Author Topic: Campaign Information  (Read 1617 times)

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
  • Don't go looking for snakes, you might find them.
Campaign Information
« on: September 12, 2010, 04:38:12 PM »
What game system are you running (D&D, Call of Cthulu, Palladium, GURPS, etc.), and if applicable what edition (Original, Classic, Revised, 1st, 2nd, 3rd, 5th, 10th, etc.)?  D&D 3.5-Pathfinder

What 'type' or variant of game will it be (i.e. "Shadow Chasers" or "Agents of Psi" for d20 Modern)? What is the setting for the game (eg. historic period, published or homebrewed campaign setting, alternate reality, modern world, etc.)? Homebrew world on the continent of Shenarreth

What is the characters' starting status (i.e. experience level)? Level 6

How much gold or other starting funds will the characters begin with? 16,000gp

Are there any particular character classes, professions, orders, etc. that you want... or do not want? What are your rules on 'prestige' and/or homebrewed classes? All classes open

What races, subraces, species, etc. are allowed for your game? Will you allow homebrewed races or species? Would perfer more "normal" races, but monster races are allowed. Probably around CR 4 as the limit. CR 5 or 6 could be workable if you really want to play that particular race.

By what method should Players generate their attributes/ability scores and Hit Points? Our 82 rule, No attributes lower than 3 or higher than 18(before racial adjustments).

Does your game use alignment? What are your restrictions, if so? Good and Neutral(leaning towards good) are perferred. "Smart evil" could be workable.

Do you allow multi-classing, or have any particular rules in regards to it? Multi-classing allowed, normal penalties.

Will you be doing all of the die rolling during the course of the game? Will die rolls be altered, or left to the honor system? If players can make die rolls, which ones do they make, how should they make the rolls, and how should they report them? Some DM rolls in secret, other rolls using Invisible Castle.

Are there any homebrewed or optional/variant rules that your Players should know about? If so, list and explain them, or provide relevant links to learn about these new rules.  Will be listed below

Is a character background required? If so, how big? Are you looking for anything in particular (i.e. the backgrounds all ending up with the characters in the same city)? The characters are members of an adventurer's guild, some background besides that will be needed.

Does your game involve a lot of hack & slash, puzzle solving, roleplaying, or a combination of the above? Exploration, and Roleplaying with a healthy dose of Combat mostly. Some puzzle/mystery here and there.

Are your Players restricted to particular rulebooks and supplements, or will you be allowing access to non-standard material? What sources can Players use for their characters? All offical WotC(3.5) and Paizo Pathfinder is allowed as normal. No "crazy shit."
« Last Edit: September 14, 2010, 08:04:55 PM by ShadowViper »
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
Re: Campaign Information
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2010, 05:10:09 PM »
Elf Subraces

Moon Elf -+2 Charisma instead of +2 Intelligence

Sun Elf - Standard 3.5P elf

Wild Elf - +2 Strength instead of +2 Intelligence

Wood Elf - +2 Wisdom instead of +2 Intelligence
I hear it's amazing when the famous purple stuffed worm in flap-jaw space with the tuning fork does a raw blink on Hara-Kiri rock! I need scissors! 61!

" 'Giving up' kills people. When a person refuses to give up, he earns the right to walk down the road of humanity." - Alucard

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #2 on: September 12, 2010, 05:16:48 PM »
Items

We'll be using the Item Level rules from page 226 of the Magic Item Compendium. You can have any item you want of your current ELC and below with a single item one level above your current ELC.

Example: Starting out we can have any 6th level items and below we want and one 7th level item.

As far as total cost goes, item components are counted seperatly. For example: A Masterwork Shortsword would be one item at 310gp while the +1 Weapon Enhancment counts as one item at 2,000gp. Upgrading the Weapon Enhancment from +1 to +2 would count as one item at 6,000gp, etc.
« Last Edit: September 16, 2010, 06:30:04 PM by ShadowViper »

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #3 on: September 12, 2010, 08:19:03 PM »
Regarding Alignment and "Smart Evil": If you want to play a "smart evil" character, PM me for additional information. No one put their alignments on their character sheets/stat block.

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #4 on: September 15, 2010, 11:39:24 PM »
How will HP be done?  Max at first class level and then average.

Average HP
d12 = 6.5
d10 = 5.5
d8  = 4.5
d6  = 3.5

Half-Humans(Half-Elves raised in an Elven community) can take Elf Substitution Levels.

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2010, 02:07:21 AM »
Aniaml Companions get full HP at first HD, average every HD after 1st.

Monster characters get average HP for their racial HD with full HP for their first character class level and then average HP for all other HD.

ShadowViper

• Bi-Curious George
« Reply #6 on: September 20, 2010, 08:14:28 PM »
You can select 2 Traits (Unearthed Arcana pg 86 Pathfinder Advanced Player's Guide pg 326) and 2 Flaws (Unearthed Arcana pg 91). They're all selected at first level.
« Last Edit: September 26, 2010, 01:20:01 AM by ShadowViper »