Author Topic: [3.5]Improved monster classes: adapting creatures for player use-Taking Requests  (Read 392196 times)

Tyal-Kelvar

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
(hey, let's reincarnate the Tarrasque and see what happens!)
Actually, that's pretty sensible.  You don't want somebody resurrecting or reanimating it.
47HD rabbit?

Sounds a lot less nasty than a tarrasque.  Even if those HD give it a rather impressive size.  At least you can kill it with enough commoners with slings if it starts eating several entire lettuce farms each day.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
48 hd = 16 feats, 9 of which can be epic...

I don't see commoners killing it any time soon.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
47, assuming you don't regain the one lost from Reincarnation. Not that it matters much.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
Awakened Iron Golem

[spoiler]
HD:d10
LevelBabFortRefWillFeature
1+0+0+0 + 0Iron Body, Fire Forged, Mobile Fortress, +2 Str
2+1+0+0+0Iron Plating, Sentry Eyes +1 Str
3+2+1+1+1Iron Fist, Combine, +1 Str
4+3+1+1+1Invulnerability, Siege Crossbow,  +1 Str
5+3+1+1+1Growth, Neutralize, +1 Str
6+4+2+2+2Breath Weapon, Steel Plating,+1 Str
7+5+2+2+2Heavy Fists, +1 Str
8+6+2+2+2Shaking Steps +1 Str
9+6+3+3+3Runed Plating, +1 Str
10+7+ 3+3+3 Mighty Swing, +1 Str
11+8+ 3+3+3 Fire Magnet, +1 Str
12+8+ 4+4+4 Reinforced Plating, Mighty Iron, +1 Str
13+9+ 4+4+4 Iron Crush, Iron Demolish, +1 Str
Skills:2+int modifier per level, quadruple at first level. No class skills.

Proficiencies: It's own natural weapons, simple and martial weapons

Features:

Iron Body: an Iron Golem loses all other racial bonuses and becomes a construct, with all of it's penalties and disadvantages, except for the extra HP:

[spoiler]
# No Constitution score.
# Low-light vision.
# Darkvision out to 60 feet.
# Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
# Immunity to poison, sleep effects, paralysis, stunning, disease, death effects, and necromancy effects.
# Cannot heal damage on their own, but often can be repaired by certain spells. The DM may also allow the construct to be repaired with the use of the right skills with the right tools. A construct with the fast healing special quality still benefits from this quality.
# Not subject to critical hits, nonlethal damage, ability damage, ability drain, fatigue, exhaustion, or energy drain.
# Immunity to any effect that requires a Fortitude save (unless the effect also works on objects, or is harmless).
# Not at risk of death from massive damage. Immediately destroyed when reduced to 0 hit points or less.
# Since it was never alive, a construct cannot be raised or resurrected except for limited wish, wish and miracle. The 1st makes the construct lose a level, the other two don't.
#However, it can be "repaired" if destroyed by spending 24 hours of work and 500 GP of materials, wich make it lose a level.
[/spoiler]

Iron golem is a medium sized construct with base speed 20 feet. It has two slam attacks dealing 2d6+Str mod damage each. The Iron Golem may attack with both fists in a fullattack whitout penalty.

It also gains a bonus to it's Nat armor equal to 3+Str modifier. Whenever it grows a size category, it's natural armor increases by an extra +1.

Finally it gains +1 HP per HD. This bonus retroatively increases by +1 for every 5 HD of the Iron Golem.

Fire Forged:The metal body of an iron golem perfectly conducts heat, not only being impervious to it but actually correcting failures and cracks on it's body. If the Iron Golem would be dealt fire damage, it instead recover lost HP equal to half the fire damage that it would receive.

Mobile Fortress: Iron Golems were designed as powerfull guardians, and their bodies are crafted in such a way to protect those close to them. Allies adjacent to the Iron Golem gain a bonus to their AC and Reflex saves equal to half the Nat armor bonus of the Iron Golem.

This also allows the Iron Golem to use Str instead of Dex for balance checks, and Str instead of Cha for Intimidate checks.

Ability Score Increase: The Iron golem gains +2 Str at the first level of this class and +1 on every other level, for +14 Str at 13th level.

Iron Plating:At 2nd level, the Iron Golem gains DR/Adamantine equal to half it's HD and SR equal to 15+HD. The Iron Golem may drop and raise it's SR as a free action at any time to let allies buff it.

