Author Topic: So Annoying  (Read 8979 times)

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: So Annoying
« Reply #40 on: September 27, 2010, 08:47:16 PM »
I'm fairly confident that I can, in fact, hold up, say, three Butterfingers. :P
What would be the point?  It's not like they'll be carrying much cash on them.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Talore

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Viking Skald
    • Email
« Reply #41 on: September 27, 2010, 09:19:52 PM »
I understand GitP can be a nightmare for rules and general CO, but on the other hand they have e the most reliable and vast Play-by-post community that I've seen. (which is my sole use of that forum)
Backseat moderator (voice) -_-

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #42 on: September 27, 2010, 09:21:49 PM »
I understand GitP can be a nightmare for rules and general CO, but on the other hand they have e the most reliable and vast Play-by-post community that I've seen. (which is my sole use of that forum)

Same with Agita. But you'll never see me PbP outside of BG.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #43 on: September 27, 2010, 09:29:30 PM »
FYI guys, you are all "TO lunatics."

Quote from: crizh
The lack of any text even suggesting that you can do so?

There is a number of bits in the text talking about Prison Planes that strongly indicate that there is nothing you can do about plane shifting.

Other than Forbiddance obviously.  Which is what PhaedrusXY and all the other TO lunatics in the BG thread are using.  Which also strongly suggests that Genesis doesn't let you do that.
Stolen from GitP

OH NOS! this thread has been read 666 times!!! the horror!
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 09:31:41 PM by BeholderSlayer »
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

the_shadowmind

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2010, 09:35:04 PM »
At this rate I think Beheld and olentu are trolling or they have a below highschool level of reading comprehension.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2010, 09:35:32 PM »

Same with Agita. But you'll never see me PbP outside of BG.
I just can't keep up with multiple RP forums.  I've tried before and failed.

Sorry, Ithamar, but odds are I won't be able to do anything on myth-weavers.
Planetouched Handbook

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2010, 09:38:44 PM »

There is a number of bits in the text talking about Prison Planes that strongly indicate that there is nothing you can do about plane shifting.

Other than Forbiddance obviously.  Which is what PhaedrusXY and all the other TO lunatics in the BG thread are using.  Which also strongly suggests that Genesis doesn't let you do that.
Stolen from GitP

They can call us what they want. I've told them time and time again that TO is not practical for play.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2010, 09:41:33 PM »

Stolen from GitP

They can call us what they want. I've told them time and time again that TO is not practical for play.
Inability to separate TO and practical play seems to be the rule, rather than the exception to the rule.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2010, 09:46:17 PM »
Inability to separate TO and practical play seems to be the rule, rather than the exception to the rule.

A few of them get it. The ones that do are often the more respectable posters there anyway. The rest are just rabble.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2010, 10:03:56 PM »
I'm not even sure where the one guy got the term "hypothetical optimization." No one uses that.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2010, 10:12:59 PM »
I'm not even sure where the one guy got the term "hypothetical optimization." No one uses that.
I agree with that assessment of how common it is.
Planetouched Handbook

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2010, 10:16:09 PM »
Used only 4 times that Google can detect?  I don't think I've ever found something with that few hits.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Nanshork

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • BOO!
    • Email
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2010, 10:22:39 PM »

:lmao

Did you read the description of the second link?  "based on the hypothetical optimization of a floor tile video"
My babies - A thread of random builds I've come up with over the years.
Notes to self

raith0

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2010, 10:25:31 PM »
Used only 4 times that Google can detect?  I don't think I've ever found something with that few hits.

before Wizards destroyed there boards it may be been found more.  it was the term that either proceeded or lost the "Format War" to TO

emaNsdrawkcaB

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Unicorn Power!
    • Email
« Reply #54 on: September 28, 2010, 01:34:43 AM »

Let me introduce you to the worst online game ever. You must not have much of a life to spend time doing this... I got one...

snakeman830

• Organ Grinder
  • BG's resident furry min/maxxer
« Reply #55 on: September 28, 2010, 01:37:40 AM »
Fewest I ever got was searching for my own screenname to get onto the WotC boards through my high school firewall (I was surprised it worked, honestly).  This was, of course, before it became the craptastic mess it is now.
I am constantly amazed by how many DM's ban Tomb of Battle.  The book doesn't even exist!

Quotes:[spoiler]
By yes, she means no.
That explains so much about my life.
hiicantcomeupwithacharacterthatisntaghostwhyisthatamijustretardedorsomething
Why would you even do this? It hurts my eyes and looks like you ate your keyboard before suffering an attack of explosive diarrhea.
[/spoiler]

If using Genesis to hide your phylactry, set it at -300 degrees farenheit.  See how do-gooders fare with a liquid atmosphere.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #56 on: September 28, 2010, 02:57:29 AM »

Let me introduce you to the worst online game ever. You must not have much of a life to spend time doing this... I got one...

4 pages, but I am one of the top 10 thread starters here. And it isn't showing much from my days on Faelmax.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

SorO_Lost

• Man in Gorilla Suit
  • I'll kill you before you're born.
« Reply #57 on: September 28, 2010, 03:12:16 AM »
Of course, since I'm currently involved over there in a debate on what a "standard class" is with someone who believes that examples of a phrase in use don't count as evidence for what that phrase means... ugh.  Having now quoted SRD, PHBII, Dungeonscape, Tome of Battle, and Tome of Magic, all of which use it in the same was (it's the same as Base Class or Basic Class), he's still going off about how I haven't given him a definition so it's impossible to know what the phrase means.
Hey I recall that one, I argued against it with you too. I recall you didn't really quote anything useful too, likely nothing given recent examples of our headbutts.

Anyway, don't use lame examples.
A: PHBII page 5 says it adds four new standard classes.
B: Page 31 says standard classes when talking about the PHB's base classes but fails to use that term 20 words later when talking about the rest.
Horrible loss on A's end, unless mentioned otherwise, base class != standard class. Not quite the direction you are headed for.

Find something strong.

Then PM it to me. I recall somewhere in one of the books something finally tipped me over to all base classes are standard classes but I forgot where.
Tiers explained in 8 sentences. With examples!
[spoiler]Tiers break down into who has spellcasting more than anything else due to spells being better than anything else in the game.
6: Skill based. Commoner, Expert, Samurai.
5: Mundane warrior. Barbarian, Fighter, Monk.
4: Partial casters. Adapt, Hexblade, Paladin, Ranger, Spelltheif.
3: Focused casters. Bard, Beguiler, Dread Necromancer, Martial Adapts, Warmage.
2: Full casters. Favored Soul, Psion, Sorcerer, Wu Jen.
1: Elitists. Artificer, Cleric, Druid, Wizard.
0: Gods. StP Erudite, Illthid Savant, Pun-Pun, Rocks fall & you die.
[/spoiler]

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #58 on: September 28, 2010, 12:36:50 PM »
@JaronK

NO, YOU!!!
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #59 on: September 28, 2010, 04:48:47 PM »
I get 22 results, not counting the "did you mean 'boll weevil'?" :P