Author Topic: Statting Touhou  (Read 44297 times)

oslecamo

• Grape ape
Re: Statting Touhou
« Reply #40 on: December 03, 2010, 12:10:11 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wB4bE1xFrm4#t=2m8s
That's a fan game borrowing Touhou characters you realize that?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EOzwsmRXBo
Half-fan game as Zun didn't do the drawings. After all we're talking about @9:Idiot defeating Marisa! And even if it's 100% cannon, well, it still took her 12.8 games to get it working.

Besides, it's not like the fly spell is outlawed. (or ethereal jaunt for that matter)

Meh, fair enough, but would Marisa waste her magic energy with something not shiny? I much prefer Veekie's vision where Marisa may be able to fly on her own, but her customized broom is what allows her to keep up with Reimu and raiding the Scarlet Devil Mansion now and then.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]

And thus Touhou 12.8 is easily explained by Marisa taking it easy. She herself says she wants to test her new slave spell, and broomstick would've been overkill on that situation.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #41 on: December 03, 2010, 12:22:48 PM »
ZUN works on fangames now? :p

Half-fan game as Zun didn't do the drawings. After all we're talking about @9:Idiot defeating Marisa! And even if it's 100% cannon, well, it still took her 12.8 games to get it working.
Cirno did not defeat Marisa. At the start, Marisa says "A fairy, eh? I'll go easy on you". Note the names of her spellcards, like "Master-Spark-like Flashlight", which can be blocked by thin barriers and requires standing in the beam for several seconds to KO. She's still an EX boss for Cirno, and apparently one of the toughest EX bosses in the series. Even if you win, Cirno is near death while Marisa is "You've become surprisingly tough for a fairy, but I've got stuff to do so I can't play any longer."

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]broomstick would've been overkill on that situation.
Was the "r" a typo or not? I can't tell. :p
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 12:27:53 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #42 on: December 03, 2010, 12:49:31 PM »
Yeah, Marisa just acknowledged that 'wow, even a fairy could put up a fight'.

Though with the Freeze mechanic Cirno would have been better off fighting someone who uses hideously large numbers of contiguous bullets instead of giant unfreezable laser beams. Unfortunately only Marisa would feel like playing with a fairy over flattening said fairy. Like said unnamed character.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #43 on: December 03, 2010, 01:18:45 PM »
ZUN works on fangames now? :p
Canonically, Seihou occupies a similar place as the PC-98 games. Take that as you will.

Cirno did not defeat Marisa. At the start, Marisa says "A fairy, eh? I'll go easy on you". Note the names of her spellcards, like "Master-Spark-like Flashlight", which can be blocked by thin barriers and requires standing in the beam for several seconds to KO. She's still an EX boss for Cirno, and apparently one of the toughest EX bosses in the series. Even if you win, Cirno is near death while Marisa is "You've become surprisingly tough for a fairy, but I've got stuff to do so I can't play any longer."
ZUN made the story, and it's part of the Touhou series, so it can be considered canon. It's canon in the same way as the fighters are: That is, canon. :p
Also, that... thing she rides in IN looks more like a vine than a broom with the way it bends, but it does have the... brushy thing.
As for the lasers: As Prime said, those weren't real lasers. More like laser pointers. Although it's kind of mean to point an infrared beam at an ice fairy.

[spoiler]

[/spoiler]broomstick would've been overkill on that situation.
Was the "r" a typo or not? I can't tell. :p
Both.
« Last Edit: December 03, 2010, 01:25:56 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #44 on: December 09, 2010, 04:39:47 PM »
Take a look at the Knight of the Risen Scepter feat. As it's Exalted, it can be used in a build which gets access to spells like phoenix fire (2d6/CL burst, kills you but creates a resurrection effect afterwards). And since you get revived by a follower of your god, you don't lose a level.

I think you can guess which character I'm thinking of.
Other feats: Bloodline of Fire, Fire Bloodline, Nimbus of Light

Hard to pull off without gestalt. With gestalt, something like...
Human Sorcerer 16/Exalted arcanist 4//Saint 2/Ranger 8/Binder 1/Exalted arcanist 1/Monk 2/Swordsage 8
Additional Feats: Ascetic Mage, Azure Toughness, Tireless, Troll-Blooded
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 04:49:05 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #45 on: December 09, 2010, 04:44:29 PM »
Mechanically speaking cool. My main beef with it is that Mokou isn't exactly Exalted. There's a reason one of her cards is called Honest Man's Death. As a mechanical approximation, though, it works.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #46 on: December 09, 2010, 04:48:46 PM »
Mechanically speaking cool. My main beef with it is that Mokou isn't exactly Exalted. There's a reason one of her cards is called Honest Man's Death. As a mechanical approximation, though, it works.
Phoenixes are exalted though. As such, most of the explicitly phoenix-themed stuff is exalted.

