Author Topic: Hook sword  (Read 1427 times)

fauntix

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
  • In search for the legendary "I win button" ~Lilium
    • Email
Hook sword
« on: September 28, 2010, 03:33:19 AM »
i am looking for a hook swords for 3.5e d&d. http://www.qi.com/talk/viewtopic.php?t=16163&start=29&sid=e0bd6beb80c62bb7b0be66a459b084e1

with all the feats add plus to climbs and what not
Current PCs:
Level 2 Artificer
Level 11 Rogue

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
Re: Hook sword
« Reply #1 on: September 28, 2010, 03:58:19 AM »
Hook Swords already exist in D&D.  They are in Secrets of Sarlona.
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #2 on: September 28, 2010, 04:52:23 AM »
Rule of cool demands...

http://www.spike.com/full-episode/shaolin-monk-vs/32088

I don't think the rules are quite adequate enough in representing just how lethal those swords are.  I think it would be fair to change the Tiger Style feat to treat the weapon as a two-handed weapon while using the reach option.  From a game standpoint, it's really the least you could do when you consider that the feat has 3 pre-req feats (4 if you want to avoid the extra -2 penalty for not having OTWF), none of which are particularly good.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 05:43:12 AM by X-Codes »

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #3 on: September 28, 2010, 05:43:22 PM »
Well, they certainly provide a lot of options, but not really that much more than the 'straight' sword(which is one of the most popular weapons worldwide in it's time and independently invented anywhere there is conflict and plenty of metal.), that too is amendable to a large variety of techniques and has the perk of being relativel hard to mess up.

Seems like careful application of feats to complement the weapon's usages to me.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."