Sentry Eyes: Iron Golems were originally designed as guardians of important places. They gain a bonus on all spot and listen checks equal to their HD.

At 8 HD the golem may grant itself  See Invisibility effect for 1 round as a swift action. It's eyes clearly glow bright red when using this ability, altough other colors are not unheard off.

At 14 HD the golem may grant itself True sight for 1 round as a swift action. It's eyes clearly glow bright red when using this ability, altough other colors are not unheard off.

Iron Fist:The Iron Golem's solid fists push back oponents with every hit. At 3rd level, oponents struck by the Iron Golem's slam attack are moved 5 feet in a direction of the Golem's choosing for every 5 damage taken. This movement provokes attacks of oportunity from other creatures as normal. If the oponent hits a surface, it takes 1d6 damage for every 5 feet it still had to move.

Combine: at 3rd level,the Iron Golem can integrate weapons and armor into his own body as a fullround action.
In the case of an armor, the Iron Golem gains the AC benefit, but doesn't take the skill check penalty or has his AC penalty.
In the case of a weapon, it's stored inside one of the Golem's arms, and can be equiped or put back inside as a swift action, and it cannot be disarmed. In the case of a thrown weapon, it's attached to a chain to the golem, allowing it to retrieve it as a free action.

The golem benefits from any magic properties of the items. Weapon enanchments of a combined weapon apply to the respective Golem's slam attack while it's put back.  Combined equipment cannot be unwillingly removed whitout destroiyng the golem.

Invulnerability:At 4th level, the Iron Golem can fully ignore harmfull effects of spells of level (Iron Golem level/2)-1. This isn't just limited to spells wich allow SR. An Iron Golem would just stomp over an Entangle spell, and a magic orb would harmlessly dissipate over it's plating.

In adition, the Iron Golem can fully ignore harmfull Su abilities from oponents with less HD than it has Iron Golem levels.

The Iron Golem may still let benefical effects affect him as normal.

Siege Crossbow:At 4th level, the iron golem fits a special custom crossbow inside a body part of it's choice, wich can be equiped or folded back inside the body as a free action. It has the base stats of an heavy crossbow of the Iron Golem's size, except that:
-It deals damage as if it was one size category bigger.
-It can fire specially heavy bolts with great inertia, wich allows them to ignore bad weather effects, including strong winds, including magic effects like wind wall. They can also be used to perform the Sunder action at range, and  cost 1 GP each.
-It's bolts are kept in special cases like a repeating crossbow, allowing the golem to fire multiple shots whitout reloading. Each case holds one bolt per HD. Replacing a case is a fullround action.
-One ally at least one size category smaller than the golem may "ride" on the siege crossbow and fire it whitout need of the golem taking any actions.

In adition, the iron golem may Combine his siege crossbow with an enchanted crossbow of any kind to get it's magical enanchments and special metal properties, just like his fists.

Growth: at 5th level the Golem grows one size category. If all golem levels were taken, it grows again at 15 HD.

Neutralize: At 5th level, whenever the Golem hits an oponent with a slam attack, it may perform a disarm atempt as a free action whitout provoking attacks of oportunity. If it suceeds, the weapon is holded on the respective fist if it wasn't holding anything.

Breath Weapon: At 6th level, as a swift action, the golem can produce a cone with 5 feet per 3 HD of poisonous gas lasting 1 round, once every 1d4+1 rounds. Initial damage 1d4 Con, secondary damage 3d4 Con, Fortitude DC 10+1/2HD+Str mod negates.

The damage increases one die size for every 6 HD from here.

At 12 HD it affects even creatures immune to poison and/or ability damage, but they gain a +5 bonus on their saves. If they don't have a Con score, it deals Wis damage instead.

Steel Plating: at 6th level the Golem's DR/adamantine is now equal to it's full HD.

Heavy fists: At 7th level the Golem's slams add +1,5 Str modifier to damage, and count as two-handed weapons for power attacking purposes.

In adition, oponents hit by the Golem's slam attack must make a Fort Save with DC 10+1/2HD+Str mod or be dazed for 1 round.

Shaking Steps: At 8th level, the Golem shakes the very ground when it walks, as well as sending shockwaves trough the air, due to it's extreme density. Whenever the golem moves, all other creatures whitin 5 feet per 4 HD (including airborn ones) must make a Balance check with DC 10+HD+Str mod or be unable to move on their next turn (even trough magic means).

