Author Topic: Town of Ladydove  (Read 16544 times)

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
Re: Town of Ladydove
« Reply #40 on: August 06, 2008, 07:15:32 PM »
Inside the Temple

The villagers and the accompanying guards had been ushered into the main hall of the temple, where they were invited to sit on benches. The children were taken to a side chapel and coaxed to sit down to listen to the stories of an old acolyte (who hadn't been an acolyte until late in life, and had many stories to tell).

The temple head was a elderly priestess whose most striking feature was a braid of grey hair that reached almost down to her feet. Her attire was simple except for a few insignia of rank, and her manner very dignified, without seeming in the least stern. Her name was Tolandra Dravin, and she was well respected among the temple heads of Ladydove. At present she was discussing how to proceed with Sergeant Holden. She was not in the least unhappy that her temple had been chosen as a refuge. Any larger costs could be forwarded to the town, while the minor task of feeding the villagers was easily taken care of by magic. Solving the actual problem was a major concern, on the other hand, one which would require her due attention, and that of other priests, too. The temple held four older priests of significant experience (including her), six of intermediate level, and several who had just been bearing their holy symbols for a few years.

As Agnak and Tynien entered Holden pointed them out to her, and she immediately waved for them to join.
'Greetings and warm blessings, friends. May the morning sun always shine upon you', she said as they approached, for she was old and mellowed enough to understand that not everyone may wish the blessing of Lathander, but few disliked the morning sun.
'I understand that you may know something about these tragic occurences. We would all be very grateful to hear your thoughts.'

At that moment Devanar and Maglu'glath entered. Tolandra's gaze wandered towards them, and she shot a distinct frown towards Devanar, while she showed only a thin smile to the goblin. A dedicated observer may have noted a very brief hint of surprise on her face when she looked at Maglu'glath, but no hostility. [Spot + Sense Motive DC 20]. In spite of her apparent bout of displeasure at seeing Devanar she waved him over, too, and the tone of her greeting wasn't unfriendly - albeit delivered with a note of admonition.
'Warm greetings, Brother Devanar. May the morning lord light your way so that you may see.' She turned her attention to the goblin.
'And warm greetings to you, also, friend. Since Brother Devanar brought you here I assume you, too, have an interest in these occurances. Let us now all move to a quieter place and discuss how to procede. Do you all agree?'
She swept the small group with her gaze.

[spoiler]
Tolandra's Aura: 17
[/spoiler]

Pan-Fried Hamster

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #41 on: August 07, 2008, 12:31:07 PM »
Tynien bowed politely and stood to the side as Tolandra addressed the newest arrivals.  He didn't catch her reaction to Devanar or the goblin [Spot = 8]; his attention was diverted as he looked around the grand hall, taking in the architecture and ornamentation, as well as possible exits.

His attention snapped back as she spoke, and he nodded in agreement at her proposition, though his actions carried a hint of hesitation.

"That would be prudent.  And how shall we address you, Lady?"

------------ Rolls ------------
[spoiler]
Spot: 1d20+7 = 8

Spot + Sense Motive DC 20 if you care to realize that he's not exactly thrilled to be here, particularly in the presence of a high-ranking Cleric.
[/spoiler]

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: August 07, 2008, 08:29:40 PM »
Maglu'glath noted that the priestess did not address him with the morning sun greeting as she did the others. It was a small courtesy, which he appreciated. He did note however the small hint of surprise when she saw him. [spot/SM: 25/31] Devanar had a similar look of shock when they first met as well, though he did not hide the fact. Did she see something in him as well?

The large winged man caught Maglu'glath's attention, but the giant fellow was rather hard to miss. Mag wondered if he could fight as impressively as he looked. It had been a while since Mag had fought a worthy opponent.

When they made their small round of introductions, after Mag named himself, she responded with a simple "Be welcome, son of Maglubiyet". It was another small gesture which caught Maglu'glath by surprise. Though her translation was slightly off, the fact that she could even decipher his name demonstrated the scope of her knowledge.

