Author Topic: Adventures in Eberron  (Read 13381 times)

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
Re: Adventures in Eberron
« Reply #80 on: December 22, 2010, 10:01:06 PM »
Sohala, I have to ask this: Would it be possible for me to go spontaneous casting cloistered cleric with the casting stat being Charisma (it is like the sorcerer version of a cleric)? I am thinking Mystic Theurge type caster, using Versatile Spellcaster for early entry.

Also, Weretouched Master. Can we use the non-errata version? It is not as if melee combatants are a major issue at those levels anyways.
« Last Edit: December 23, 2010, 02:44:19 AM by AndyJames »

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #81 on: December 22, 2010, 10:26:37 PM »
Wouldn't that basically be a favored soul?
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
« Reply #82 on: December 22, 2010, 11:01:42 PM »
Forgotten Realms stuff is allowed?....

Is Spellfire Wielder allowed? And if so, does it require the old 3.0 standard action, or does it get updated to 3.5 and not require an action?

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #83 on: December 22, 2010, 11:26:48 PM »
Wouldn't that basically be a favored soul?
No. ACFs and no dual casting stat and domains :P

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #84 on: December 22, 2010, 11:46:12 PM »

Is Spellfire Wielder allowed? And if so, does it require the old 3.0 standard action, or does it get updated to 3.5 and not require an action?
It is still a readied action to absorb spells coming at you.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #85 on: December 23, 2010, 09:05:44 AM »
Alright, I'm trying to decide between a human artificer aiming for Renegade mastermaker, or a Psiforged Psion, heading towards slayer (or something similar...). Both wind up being fairly similar in the end, but since I'd be testing out the artificer, I'd like to know what other people's takes are on the renegade mastermaker class. Would an artificer/renegade mastermaker keep up in this game, or should I go for a combat ready warforged? I'd bet that the artificer's need for constructing goods would mean it'd take too much downtime for the group at large, unless there's something I'm missing. I've got a story for either, just need to finish a build.

--Edit-- Y'know, the crafting time is really gonna kick the artificer in the balls. I'll be open to any mind-changing arguments until 6:20 PST (when I leave for work), but otherwise I'll have a character done by then. Hell, might as well post both builds and see the results.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #86 on: December 23, 2010, 09:35:42 AM »
Since it is Eberron, I felt compelled to play one of the new races exclusive to Eberron. Psiforged Kineticist/Artificer is one. The other is a Shifter Ranger/Monk going into Weretouched Master, but that would depend on Sohala OK-ing the original WTM, and not the errata'd goofball that makes you less powerful at level 5 than level 4.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #87 on: December 23, 2010, 01:12:14 PM »
Sohala, I have to ask this: Would it be possible for me to go spontaneous casting cloistered cleric with the casting stat being Charisma (it is like the sorcerer version of a cleric)?
I am going to go with no.

Also, Weretouched Master. Can we use the non-errata version? It is not as if melee combatants are a major issue at those levels anyways.
Old hotness has a green light.

FR is allowed, yes...
Is Spellfire Wielder allowed?
...But I don't think I am going to allow that. The ability just feel like to much of a plot device, that should have a game based around it.

The other is a Shifter Ranger/Monk going into Weretouched Master,
If you care, I have adjusted the Totem Rager class for shifters.
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 03:54:25 AM by Sohala »
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #88 on: December 24, 2010, 03:28:06 AM »
Question: Can I take Shifter feats as Fighter bonus feats?

Reason: Wilderness Rogue + sneak attack for fighter feats, and 2 Fighter levels might be involved.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #89 on: December 24, 2010, 03:56:16 AM »
I would rather not open that can of worms.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #90 on: December 24, 2010, 04:03:43 AM »
OK. So it is a toss up between Shiba Protector, or just rip the guy's face off...

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #91 on: December 24, 2010, 04:40:29 AM »
And mine is a toss up between two.

