Author Topic: The Forgotten Forge  (Read 25871 times)

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
Re: The Forgotten Forge
« Reply #140 on: November 28, 2010, 09:29:29 PM »
« Last Edit: November 28, 2010, 09:54:47 PM by Sohala »
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #141 on: December 31, 2010, 01:34:10 PM »
One appears somewhat confused about all that is happening outside, "It is not customary to trust your host?"
Sim gives a sneered reply, "I don't know about you all, but I don't trust anyone."

One gives him a side long glance, not sure what to make of the comment.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #142 on: January 03, 2011, 04:44:31 PM »
When you are as small as me, trusting anyone is pretty dangerous. Most civilized people love to kill dragons and steal their hoards anyway, why should they make a difference for a dragon such as myself?

He looks from person to warforged to person.

Now, shall we enter?
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #143 on: January 06, 2011, 12:59:59 AM »
"After you." Replied Sim sarcastically.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #144 on: January 13, 2011, 04:27:28 PM »
Whatever.

Cumulo enters, and takes a look around.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #145 on: January 13, 2011, 06:05:35 PM »
The warforged on either side of the door turn their gaze to you. As you cross the threshold, you can feel the IDs given to tingle a moment, but nothing more happens, and the warforged remain where they are standing.

In the building the lighting is dimmer than outside. There seems to be a low murmur with all the conversations and activities going on. Roughly half the tables in the establishment are occupied, with the widest assortment of patrons you have ever seen, ranging from blue goblins to winged humanoids. You could swear the top of one of the patrons seems familiar to something you have read about, but as you think that, it turns around. To your shock (or not) is a grey green humanoid, with tentacles coming from its mouth. Its eyes seem to bore into you, and then it turns its attention back to what it was doing.

Each of the tables has a Cannith seal on it, but not. Each is slightly different from the others in its own way.

Other than a few glances your way, no one looks like they are overly interested in you.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #146 on: January 14, 2011, 10:35:18 AM »
Marl looks around for a mark that matches the mark on the papers given, sometimes jumping to get a good look at the table, since he isn't that tall. He rummage around and tries not to get pushed aside by the larger folk of this tavern.

As soon as he saw the tentacly creature he felt much more secure, if these people allow non-humanoids to work for them, they will probably not mind working with dragons.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #147 on: January 14, 2011, 12:07:27 PM »
It takes you a few minutes of searching, but you eventually find a table with a seal matching yours. It is towards the back, in the more private section, with each table set into a recess with curtain doors. It is presently empty.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #148 on: January 16, 2011, 08:00:52 PM »
"I assume this is where we should meet our soon to be employer"

So should we grab a seat?
« Last Edit: January 17, 2011, 07:15:11 AM by Mixster »

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #149 on: January 17, 2011, 04:23:02 AM »
Ought to be
Cumulo buys an ale and sits back at the matching table, facing the door.  Even if you plunge into action, no point being stupid about it.

[spoiler]Anything I can do to emphasize my "not quite human"ness?  This seems to be a monster bar hive of scum and villainy eh let's go with monster bar.

Also, take 10 on knowledges to recognize stuff (and to tell if seeing the place in person has jogged Cumulo's memory about the place)
Arcana: 13
Local: 12
Nature: 12
Religion: 13
The planes:12[/spoiler]
Planetouched Handbook

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #150 on: January 17, 2011, 07:16:20 AM »
Marl climbs to the seat, not facing the door. Then remembers that he needs something to drink, after using about 15 minutes of trying to get noticed by the barkeep, he finally comes back with some cheap ale.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #151 on: January 17, 2011, 03:44:44 PM »
At this point, an eccentric walks in, and is greeted by one or two people upon his entrance. Lifting the goggles from his eyes and leaving them on his forehead, he takes a quick squint around the bar, his eyes eventually setting on a very specific table. He makes his way casually over, saying hi to one or two others before setting in a chair in the private booth. "Glad you made it here alright. I'm Marllow Bell, and I'll be working with you all shortly. I work for House Cannith."

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #152 on: January 17, 2011, 04:35:40 PM »
I'm Marl'Un Gruthi'Kal, but most of you without scales just call me Marl, which I have grown accustomed to. Pleased to be making you acquaintance. The kobold says as he stands on his seat, almost reaching the height of the human with this combined height. Extending his small hand in a gesture as to shake hands.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #153 on: January 17, 2011, 11:50:27 PM »
One speaks up, "You are the one who called us here then?"

