Author Topic: Adventures in Eberron  (Read 13314 times)

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
  • Watching the World Burn in Magnificence
    • Email
Re: Adventures in Eberron
« Reply #100 on: December 25, 2010, 04:46:51 AM »
It's going to be a while. I think I am going Ranger 2/Barbarian 1/Fighter 2 into Weretouched Master first. TWF, Improved Unarmed Strike, Superior Unarmed Strike would be my bonus feats. Yay for a pouncing, kicking, clawing, biting little furball of doom.

The only problem I have with this build is the fact that Shifter Multiattack (and I presume Improved Shifter Multiattack is available, although I haven't seen it yet), won't kick in until level 7 or so, since the normal Multiattack is not a Fighter bonus feat, and my Will save is going to be weak as crap (+1 at level 10, and +2 at level 13 with Shifter Paragon 3).

Any comments?
As a guy who played a similar build in a previous game, the multi-attack issue a bullet you're going to have to bite, no pun intended. The main problem about these builds is they're really feat reliant, and thus a kind of late bloomer. Is superior unarmed strike allowed? I could have sworn there's no ToB, but if there is, that'd be a will save solution (dip warblade, grab that diamond mind maneuver that replaces will saves). I look at it as everyone has a weak point, and yours is just more apparent. Granted, you've got a boatload of spellcasters/psionics backing you up, so you should be alright if shit turns pear shaped. Otherwise, just hope to deal with the things that have throats you can rip out and the team will cover everyone's weak points. No worries.

Noone has a vote for which of those two charries I build? I'm at the family's house fo the holidays, and without my harddrive, so a proper build will come around sunday when I'm acually back at my own computer. It's basically plugging it all into the sheet though, total work of around an hour, so consider me ready to go so long as combat doesn't feature immediately, lol.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #101 on: December 25, 2010, 05:57:35 AM »
It's going to be a while. I think I am going Ranger 2/Barbarian 1/Fighter 2 into Weretouched Master first. TWF, Improved Unarmed Strike, Superior Unarmed Strike would be my bonus feats. Yay for a pouncing, kicking, clawing, biting little furball of doom.

The only problem I have with this build is the fact that Shifter Multiattack (and I presume Improved Shifter Multiattack is available, although I haven't seen it yet), won't kick in until level 7 or so, since the normal Multiattack is not a Fighter bonus feat, and my Will save is going to be weak as crap (+1 at level 10, and +2 at level 13 with Shifter Paragon 3).

Any comments?
As a guy who played a similar build in a previous game, the multi-attack issue a bullet you're going to have to bite, no pun intended. The main problem about these builds is they're really feat reliant, and thus a kind of late bloomer. Is superior unarmed strike allowed? I could have sworn there's no ToB, but if there is, that'd be a will save solution (dip warblade, grab that diamond mind maneuver that replaces will saves). I look at it as everyone has a weak point, and yours is just more apparent. Granted, you've got a boatload of spellcasters/psionics backing you up, so you should be alright if shit turns pear shaped. Otherwise, just hope to deal with the things that have throats you can rip out and the team will cover everyone's weak points. No worries.

Noone has a vote for which of those two charries I build? I'm at the family's house fo the holidays, and without my harddrive, so a proper build will come around sunday when I'm acually back at my own computer. It's basically plugging it all into the sheet though, total work of around an hour, so consider me ready to go so long as combat doesn't feature immediately, lol.
OK, then. Everyone had better be ready to stop me if I get dominated or it will REALLY be messy...

Sohala: Gwennedd Moonclaw. Ready to go when you are. He's staying in the inn, so you can intro him any way you want.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 10:04:47 AM by AndyJames »

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #102 on: December 25, 2010, 01:03:14 PM »
I could have sworn there's no ToB,
Where on earth did you get THAT idea?! I love the book, and try to fit atleast a bit of it, among other books, in all my characters (and villians)!

Noone has a vote for which of those two charries I build?
I try to keep my thoughts to myself when players are building character.

BTW, you don't need a reason for being in the inn; to expedite the group joining up you will have already been recruited, in a similar manner.
« Last Edit: December 25, 2010, 01:06:42 PM by Sohala »
"You think I'm talking about breaking the rules?"
"No I'm just trying to figure out how far you want them bent."
[spoiler]
Characters
Ixen-Elemental Mage Test Game
Torgthen-The Darkening
Eldak-The Neverending Dungeon
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #103 on: December 26, 2010, 08:31:20 PM »
OK, then. Everyone had better be ready to stop me if I get dominated or it will REALLY be messy...

I knew we couldn't trust the werewolf!  Friends, to arms!  Attack!
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #104 on: December 26, 2010, 08:38:42 PM »

I knew we couldn't trust the werewolf!  Friends, to arms!  Attack!
What is hilarious is that the human is trying to get a KOBOLD and a Renegade Mastermaker (or Warforged) to attack a non-human. And then Gwen shifts and eats his hand holding the holy symbol...

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #105 on: December 26, 2010, 08:39:42 PM »
But my character isn't human. 
Planetouched Handbook

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #106 on: December 26, 2010, 08:41:30 PM »
Then what are you doing, bowing down to a human created god of lawful stupidity? Traitor!

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #107 on: December 27, 2010, 10:09:32 AM »
Alright, last questions:

A) Is the Favored of the House feat in or out? I know it would be a rarer used thing, but it's mechanics and flavor appeal to me.

B) Should I presume that I bought or crafted my first level items? There's a significant difference in pricing, obviously....

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #108 on: December 27, 2010, 01:03:25 PM »
Favored in House sounds like a very nice feat for this.