Despite the priestess' warm gestures however, Maglu'glath still felt at unease within the temple.

edit: fixed typos, added the last line.
« Last Edit: August 08, 2008, 04:05:24 AM by Surreal »
---
"The late, sedate, and no to great." ~Surreal

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.
Archived version of the above with working links

The Mango Index - a giant index for all things D&D and where to find them
The Mango List Reborn! - rehosted by KellKheraptis

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities
Alternative Class Features
alternative ways to get class skills

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #43 on: August 07, 2008, 10:16:06 PM »
Agnak's gaze had been shifting between Lady Dravin and the children, judging her character while keeping an eye on their safety. As she spoke, Agnak saw her eyes widen at something behind him. [Spot: 22] Agnak turned slightly to see another entering the temple with a goblin by his side. Agnak thought for a moment. What had surprised her? The goblin? Agnak looked the little creature over. [Aura Check: 16 vs. 14] He didn't seem like much, but there was something off-putting about him that made Agnak wary. The cleric didn't seem to be the source of her surprise, though he sensed a certain tension between the two. Either way, Agnak made sure to keep an eye on the little one. [Sense Motive: 26]

Agnak shook his head, realizing the lapse in his attention that he had given Tolandra. 'Focus Agnak, no time for speculating now. These children need our help.' With one last glance towards the children, Agnak caught Mara's eye. She smirked and gave him a thumbs-up. Agnak smiled sadly, then lifted his gaze and settled it back on Lady Dravin. 'I will offer all that I can, priestess.

Rolls[spoiler]
Spot: 22
Aura Check: 16 vs. 14
Sense Motive: 26
[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #44 on: August 08, 2008, 12:44:40 PM »
Inside the Temple
Tolandra introduced herself as Tolandra Dravin, Head Priestess of the Ladydove temple of Lathander. Technically Devanar was her equal, since the church of Lathander had no formal hierarchy, any temple head had equal status. Of course Devanar was the only cleric within the temple in Lundeth, and Lundeth had only a small group of worshippers of Lathander, in spite of a temple building that was not much smaller than in Ladydove. This was largely Devanar's fault, generally Lathander was not unpopular. Tolandra expected a great deal of integrity from clerics of her own belief, hence her dislike of the - in her view - self-indulgence that Devanar displayed. He was fat, a drunkard, and now he had neglected to keep his own graveyard hallowed. She was, in fact, surprised that Lathander had not long ago revoked Devanar's powers as a cleric.

Tolandra accepted the introductions and offers of assistance gracefully.
'Please follow me', she said when everybody had introduced himself. She moved out of the main hall into a stone-paved hallway, and from there up a flight of winding stairs. Finally the group arrived at large room on the first uppper floor with a large oval table of dark wood and heavy chairs. She seated herself at one head of the oval and indicated for the others to also take seats. Aside from Agnak, Tynien, Maglu'glath and Devanar there was Sergeant Holden, and another priest who introduced himself as Mortens Gallow, Priest of Lathander. He carried a ledger, quill and ink bottle, and immediately prepared to note down whatever information was presented.

'Let us first pool our knowledge', Tolandra said. 'Brother Devanar, I believe you have had the earliest experience with these occurences. Please begin.'

