Author Topic: Anime/Manga II  (Read 139783 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Anime/Manga II
« Reply #720 on: December 12, 2010, 05:53:45 PM »
...okay, that may have been solely because we finally got to see Rider in something sensible instead of that ridiculous outfit they have her wearing for the rest of the game. But hey.

All right, I know one of you saved the image. Sauce now, please.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #721 on: December 12, 2010, 06:24:37 PM »
...okay, that may have been solely because we finally got to see Rider in something sensible instead of that ridiculous outfit they have her wearing for the rest of the game. But hey.

All right, I know one of you saved the image. Sauce now, please.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #722 on: December 12, 2010, 08:23:32 PM »
Thanks Agita!

[spoiler][/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #723 on: December 12, 2010, 09:41:23 PM »
Now that I finished the  Fate/Stay Night LP got some time to catch up with SRW The Inspector.

Ep 10
[spoiler]
-Dancing robots yay! Altough I would've prefered if they actualy flinged the gravlion trough the air, but I guess that would be too ridiculous.
-So was Bullet piloting a grungust Mk I and Kusuha the MK II? Didn't got very well what they were exactly.
-Rai, Ryusei, you're NOT piloting gundams. Taking the enemy attacks with your shields is not a good plan, specially when it's a super attack.
-Archibald learns to never trust an Ipad when preparing his terrorrism acts.
-Wait, the Hagane has armed guards? Where were they hiding untill now?

[/spoiler]

Ep 11
[spoiler]
-Kusuha really wants people to like her drinks. She even got customized glasses.
-Axel in an Ashsaber? Does this means Lamia will eventually get the Vysaga?
-Mai yay! Also still hoping we'll get a proper redo of Judecca's last stand in a flashback or something.
-Finally somebody notices Arado's potential. Anyone who took a revolver stake hit and kept fighting has some kind of talent.
-WildBWurger FTW! Any bets if Seolla is captured in the next battle or if the drama continues?

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #724 on: December 12, 2010, 10:04:14 PM »
Wait, ep11 is out? That reminds me...
Anyway, The Inspector 10 was full of surprises
[spoiler]The Fairlion pilot suits have skirts? Who knew?

Archibald gets a Super Robot called Gravilion.
...dammit Obari. The really worrying part is that it looks like it can transform into a pair of legs.

Masaki has no reaction to an enemy who throws black holes other than "it's powerful". Not a biggie, but I expected him to bring up his crush on Shu.

A version of Steel Beowulf which wasn't on the OGs soundtrack, and a vocal version of Fairy Dance/Sing? I think it was even sung by Shine and Latoonis' VAs.

Lamia seems to have remembered that she has Offensive Support, and uses it as much as possible. Not only does she use Phantom Phoenix earlier than expected, she merges it with Royal Heart Breaker.
"I d-d-don't know what came over me. I saw l-lolis attacking something and felt the strangest u-urge to join in."
I'm a little confused why the Fairlions didn't explode.[/spoiler]

Will post comments on ep11 after approximately 30 minutes.
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #725 on: December 12, 2010, 10:23:49 PM »

[spoiler]
The Fairlion pilot suits have skirts? Who knew?
When did they didn't have skirts? Shine will settle for nothing less tha fabulous dressing when going to war :p

Archibald gets a Super Robot called Gravilion.
...dammit Obari. The really worrying part is that it looks like it can transform into a pair of legs.
A rival to the SRX? Exceleeennntt!

Masaki has no reaction to an enemy who throws black holes other than "it's powerful". Not a biggie, but I expected him to bring up his crush on Shu.
Masaki could care less for what Shy pilots. He hates Shu himself.

A version of Steel Beowulf which wasn't on the OGs soundtrack, and a vocal version of Fairy Dance/Sing? I think it was even sung by Shine and Latoonis' VAs.
Ah, that too. They even got light spectacle and everything. The only thing missing would be the crowd cheering when the gravlion exploded.

Lamia seems to have remembered that she has Offensive Support, and uses it as much as possible. Not only does she use Phantom Phoenix earlier than expected, she merges it with Royal Heart Breaker.
"I d-d-don't know what came over me. I saw l-lolis attacking something and felt the strangest u-urge to join in."
Wait, since when does Lamia has natural offensive support in the games? I guess she must have spent some PP after episode 9.

I'm a little confused why the Fairlions didn't explode.
They're made of adamantium. Want to have a closer look?Tesla shields are just that good? They're suposed to allow the tiny Fairlions to crash into the enemy at high speeds and emerge unscratched after all.

I would say the real question is how the girls keep in place whitout seatbelts.

