Author Topic: Statting Touhou  (Read 44283 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Statting Touhou
« Reply #80 on: January 28, 2011, 09:19:46 PM »
This is too perfect.
Quote from: Dragon #337
SPELL GRAFT [GENERAL]
Your special insight into arcane theory allows you to imbue a body part with the inherent power of one of your spells.
Prerequisite: Knowledge (arcana) 8 ranks, Craft Wondrous Item, ability to cast arcane spells without preparation.
Effect: You may, by sacrificing one of the spells you currently know, endow a body part with a magical ability similar to that of the spell you sacrificed. You may not regain the sacrificed spell even if you subsequently gain the ability to learn a new spell of that level. In a sense you still retain the chosen spell, but you simply use it in a different way. Treat the DC of any saving throw for this ability as equal to that of the spell you sacrificed. Using a spell graft requires a standard action; you may use the ability granted by a spell graft once per day per 4 character levels.
Special: You may take this feat multiple times. Each time you must sacrifice a different spell and endow a different body part with a power.

GRAFTS
The following spell grafts present only a sampling of those available.
After Images (Su): During moments of exertion the sweat glands embedded in your skin release a potent illusion, generating frozen images of yourself to shimmer in your wake. Any round in which you move more than 5 feet you gain a +2 dodge bonus to AC due to the brief yet confusing illusory duplicates of yourself you create along your path. You must permanently sacrifice mirror image to gain this effect. Once activated, this ability lasts for 1 round/class level.
Cinder Fists (Su): Rough as charcoal, your hands thrive on heat and are capable of exploding into flames. Your hands (only) gain immunity to fire, permitting you to do such things as reach into lava pits, grab flaming weapons, or punch fire creatures without harm. Since the rest of your body
enjoys no such immunity you remain vulnerable to any fire spells and effects affecting more than just your hands. Furthermore, you may, as a standard action, ignite or extinguish your hands. When alight, your unarmed strikes deal an additional 1d4 points of fire damage. You must permanently sacrifice burning hands to gain this effect. Once activated, this ability lasts for 1 round/class level.
Cobra's Hood (Su): At one with the shadows and the terrors of the night, you may cause the folds of your neck and upper back to rear up in a startling display of palpable menace. You can cause the skin around your neck and shoulders to flare up and form a shape similar to that of a cobra's hood, granting you a +4 bonus on Intimidate checks against any foe able to see you, in addition, if you succeed in intimidating a foe while you enjoy partial concealment against him he must make a Will save or become frightened for 1 round class level. You must permanently sacrifice scare to gain this effect. Once activated, this ability lasts for 1 round.
Red Eye (Su): A piercing beam of crimson light erupts from one of your eyes, allowing you to focus your undivided attention on one specific foe. This allows you to add your Intelligence modifier as well as your Dexterity modifier on any ranged attack rolls made against your foe so long as you refrain from attacking anyone else and he remains within line of sight. You must permanently sacrifice true strike to gain this effect. Once activated, this ability lasts for 1 round/class level.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #81 on: March 01, 2011, 05:01:20 PM »
Ayaya, how to stat Aya?
Random link.

My first thought for race is Shadow creature Mercury dragon wyrmling for Fly 300ft (perfect), but that's Tiny. Otherwise a raptoran would fit (including higher CL for Air spells), but it's not fast enough. Maybe something with Fast Movement combined with White Dragonspawn.

Maybe an unarmed swordsage focused on Setting Sun, with the "throws" being blasts of wind from her fan. And Tornado Throw for Illusory Dominance of course.

Alternately, Deadly Hunter druid, which covers her ability to track down scoops. Stacking the Urban Ranger variant onto your ranger-derived features would help.

So a possible build would be:
Raptoran Urban deadly hunter druid 20
Feats: Aerial Reflexes, Air Heritage, Expeditious Dodge, Improved Flight, Run
Equipment: Pectoral of maneuverability, Wand of gust of wind, That item that grants the Shadow creature template

