Author Topic: Looking for some tips for min/maxing gestalt Dread Necro  (Read 3935 times)

JohnnyMayHymn

• Bi-Curious George
  • Lord of the Kitchen Sink
Re: Looking for some tips for min/maxing gestalt Dread Necro
« Reply #20 on: September 16, 2010, 05:01:05 AM »
I think I would do something like this....

BinderX,Pale Master1(1st level),BinderX//Dread NecromancerX,Pale Master1(2nd level),Dread NecromancerX

both Charisma based, both have DR, both have nice fear based abilites that stack,
plus a binder can switch roles as needed,... if someone dies or your DM is being a corpse Nazi, having you only fight constructs or whatever
.......is it wrong to animate fallen party members?  :hmm

Bind Zceryll to spam summon monster(with a certain template) as a sorcerer = to your EBL every 5 rounds
2 level pale master dip for the free animate dead once a day

don't forget the tomb tainted soul feat and put black sand (does negative energy damage)
in your boots, or fill your undead minions skulls/pockets/boots/torso/whatever with it
---as a side note--- would it be possible to make an undead minions skull into a splash weapon by filling it with black sand?
                               goes off upon death or a severe blow to the head?

if you want to be even more optimized, only take 8 levels of Dread Necromancer, after that
take anything that advances BOTH spellcasting and rebuking
and/or sprinkle binding PrC's as needed (KoSS is nice...)

can you take more than +3 LA? if so play as a white dragon wyrmling(3HD +2LA)(put the LA on the binder side to be made up with improved binding),
take bestow curse with advanced learning, use the Book of Vile Darkness version to age yourself to the next
age category every day. Soon you will be a gargantuan Great Wyrm....(ya i know, its an old trick)
My (sometimes offensive) Web Comic Faux Blast
Can you find the Wumpus? (Hint: start with the spoiler....)
[spoiler] :beathorse [/spoiler]
...........  :joystick

Tenebrous Apostate

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Re: Looking for some tips for min/maxing gestalt Dread Necro
« Reply #21 on: September 16, 2010, 11:51:55 AM »
let me digest that.... YOU'RE PLAYING A DREAD NECRO AND YOU' RE CHAOTIC NEUTRAL?!?!?!?!? you should be neutral evil at best.
You just need to be non-good.  I don't see the problem.

Why do this to one's self? Sorry I guess I overreact but It's a matter of principle for me :P

"necromancy = Evil" is fluff.  Because guys with armies of zombies just look evil.

But as Eberron and Tome point out, necromancy doesn't have to be evil.  Zombies make great workers for hazardous jobs, or jobs where it helps not to have a sense of smell (eg sewage treatment).  Necromancers could be largely public servants, and good aligned, if the DM wants that kind of campaign.

O the horror!!!
Dead mortals feel no Dread