About craft, how high can you get by taking 10?
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #109 on: December 28, 2010, 05:48:36 AM »

Depends on which craft skill. I've got two craft skills yet unplugged (probably going with alchemy and weaponsmithing, but I wanna find a list of craft subskills first, and the srd doesn't list them) with 4 ranks each, and that means that taking ten on either of those craft skills, I can get a 17. Yes, I've only got a 16 in Int... so far....

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #110 on: December 28, 2010, 06:08:33 AM »

Depends on which craft skill. I've got two craft skills yet unplugged (probably going with alchemy and weaponsmithing, but I wanna find a list of craft subskills first, and the srd doesn't list them) with 4 ranks each, and that means that taking ten on either of those craft skills, I can get a 17. Yes, I've only got a 16 in Int... so far....
Spend 55 gold and get a masterwork set of tools that will work on ALL Craft skills, giving you another +2. Total 19 on a take 10.

My character in Sohala's other game (Town of Terror) has the same philosophy. He is called "the Smith", a Warforged. The name is a blatant rip off of Voyager's EMI.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:10:08 AM by AndyJames »

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #111 on: December 28, 2010, 06:14:27 AM »

Spend 55 gold and get a masterwork set of tools that will work on ALL Craft skills, giving you another +2. Total 19 on a take 10.

My character in Sohala's other game (Town of Terror) has the same philosophy. He is called "the Smith", a Warforged. The name is a blatant rip off of Voyager's EMI.
Coolio. We'll go with that.  :D Assume a 19 then.

Funny how this character is using classes, feats, AND skills I've never bothered with before.  :banghead
If I screw up on any of this, feel free to emotionally (or physically... if by some creepy reason that's available...) abuse me. It's good for the learning!

BTW, sorry to be a hold up, I'll be posting this as soon as I'm back home on my own computer, which will be early/mid wednesday (around 8-9am or post 7pm PST), so... yeah...

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #112 on: December 28, 2010, 06:21:20 AM »
Then what are you doing, bowing down to a human created god of lawful stupidity? Traitor!
I believe the term you're looking for is LAWFUL AWESOME.

My moral choices boil down to a very strict and easy to follow guide.

Code: [Select]
IF(Supernatural && Evil)
      Kill(With_Fire)

WHILE (Still_Alive)
      Use(More_Fire)

With a bright enough flamethrower, all the shades of gray disappear.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:22:51 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Planetouched Handbook

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #113 on: December 28, 2010, 06:26:32 AM »
I believe the term you're looking for is LAWFUL AWESOME.

My moral choices boil down to a very strict and easy to follow guide.

Code: [Select]
IF(Supernatural && Evil)
      Kill(With_Fire)

WHILE (Still_Alive)
      Use(More_Fire)

With a bright enough flamethrower, all the shades of gray disappear.
Are you sure you aren't a FIRE Genasi??

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #114 on: December 28, 2010, 06:30:03 AM »
I got caught in the Mourning.  Shit happened.  

Now I have to use the silver flame instead of normal fire, and never ever take off the metal gauntlet affixed to my left arm.

Seriously, though.  Why the hell doesn't the silver flame grant the fire domain?
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:31:54 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Planetouched Handbook

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #115 on: December 28, 2010, 06:43:41 AM »
I got caught in the Mourning.  Shit happened.  

Now I have to use the silver flame instead of normal fire, and never ever take off the metal gauntlet affixed to my left arm.

Seriously, though.  Why the hell doesn't the silver flame grant the fire domain?
As I understand it, that makes you the FIRST living creature to get caught in the Mourning and is still alive...

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #116 on: December 28, 2010, 06:49:41 AM »
Well, by "caught in the morning", I of course mean "was on the the last lightning rail car out, and got barely clipped by".

But yeah, tons of things survived, for certain values of survived.  Like fey.  Or anyone with the Mourning Mutate feat from Dragon 359
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 06:53:51 AM by The_Mad_Linguist »
Planetouched Handbook

AndyJames

• Organ Grinder
  • Meep?
« Reply #117 on: December 28, 2010, 08:02:28 AM »
Have they actually revealed what caused the Mourning yet, or is it still DM premise?

Sohala

• Hong Kong
  • Hammer Smash Good
    • Email
« Reply #118 on: December 28, 2010, 11:18:44 AM »
No known reason, far as I know.

Add the +2 from tools as you have stated interest in, 15 check on whatever.

So...High-quality item (bell) and less are availiable for your crafting, sounds like you would be able to craft most things, I will give it a double check after you get it done.
« Last Edit: December 28, 2010, 12:11:00 PM by Sohala »
[spoiler]
Characters
Torgthen-The Darkening
Games
Dungeon Delver's Delight
Adventures in Eberron
Town of Terror
Working Progress
[3.5] Mana Mage

Flay Crimsonwind

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #119 on: December 30, 2010, 12:48:37 PM »
Marllow Bell (Previous Atomsk Model, EB-01), Artificer for House Cannith

Marllow Bell was once known as EB-01, a psiforged in the war with a good record. Coming out of the war, he was sealed away with others of his kind by his commanding officer, a human who was worried for the future. With that, EB-01 fell into a sort of sleep, only to wake up years later feeling groggy. He had become a male human, unconscious in a Sharn alleyway, with no memory of how he got there, or how he'd undergone such a transformation. But he was quick to adapt to his situation, and swiftly acquired clothing and a job for himself cleaning the forges of House Cannith. A quick study, he became a good craftsmen at armor and ammunition, albeit a novice one, and earned enough favor with the House to become a member. Now he lives in Sharn, one year after, quickly slimbing the ranks of the House while pursuing his craft and his past.