horror pet at 4th level and eventually mass-produced expendable minions, and smaller operations to customize them at your will. Your allies can choose to join the freak show if they're willing to endure the side effects.

So if you want to play a mad biologist from beyond, the Daelkyr's for you!
[/spoiler]

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
This needs to be corrected.

"Ability increase:The Daelkyr gains +1 Str at levels 1, 7, 11, 14, 16, 18, 19, 20

The Daelkyr gains +1 Con at levels 3, 8, 12, 14, 17, 18, 19, 20

The Daelkyr gains +1 Cha at levels 5, 9,  13, 15,  17, 18,  19, 20

For a total of +8 Str, +8 Con, +8 Int at 20th level."
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #575 on: June 03, 2011, 08:11:19 PM »
Urskan

[Spoiler]HD:d8
LevelBase Attack BonusFort SaveRef SaveWill SaveSpecial
1st
+0
+2
+0
+0
Urskan Body, Surefooted, White Fur, Demolish, +1 Str
2nd
+1
+3
+0
+0
Armored Bear, Scent, +1 Con
3rd
+2
+3
+1
+1
Rend, Challenging Roar, +1 Str, +1 Con
4th
+3
+4
+1
+1
War Bear Charge, +1 Str,  +1 Con
5th
+3
+4
+1
+1
Growth, SteelClaws, Guardian Bear, +1 Str
Skill Points:4+Int mod, quadruple at first level. Class Skills are: Balance,  Climb, Craft(any), Concentration, Diplomacy, Hide, Intimidate, JumpKnowledge (any), Listen, Move Silently, Profession(any), Search, Sense Motive,  Spot, Survival, Swim

Proficiencies:The Urskan has proficiency in all simple weapons, hammers, warhammers, and light, medium and heavy armor.

Features:

Urskan Body: The Urskan loses all previous racial and gains magic beast traits ( basically low light vision and Darkvision 60ft). It is a medium sized magic beast with base speed 40 feet and a swim speed equal to its base speed. It has two claw attacks that deal 1d6+str mod damage each and  a bite attack dealing 1d8+1/2 Str mod damage. It can use its claws for fine manipulation.

In addition it gains a Natural Armor bonus equal to its Con mod and a the Cold subtype (immunity to cold, +50% damage from fire).

Surefooted: Urskans ignore all movement penalties associated with snow on the ground. They also receive a racial bonus on Balance checks when walking on ice or snow equal to their HD.

At 4 HD those bonus apply on any kind of ground as the Urskan learn to quickly adapt to any terrain

White Fur: The Urskan gains a bonus on Hide checks equal to twice its HD in Icy or Snow terrain while wearing no armor.

At 4 HD the Urskan can spend one minute covering his fur with dirt, plants and whatever's available to gain this bonus on the place where he is now.

At 8 HD the Urskan can hide whitout having anything to hide behind as long as he's unarmored and the fur adapted to the current terrain.

At 12 HD the Urskan can cover his fur as a standard action.

At 16 HD as a move action.

Demolish:Urskan are naturally great smiths, and that knowledge can be used for destroying as well as creating. As a swift action, a number of times per day equal to its Con mod, the Urskan next sunder atempt on this round doesn't provoke attacks of oportunity and may target an oponent's armor. If the sunder is done with an hammer of any kind, it ignores any hardness from the object attacked and deals double damage. If it hits the Urskan may follow it up with a free attack against the user of the item.

This also grants the Urskan a bonus on any Skill checks involving metal equal to its HD, and the Urskan may repair any sundered item with 1 hour of work with an hammer and a fireplace.

Ability Score Bonus:
The Warbear gains an extra +1 to Str at levels 1, 3, 4, 5 and +1 to Con at levels 2, 3, 4, for a total of +4 Str and +3 Con at 5th level.

Armored Bear:At 2nd level every Urskan feels incomplete, and has a sudden urge to craft a powerful personal armor that it will keep improving trouhout its life. This  demands at least 48 hours of initial hard work from the Urskan, and results in an Half-Plate fit for its size and an Enhancement bonus equal to half its HD. It cannot have an enhancement bonus to AC actually bigger than +5, but the Enhancement bonus can be spent on extra abilities like Glammered and Fortification. If the Urskan ever changes size, it can refit the armor with 24 hours of work.  It can also change the Enhancement bonus whith another 24 hours of work.

Such is the dedication of the Urskan put on its armor that it offers considerably superior protection compared to a normal half-plate, counting half its armor bonus towards the touch AC of the Urskan and also granting the Urskan itself DR/adamantine equal to half the ranks it has in Craft (Armorsmithing).

Should it ever be destroyed, the Urskan can repair it from the remains in 24 hours, even if crumbled to dust from a disintregate! Every time the Urskan levels up, it must spend 24 hours working on its armor to gain the improved bonus.

Finally, the Urskan may don or remove this armor as a fullround action.

Scent:At 2nd level an Urskan gains the Scent standard ability as per the srd.

