Author Topic: Optimizing Soulfused Construct  (Read 6708 times)

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
Re: Optimizing Soulfused Construct
« Reply #20 on: October 18, 2010, 11:39:41 AM »
UMD'd Horseshoes of the Flame would fix some of your intelligence problem since they give an unlisted bonus of +10 Int, +6 Cha, +2 Dex, fly speed 90 good, and 1d4 fire damage on hooves.
Isn't there a warforged that looks like a centaur? Seems like an easy fix to negate UMD needs.
Only if they have the Tauric Belt, which is a minor artifact.
So, better question: Is there a tauric-like construct already in existence without horrifyingly bad physical stats? Polymorph/alter self/mind-switch shenanigans would also solve that problem.

edit: Aside from applying the Tauric template, I mean.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:41:46 AM by McPoyo »
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #21 on: October 18, 2010, 11:42:05 AM »
UMD'd Horseshoes of the Flame would fix some of your intelligence problem since they give an unlisted bonus of +10 Int, +6 Cha, +2 Dex, fly speed 90 good, and 1d4 fire damage on hooves.
Isn't there a warforged that looks like a centaur? Seems like an easy fix to negate UMD needs.
So, better question: Is there a tauric-like construct already in existence without horrifyingly bad physical stats? Polymorph/alter self/mind-switch shenanigans would also solve that problem.
Zelekhut from MM1.  Can't Mind Switch, though, since that's Mind-affecting.  Also has an INT score, so it's unavailable for Soulfused.
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 11:45:01 AM by snakeman830 »
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: October 18, 2010, 11:43:25 AM »
Zelekhut from MM1
And now to do something very evil with all of this for a game I'm planning out...:evil:
[Spoiler]

They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #23 on: October 18, 2010, 11:46:09 AM »
Animated object?

A Small animated object shaped like a pegasus has 1HD (replaced by class levels), +2 natural armor, 50ft speed, 25ft fly (clumsy). If it's made of wood it also has a swim speed of 25ft. Str 10/Dex 12/Con -/Int -/Wis 1/Cha 1 and hardness depending solely on the material used to create it. Use adamantine (hardness 20) and you're pretty much indestructible at low levels.

A Large animated object has 4HD, +5 natural armor, 40ft/20ft speed, Str 16/Dex 10 and can trample
« Last Edit: October 18, 2010, 12:00:35 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: October 18, 2010, 11:55:48 AM »
Animated object?

A Small animated object shaped like a pegasus has 1HD (replaced by class levels), 50ft speed, 25ft fly (clumsy). If it's made of wood it also has a swim speed of 25ft. Str 10/Dex 12/Con -/Int -/Wis 1/Cha 1 and hardness depending solely on the material used to create it. Use adamantine and you're pretty much indestructible at low levels.
hardened obdurium, anyone?

Edit: Except for those using Mountain Hammer strike...
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #25 on: October 18, 2010, 11:59:50 AM »
Tiny animated object: 1/2HD, no natural armor, Str 8/Dex 14, speed 60ft/fly 30ft (clumsy)...
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #26 on: October 18, 2010, 12:50:01 PM »
Okay: Incarnate Construct Tauric Effigy Soulfused Construct Warforged+Whatever animal.

Ending La, +2. Incarnate Construct -2, Tauric (per mm2 update. Humanoid LA +3) +3, Effigy None (Actually a null, but it's due to not having an int score, which the next template negates), Soulfused +1. End result, +2.

Total changes/losses:

Types/Subtypes: Lose Construct type, gain Humanoid type (incarnate), Lose Living Construct Subtype, become Monstrous Humanoid (tauric), Lose Monstrous Humanoid type, gain Construct type (Effigy), gain Living Construct subtype (Soulfused) - End result: Construct (Living Construct).

Scores: Str (Base Animal/Vermind/Whatever used for lower half of Tauric) + 4, Dex Base bottom Half, Con 10, Int set to 3, Wis set to 11, Cha set to 3. That's kind of kicked-in-the-face on the mentals.

Special Attacks and Special Qualities: Retain all natural attacks from bottom half's form, lose and then regain warforged's slam attack, retain all special attacks of lower half EXCEPT those with save DCs based on Con, Lose all special Qualities of lower half, gain some crappy x/adamantine DR, get free essentia equal to 1/6th level, soulbound resistance ability, and possibly 1 essentia/level for free (depending on how that ability listed under Hit Dice for soulfused is read).

Conversely, this could all be done via Animated Object + Soulfused Construct, or even just Awaken Construct. So really not worth it.

That's about what I give up with for trying to utilize this in some weird fashion. Not enough gain for the effort, and it's easier to do other ways. Awakening via Awaken Construct, despite being a 9th level spell, would be the easiest way to do it despite having to extrapolate an LA for it, no matter what. I am disheartened, now.
[Spoiler]

[/spoiler]

Brainpiercing

• Hong Kong
  • Thread Killer
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: October 19, 2010, 09:53:06 AM »
Animated object?

Okay: Incarnate Construct Tauric Effigy Soulfused Construct Warforged+Whatever animal.

Ending La, +2. Incarnate Construct -2, Tauric (per mm2 update. Humanoid LA +3) +3, Effigy None (Actually a null, but it's due to not having an int score, which the next template negates), Soulfused +1. End result, +2.

As soon as you allow "LA -" constructs to qualify, then all the problems are gone. The only reason everyone has been using dustform so far is to avoid the "LA -", which basically every non-intelligent construct has.