This affects allies as well, but the golem can choose to turn on and off this ability at any moment during it's movement.

Runed Plating: At 9th level the Golem may have an arcane spellcaster carve runes on it's plating in a 1-hour long ritual, wich replicate one arcane spell with a range of touch or self that the arcane caster could cast. The spell must also be of a level no higher than (1/2 Golem's HD)+1. The golem permanently gains the benefits of said spell, except that it cannot be dispelled and any numerical bonus lose their type, thus stacking with other bonus of their usual type. So a golem receiving bull's strenght would gain +4 untyped to strenght for example. Only one rune at a time, but it may be erased to write a new one.

The golem may carve the rune on itself if it has a scroll of the apropriate spell, but the scroll is consumed on the process.

Mighty Swing: The golem has horrible reflexes, but it more than makes it up with sheer brute force.At 10th level it's attacks now ignore concealment of all kinds, and it can choose to attack an area equal to it's own instead of a single target with each attack. Roll a single time for attack of damage, then compare it with the AC of each oponent inside the area.

Fire Magnet: At 11th level, the golem's Invulnerability extends to adjacent allies, as it's wards become strong enough to divert the path of nearby magics.

In adition, whenever the golem hits an oponent with a slam attack or it's Siege Crossbow, it may replicate the effect of a greater dispel magic as a free action targeting the oponent struck, with CL=HD.

Reinforced Plating: At 12th level, the Golem's DR/adamantine is now equal to 1,5 times it's HD.

Mighty Iron:
At 12th level, the Golem adds 2 times it's Str modifier to it's slam attacks.

Iron Demolish: At 13th level the Golem may, as an attack action, destroy every inanimated matter on adjacent volume equal to it's own (so a large golem that fills a 10 feet per 10 feet space could destroy every inanimated object in  a 10 feet per 10 feet cube). The material it's made off it's irrelevant, and the golem can just as easily punch trough adamantium walls as taking down a tree.

In alternative, the Golem may automatically destroy an area magic effect on melee reach as an attack action.

Iron Crush:
a number of times per day equal to it's Str modifier, the Golem may simply use both it's fists to crush an oponent in melee range to a bloody pulp. This is a standard action touch attack using slam attack bonus. If it hits, the oponent must make a Fort save with DC 10+1/2HD+Str modifier or be utterly crushed into a fine paste under the golem's fists.

The oponent takes a -2 penalty on this save for each 10% missing HP from it's total.
[/spoiler]

Comments:
[spoiler]
The iron golem is one of the many spin offs D&D made of the original clay golem. It's suposed to be the biggest and toughest of the base 3,5 golems, thus the first I made.

Clearly, the emphasis is on something really hard, deadly in melee. It gets the powerfull Invulnerability to shrugg off magic, and the best DR of all monster classes.

The iron golem is also a team player, protecting nearby squishier allies with it's powerfull frame.

Still had levels to fill tough, so gave the golem the ability to "mount" extra weapons inside it's body and carve runes, plus destroying nearby magic resorting to it's wards.  At range it can resort to it's siege crossbow, wich can eventually debuff oponents.

It's however utterly uncapable of subtelty, but that's the idea behind your typical golem.

So if you want to play a massive chunk of iron that moves slowly but surely across the battlefield, the Iron Golem's for you!
[/spoiler]

Bloody Initiate

• King Kong
    • Email
I really like the Iron Golem! They were always the coolest looking golem in the Monster Manual (Adamantine Golem in Epic Level Handbook also looks pretty cool imo).

Noticed a couple mistakes:

The table says Mobile Fortress, the text says Moving Castle.

Also the table shows its saves getting WORSE at level 10.
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 12:12:39 AM by Bloody Initiate »
I don't employ memes. Mass-produced ammunition, even from reputable manufacturers, tends to malfunction on occasion.

Shadeseraph

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Growth is listed both at level 5 and 6.
[spoiler]
I hate mouth breathing fuckwits who go around spouting lies, even after being corrected on those lies, and that bait mods into helping to defend their wrongness and fail. I also hate the MBFs that don't understand the meaning of words, and that can't get a fucking clue.
Hey! I like spouting lies. It's very entertaining to observe how people on the internet are buffing their small egos by declaring victories over some stupid MBFs. :smirk
Also - I hate people who use too smart words that I don't understand. :mad

Hi Welcome

Go fuck yourself, because others won't do it for you.