Devanar got up, his girth necessitating a generous shift of his chair. His pose was humble, almost wretched, yet equally determined.
'Sister, Brother, honoured guests', Devanar began, 'please hear my tale. It was a week ago that the young Merredith Cantilop gave birth to her baby boy. This same baby boy here.' He indicated the bundle he had still been carrying. The baby had fallen asleep sometime earlier after he had fed it milk and honey by letting it drip from a twig into its mouth.
'The lass took to breast-feed it, usually, and was so left by herself in her room. Not much milk she had, or so it was said, but she still tried. Three days ago the father, Moffet Cantilop was his name, found her in said room, lying dead with the baby in her arms. There was then a great commotion, during which young Moffet took his baby boy into an adjacent room to calm him. He was a good lad, young Moffet. Alas, he, too, was found dead by his parents when they were preparing to have the late Merredith moved. These events I was told by the parents, later. The bodies were brought to my temple and I put them below the ground. The family was not poor, but hadn't the money to pay for a raising of the two of them. I was.... too drunk to pay much attention, and did not examine the bodies. I was also too drunk to notice.... that I had not renewedly hallowed my graveyard. I cannot but do penance for this offence. I request no easy forgiveness.'
He looked at Tolandra with a genuinely crestfallen look. She smiled a little uneasily.
'It is not for me to judge you, Brother Devanar. Lathander has chosen to forgoe your punishment for now. Perhaps he also has other penance in mind for you.'
Devanar heaved a sigh.
'I will continue, then', he said a little unnecessarily, and braced himself for the hardest part of his tale. 'That night the deceased rose from their graves as undead wights to haunt the living. They went into hiding somewhere in Lundeth, the guards and the Jasites are looking for them. This was my gravest hour, and the one that brought me to my senses. It also drove fear into my very bones. The child was still in the care of his grand-parents. Mad with anxiety I rushed to find them and determine the cause for his parents' demise. Perhaps I was... rash. My words were hasty. They misunderstood my intention. They delayed me while the boy's uncle, Garret Cantilop, yonder man who now also lies dead in his very temple, took the baby and fled from Lundeth. Again mad with anxiety I communed with our Lord Lathander, and from him received the answer that it was the child that was to blame. And that there were more like him. But my questions... my questions... were rash. And my interpretation was... wrong, at the time.'
He paused and let a very humbled gaze sweep the onlookers.

[ooc]
[spoiler]
Morten's Aura: 12

More later. You can interupt if you like.[/spoiler]

Pan-Fried Hamster

« Reply #45 on: August 09, 2008, 04:14:14 AM »
Tynien met Devanar's gaze with a hint of skepticism.  He seemed largely unconcerned with the cleric's personal issues; it was the matter at hand that bothered him.

"The infant can't be the first to cause these things--the other refugee children have several seasons behind them, and one of them seems to have killed another child with similarly Necromantic energies.  If this taint is something that starts at birth, then why hasn't anything happened before this time?  If it isn't, then why is it showing up now?"

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #46 on: August 09, 2008, 01:50:42 PM »
Agnak listened intently to the priest seated across from him.He took noted of the man's irresponsibility, but felt a certain empathy towards him, as he considered his own past. All that mattered now was that this Devanar was trying to set himself straight and get this figured out. And that was fine by Agnak.

Then next to him, Tynien began to speak. Agnak shook his head as the elf finished.

It did not infect the children at birth. Or if it had, it was at least dormant until now. One of the children, Mara, told me herself that she did not gain these abilities since sometime last week. She just woke up one morning to find a strange flow of energy in her, and had gained the use of these powers. I know not as to why it is happening now. But we to find out, now, before it spreads or worsens. And another question. Why ONLY the children? As disgusting as it is to target children, there must be some ulterior reasoning behind it...

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #47 on: August 09, 2008, 08:14:53 PM »
The eyes at the table turned to Maglu'glath, as if asking 'what brings you here?'

"That child that Devanar carries has a tainted touch. When I happened upon the babe and the deceased Garret in the wilderness outside of Ladydove, the child grasped my hand and I felt as if my life energies had suddenly been drained from me. After a brief... incident after meeting Devanar, he offered his healing magic to me in exchange for aiding the children of his hometown... which seems to be brewing into quite a mystery here."
---

Some Handy Links for CO Work (WotC 339 version) - a compilation of links for base/prestige class handbooks, tactics, spellcasting, character builds, D&D databases, etc.

Lists of Stuff - listing of class features etc and how to get them, etc. sort of like above but a little more specific and sorted by category
Polymorph, Wildshape and Shapechange, oh my! (comparison charts) - side-by-side comparison of all the various form altering abilities

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: August 11, 2008, 10:26:02 AM »
Devanar nodded at each speaker, his mind pushing his own gilt into the background involuntarily, and digging into the problem at hand.
'Aye, your observations are right, honoured Tynien Xinn. And yours are most intriguing, friend Agnak. I had not actually talked with any of the children before, a sore oversight, and one I am anxious to amend.

