Author Topic: So Annoying  (Read 8978 times)

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
So Annoying
« on: September 24, 2010, 08:17:31 PM »
This is a little off topic, but meh....I'm bored and wanted to vent.

Why the hell can barely one thread be see completion on GitP without Pun-Pun being mentioned? It's like these morons are fanatics and want to service Khan sexually.
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
Re: So Annoying
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2010, 08:24:39 PM »
Because while there are quite a few decent people over there, there are still some holdovers who have a 'lol pun-pun' mentality and constantly mention him for cool points.

lianightdemon

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2010, 08:26:33 PM »
Why hasn't WOTC fixed the combo for pun pun anytime during the period that they still published 3.5 books?

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2010, 08:31:20 PM »
Why hasn't WOTC fixed the combo for pun pun anytime during the period that they still published 3.5 books?
They have a bad track record with errata. See: Tome of Battle.

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2010, 08:40:04 PM »
To add on to this sentiment, having people say things about DM rulings in a TO discussion bothers me.

Hi Welcome
[spoiler]
Allow me to welcome you both with my literal words and with an active display of how much you fit in by being tone deaf, dumb, and uncritical of your babbling myself.[/spoiler]

Esser-Z

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2010, 09:43:15 PM »
Pretty sure this is related to my mentioning of him in the Asmodeus thread, and so I'm going to defend that.

I specifically mentioned him because of the (a) perfect at X fluff and (b) overdeity reference. Normally, yeah, he's overmentioned. I think this place wasn't too bad, though.

emaNsdrawkcaB

• That monkey with the orange ass cheeks
  • Unicorn Power!
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 25, 2010, 03:59:55 AM »
This thread reminds me of something funny Pun-Pun said the other day... I love Pun Pun. Pun Pun makes great puns. Pun Pun puns.

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 25, 2010, 04:21:13 AM »

Why the hell can barely one thread be see completion on GitP without Pun-Pun being mentioned? It's like these morons are fanatics and want to service Khan sexually.

what does GitP mean?

I always thought it meant 'Give into the Pun-Pun'  but i guess im wrong...
Slappin ho's like E-Honda

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 25, 2010, 04:36:49 AM »

what does GitP mean?

I always thought it meant 'Give into the Pun-Pun'  but i guess im wrong...

Giant it the Playground. Home of Order of the Stick (one of the best DnD comics around), a lot of TV Tropes regulars, and a handful of decent optimizers surrounded by idiots.

And when I say a handful, it's Prime 32, Kuromaiken, Agita, myself, a few more from here that I forget (sorry guys), and about two dozen others that are native to GiantITP.

And when I say surrounded by idiots, I mean it.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

emaNsdrawkcaB

• Unicorn Power!
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: September 25, 2010, 04:52:27 AM »

What do you mean? Sir Giacomo is a GENIUS. Have you ever read "Beating Batman"? Monks >>> Wizards. They do 1d20 with 1 PUNCH! And most importantly they run FASTER!

.. lol.

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2010, 04:54:16 AM »
I wonder if it's worthwhile for me to check and see if my old account over there is still servicable...

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2010, 05:02:58 AM »

What do you mean? Sir Giacomo is a GENIUS. Have you ever read "Beating Batman"? Monks >>> Wizards. They do 1d20 with 1 PUNCH! And most importantly they run FASTER!

.. lol.

He's a genius on Opposite Day and you know it.

Still, he's not as bad as Ael...

[spoiler][/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2010, 05:06:34 AM »

.. lol.

He's a genius on Opposite Day and you know it.

Still, he's not as bad as Ael...
Oh gods, that's the "Avariel are worth +3 LA" guy, isn't it?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2010, 05:10:43 AM »
Oh gods, that's the "Avariel are worth +3 LA" guy, isn't it?

Aelrynth (I can still spell that name?) was the Sword and Board guy. He broke quote tags and doesn't learn anything.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

X-Codes

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #14 on: September 25, 2010, 05:13:55 AM »
Yeah, I remember him.  I first saw the guy when he was trolling a thread asking for suggestions on how to adjust the Avariel's LA because the OP didn't think it was an accurate reflection of their ability.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #15 on: September 25, 2010, 05:17:35 AM »
Yeah, I remember him.  I first saw the guy when he was trolling a thread asking for suggestions on how to adjust the Avariel's LA because the OP didn't think it was an accurate reflection of their ability.

Ah. Didn't read that thread (stuck mainly to the classes section).

[spoiler][/spoiler]

BeholderSlayer

• Hong Kong
« Reply #16 on: September 25, 2010, 12:31:34 PM »
And when I say a handful, it's Prime 32, Kuromaiken, Agita, myself, a few more from here that I forget (sorry guys), and about two dozen others that are native to GiantITP.
Oh nos! I'm going to cry! (just kidding)
Hi Welcome
[spoiler]

emaNsdrawkcaB

• Unicorn Power!
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: September 25, 2010, 02:14:24 PM »
Oh nos! I'm going to cry! (just kidding)

You and Lycanthromancer can cry together.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #18 on: September 25, 2010, 02:44:58 PM »
I don't think Kuro and Agita have ever posted in the D&D-related sections. I just invited them over to participate in RPs, and haven't otherwise seen them outside of the BlazBlue/Touhou threads respectively. :p

EDIT: *checks* Nope. :P

Giacomo... IIRC, every thread he starts results in about three members being banned for flaming. He builds all his work on the premise that Core is perfectly balanced, and that supplements weren't intended to be used (which is why he doesn't read them, but still complains about how overpowered soulknives are compared to wizards). Take a look at The Adventures of Fistbeard Beardfist, which feature a monk named "Giamoco" who is a billionaire or something.
« Last Edit: September 25, 2010, 02:59:28 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

kalaskaagathas

• Bi-Curious George
  • "Seek Perfection of Character" - Gichin Funakoshi
« Reply #19 on: September 25, 2010, 03:31:16 PM »
While I doubt I'm one of the decent optimizers over on GitP (You guys are a bit out of my league, shall we say) there's definitely a reason I come here for any mechanical or optimization questions.  Not to disparage the forums at GitP, but many vocal posters there seem to be playing a very different form of 3.5 than I.  One where the Giacomonk might make better sense than a wizard for example.