"Hey, gears for brains; he said he would be working with us. Anyone who has gone through all this trouble to stay anonymous thus far isn't going to be doing any of the work." Replied Sim.

[spoiler]Being outside the workings of Cannith Cumulo won't know much about the bar, but he does recall it is one of their more unique establishments, and is starting to realize why (patrons).[/spoiler]
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #154 on: January 18, 2011, 12:05:00 AM »
A tall well muscled man approaches the table. He has a ridiculously over sized sword on his back, a chain shirt, and a helm made of glass or crystal on his head but not touching it. His forearms and calves have long sharp spines on them.
Gentlem.... Humanoids. Are any of your our employer? He holds up a piece of paper that bears the seal matching the that of this particular table. After a moment with no affirmative answer he sighs.
Very well then. I suppose we will either be working together or competing with each other for this job. You may call me Sumabah.  (pronounced soomba like the roomba robot)
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #155 on: January 18, 2011, 12:19:05 AM »
-Before Roomba arrives-
I hope you'll tolerate a modicum of distrust from us; for all we know the whole assault could have been a setup.  The guards *did* respond unusually quickly, and although Cannith has a good reputation it wouldn't be the first time one of the Houses involved outsiders in some byzantine mechanizations.  My oaths do not forbid underhanded activity, but I'm going to need to see a little more information before I agree to go along with you.

Cumulo mentally focuses for a second.  The shapesand slowly crawls out of the jug on his back, forming a thin layer over his skin.  Nothing obviously noticeable occurs until pale, frostlike markings start faintly covering Cumulo's body.

[spoiler]Wisdom check for shapesand (must beat DC 16)
1d20+4=21
I figure looking less human is probably best in an area like this.  Plus, if I'm going to blow half my money on an item, it has to be cool.
[/spoiler]
Planetouched Handbook

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #156 on: January 18, 2011, 02:09:34 AM »
Seeming to walk out of no where, a figure starts heading towards your table. Their features are concealed by a well made dark blue hooded cloak. The figure's appearance seems to animate one of the bartenders, as he hurries about, grabbing a few pitchers and glasses, and then rushing over to the table. A simple nod from the figure sends the bartender on his way. The content of the pitchers appears to be ale, wine, and water.

From under the hood a soft but clear voice can be heard, "It would appear you are all here." As the figure says this, they close the curtains around the alcove, and then lowers their hood. The person beneath it is a human female that has delicate features, dark blue eyes, and sleek black hair bound with silver and turquoise ornaments. She wears a signet ring of House Cannith on her right ring finger. "We have important business to discuss that relates to the unfortunate death of Bonal Geldem. Please, drink what you will.""I have been working with Provost Geldem to recover a family heirloom," Lady Elaydren explains. "We were to meet last night, but as you know, he never made it. I learned from the Watch what had transpired, and so sent one of my men to track you down." She continues. "The heirloom, according to family legends, was locked away in a foundry that dates back to pre-Galifar Sharn. Poor Bonal believed he discovered the location of the foundry in an ancient House Cannith journal. I was going to fund an expedition to go to the site, but without Bonal..." Her voice trails off. Then she leans close. "Perhaps you would be willing to recover the heirloom for me. For a generous reward, of course."
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #157 on: January 18, 2011, 03:12:24 AM »
Sounds like an intriguing endeavor.  I am curious, though, as to who would have a motive in preventing him from relocating the heirloom.  Is it possible that someone else has restarted work at the lost foundry for their own ends?
[spoiler]Know:Local 1d20+2=19[/spoiler]
Planetouched Handbook

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #158 on: January 18, 2011, 03:26:32 AM »
A look of worry crosses the lady's face, "My contacts have been unable to determine if the murder of Geldem is related to his recent research or just his affiliation with House Cannith. We do know that in either case, the warforged involved in the act was a servant of the Lord of Blades."
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

archangel.arcanis

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #159 on: January 18, 2011, 10:55:58 AM »
It sounds as if the tin men didn't want this foundry found. All the more reason to find it.
Clerics and Druids are like the 4 and 2 in 42. Together they are the answer to the ultimate question in D&D.
Retire the character before the DM smacks you with the Table as the book will feel totally inadequate now.-Hazren