Stop flirting you two.  :p
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Bloody Initiate

• King Kong
    • Email
New request :p
20 levels?
Completely broken base abilities?

That... Will take some time to get finished.

Just let me finish my Medusa overhaul, partially inspired from too much surfing on the Fate/Stay Night wiki.

The drone is only 3 levels, and I'm pretty sure it's the one Prime32 is talking about.
I don't employ memes. Mass-produced ammunition, even from reputable manufacturers, tends to malfunction on occasion.

Bloody Initiate

• King Kong
    • Email
It doesn't matter much but the damage dice on Divine Summon are rare in 3.5.

Divine summon eventually does 1d20 damage, 2d10 is more common and in keeping with 3.5's damage dice. 3.0 occasionally used d20s for damage, 3.5 increases the average and minimum damage by using 2d10 instead. 2d10 does minimum damage of 2 with average damage around 11, while a d20 does minimum damage of 1 with average damage around 10.5. The biggest reason to use 2d10 though is just because that's what shows up in 3.5.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
He already asked for the LeShay wich was 28 levels long.

Well, I guess I can make the drone while I wait for his clarification on the matter. The master would be a continuation of the drone class anyway.
I wasn't being entirely serious. :p

Anyway, new Medusa ready, let me know what you think!
I assume someone taking levels in this class wants to play a medusa, not Rider. :/
« Last Edit: February 10, 2011, 08:28:08 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
Anyway, new Medusa ready, let me know what you think!
I assume someone taking levels in this class wants to play a medusa, not Rider. :/

Meh, it was an interesting experiment.

Swapped the more fatesk abilities for gaze-boosters (more range and increase DCs) and extra attack options with her snake-hair. Also boosted skills (the old ones were kinda messed up).

Mind you, I'm leaving blood snakes, because it's something from the legend (and doesn't even appear in Rider), and Mind Eye because it's actually a necessity if you want the gaze attack to still be viable at higher levels.

Cha for to-hit and to-damage because, again, I'm going trough the "exceptionally beatifull" route of the legend, and unlike the succubus or erinyes (other femme fatales on the monster side), the medusa doesn't have much on the spellcasting deparment, so she will surely go combat.

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
Love the new Troll and Minotaur. The Mino could stand to have a line dealing with what happens if you gain an Acrobatic Charge ability. Formatting is messed up on Medusa.

I'd like to see Ice Devil.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
MindStealer Drone

[spoiler]
HD:d8
LevelBabFortRefWillFeature
1+0+0+0 +2Assimilator Body, Psychic Drain, Absorb Memories, Change Shape
2+1+0+0+3Psychic Archive, Infiltrator
3+2+1+1+3Psychic Combine, Trauma
Skills:4+int modifier per level, quadruple at first level. Class skills are Bluff, Concentration, Hide,  Listen, Move Silently, Knowledge(any), Spot

Proficiencies: It's own natural weapons

Features:

Assimilator Body: the MindStealer Drone loses all other racial bonuses and gains aberration traits (basically darkvision 60 feet) and the shapechanger subtype, having the form of an amorphous blob of uniform color. It's a small aberration with base speed 20 feet., rolling over itself to move. It can talk trough vibrations, but has no limbs capable of fine manipulation.

It also gains a bonus to Nat armor equal to it's Con modifier.

Psychic Drain: As a standard action, the MindStealer Drone can launch a bolt of psychic energy as a ranged touch attack with range 10 feet per HD that inflicts one negative level, with the following diferences:
-Immunity to energy drain doesn't block it, but immunity to mind affecting does.
-Targets reduced to effective level 0 don't die, but are left in an helpless cathatonic state.
-Affected creatures may atempt a Will save with DC 10+1/2 HD+Will save at the end of their turn to remove one of this negative levels.

Memory Drain: A mindstealer drone is a psychic vampire that steals the memories of its victims' experiences. As a standard action, it can steal a day's worth of memories from any creature that has a negative level from it psychic drain power.
If the mindstealer drone uses this power on a creature it has rendered catatonic through its energy drain power, it drains a year's worth of memories every minute. A victim drained of all memories dies, and even if ressurected will be a mindless shell, unless the MindStealer Drone is slayed.
Once the mindstealer drone has drained all a creature's memories, it can absorb its abilities and assume its form.
The most recent memories are  absorbed first.

