Author Topic: Playing A CR 23 Nasty, Help Needed  (Read 1726 times)

Ramaloke

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
Playing A CR 23 Nasty, Help Needed
« on: September 17, 2010, 10:59:29 AM »
So a game I recently took interested in is based off of the idea that each player is going to play a CR 23 nasty. We are using the heroic stat array (18, 16, 14, 12, 10, 8). We're allowed to use any sources, and we must build a CR 23 thingamajig.

So far I've got

Succubus (Advanced to 12 HD) CR 10
Possessing (As Fiendish Codex) +2 CR
Fiend of Corruption 6 HD +3 CR

So I've got CR 15, with 8 to go. I have 18 HD so I can advance 16 levels in any class as long as its not a full bab class (because the DM Ruled it would be associated).

The question is, what class? I could do 16 levels of casting but when you consider that I already have 18 HD, adding 16 HD of casting is going to be laughable compared to any 34 HD Strait caster. I need something that will benefit my possessee in epic and wont be dwarfed by the sheer level of the things around it. Any ideas?
Favorite Songs
Passing Afternoon Like A Stone Wish You Where Here
~\-----------------/~

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
Re: Playing A CR 23 Nasty, Help Needed
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2010, 11:05:02 AM »
Eh, in epic the only thing that matters is epic spellcasting.

Everything else is pretty much irrelevant
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

CantripN

• Hong Kong
  • Constantly talking isn't necessarily communicating
    • Cantrip, Gestalt Gish
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2010, 11:08:19 AM »
With that sort of Charisma, I'd go for something fun. Get all sorts of CHA based stuff, mostly Passive.

Some things to consider:
Marshal (CHA to a LOT of things)
Paladin of Slaughter (CHA to Saves)
Archivist (Dark Knowledge)

Why not remove the Possessing +2 CR and have 9th level spells? Many spells don't care about CL.
Read, every day, something no one else is reading. Think, every day, something no one else is thinking. Do, every day, something no one else would be silly enough to do. It is bad for the mind to be always part of unanimity.

Ramaloke

• Barbary Macaque at the Rock of Gibraltar
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2010, 11:09:19 AM »
Well, the DM has put some heavy restrictions on epic spellcasting, such as we only have something like 400k gold to spend, and we have to take spell knowledge for epic spells known. So its not going to be quite the beast it normally is in epic. Also, I can possess an epic spellcaster if needed, and I will be taking Epic Leadership for that purpose anyway.
Favorite Songs
Passing Afternoon Like A Stone Wish You Where Here
~\-----------------/~

rasmuswagner

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2010, 12:24:44 PM »
Here's my idea for that campaign: Spellwarped, half-fiend 60 HD Colossal Scorpion.

+32 Str, +4 Dex, +12 Con, Int 6, +0 Wis, -6 Cha. +5 ability score points from HD advancement. 21 feats. (8+int)*63 skill points - with 66 ranks, even the penalty for having colossal claws instead of hands should let you get your craft:basketweaving on. Spell Resistance 71, Half-fiend SLAs (Blasphemy CL 60 is pretty sweet).

Get a torc of antimagic field, fly up your enemy with your perfectly natural bat wings and improved-grab him with your +77 or more grappling modifier. Yeah, not so tough without your magical Free Action?

dna1

• Hong Kong
  • Im not albino Im just from Alaska
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 12:41:34 PM »
i might suggest a 2 level dip in pali for the cha to saves. or possibly using afew levels to gain ur-priest 2 for full cleric casting.

on a side note, the wotc site had that monster fighting thing and they had a succubus paladin and it rocked everyone

heres the article, it has good and evil version...... something to ponder :D

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/fc/20050824a
Slappin ho's like E-Honda