One, a human artificer. Atomsk model psiforged EB-01 had a good life of being a war machine, becoming somewhat powerful and successful. Then, one morning, he wakes up in Sharn feeling groggy. Except warforged should feel neither groggy, nor asleep. Realizing he has no memory of a rough month period, and that he cannot figure out why he is human, he has taken up the only work he knows (machinery) in an attempt to recreate his body, hopefully to unravel his mystery. He remains in Sharn, the city where he woke, hoping to hunt down the reason behind his mad transformation.
Human Artificer, probably dipping into Renegade Mastermaker. Think Edward Elric meeting Tony Stark.

The other, a warforged. Echis Bell was a man dedicated to his craft, of unravelling the mystery of the warforged. His hobby took a turn for the more serious one day when he activated one morning, to discover himself turned into one. This wouldn't have surprised him, as he was both often drunk and contemplating his transformation... except that the machine he became was far more advanced than anything he could have built, his laboratory, when he returned, had been destroyed, and his memory cuts out a month before. Pleased with his newfound powers, but eager to discover what happened to his real body, Echis Bell works through Sharn as a bodyguard, trying to unravel the mystery of his transformation.
Psiforged Psion, probably kineticist, going Slayer. Fun, has power, but isn't too broken; I dun like playin with teh broken toys. Think the ironman suit, but sentient. Danger will Robinson!..... just kidding....

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #92 on: December 24, 2010, 05:31:00 AM »
Hang Shiba Protector. It's too feat intensive. I want my feats to augment my Shifting.

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #93 on: December 24, 2010, 05:36:18 AM »
I made an (alright...) shifter paragon class, which helps a lot with that, if you were interested. I was planning on expanding with a PrC, but never got around to it.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #94 on: December 24, 2010, 05:59:38 AM »
I made an (alright...) shifter paragon class, which helps a lot with that, if you were interested. I was planning on expanding with a PrC, but never got around to it.
Dude, if Sohala allows that, I am so in...!

Oh, by the way, you might want to relook at the Shifer Skills thing. If I read right, certain shifters might get +5 to a skill or two. Is that intentional?
« Last Edit: December 24, 2010, 06:07:23 AM by AndyJames »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #95 on: December 24, 2010, 06:12:02 AM »
Dude, if Sohala allows that, I am so in...!

Oh, by the way, you might want to relook at the Shifer Skills thing. If I read right, certain shifters might get +5 to a skill or two. Is that intentional?
Well, they have a certain attribute they do better with, and a few skills they specialize in. Some of them get a +5 to a few skills, yes.

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #96 on: December 24, 2010, 02:54:32 PM »
Normally I refrain from full out brew for my games, but as the race is missing any form of racial paragon, we can test that one.
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #97 on: December 24, 2010, 09:26:12 PM »
It's going to be a while. I think I am going Ranger 2/Barbarian 1/Fighter 2 into Weretouched Master first. TWF, Improved Unarmed Strike, Superior Unarmed Strike would be my bonus feats. Yay for a pouncing, kicking, clawing, biting little furball of doom.

The only problem I have with this build is the fact that Shifter Multiattack (and I presume Improved Shifter Multiattack is available, although I haven't seen it yet), won't kick in until level 7 or so, since the normal Multiattack is not a Fighter bonus feat, and my Will save is going to be weak as crap (+1 at level 10, and +2 at level 13 with Shifter Paragon 3).

Any comments?

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #98 on: December 25, 2010, 12:48:22 AM »
AndyJames, I envy you. Being able to play the better version of Weretouched Master.
I have an old build, in where I tried to include as many "Tiger" things as possible.
I think it was something like Ranger 3/Warblade 8/Warshaper 4/Weretouched Master 5.
Naturally, it was a Were-Tiger descendant Shifter. Those +12 Str and Pounce really are sweet stuff.
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #99 on: December 25, 2010, 12:50:35 AM »
AndyJames, I envy you. Being able to play the better version of Weretouched Master.
I have an old build, in where I tried to include as many "Tiger" things as possible.
I think it was something like Ranger 3/Warblade 8/Warshaper 4/Weretouched Master 5.
Naturally, it was a Were-Tiger descendant Shifter. Those +12 Str and Pounce really are sweet stuff.
Warshaper is a good idea. I am just worried about the abyssmal will save...