Author Topic: My Archery Ranger Build  (Read 1412 times)

Jaamus

• Noob
    • Email
My Archery Ranger Build
« on: July 01, 2008, 06:58:48 PM »
Elven Ranger(Archery)
Str 10
Con 14
Dex 20 (18 +2 racial)
Int 10
Wis 13 (11 +2 racial)
Cha 8

Skills Trained:
Acrobatics
Athletics
Perception
Stealth
Nature(class)

Feats:
Toughness
Defensive Mobility

At-Will:
Twin Strike
Nimble Strike

Encounter:
Evasive Strike

Daily:
Hunter's Bear Trap

I feel like toughness was a mistake but not much I can do now except do better with the next feats I can get.  I absolutely love twin strike and HBT, used it on the goblin in KotS near the beginning (we TPK'd so I thought I should go all out) and we had no trouble with the encounter the second time.  He's wearing leather armor at the moment and weilding a Long Bow.  I plan on Paragoning to Battlefield Archer, am I on the right track so far?  If you could recommend feats and powers going forward I would appreciate it.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
Re: My Archery Ranger Build
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2008, 03:46:38 AM »
20 Dex is a waste, even going to just 19 Dex gets you 16 Wisdom, a vastly superior investment

Weapon Focus is plain better than Toughness for a Striker (but you should have taken Elven Precision anyway)

Evasive Strike is pointless with your low Wisdom seeing that Nimble Strike is just as good, but the real shame is that you didn't go right after that awesome Immediate Action power

Overall, 2/5.  You saw that Dex was important, but beyond that did virtually nothing optimal with the character.