Author Topic: The Forgotten Forge  (Read 25873 times)

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
Re: The Forgotten Forge
« Reply #20 on: September 24, 2010, 03:43:08 AM »
The cloaked figure turns to face Cumulo,   It said as it started a large arc.

[spoiler]1d20+2=6, 1d8+4=10 Swing and a miss.[/spoiler]

The blow misses as Cumulo dodges to the side, and the force of the swing unbalances the figure. It catches itself just short of falling, but its hood fell in the process, revealing its metallic head.

As the fighting continues, shouts can be heard from the nearby towers, "Hey, stop that!" "Call the Watch!" "Murder!" "They're murdering that man!"

[spoiler]Sorry for the lack of updating the combat map, it seems to have confused you...doing so now, edit as you see fit.[/spoiler]
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
« Reply #21 on: September 24, 2010, 09:00:58 AM »
Sim yells out "Yes! Call the Watch! That warforged with the axe has just murdered someone! And is trying for more!" this was said in his smooth voice while a loaded hand crossbow was drawn. He then proceeds to move forward 30 ft back towards the fighting.

[spoiler]Free action to call for guards, move action to draw loaded crossbow, move action to move back towards the fight 30 ft to C1(retracing half his previous route).[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 24, 2010, 07:27:13 PM by ShadowViper »
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #22 on: September 24, 2010, 09:28:07 AM »
Cumulo follows after the 'forged, not willing to let it retreat. His body flares up with silvery energy.

Criminal, you have violated the laws of god and of man!  Surrender now, lest I be forced to call down fire upon you!

Holding his holy symbol aloft, a jet of phantasmal flames shoots up, coalescing into a silvery cloud fifty feet above.  It crackles with flashes of pale energy, promising rapid destruction.

Did you really think you could get away with murder in front of a vessel of the Silver Flame?

[spoiler]5' step to B9, activate positive energy channeling.  OOC, I'm hoping that someone freaks out and gives him an excuse to make a "demonstration" by just blowing up his axe instead.[/spoiler]
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #23 on: September 25, 2010, 08:53:11 PM »
Seeing his opportunity for disabling a dangerous foe, Marl decides to end this threat now.
He reaches into the depths of his minds, and draw upon his powers, creating a slippery floor below the warforged enemy.
He proceeds to reload his crossbow, as he yells: "We shall take you alive, Murderer!"

[spoiler]Move action to reload crossbow, Standard action to manifest Psionic Grease (I now have 3PP left for today), targeting squares C9-D10. He has to succeed on a DC 16 reflex save or fall prone, if he succeeds, he still have to test a DC 10 Balance test to walk in the area. Until my next turn.[/spoiler]
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: September 25, 2010, 10:38:03 PM »
[spoiler]1d20=18

Cloaked Figure ?
Sim 19
Cumulo 13
Marl 10
One 8[/spoiler]

"We shall see," Retorted the warforged as it gracefully executed another swing at Cumulo.

[spoiler]1d20+2=5, 1d8+4=5 And another miss.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #25 on: September 26, 2010, 12:41:17 AM »
Sim moves straight east twenty-five feet and side steps south 5 feet. Facing the axe-wielding warforged he asks "Tell me, do you enjoy colors?" Left hand making the necessary somatic motions as arcane words were whispered under his breath. Before fingers were delving into his spell component pouch for a packet of blue, red and yellow colored powder.  His hand then thrust out towards the warforged, producing a 15 foot cone of cascading colors just after the powder packet disappears.

[spoiler]Move to D6, cast color spray(Will DC 14). Color Spray round durations (2d4, 1d4=[3, 1], [1])

XX               S=Sim
SXXW   ---Cone
Bridge Edge       W=Warforged[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 12:59:21 AM by ShadowViper »
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #26 on: September 26, 2010, 12:47:02 AM »
[spoiler]@SV: Um, I'm at B9.  You should probably be one square south...[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
NEVERMIND IRRELEVANT

Fine.  I'll give him a warning shot first.

Cumulo snaps his fingers and a burning line of fire strikes down, obliterating the battleaxe in the warforged's hands.

I can keep this up for half an hour more.  You're in way over your head.  Give up and I'll show you mercy.

[spoiler]5' step to C8.  Discharge positive energy channeling effect, now at 3/4 turn undeads per day... I think we agreed that it just worked on nonmagical attended items, right?

And the half hour thing isn't technically a lie... it'd only be three strikes in that time, but he could stretch it out that long...

If it matters, roll for intimidate 1d20+3=19[/spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 01:20:07 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Planetouched Handbook

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #27 on: September 26, 2010, 01:11:49 AM »
The axe tumbles from the warforged hands, and he seems to freeze in place.

