Author Topic: [3.5] DARKSUN or PLANSESCAPE: Seeking dedicated DM and Players. Inquire within.  (Read 2378 times)

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Unseelie Fae
    • Email
Hey so I've been looking for a DM/DMs willing to take on some pet concepts of mine.  I posted over on GiantITP but so far the response has not been as overwhelming as I had thought.  About 6 players there have sounded off but so far inspiration has not struck any potential DMs, at least with the parameters I am asking for.

I thought I would repost the ad.  The original thread is here:

The Ad: http://www.giantitp.com/forums/showthread.php?p=9451462#post9451462

Hello all!

So my last recruitment thread went over rather well so I thought I would put up another request for my other idears.

Basic Requests:

Looking for a DM and 3-6 other players. I get a guaranteed spot.

COMMITED interest only please.  The games I suggest are meant for greatness and I've had one too many DMs get me all excited and then dissapear.  Players are easier to replace but if you know you can't stick with the long haul please be honest and refrain from application.

Please no evil characters (selfish neutral is fine). Please and Thank You for not questioning this.

LA buyoff allowed. +2 LA for free (See below)

No multiclassing penalties. *however actual cheese like Pun Pun or the Hulking Hurler will be met with derision*  Consider medium levels of optimization.

2 Flaws ans 2 Traits Allowed but not Required.

Standard WBL.

All WotC sanctioned books are open, Dragon Magazine considered but suspect.

High powered attributes:36+ point buy or equivalent rolling system.

Now for the Specifics:

I have TWO, count 'em TWO games I have been jonesin' for for a long time but which rarely see much action these days.  SO...

Fires of Revolution: A Darksun Campaign -ECL 10-

[SPOILER]I'd love to play me some Darksun!  My theme for a campaign would start out simply enough with a group in rebellion against the Sorcerer Kings.  I'd also love to have the game include some loftier concepts like exploring ancient ruins and learning about the time before the catalclysm when Athas was still verdant...and perhaps clues that may allow the chance for it to be so once again...  Defilers would be allowed but perhaps face moral quandry later on. 

Potentially EPIC! Psionics are a go and the free +2 LA means races like Thri-Kreen aren't penalized.  Further LA can be bought off...it's your xp after all.

I plan to play an Ur-Priest/Walker in the Waste for this one (Ur-Priest being reflavored from being -evil- to being a secret sect that steals power from the Sorcerer Kings...).[/SPOILER]
The Exalted Order: A Pan Dimensional Campaign of High Heroics -ECL 15-

[SPOILER]This is an Exalted Planescape game featuring an order of powerful heroes who have banded together Justic League style and based out of the city of Sigil.  They travel to various prime material planes as well as other realms as needed to uphold not just cosmic balance but to actively sway that balance toward good.  The main heroes of the order are supported by lesser acolytes and magic that allows them to monitor and be informed of the goings on in various locations from their Citadel on Sigil.  The high priests of certain Prime churches and certain rulers have the ability to contact them as well.

The DM should therefore have a good deal of knowledge on the Planscape setting and outer planes adventure.  While this style of play could lead to episodic play it would be awesome if the DM had an idea for how to tie the various planar adventures into an overarcing plot.  This can also be character driven: for example my character has particular beef with Illithids and Demons.

Character types include Clerics, Paladins, Wizards, and more, but you must be exalted.  My character will be an Exalted Barbarian VoP build.  The Free +2 LA means you can be an exotic race or take the Saint template (which is what I will be doing).  Further LA can be bought off...it is your xp after all.  The starting ECL is high because things going on in Planescape are poweful and dangerous and those who would make it there let alone join a powerful Order such as this have put in the time and training to be true heroes.

Characters should spend their starting wealth on things that would make survival possible in various environments.[/SPOILER]

So what do y'all think?

Preferably a different DM for both.  If one gets picked up I'll keep promoting the other.

Amechra

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • Thread Necromancy a Specialty
I WILL PLAY THIS PLEASE LET ME PLAY OH GOD LET ME PLAY!!!!!!

Please, put me down as a player.
[spoiler]Fighter: "I can kill a guy in one turn."
Cleric: "I can kill a guy in half a turn."
Wizard: "I can kill a guy before my turn."
Bard: "I can get three idiots to kill guys for me."

On a strange note, would anyone be put out if we had a post about people or events we can spare a thought for, or if its within their creed, a prayer for? Just a random thought, but ... hells I wouldn't have known about either Archangels daughter or Saeomons niece if I didn't happen to be on these threads.
Sounds fine to me.
probably over on "Off-topic".
might want to put a little disclaimer in the first post.

This is the Min/Max board. We should be able to figure out a way to optimize the POWER OF PRAYER(TM) that doesn't involve "Pazuzu, Pazuzu, Pazuzu".
[/spoiler]

My final project for my film independent study course. It could do with a watching and critiquing

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Interested in the Exalted game. It could be fun playing someone so righteous and noble. That is if there is a DM to be found.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
I'd play this, but GinTiP has crap for boards.

VennDygrem

• Grape ape
    • Email
I'd be tempted to run the Dark Sun game using special house rules to handle certain things, but I've had to put the other game I'm running on temporary hiatus as it is. Though, I'm planning to start that one up again soon.

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
True I would rather play here or on a free forums board. Too many horror stories about the modding over there.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
True I would rather play here or on a free forums board. Too many horror stories about the modding over there.

+1

Potential interest here depending on how things develop.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• Unseelie Fae
    • Email
We can play here. :)

FInding a worthy and -commited- DM has been the difficulty so far.  Srious DM applications only please.

I would but I am truly not so good with DMing...too add and need to focus on one character at a time.

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
And I don't know either setting well enough.  I do know that halflings eat anything in Dark Sun, and that the interpolitical workings are fairly complex in Planescape.

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
I'd play a Binder in Planescape, or a Dread Necromancer in Dark Sun.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Any Dark Sun game would require using the material from athas.org.
Notes to self

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• Unseelie Fae
    • Email

Of course. Thought that went without saying...

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email

I meant that people should.  You do realize that not everyone is aware of that website right?   :P
Notes to self

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email

I meant that people should.  You do realize that not everyone is aware of that website right?   :P
I know I had been there before but now it looks like it is down. I can't get to it and confirmed it is down for others as well.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
If need be, I have all of their pdfs.

Edit: It seems the site got hacked.
« Last Edit: October 01, 2010, 01:23:51 PM by Nanshork »
Notes to self

Thistledown Thurbertaut

• Unseelie Fae
    • Email
Will the real DM please sand up? Pretty Please?  :bow :cake

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Will the real DM please sand up? Pretty Please?  :bow :cake
+1

I have a concept for both now, but don't have the time to run a game otherwise I would take one on.