To conclude my tale: I rushed after Garret in hopes of saving him. I had thought the baby was posessed by a fiend. But alas, Garret had already died, and after meeting the honoured Maglu'glath I examined the baby with magic: a True Seeing spell, and a Know Opponent spell.
And what I found.... there was no fiend. It was the baby itself. Strange abilities manifested themselves within it. Those of you familiar with magic may know similar abilities. This babe here can produce an effect akin to the Enervation spell, and another akin to the Ray of Enfeeblement, albeit not at range, and the effect itself is even more powerful. It can also produce a small healthening effect, akin to the False Life spell, and apparently even heal wounds, if it so wishes. However, it's a mere babe. I doubt it knows what it is doing. I could detect no evil in it.'
He paused and took a deep breath.
'Where these abilities come from I cannot say. I am very intrigued at your words, honoured Agnak, that the child confessed to suddenly receiving these abilities. May I ask whether it was also a Lundeth child? When I communed I asked about children from Lundeth, and recieved a positive reply, but I had not asked about children from elsewhere. I also had not asked about adults. I was obsessed with the idea that these children were posessed.'

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #49 on: August 11, 2008, 04:29:12 PM »
Agnak frowned as he spoke, 'You know, I never did get to ask her. I had assumed she was from Ladydove, but she could be from anywhere in the surrounding area.' He then perked up, 'Perhaps we could bring her in and let her tell her own story? It'd certainly give us all a different perspective.'

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #50 on: August 13, 2008, 11:04:14 AM »
[ooc][spoiler]
Are you guys waiting for me? I thought we would have another round of posts before it's my turn again. Well, I'll just put in a snipped.[/spoiler]

Tolandra nodded at Agnak's words.
'Aye, so I think, too. Brother Mortens, would you please accompany the honoured Agnak to get said girl?'
Mortens nodded, put his writing utensils on the table and got up, ready to go and get Mara with Agnak.

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #51 on: August 13, 2008, 03:53:34 PM »
Maglu'glath shifted about in his seat. He was not accustomed to waiting, much less sitting about in a cold hewn room. He did not have much to contribute to the mystery; it seemed the others had much more experience with the "infected" children than he.

As Agnak walked by, the two locked eyes once again. Though a great difference in stature between them, they could both sense a great deal of experience in the other, experience that only came from battle.

OOC
[spoiler]the muse hasn't been with me lately, and I don't really have anything to add to the current conversation[/spoiler]
---

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #52 on: August 13, 2008, 11:34:18 PM »
Agnak stepped out of the room with Mortens at his side. Mortens led Agnak back to the main hall; this time he made sure to remember the way between the two rooms, just in case. Entering into the room, Agnak saw that the children still listened intently to the acolyte, while the parents and guards were talking to one another, though at a much calmer level than before. Agnak gestured for Mortens to stay, and made his way towards the group of children. The children turned as he approached.

'I apologize for my interruption, honored acolyte, but we require the services of Mara. May I borrow her for a moment?'
With a nod from the acolyte and a look of assurance from Agnak, Mara stood and joined the goliath. The acolyte went back to spinning the tales of his old days, the kids oohing and ahhing at the more vivid explanations of various beast the man had confronted.

'So, have you figured out what's going on yet?' Mara asked as she jogged next to Agnak's giant strides. Agnak laughed. 'It's much more complicated then that Mara, but we are certainly making progress.' His face darkened, 'Though it seems this matter could get a lot worse if we don't do anything. When we get to the meeting, I'm going to need you to be completely honest and tell them everything that you know. Where you're from. What you can do. How many of the kids are affected, and anything else important. Can you do that for me?'

Mara nodded and smiled at him just as they reached the meeting room. Heads turned as they reseated themselves, Mara pulling herself in next to Agnak. He met everyone's eye as he spoke. 'Friends, may I present Miss Mara, the girl I spoke of earlier.' With a nod from Agnak, Mara began to speak.