[spoiler]1d20=1 Yikes at 5 rounds of stunnedness.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #28 on: September 26, 2010, 01:21:03 AM »
Good job.  Does anyone have something to tie him with until the guards get here?
Planetouched Handbook

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #29 on: September 26, 2010, 01:26:23 AM »
He nods to Cumulo in responce to the praise. "Not I, I'm afraid." He still keeps his Hand Crossbow trained on the warforged.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2010, 01:46:18 AM »
Cumulo moves behind the stunned forged, out of his field of view.

Actually, come to think of it, I think I have something.

Cumulo pulls out a nice looking pair of tan-colored manacles. 

Help me clamp these onto his arms and legs, would you?  I don't want him escaping justice.

[spoiler]DC 16 wis check to turn shapesand into masterwork manacles... 1d20+4=18 success[/spoiler]
Planetouched Handbook

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2010, 04:29:10 AM »
Now that there's something to secure the warforged with, he puts away his Hand Crossbow before then moving to help with the manacles. "I would like to learn a few things from him first, perhaps we can question him before turning him over to the guards. What are we going to do about the other one?" Nodding to the deactivated Warforged. "He looks in bad shape."

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2010, 05:55:04 AM »
I'll try to bring him around.

Cumulo channels some healing energy into One Self, but it doesn't seem quite sufficient to bring him back fully.  He facepalms.

Right.  Warforged.  Well, the watch should have something to patch him up.

He brandishes his holy symbol, and his eyes start glowing with silver radiance again.  He turns to the bound warforged, staring into his soul.

Now, the question is, why have you cloaked figures suddenly decided to turn to murder?

[spoiler]First spell is Lesser Vigor if it works, otherwise CLW for (1d8+1=5)

Now concentrating upon Detect Thoughts (via spontaneous domain ACF).  CL3, if it ends up mattering [/spoiler]
Planetouched Handbook

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #33 on: September 26, 2010, 09:10:09 AM »
"A most dangerous foe this was, Remember asking him about where he gets his orders."
Marl squeaks as he examines the human body, looking for any dragonmarks especially.
"By the way, I'm Marl'Un Gruthi'Kal, but you can call me Marl, most gracious of allies, for a moment there, I'd think the 'forged would get the better of us."
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #34 on: September 26, 2010, 01:20:08 PM »
[spoiler]One gets healed 2.

Cumulo's
[spoiler]First round, yup it is sentient.

Second round, depending on your angle, you could catch a party member, and yup they are sentient.

After three rounds of concentration, 1d20=3
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #35 on: September 26, 2010, 05:52:59 PM »
And who put you up to this? 

[spoiler]I assume I'd get a little more verbalization, since you're supposedly able to use detect thoughts to find command words.  Not sure how doppelgangers manage to use detect thoughts so effectively.[/spoiler]
Planetouched Handbook

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #36 on: September 26, 2010, 08:49:20 PM »
Sim takes care to move the cloaked warforge's axe a good distance away from him, just in-case those manacles don't hold. He then assists Marl with checking out the dead body.

"I'm Jason, Jason Spencer" says the blonde spiky haired human as he looks through Bonal's pocket and belt pouch.

[spoiler]Bluff (1d20+8=23) [/spoiler]

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #37 on: September 27, 2010, 12:48:28 AM »
As Cumulo asks his question, the warforged seems to become less rigid. It turned its head to face him, with eyes burning with resentment, but it quickly looks away when a shrill blare of a Watch whistle sounds nearby.

[spoiler]Cumulo
[spoiler]An image of a large warforged, tinted green flashes through the warforged's mind, followed closely by one of the rail.[/spoiler][/spoiler]

The warforged turns back, "You only delay us!" It shouted as it made a clumsy lunge over the railing.

[spoiler]1d20=17 Will save vs feather fall[/spoiler]

Another blast of a Watch whistle suggests that the law enforcers are fast approaching.
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 03:40:04 AM by Sohala »
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #38 on: September 27, 2010, 01:28:14 AM »
He quickly moves to slip the coins and documents into one of his cloak's many pockets before the Watch arrive. Hiding them upon his form for later examination and inspection.

[spoiler]Slieght of HandDocuments(First) and Coins(Second) (1d20+7=26, 1d20+7=26)[/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #39 on: September 27, 2010, 03:48:14 AM »
You're not escaping that easily, murderer!

Cumulo jumps off the ledge after the warforged.  As he falls between buildings and bridges the silvery clouds follow above, descending like an angry god.  Eyes burning, he brandishes his holy symbol at the bound warforged falling below him.  The fool should learn to fear the dreadful wrath of the Silver Flame.  

[spoiler]Jump check in case this featherfall isn't as good as expected: 1d20+1=18.

Concentration check for casting DC 15 cause fear: 1d20+8=23

Not sure where I am, z-axis wise, relative to the 'forged.  I assume I'm like 10 feet above him or something.
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: September 27, 2010, 03:54:46 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Planetouched Handbook