Author Topic: Stating Lady Vol from Eberron.....  (Read 4782 times)

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Stating Lady Vol from Eberron.....
« on: September 15, 2010, 09:21:01 PM »
So I saw today a post from a fellow here that was asking about famous/powerful wizards from Eberron....
And the most Famous wizard of course is Lady Vol...
All we know about her stats is that she is a 16 level generalist wizard with the Green half-dragon and Lich templates applied....
I suppose that she would have many Necromancy spells due to her religion....
I would like your help to come up with a build that suits her so we may use her if we have to in any eberron games....

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Stating Lady Vol from Eberron.....
« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2010, 09:24:58 PM »
So I think that some feats that she will have are Spell focus(necromancy),Corpsegrafter,and possibly she will have the Dragonmark feats even if they are inactive...

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2010, 10:09:44 PM »
and possibly she will have the Dragonmark feats even if they are inactive
Not much point to that. And Vol's mark was unusually powerful anyway, so it likely wouldn't fall under feats even if the Mark of Death had stats.

How attached are you to "Lich half-green dragon wizard 16"? IIRC the Lord of Blades has been statted differently in different products, with a note saying that no one knows what such legendary figures are really capable of, and that each statblock is an approximation based on rumors.

For one thing, you'll probably want to adjust her level to fit your party.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

fuinjutsu

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2010, 12:42:46 AM »
Ah, Eberron, where the POPE is 18th level, and lesser goddesses are Cr 15.
Eh, the wizard have more money than them combined, he could in theory just use all his money on a fleet of trained attack mules, but then we aren't playing 3.5 but zergling rushing in Starcraft instead.

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #4 on: September 16, 2010, 12:53:43 AM »
Ah, Eberron, where the POPEloli-pope is 18th level, and lesser goddesses are Cr 15.
Fixed. :P

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #5 on: September 16, 2010, 02:30:16 AM »
Add on the benefits from the ritual of blood, and probably knowledge affiliation too.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 16, 2010, 07:17:57 AM »
Well I plan to have her as the Archenemy,in an all out conflict between her powers(Blood of Vol,Emerald Claw) and Silver Flame and of course the players are going to be caught in between....
I don't want to make her stronger because I want to keep this pre-epic(my players are not very fond of epic-play) and she is allready Cr 20....
Also the reason that I want to keep the characters as close to the book as it gets is to avoid needless arguements about what powers they should have....
I use the Lord of Blades from Five Nations Book as I find it to be the most official....

The cleric of the party wants to kill her and then Ressurect her as an Half-dragon Elf,Is that possible?Doesn't the time spent as undead counts against the limit of ressurections spells?

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: September 16, 2010, 12:58:49 PM »
Ah, Eberron, where the POPEloli-pope is 18th level, and lesser goddesses are Cr 15.
Fixed. :P
She's only 18th when directly in the presence of her god. That doesn't quite count.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]

jameswilliamogle

• Hong Kong
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: September 16, 2010, 01:15:40 PM »
Add on the benefits from the ritual of blood, and probably knowledge affiliation too.
This was the only thing I was going to add (multiple times).  Shrug.

I thought she was a green dracolich...  Oh well...

What about a Draconic Forestlord Elf?  Get the greenness, without the LA-ness?

Godless_Paladin

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #9 on: October 15, 2010, 05:36:18 AM »
Ah, Eberron, where the POPE is 18th level, and lesser goddesses are Cr 15.

Uhm, Lady Vol isn't a goddess, and the Blood of Vol religion predates her birth.

But hey.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #10 on: October 15, 2010, 05:47:04 AM »
Nice necromancy

And technically the pope is only like level three or something, and just gets major buffs.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

betrayor

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: October 15, 2010, 07:23:48 AM »
Nice necromancy

And technically the pope is only like level three or something, and just gets major buffs.

Not only that but the antipope (she was in a dragon issue) named Melysse Miron is an 11 level cleric who becomes a 21 level cleric when she is in flamekeep......

Mixster

• Grape ape
« Reply #12 on: October 15, 2010, 10:43:48 AM »
Nice necromancy

Not only that but the antipope (she was in a dragon issue) named Melysse Miron is an 11 level cleric who becomes a 21 level cleric when she is in flamekeep......

If I became epic level when I entered a tower, then I'd grab a huge ass band of followers to log said tower around with me inside it.
Monks are pretty much the best designed class ever.

JaronK

Meep Meep - Mixster out

Godless_Paladin

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #13 on: October 16, 2010, 06:48:03 PM »
Nice necromancy

If I became epic level when I entered a tower, then I'd grab a huge ass band of followers to log said tower around with me inside it.

Fortunately for everyone, she's petrified and at the bottom of a maximum+1 security dungeon far, far away from Flamekeep.  So yeah.

saethone

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #14 on: October 16, 2010, 06:50:22 PM »
Well lady vol isn't really a direct encounter type of person - you'll never fight her party vs 1. So in order to stat her you also need to bear in mind her henchmen will be with her.

Necromancy is great for debuffing and save or dies, so that's what you should focus on w/ her. Maximized heightened ray of enfeeblements, save or dieing low fort save chars, etc.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #15 on: October 16, 2010, 06:53:14 PM »
Nice necromancy

Said tower houses the Silver Flame itself. Which is rather hard to transport.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

McPoyo

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: October 17, 2010, 12:00:35 PM »
Nice necromancy

Said tower houses the Silver Flame itself. Which is rather hard to transport.
And it isn't a tower so much as a giant sprawling cathedral complex.
[Spoiler]
A gygaxian dungeon is like the world's most messed up game show.

Behind door number one: INSTANT DEATH!
Behind door number 2: A magic crown!
Behind door number 3: 4d6 giant bees, and THREE HUNDRED POUNDS OF HONEY!
They don't/haven't, was the point. 3.5 is as dead as people not liking nice tits.

Sometimes, their tits (3.5) get enhancements (houserules), but that doesn't mean people don't like nice tits.

Though sometimes, the surgeon (DM) botches them pretty bad...
Best metaphor I have seen in a long time.  I give you much fu.
Three Errata for the Mage-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Barbarian-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Monks doomed to die,
One for the Wizard on his dark throne
In the Land of Charop where the Shadows lie.
[/spoiler]