Fly 185ft (perfect), assuming Shadow takes effect last. Replacing raptoran with White dragonspawn (30ft speed race) would result in a fly speed of 315ft.
EDIT: Maybe a shifter druid so animal companion can be traded for Beast Spirit.
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 05:07:59 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #82 on: March 01, 2011, 05:13:38 PM »
Can we adapt the Chuck E. Cheese build, accounting for the nerf to Footsteps of the Divine, maybe?
Also, there is no item that grants the Shadow template. You're thinking of the Collar of Umbral Metamorphosis, which gives the Dark template, but that doesn't multiply your movement speeds by 1.5 (though it does give at least +10 ft.).
« Last Edit: March 01, 2011, 05:15:11 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #84 on: March 01, 2011, 05:22:48 PM »
Quote from: Aya Shameimaru
Shadow creature White dragonspawn Shifter (dreamsight) Ardent 1/Psychic warrior 1/Urban deadly hunter shifter druid of Farlanghn 18, LA bought off
Feats: Aerial Reflexes, Air Heritage, Battleshifter TrainingRoE, Combat Expertise, Expeditious Dodge, Fleet of FootPGtF, Hurricane Breath, Improved Flight, Practiced Manifester (ardent)
Bonus Feats: Extra Shifter Trait (longstride), Speed of Thought
Flaws: ?, ?
Traits: Quick
Mantles: Freedom, ?
Powers: Hustle
Spells: Control Winds, Whirlwind, Wind Wall
Equipment: Belt of Battle (gain extra actions), Panther Mask (gain Run in light/no armour), Pectoral of Maneuverability (maneuverability +1 step), Slippers (geta) of the Setting Sun [Tornado Throw], Wind God Fan (staff of gust of wind and footsteps of the divine)

Speed:
30ft (base)
+10ft (Quick)
+10ft (longstride)
+10ft (Freedom mantle)
+10ft (Speed of Thought)
+10ft (Fleet of Foot)
+60ft (fast movement)
x2 (white dragonspawn)
+30ft (Air Heritage)
x1.5 (shadow)

= 210ft, Fly 465ft (perfect)
While running: 1860ft/rd = 94.488m/s = 340.1568km/h = Mach 0.28

EDIT: Added some stuff used by the Chuck E. Cheese build. If immediately discharged, footsteps of the divine grants +150ft land speed for 1 round; that means +300ft fly speed. If she uses her belt of battle or hustle to take an extra move action she can pass the Mach 0.5 mark.
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 10:03:06 AM by Prime32 »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #85 on: March 01, 2011, 05:30:17 PM »
A single level of Ardent can give another +10 ft. while psionically focused via Freedom Mantle, and can then take Speed of Thought for another +10 (both of these just say "your speed", so I assume they can apply to fly speeds as well). If you take it late enough and combine it with Practiced Manifester, Aya can then take Hustle as one of her powers known. Her pp will be meager, but it's there, for what it's worth.
And, again, there is no item that grants the Shadow Creature template.
And to punish you for being a sneaky edit ninja, the Shadow Creature template is +2 LA. :p
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #86 on: March 12, 2011, 11:57:11 PM »
Note to self: look up the Krinth from Champions of Ruin.

Apart from that...
http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Bonded_Familiar
http://www.realmshelps.net/cgi-bin/featbox.pl?feat=Celestial_Familiar

Youmu Konpaku
Necropolitan half-elf Duskblade 3/Swordsage 17
Feats: Attain Familiar, Bonded Familiar, Celestial Familiar, Human Heritage

Myon, Lantern Archon familiar
Feats: Tomb-Tainted Soul

By some interpretations, an undead with Human Heritage is healed by both positive and negative energy.

Alternately
Youmu Konpaku
Necropolitan half-elf Crusader 10/Eternal blade 10
Feats: Human Heritage
« Last Edit: March 16, 2011, 08:56:48 AM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #87 on: March 15, 2011, 08:05:09 PM »
How does this sound?

1 Sub-boss: Lv3-4
1 Boss: Lv5-6

2 Sub-boss: Lv6-7
2 Boss: Lv8-9

3 Sub-boss: Lv9-10
3 Boss: Lv11-12

4 Sub-boss: Lv12-13
4 Boss: Lv14-15

5 Sub-boss: Lv15-16
5 Boss: Lv17-18

6 Sub-boss: Lv18-19
6 Boss: Lv20-21

EX Sub-boss: Lv21-22
EX Boss: Lv23-24

Phantasm Sub-boss: Lv24-25
Phantasm Boss: Lv26+
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #89 on: March 16, 2011, 02:43:43 AM »
They DO rather effortlessly crush the first three bosses normally, given the dialogue they don't even break a sweat until Boss 4 or so.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #90 on: March 16, 2011, 07:30:37 PM »
They DO rather effortlessly crush the first three bosses normally, given the dialogue they don't even break a sweat until Boss 4 or so.

However, stage 3 bosses already start being quite heavy weights. Alice Margatroid (Ex boss from a previous game, doll army), Keine (reality eraser), Punch-Cloud girl (in soviet Gengokyo, the heavens pierce you!), China (garden keeper)... Ok, scrap the last one. But they're still miles ahead of the Stage 2 bosses: CHEN! (lost kitty), Sparrow girl (yumy snack), Kogasa (lost umbrella), Cirno (STRONGEST ONE THERE IS!)... Damn you EoSD! Stop messing up with my logic!