Absorb Abilities:Change Shape : A mindstealer drone can assume the form  of any creature from which it has absorbed abilities (so long at it retains those abilities)  1/day per HD.  When using an absorbed creature's form, a mindstealer drone uses it's own Hit Dice, hit points, base attack bonus, base save bonus, skills, and feats, but  gaining all the traits of the absorbed creature's type and finally gains all the absorbed creature's speed, size, natural weapons, natural armor, special attacks, and special qualities, except as follows:
-All at-will SLAs/PLAs become 1/day per HD.
-All SLAs/PLAs that replicate a spell with an exp/gold cost must pay said cost for being used.
-If changing for a creature with actual spellcasting/manifesting, the Mindstealer Drone  must rest for 8 hours for preparing new spell slots.
 -Adjust any DCs for the MindStealer Drone's HD, at the rate of 10+1/2 HD+Relevant Stat.
-Changing size doesn't grant any ability score or natural armor bonus/penalty.
-It can still use it's own Psychic Drain and Absorb Memories.
-You always look like the creature you absorbed the memories from, gaining a +10 bonus to disguise checks to look like it.

This lasts for 10 minute per HD.
Change Shape can be combined with Absorb Abilities.

Psychic Archive:Infiltrator: At 2nd level, the Mindstealer drone gains a bonus equal to it's own HD to bluff and disguise checks to pass itself as the creature it's changed into.

Psychic Combine: At 3nd level, the mindstealer drone can use Absorb Abilities to grant itself abilities from one extra specific creature it "remembers" while it's Shape Changed into another. No combining more than two creatures at any time.

In adition, it's Change Shape now lasts indefenetely. The Mindstealer drone can return to it's original shape whitout expending an use.

Trauma: At 3rd level, victims from the Mindstealer drone's negative levels can only atempt a Will save to remove their negative levels after 1 hour.

[/spoiler]

New Feats
[spoiler]
Synthetizator
Pre-requisites: at least one Mindstealer drone level.
Benefits: You can Psychic Drain, Memory Drain and Absorb Abilities from Constructs.

Exhume
Benefits: You can Psychic Drain, Memory Drain and Absorb Abilities from Undeads.

From the Depths
Benefits: You can Psychic Drain, Memory Drain and Absorb Abilities from Vermins and Oozes.

[/spoiler]

Comments
[spoiler]
Well the Mind Stealer drone was too good of a challenge for me to resist.

The class is pretty straightforward. Weaken stuff with Psychic Drain, then munch on their memories and turn into them. I put several clauses to try to prevent abuse (can only absorb stuff with less HD, no at-will SLAs or bypassing exp/gold costs). Hopefully it's not broken, altough if anybody notices any cheesy possibility out of the bat do tell me.

Might do the master one of these days.
[/spoiler]

bearsarebrown

• Organ Grinder
The ability to move in any direction during a charge.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
Ice Devil(Gelugon)

[spoiler]
HD:d8
Level BAB Fort Ref Will Feature
1+1+2+0 +2Ice Devil body, Cold Tactician
2+2+3+0 +3 Devil, Summon Legion
3+3+3+1+3 Minion Shield, Hell Skin, Cold Spear
4+4+4+1+4Cold Rise, Regeneration,+1 Str
5+5+4+1+4 Fear Aura, +1 Con, +1 Cha
6+6+5+2+5Growth, Slowing Tail
7+7+5+2+5Cold Battlefield, +1 Str
8+8+6+2+5No Rest for the Wicked, You've Failed me for The Last Time  +1 Con
9+9+6+3+6Cold Assault +1 Cha
10+10+7+3+7Tactical Devil, +1 Str
11+11+7+3+7Cold Mirage, +1 Con
12+12+8+4+8Expendable Sacrifice, +1 Cha
13+13+8+4+8 Cold Aura (Unholy Aura), Uttercold, +1 Str, +1 Con, +1 Cha
Skills: 6+int modifier per level, quadruple at 1st level, class skills are Balance,  Bluff , climb Concentration , Diplomacy , Disguise, Hide, Intimidate , Knowledge (any) , Listen , Move Silently , Search , Sense Motive , Spellcraft , Spot , Survival , Use Magic Device

Proficiencies:Simple and martial weapons, it's own natural weapons.