OOC[spoiler]
Not sure if you wanted to have her say anything different, or if any of the other NPCs would interrupt her as she spoke, so I'll leave what she says to you.[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #53 on: August 15, 2008, 07:20:38 AM »
Tolandra came forward and took Mara's hand as she entered.
'Welcome to this important meeting, Mara', she said with a wink at her.
'Please sit.'
After everyone was seated Mara looked around the room with an air of juvenile fearlessness. A tentative observer, though, would undoubtedly notice a few signs of hidden nervosity. She started with a mostly firm voice.
'Hello, I am Mara, from Lundeth. We live there most of the year. My parents work for the mining firms, but they are not mine workers. They handle the big animals. When the animals are in mating season they won't mine, so we come to Ladydove. We came here a few days ago.'
She looked around at the expectant faces. She was moving onto unsafer ground, and threw a final look at Agnak for reassurance.
'A few days ago there was a strange night. Nothing actually happened, but many people felt something. In the morning some people were different. Mostly the children. Most of us felt different. As if something was flowing through us. We children talked about it among ourselves, and decided to keep it a secret from the adults. We tried to see what we could do, but many things felt dangerous, so I and some other older children urged the little ones not to do anything. We scared them... maybe. One day I wanted to try out what I could do. There was a little kitty who used to come to our house. I tried out.... something that seemed wholesome. And the kitty seemed happy. Then I wanted to see what else I could do... unfortunately the kitty died. I was very unhappy.'
She pouted, as before as she had told Agnak.
'Then I felt one thing would not kill people, only make them weaker, and I tried it on a horse. I could push over the horse after doing that. That was quite funny. And when we came here I used it to do arm-wrestling with some miners. I beat two miners like that. Only Agnak....he is too strong, he let me win.'
She pouted again, looking at Agnak.
Tolandra nodded and smiled.
'Thank you, Mara. Let me ask you, can you do things that are not related to hurting or healing people?'
Mara thought for a second and frowned, as if feeling inside herself.
'I.... don't think so. I can do normal things... '
Tolandra nodded again.
'And can the other children do similar things?'
Mara nodded.
'I think so. We scared the smaller ones into not using anything, but....'
And then she suddenly was reminded of something, and her expression grew anxious.
'What happened with Dold? Is he alright? You could help him, right?'
Tolandra still smiled, but painfully.
'I am afraid not, Mara. Dold.... died, and we don't have enough money in this temple to raise him from the dead. You see, these abilities.... are very dangerous. And if you don't take a lot of care, something bad might happen.'
Mara was quite mature for her age, but she was still just a 12-year old girl. Her eyes became teary.
'But... we thought if the little ones don't... please help Dold.'
Tolandra came over to stand behind her chair and began stroking her head.
'We will do all we can, but...' her face became bitter, as she stood behind Mara and the child could not see it, '...it seems the gods decided that longevity is not for everyone. Only for those with money....'

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #54 on: August 16, 2008, 12:17:01 PM »
But that is no way for a child's life to end! He was given no chance at life!' Agnak frowned inwardly. He looked Tolandra squarely in the eye. 'I made a promise to Mara that I'd take care of everything. I don't go back on my promises. What's the cost?'

OOC[spoiler]
I already know the cost for a Resurrection, but Agnak wouldn't, so I'm just playing that out. To be in character, if I get the gold I'll put some of it towards bringing Dold back. Agnak will probably try to convince the others to join in for paying, but he'll pay it alone if no one wants to. Because he's friendly and chaotic good like that. I mean, it's only 10,000 gold right? Also, sorry if this is off course from the storyline, but I'm just thinking of what Agnak would do.[/spoiler]

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #55 on: August 17, 2008, 08:59:53 PM »
Maglu'glath had to contain a snort. It was not at the giant's offer to help raise Dold. No, that in of itself was a noble if somewhat futile effort. It was the entire situation which seemed ridiculous to him. Life and death were sacred, not merely a state of being to be passed back and forth as a commodity. Bah.