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #91 on: March 17, 2011, 09:58:06 AM »
Stage 1 and 2 are usually the heroines just wandering around and beating random people up or getting attacked out of the blue. The Stage 3 boss might be stronger, but likely isn't fighting at full power(Alice was Ex once, and Keine is an Ex midboss) because of various reasons, and points the heroine towards the true destination, one way or another. Stage 4+ is all straight to the plot.

Of course, Imperishable Night and Subterranean Animism are minor exceptions, since IN teams are seriously hardcore, with an Ex or Final boss on each team, while SA is 1.5 heroes.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #92 on: March 17, 2011, 11:44:35 PM »
Someone's running a 4e Touhou game at GitP, and 4e really does fit the spellcard system pretty closely (which is an arbitrary construct designed for balance between those with supernatural powers and those without :p).

So that got me thinking. Give each character two sets of stats. Use the 4e stats for spellcard duels and the 3.5e stats for everything else. Character level remains the same between them, despite because of the different scales.

Am I crazy?
My work

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #93 on: March 17, 2011, 11:58:07 PM »
Well, if you're just starting to ask yourself that when you find yourself statting up Touhou characters in a weird cross between 4e and 3.5e... :p

But yeah, that could work pretty well, actually. Of course, it's harder to murder someone in 4e than it was before, but spellcard duels aren't about power, just hits.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #94 on: March 23, 2011, 12:46:34 PM »
I wonder how this would stack with haste or Fly like an arrow spell from dragon 308.  Fly like an arrow lets you fly at 10x your normal speed if you do nothing but fly in a straight line.  I have been wondering if you can break the sound barrier or not.  My last count was 4600 feet per round without using polymorph.

1 round = 6 seconds.
Dark Ancient Mercury Dragon: 310 Flight Speed. +Haste 340 Flight Speed. +RWrath 680 Flight Speed.
'Run' Action Flight 2,720 movement. +Burn Travel Devotion 3,400 movement. IF Fly like an Arrow replaces the x4 run with a x10 run 7,480 movement. If I'm right this is more than sufficient speed to generate a sonic boom. I'm not very good at this though, so you might seek out some of the TO builds, like 'Chuck' (though, I think that was updated/errata'd to no longer work at full capacity).
Ghostwalk Campaign Option [p66]: Rapid Wrath +1 mighty cleaving shortspear - doubles the speed of a creature that carries it. 11,702gp
« Last Edit: March 23, 2011, 09:26:48 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #95 on: April 27, 2011, 10:20:02 AM »
Mima

Human SP Ghost (bought off) 1/Wizard 7/Warlock 3/Eldritch theurge 10
Feats: Ghostly Grasp, Practiced Spellcaster (wizard)
Invocations: eldritch cone, eldritch spear, fell flight, penetrating blast
Spells: prismatic sphere
Equipment: Chasuble of fell power, Staff of power/warlock's scepter

When Marisa casts Orreries Sun it stays around her as a barrier. When Mima uses it she throws it. Guess what Spellblast lets you do?
« Last Edit: April 27, 2011, 11:06:05 AM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #97 on: April 27, 2011, 10:41:19 AM »
Don't you need to take the whole "official" template classes before you can take other classes?
Not the online ones. And even if you did, you could just take the ghost level last.
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #98 on: April 27, 2011, 10:52:20 AM »
You're still making her an over lv 20 character because you needed enough exp to level up to take the first level, and then you burned more exp for the bought off. Even if you claim exponential exp increase once you've done the bought-off, she would still need to fight more stuff than the 20th level characters here to pay off all her levels.

Otherwise we may as well stack a template dip on everybody here.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #99 on: May 04, 2011, 08:08:44 PM »
Otherwise we may as well stack a template dip on everybody here.
Templates aren't appropriate for everybody.

Reimu Hakurei
Human Cleric (Force, OracleB, Sun) 5/Force missile mage 5/Divine oracle 7/Argent savant 3
Variants: Spontaneous casting
Feats: Bind Vestige, Empower Spell, Extra Spell (overland flight), Improved Bind Vestige, Practiced Binder, Practiced Spellcaster (cleric), Skill Focus [Knowledge (religion)], Transdimensional Spell
Spells: ethereal jaunt, overland flight (+ domain spells)
Equipment: Cloak of etherealness, Monk's belt
The Argent Savant levels could be swapped for more Divine Oracle levels if you really want Immunity to Surprise.
If spontaneous divine casters aren't allowed, Spontaneous domain casting (Force) works as a substitute.
« Last Edit: October 25, 2011, 09:58:07 PM by Prime32 »
My work