Rend:Challenging Roar:Urskans are not only carnivores, they live for conflict. A number of times per hour equal to their Con mod as a move action, they may let out a challenging roar that affects all enemies in a radius of 10 feet per HD. Unless they suceed on a save of DC 10+1/2HD+Con mod, they must answer to the Urskan's challenge, being unable to move away from it for 1 round (they can still move closer or move around as long as the distance doesn't increase). If they fail by 5 or more, they also cannot attack any other creature but the Urskan for 1 round.

War Bear Charge: Urskans know how to put the weight of their powerfull bodies at the end of a charge. At 4th level when performing a Charge the Urskan may deliver a Slam attack dealing 2d6+1,5 Str mod damage in addition to all the other benefits and hazards of a charge. If wearing armor, the Urskan adds the Armor bonus to the damage as it uses its extra weight to crush the enemy. This is an extra attack option and if the Urskan gains pounce or a similar ability it can combine its other natural weapons with this Slam.

If this Slam hits, the Urskan may also atempt a basic combat maneuver as grapple, trip, disarm or bullrush as a  free action against the hit oponent.

The Urskan may also charge trough solid obstacles if he suceeds on a break check against them to pass trough, otherwise it stops right in front of the obstacle. It adds its armor bonus (if any) to this break check.

At 10 HD the Urskan can even charge trough magic obstacles as long as wearing its Armored Bear half-plate. Make a dispel check using your HD as CL with a bonus equal to half your Armor bonus.  If it suceeds, the magic obstacle is dispeled. This works even against normally undispellable effects like Wall of Force, but the dispelling DC is increased by 5.

Growth: At 5th level the Urskan grows one size category.

SteelClaws: At 5th level the Urskan fits its Armored Bear half-plate with special tips to their already powerful claws, that can be used instead of its normal claw attacks and deal 1d12+Str mod damage each. They count as either natural or manufactured weapons whenever it would be more benefical, meaning the Urskan can attack with both on a full attack whitout penalties and also perform iterative attacks if it has enough Bab.

They count as masterwork and can be enchanted as normal weapons. If the Urskan participates in the enchanting process, the gold and exp cost are reduced by half as the Urskan lends an hand, or a claw to be more precise.

If the Urskan has acess to special materials like silver or adamantine, it can fit them to its steelclaws with 24 hours of work, in which case they count as that material for all purposes.

Guardian Bear: Urskans are specially renowned for fiercely defending their territories, being virtually unstoppable when fighting for their land. Such reputation is well founded. At 5th level, 1/day per 4 HD they may fly into a Rage with one of the following additional effects:
  • Healing: Recover 4*HD hitpoints and receive the effects of a restoration spell. At 9 HD you also receive a Deathward effect for the duration at 13 HD restoration is increased to Greater Restoration, and at 17 HD a Heal effect is included.
  • Recovery: End one harmful spell, condition, or effect from yourself (with the exception of the dead condition), and recover HD hitpoints. At 9 HD you also receive a Freedom of Movement effect. At 13 HD you are immune to the effect you removed for the duration of the Rage, and at 17 HD they may act normally while under any negative HP and temporarily even remove the dead condition as long as they haven't been dead longer than 1 min/HD, though they will die again at the end of the rage. They may do so even if their body suffered extreme damage like being dismembered or disintregated, in which case it raises again as a ghostly form of its old self
  • Iron Will: Remove all fear and charm effects, the DR/adamantine granted to you by your personal Half-Plate is doubled, and you recover HD hitpoints. At 9 HD you gain a Mindblank effect for the duration of the rage, at 13 HD you grant all allies within 40ft (including yourself) a +1 morale bonus to all will saves per 3 HD, and a second will save if they fail the first. At 17 HD you grow by one size category while raging, this explicitly stacks with magical size increases.
(All caster levels are your HD and saves are 10+1/2 HD + con)

Urskan's are Exhausted after their rage instead of merely being Fatigued.

Any bonus that would apply to Rage are applied to this ability as well, and it also counts as Rage for feat and prc prerequisites. If an Urskan multiclass as a barbarian, Urskan levels stack to determine when they gain Greater Rage and Mighty Rage .

They can fly into rage even if they are unconscious or otherwise disabled if their nearby allies are under attack, even if they have no way of knowing it.
[/spoiler]

Comments
[spoiler]
Bears with hammers and heavy armor. What else needs to be said? Drawed heavy inspiration from Golden Compass. Kinda too tired for fancy commentaries now tough.

So if you want armored bears, the Urskan's for you!

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #577 on: June 03, 2011, 08:20:36 PM »
Drawed heavy inspiration from Golden Compass.
*twitch*
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #578 on: June 03, 2011, 11:04:37 PM »
*twitch*
That's the series where the author wanted to make it atheistic, confused it with agnostic, then thought the A was silent and just wrote a bunch of books centered around gnosticism, right?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #579 on: June 03, 2011, 11:27:00 PM »
*twitch*
That's the series where the author wanted to make it atheistic, confused it with agnostic, then thought the A was silent and just wrote a bunch of books centered around gnosticism, right?
Well it starts with a corrupt church, and ends with a war against a Demiurge. Also angels are subatomic particles found in amber. Or something.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]