Features:

Ice Devil body:
The Ice Devil  loses all other racial bonus and gains outsider traits (basicaly darkvision 60 feets). It's a medium sized outsider with base 40 feets and two natural claw attacks dealing 1d6+Str mod damage each and a bite attack dealing 1d8+1/2 Str mod. In a ful attack, the Ice Devil takes no penalty for using both claws at the same time, but the bite attack takes a -5 penalty.

The Ice Devil also gains a bonus to Nat armor equal to his Con modifier.

Cold Tactician:
The Ice Devilcan use the Aid Another as a move action.

At 6 HD they can do so as a swift action.

At 12 HD they can do so an an immediate action.

Devil:At second level the Ice Devil gains resistance to fire and and a bonus on saves against poison equal to his HD, and resistance to acid and cold equal to half his HD. Plus telepathy 40 feets plus 10 feets for each extra HD from here. Also gains the evil and lawfull subtypes and his weapons/natural attacks count as evil and lawfull for bypassing DR.

In addition, its darkvision applies to all kinds of darkness, even deeper darkness.

Summon Legion:Ice Devils serve as commanders of the Nine Hells, wich gives them direct acess to its legions. Once per hour the Ice Devil may summon forth reinforcments as a standard action, that instantly appear adjacent to him. The creature summoned depends on it's HD:

2HD: 2 Lemures.
5HD:Bearded devil
9HD: Bone Devil
13HD: Ice devil
17 HD: Choose two times.
20 HD: Choose four times.

Instead of the strongest creature possible, the Ice Devil may instead summon twice the amount of the next weakest creature, or quadruple the amount of the next weakest creature, and so on. So for example a 13 HD Ice Devil could summon 2 Bone Devils, or 4 Bearded Devils, or 16 Lemures.

Those devils serve for 1 minute per HD and then disapear. They can't use their own summoning abilities.

Hell Skin:At third level the Ice Devil gains DR/silver and good equal to half it's HD and SR equal to 11+HD.

Minion Shield: Ice Devils specialize in taking cover behind their troops. At third level they gain +1 to AC, all saves, SR, DR, and resistances for every adjacent summon that's at least one size category smaller than the Ice Devil (or bigger).

Cold Spear: At 3rd level, the Ice Devil may as a fullround action create a masterwork spear suiting it's tastes, of a material of it's choice (including special materials like adamantine or cold iron). It has the normal stats of a spear and it has an enanchment bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to 1/4 HD (minimum +1). Only one such spear at a time. Creating a new one makes the old one to melt away.

At 10 HD it gains the ghost touch poperty.

At 14 HD it gains the Frost Property.

At 17 HD the Icy Burst Property.

At 20 HD any +2 weapon enanchment of the Ice Devil's choice, like Wounding, or Keen+Defending. This extra bonus may be changed whenever the Ice Devil makes a new spear.

Cold Rise: At 4th level the Ice Devil can use Fly as an SLA as a swift action 1/day for every HD it has.

Regeneration: At 4th level the Ice Devil gains regeneration equal to 1/2 it's HD, rounded down. An Ice Devil takes normal damage from good-aligned silvered  weapons, and from spells or effects with the good descriptor.

Ability Increase: The Ice Devil gains a permanent +1 to
Str at levels 4, 7, 10, 13
Con at levels 5, 8, 11, 13
Cha at levels 5, 9, 12, 13

For a total of +4 Str, +4 Con, +4 Cha at level 13.

Fear Aura:Growth:At 6th level the Ice Devil grows one size category, and also grows a powerfull tail that can deliver a tail slap dealing 3d6+1/2 Str damage.

Slowing Blows:
At 6th level, whenever the Ice Devil hits an oponent with it's tail or Hell Talon, it must make a Fort save with DC 10+1/2HD+Cha mod or be Slowed as the Slow spell for 1d6 rounds. This ignores freedom of movement effects.

Cold Battlefield: At 7th level the Ice Devil can use Ice Wall and Ice Storm 1/day for every 3 HD it has. Save DCs are 10+1/2 HD+Cha mod. Its Ice Storm deals 1d6 damage per CL instead of the normal damage, half cold and half bludgeoding.

No Rest for the Wicked: At 8th level the Ice Devil promises terrible punishments to its minions that dare to fall in battle. Any summoned creatures gain regeneration equal to the Ice Devil's own. If they already had regeneration, add them both.