OOC[spoiler]I don't really have much to say right now. It's kind of Agnak's moment. Mag will not offer anything (and has nothing to offer anyways).[/spoiler]
---

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: August 18, 2008, 01:55:01 PM »
The clerics present gave Agnak a grateful look. Tolandra smiled.
'I thank you for your generous offer. Raising someone from the dead requires a sacrifice of five thousand gold pieces, and even if he is raised the boy will always be frailer than he was. The greatest resurrection spells can restore a person to full health, but we have noone to cast them, here. Also, the cost is even greater.'
Tolandra faltered, because she came to the basic dilemma every good-aligned cleric faced at one time or the other (and temple heads faced it all the time): The temple COULD actually pay for a Raise Dead immediately. But that would benefit ONE person and cost a third to half of the temple's annual budget. The temple would have to quit many other beneficiary tasks for the benefit of one child.
She furrowed her brow, sighed, then continued.
'Most temples won't cast any magic to raise people from the dead without an applicant covering the cost. The reason being that far too many people die every day to raise all of them. In this case, however, for such a tragedy, the temple would cover a part of the cost for a casting of Raise Dead. However, we make no difference between the child and yon' Garret Cantilop who was delivered just now. I doubt we can raise both of them. Honoured Agnak, how would you solve this dilemma? Would you pay all the cost for the child, and perhaps someone else could collect money for Garret? Unfortunately this baby's parents are beyond saving. They have already become undead.'
She hesitated. There was of course a much cheaper way of raising the people. Unfortunately noone in this temple, and likely as not noone in town could do it. It also carried a certain stigma, and people who had benefitted from it sometimes never overcame the downsides, and some even totally broke down, mentally. She was loathe to suggest it.

Smudgy

• Curious George
« Reply #57 on: August 18, 2008, 06:55:40 PM »
Agnak listened intently as Tolandra outlined what could be done. His heart sank as she mentioned the price. He had nowhere near the amount necessary to bring Dold back, not even mentioning Garret. He could definitely tell that she had left something unsaid, but he figured he could talk to her later about it. [Sense Motive:26 vs. 20 (Hunch)] Agnak's eyes glazed over as he stared of into space. Then, suddenly, he blinked, and flicked his wings.

'I don't have the money,' he said, 'But there must be something that can be done.' He began to pace. 'Now, churches must have some amount of money kept, in order to maintain the church and help others, though maybe not to this degree. But what if I, or we,' he said as his eyes swept across the others, 'were to cover the entire cost of returning Dold an Garret to life? I can put down 500 gold right now. Afterwards, I will acquire more gold and continue to make donations to the church, or die trying at least.' He spread his arms out wide in offering. 'Is this reasonable? Tynien? Magloo'glath (trying his best not to butcher the name)? Are you in on this?'

Pan-Fried Hamster

« Reply #58 on: August 18, 2008, 07:50:49 PM »
Tynien considered the offer, his gaze somewhat distant.  He hadn't quite expected this; crusading to save the life of a peasant child was somewhere near the bottom of his list of concerns when he'd entered Ladydove--just beneath having lunch with a Blue Dragon or teaching a half-Orc the finer points of arcane notation.

Even after the events in the tavern, he didn't think the Half-Dragon would be so bent on bringing the boy back.  If they brought back two complete strangers, then where was the line supposed to be?  Earning favor with the Temple of Lathander was one thing, becoming the go-to team for peasant resurrections was another entirely.  He looked up, his eyes meeting Agnak's.

"I don't know what exactly you're trying to accomplish.  I doubt either the boy or the baby's uncle even know as much as we do."  Tynien shook his head.  "I'll help, if only to see what more we can learn of all this--but payment is beyond my means, for the time being."

He looked over at the doorway and frowned.

"If we go through with this, everyone out there is going to have to know that it's to learn more about this plague.  The temple can't afford to be seen as a source of free resurrection magic."

Surreal

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #59 on: August 20, 2008, 03:08:48 PM »
When Agnak looked over in his direction, Maglu'glath shrugged un-apologetically.

"You people talk as if life were some blasted commodity." Mag snorts to indicate that he has nothing else to add, but the continued glances  from the group draw out the awkward silence.

"Bah, well I agree with the Elf. We're not supposed to be some sort of charity for these people. I've offered Devanar my assistance in uncovering this mystery, not throwing money at people, besides the point of which I haven't got any."
---