[/spoiler]

[/quote]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #726 on: December 12, 2010, 11:01:13 PM »
Dangit. I had a bunch of comments, then my computer crashed.
[spoiler]Rather than a flashback, it would be interesting to see Mai piloting the SRX or R-1 to fight Judecca within her mind.[/spoiler]

EDIT: Oh, right. I remember making comments about stock footage and how Vindel seems to like standing up in a needlessly dramatic fashion.
« Last Edit: December 12, 2010, 11:07:09 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #727 on: December 13, 2010, 06:13:50 AM »
I dislike Sakura as a character, I dislike the HF plotline for being a series of badly-contrived asspulls, and I disliked the "silly rabbit, idealism is for kids" message that Nasu tries to shove down your throat.
[spoiler]Sakura--yeah, I suppose they were trying to pad the game with a third route and couldn't find another legitimate love interest. (Maybe they should have made a route for Taiga or Issei.) The plot devices are likewise not terribly consistent with everything else; Archer's arm isn't even the worst offender. [/spoiler]
I heard they ran out of time/budget and combined the Ilya Route with the Sakura route. It did feel sorta like they were focusing on two characters at once.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #728 on: December 13, 2010, 10:52:19 AM »
Image from Fate/Extra:

"That's ridiculous, how could I have been the sniper? There's no way I could have sneaked a gun in there."
« Last Edit: December 13, 2010, 10:54:40 AM by Prime32 »
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #729 on: December 13, 2010, 06:16:29 PM »
Today, I made a stupid joke during a conversation with Veekie. Now I'll never again be able to hear the name "Arc-en-Ciel" without thinking of Arcueid/Ciel yuri. :p
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Kuroimaken

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #730 on: December 13, 2010, 06:52:58 PM »
Today, I made a stupid joke during a conversation with Veekie. Now I'll never again be able to hear the name "Arc-en-Ciel" without thinking of Arcueid/Ciel yuri. :p

And that's supposed to be a bad thing?
Gendou Ikari is basically Gregory House in Kaminashades. This is FACT.

For proof, look here:

http://www.layoutjelly.com/image_27/gendo_ikari/

[SPOILER]
Which Final Fantasy Character Are You?
Final Fantasy 7
My Unitarian Jihad Name is: Brother Katana of Enlightenment.
Get yours.[/SPOILER]

I HAVE BROKEN THE 69 INTERNETS BARRIER!

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #731 on: December 13, 2010, 07:16:09 PM »
The fun part is that "arc-en-ciel" means rainbow in Ciel's native language. :D
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #732 on: December 14, 2010, 12:47:23 PM »
Which in turn brings to mind "[Subaru] is as straight as a rainbow."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #733 on: December 14, 2010, 01:37:21 PM »
...rainbows are widely used as a symbol of homosexuality.
My work

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #734 on: December 14, 2010, 01:41:19 PM »
...rainbows are widely used as a symbol of homosexuality.
Fixed that for you.

kamikasei

• Ring-Tailed Lemur
« Reply #735 on: December 14, 2010, 01:42:54 PM »
So, a yuri pairing is straighter than Subaru?

...Sounds accurate.
Bardiche/Raising Heart OTP.
[spoiler]
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #736 on: December 14, 2010, 02:44:52 PM »

...Sounds accurate.

Why am I hearing the song "Circles" while I laugh at that?

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #737 on: December 14, 2010, 04:20:26 PM »

...Sounds accurate.
Probably what I meant to say.
Probably. I was tired and doing homework at the time.

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #738 on: December 16, 2010, 03:17:02 PM »
New Bleach
[spoiler]:banghead:[/spoiler]

That is all.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Shadowhunter

• Hong Kong
« Reply #739 on: December 16, 2010, 03:44:06 PM »
Air Gear:
[spoiler]The trip down memory lane is starting to get tedious.[/spoiler]

Bleach:
[spoiler]...
Of course.
He's...
no.
no.
No.
NO.

NO.
[/spoiler]

Fairy Tail:
[spoiler]Well, it's not updated this week, but the quality remains consistent.
Unlike Bleach, yuck.[/spoiler]

Naruto:
[spoiler]Haha, nice. Haku and Zabuza. Makes me feel nostalgic.[/spoiler]

One Piece:
[spoiler]I don't really get all the details with the bubbles, the air, the water, the floating and the clouds, but it looks nice.
Arlong, or a relative of his?[/spoiler]
[Spoiler]
Quote from: Runestar
the most effective optimization is the one you can actually get away with.  :smirk

Quote from: Vinom
(A group of nerds are called a murder because like crows we are anti-social, like shiny things, and often squack at each other over nothing for hours)

I often have to remind people not to underrate divination.  The ability to effectively metagame without actually metagaming beats the ability to set things on fire more times than not.
[/quote]
[/spoiler]

Binder? You're Welcome

Zceryll makes Binders go from tier 3 to tier 2.
Cagemarrow is a Genius

Before giving the advice that build X would be better of with Fist of the Forest, take a long, good look at Primal Living. Twice.