The summons are also now immune to fear, fatigue and exhaustion.

You've failed me for the last time: At 8th level, whenever one of the Ice Devil summons misses a melee attack against an oponent they both threaten, the Ice Devil may sacrifice the summon as a free action to create a distraction that allows it to perform a new melee attack as a free action against said oponent. The summon dies in a specially gory way regardless of defences, but all other summons from the Ice Devil gain a moral bonus to attack and damage rolls equal to the Ice Devil's Cha mod for 1 round per HD.

Cold Assault: At 9th level the Ice Devil can use Cone of Cold and Teleport each 1/day for each 3 HD it has. At 13 HD the teleport automatically upgrades to greater teleport. Save DCs are 10+1/2HD+Cha mod. The Cone of Cold has no damage cap.

In adition, creatures failing the save against its cone of Cold are Entangled for 1 round per HD. If they suceed on the save, they're Entangled for just one round.

Tactical Devil: at 10th level, the Ice Devil can exclude any allies it wishes from any of it's area effects when it uses them, such as Cone of Cold and Ice Storm.

In adition, it may use Aid Another as a free action a total number of times per round equal to it's Cha mod, and may do so in any ally whitin 5 feet per HD, whitout needing to be near anyone specific.

Cold Mirage: at 11th level the Ice Devil may use Persistent Image as a SLA 1/day for every 2 HD it has. Save DC is 10+1/2 HD+Cha mod.

In adition, any creature disbelieving or seeing trough the Ice Devil's Persistent Image takes 1d4 cold damage per CL.

Expendable Sacrifice: At 12th level, the Ice Devil may sacrifice an adjacent summon whitin 5 feet per HD as an immediate action to gain one of the following
-Bonus to attack rolls, DR, resistances, saves, skill checks, AC and damage rolls equal to the HD of the sacrificed summon for 1 round.
-Inflict a penalty to AC or a single skill to an adjacent oponent equal to half the HD of the sacrificed summon for 1 round.
-Inflict a penalty to the last d20 rolled by an adjacent oponent equal to the HD of the sacrificed summon, after the result is known (this may cause the action to fail).
-Grant all remaining summons a bonus on attack and damage rolls equal to the HD of the sacrificed summon for 1 round.

The summon is destroyed regardless of it's defences.
This isn't necessarily the Ice Devil turning the minion in raw energy to gain the effect. It could also be the Ice Devil ordering the minion to perform a sudden suicidical action to gain the advantage, or a genius maneuver set up in advance whitout anyone else noticing, wich ends up sacrificing the minion as part of it.

Cold Aura: At 13th level the Ice Devil can use Unholy Aura as a SLA 1/day for every HD it has, except that the Strenght damage applies to any attacker, not just good ones. Save DC 10+1/2 HD+Cha mod.

Uttercold:
At 13th level, the Ice devil may curse its magic with the agony of the souls tormented in Hell. Anytime it uses an SLA that causes cold damage, it may choose for half the cold damage to be negative energy.

In addition, both the cold and negative energy damage from the Ice Devil's SLAs can't be healed by any means unless the victim is inside the effect of an Hallow spell.

Finally, oponents struck by the Ice Devil's Cone of Cold receive one negative level.

[/spoiler]

Comments
[spoiler]
The Ice Devil is suposed to be the frontline commander of the legions of Hell. While Pit Fiends are the true masters, they aren't numerous enough to keep everybody in check, so it's the relatively more common Ice Devils that lead from the front

I took that aproach on this monster class, giving it a semi-spammable summon for geting troops, and then several options to sacrifice said summons for fun and profit gaining tactical advantages during battle.

Besides that, the Ice Devil sports several enanched cold-based SLAs, plenty of natural attacks and the powerfull ability to inflict slow with it's tail, and eventually with a custom spear, wich it can change in the fly to meet the situation.

Good skill points, Bab, two good saves and +4 to three ability scores helps round it up.

So if you want to play an Hell commander, the Ice devil's for you!

[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
The ability to move in any direction during a charge.

What's exactly the problem between that and the minotaur? At first glance I don't spot anything particular problem that may arise from combining the two.

Also, spiced up a little the Pit Fiend and Balor, mostly customizing it's SLAs. Also Bully ability for the Pit Fiend's first level and Ravage for the Balor's 4th level, since they were kinda empty.