Author Topic: Anime/Manga II  (Read 139577 times)

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
Re: Anime/Manga II
« Reply #760 on: December 18, 2010, 10:53:49 PM »
From Sankaku Complex:

Apparently Kubo plans to run Bleach for another 5 years, making it a 10 year work.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #761 on: December 19, 2010, 08:17:44 AM »
From Sankaku Complex:

Apparently Kubo plans to run Bleach for another 5 years, making it a 10 year work.
:twitch

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #762 on: December 19, 2010, 10:59:45 AM »
Hey, its the goose that shits money, why ever fix it?
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Littha

• Man in Gorilla Suit
    • Email
« Reply #763 on: December 19, 2010, 11:08:30 AM »

As the series has gone on part of this statement has become more prevalent... guess which bit.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #764 on: December 19, 2010, 11:19:01 AM »

As the series has gone on part of this statement has become more prevalent... guess which bit.
"why"?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #765 on: December 19, 2010, 05:03:35 PM »
The Inspector ep12. Meh.
[spoiler]The terrifying GEIM System... makes you all glowy for a few minutes, then causes everyone in the area to successively scream like little girls? And no, subbers, I don't recall the Valsione being equipped with it. :p

Why did Seolla have the flashback before blurting out her response?

Lamia goes on and off like a light.
"Don't do it, it's evil!"
"No"
"Please, Lamia-chan!"
"No"
"Think of all the people who'll be hurt!"
"No"
"Hey, did you see where I put my Gespenst-TT model kit?"
"THERE IS NO PLACE FOR US IN THIS WORLD!"

In other news, Kaworu Fate ZA MASHINARI CHIRUDUREN showed up.[/spoiler]

Watched some random bits of Oreimo. Ep10 has a character who thinks magical girls are stupid tricked into cosplaying "Stardust Witch Meruru" for a contest. She goes on stage and says "Stardust Witch Meruru is now starting!" before launching into a theme song which contains the words "zenryoku zenkai". She is praised by a fellow cosplayer with long blonde hair and a cape.

Guess who her VA is.
« Last Edit: December 19, 2010, 05:16:24 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #766 on: December 19, 2010, 07:46:06 PM »
@Prime

No prizes for guessing it right. That voice is hardly ever mistaken for anyone else.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #767 on: December 19, 2010, 07:49:55 PM »
@Prime

No prizes for guessing it right. That voice is hardly ever mistaken for anyone else.
The tone was actually kinda different from most of her roles.
My work

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #768 on: December 19, 2010, 11:06:17 PM »
@Prime

The tone was actually kinda different from most of her roles.

I trust you didn't watch B Gata H Kei?
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #769 on: December 20, 2010, 07:39:50 AM »
Never heard of it.
My work

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #770 on: December 20, 2010, 09:30:27 AM »
Prime 32
[spoiler]
The terrifying GEIM System... makes you all glowy for a few minutes, then causes everyone in the area to successively scream like little girls?
What exactly were you expecting?  I tought you liked shiny non-lethal things.

And hey, they are little girls. :p

Why did Seolla have the flashback before blurting out her response?
That's how it happens in the games. She instinctevely reacts to comments about her boobs.

Lamia goes on and off like a light.
"Don't do it, it's evil!"
"No"
"Please, Lamia-chan!"
"No"
"Think of all the people who'll be hurt!"
"No"
"Hey, did you see where I put my Gespenst-TT model kit?"
"THERE IS NO PLACE FOR US IN THIS WORLD!"
You really think you can consume Kusuha's energy drinks and escape from the after-effects so easily? :smirk

In other news, Kaworu Fate ZA MASHINARI CHIRUDUREN showed up.
Who again? ???

But well, not much to say myself about the episode. I would've at least expected the Zweirgainder to show more damage than some scratches, after taking a battleship-destroying explosion at point-blank range. I guess that's OG II bosses to you. :P
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #771 on: December 20, 2010, 09:53:49 AM »
[spoiler]
In other news, Kaworu Fate ZA MASHINARI CHIRUDUREN showed up.
Who again? ???
http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/AkiraIshida

But well, not much to say myself about the episode. I would've at least expected the Zweirgainder to show more damage than some scratches, after taking a battleship-destroying explosion at point-blank range. I guess that's OG II bosses to you. :P

IIRC in OG2 Zweizergain used System-XN to divert most of the explosion's power. Which is why it was damaged.

And no Mirage Sign? :([/spoiler]
My work

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #772 on: December 20, 2010, 10:03:44 AM »
Never heard of it.

Premise of the show:
[spoiler]Tamura Yukari trying to lose her virginity[/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #773 on: December 21, 2010, 08:22:10 AM »
Oh hey, this was posted at GitP.
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #774 on: December 21, 2010, 12:48:33 PM »
While we're squeeing:
http://mazuisubs.com/129
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #775 on: December 21, 2010, 02:29:18 PM »
It's beautiful. Haruhi is awesome again.

Everything is forgiven. Endless Eight is forgiven.

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #776 on: December 21, 2010, 02:36:52 PM »
Endless Eight is forgiven.
Meh. I liked it. :p
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #777 on: December 21, 2010, 04:06:15 PM »
The more reasons for you to like Haruhi as Teh Best Anime Evar then.

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #778 on: December 21, 2010, 09:56:35 PM »
The more reasons for you to like Haruhi as Teh Best Anime Evar then.

Agita and I would like to be more specific.

Nagato Yuki is Teh Best Animated Meganekko Evar.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #779 on: December 22, 2010, 05:09:58 AM »
Too bad Kyon doesn't like girls with glasses. Infidel!

Oh well. More for us amirite?