There's a 3rd-level Sanctified spell which lets you switch between "Wings that grant fly 100ft (good)", "set things on fire by looking at them" and "turn your arm into a flaming sword" each round.

Now, Sanctified spells inflict ability damage but...
Wait. "Possessed by Phoenix"? Thy name art Naberius. :D

BoED also has some "shooting star" themed spells which any Wiz/Sor can access.
« Last Edit: December 09, 2010, 06:08:32 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #47 on: December 12, 2010, 11:49:40 PM »
Rumia

Halfling warlock 1
Feats: Weapon Focus (eldritch blast)
Invocations: Darkness
:p
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #48 on: December 13, 2010, 06:57:04 AM »
Without the darkvision invocation huh, I approve. :D
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #49 on: December 14, 2010, 01:05:28 PM »
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VcHJvsOb984
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C0eDNX1UvOc

Stuff Suika needs:

Antipathy
Burning Hands (or other cone of fire)
Gaseous Form
Giant Size
Incendiary Cloud(?)
Minute Size
Stomp?
Sphere of Ultimate Destruction
Summon Monster III+ or Summon Swarm
Sympathy
Wind Wall

Also needs high Str (and Hulking Hurler/Throw Anything?), but Drunken Master doesn't synergise well. Think "must not become sober" is a valid wu jen taboo? :p

Unarmed swordsage/Jade Phoenix Mage maybe? Oni Sign "Massacre on Mt. Ooe" = Tornado Throw

EDIT: Density domain anyone? :p
« Last Edit: December 27, 2010, 10:48:08 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #50 on: December 30, 2010, 06:55:47 PM »
Rumia

Halfling warlock 1
Feats: Weapon Focus (eldritch blast)
Invocations: Darkness
:p
[spoiler]
Ex-Rumia

Halfling Warlock 5/Binder 1/Ur-Priest 2/Hellfire Warlock 3/Eldritch Theurge 8

Feats: Weapon Focus (Eldritch Blast), Extend Spell, Persistent Spell, Divine Metamagic (Persistent Spell)
Invocations: Darkness, Eldritch Glaive, Utterdark Blast
Spells: Divine Power, Righteous Might
[/spoiler]
:P

As for Suika... given how borked she is, maybe Arcane Swordsage/JPM?

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #51 on: January 05, 2011, 01:31:48 PM »
Assuming that Sanae is Divine Rank 0, what would be the ranks/domains of Kanako and Suwako?
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #52 on: January 05, 2011, 01:40:34 PM »
I see Air, Scalykind, War, and Weather for Kanako and Community, Earth, Water and one other for Suwako. Is there a "curse" domain? Kanako took over the Scalykind part of Suwako's portfolio after beating her and becoming the official deity of Moriya, thus becoming associated with the Mishaguji as well (though Suwako technically still controls them).
In rank, I'd put them relatively low. They're only just recovering from the loss of faith in the outside world, after all.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #53 on: January 05, 2011, 01:43:00 PM »
Note that there are Sky, Metal and Feast domains. Suwako has associations with metal, and both have roles as harvest gods.

Sanae worships them as a pantheon, gaining the Air and Water domains. If she gains another domain it's Feast.
« Last Edit: January 05, 2011, 01:48:04 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #54 on: January 05, 2011, 01:46:05 PM »
Note that there are Sky, Metal and Feast domains. Suwako has associations with metal, and both have roles as harvest gods.
Throw 'em in. :p That would make six each, which is appropiate, I'd say.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #55 on: January 05, 2011, 01:53:00 PM »
So that would make

Kanako Yasaka
Demigod
Domains: Air, Feast, Scalykind, Sky, War, Weather

Suwako Moriya
Demigod
Domains: Community, Earth, Feast, Hatred, Metal, Water

Sanae Kochiya
Hero-deity Human cleric (Kanako and Suwako) 19/Contemplative 1
Domains: Air, Feast, Water
« Last Edit: January 06, 2011, 10:52:05 AM by Prime32 »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #56 on: January 05, 2011, 01:58:50 PM »
If there's a domain that can be cast as a "curse" domain, I'd advocate replacing Scalykind on Suwako with that. A big part of domains is a god's portfolio - since Kanako (possibly inadvertedly) took that part of the portfolio from Suwako, Suwako herself possibly isn't spiritually associated with the snakes anymore despite technically still being the one who controls them.
Actually makes it fun to think about FR deities and working behind the scenes.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #57 on: January 05, 2011, 04:20:03 PM »
If there's a domain that can be cast as a "curse" domain, I'd advocate replacing Scalykind on Suwako with that.
There's Summoner, Entropy, Retrubution, Decay...
My work

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #58 on: January 05, 2011, 09:24:33 PM »
Luck maybe? The curses are technically just misfortunes.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #59 on: January 05, 2011, 09:40:07 PM »
My work