Author Topic: Anime/Manga II  (Read 139566 times)

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
Re: Anime/Manga II
« Reply #560 on: November 15, 2010, 08:45:51 AM »
That was the main reason, yes. The official one is that Princess Shine needed a bodyguard with appropriate dress.

Hey folks, new Nanoha Force! And it's not bad... even if relatively little happens.

[spoiler]Go, Isis. Show that annoying Huckebein bitch who is the boss.
Also, your device (Puffy?)... these spheres, they totally are bottles. Yes, bottles. Not boobies. Dammit, I said it!

Nanoha herself doesn't seem too worried about what's going on now. But then, she IS Strike Nanoha Freedom now, so...[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #561 on: November 15, 2010, 09:56:35 AM »
Latooni had that gothloli getup since OG1. She simply carried it around for special occassions such as this one.
I thought she mostly got stuffed into it by everyone else because she looks so ridiculously cute in it and the team needs a badass and a mascot.

The team consists pretty much of badasses only, with the exception of Ryoto some nameless characters in the background, but they were indeed lacking a loli.

Speaking of wich, it was Shine in OG1 who told Latooni to stop wearing glasses, and she never wears them in OG2 (on top of starting with the gothic dress from the start). That she finally ditched the glasses and ugly pilot suit in the anime makes me most pleasedsome other word that couldn't be interpreted on the wrong way.

That was the main reason, yes. The official one is that Princess Shine needed a bodyguard with appropriate dress.
Not exactly true. Shine wanted Rai to be her bodyguard, but he's smarter than risk being acused of minor abuse. Or he's indeed in love with Ryusei and would rather stay by his side. Wich only makes Shine want him even more. :p

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #562 on: November 15, 2010, 10:01:00 AM »
Speaking of wich, it was Shine in OG1 who told Latooni to stop wearing glasses, and she never wears them in OG2 (on top of starting with the gothic dress from the start). That she finally ditched the glasses and ugly pilot suit in the anime makes me most pleasedsome other word that couldn't be interpreted on the wrong way.

She wears glasses in OGS. And good. The non-transparent "analysis glasses" she started with in OG1 = bad. But normal glasses = MOE.

Likewise, Latooni uses the pilot suit when pilotting anything but the Fairlion.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #563 on: November 15, 2010, 10:02:25 AM »
Or he's indeed in love with Ryusei and would rather stay by his side. Wich only makes Shine want him even more. :p
Well too bad for them Ryusei has eyes for nothing but mecha then.:D
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #564 on: November 15, 2010, 10:17:46 AM »
Also, Nanoha has a distinctly...special way of dealing with crying children.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #565 on: November 15, 2010, 12:57:11 PM »
Also, Nanoha has a distinctly...special way of dealing with crying children.

Leveling cities=Love.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #566 on: November 15, 2010, 02:37:34 PM »
They DO stop crying when they're knocked out by buster.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #567 on: November 15, 2010, 04:24:46 PM »
Now I am off to watch The Inspector and read Force.
EDIT: OH GOD EPISODE 7 IS BETTER THAN THE LAST SIX COMBINED.
[spoiler]So many awesome moments.
Archibald, W-Series and Rai being badass
Huckebeins do exist!
Both Gespenst Kick and Loli Kick
Gilliam thinks he's Roger Smith

As for "it must have an advanced AI"... well, yeah. It's the original Gespenst which Gilliam brought with him to the OG-verse, the weakened form of the XN Geist. I guess we'll get to see it upgraded to the Gespsent-RV.[/spoiler]

I will leave you with this Touhou stuff:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k4Ac6I0WoW8
Quote from: GitP cross-post
So, there is going to be another Touhou anime. It's a crossover. With Anime Tenchou. WTF.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3rs0ZgHmE4
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 05:09:17 PM by Prime32 »
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #568 on: November 15, 2010, 04:41:16 PM »
That gives a distinct meaning to the phrase "cry yourself to sleep", doesn't it?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #569 on: November 15, 2010, 04:48:38 PM »
That gives a distinct meaning to the phrase "cry yourself to sleep", doesn't it?

If, by crying, you mean being blasted half into oblivion, then yes.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #571 on: November 15, 2010, 10:02:30 PM »
EDIT: OH GOD EPISODE 7 IS BETTER THAN THE LAST SIX COMBINED.
An Excellen sign. I hope they can keep increasing the quality like this. They have the base material to do so.
Was that a typo or... :p

Wait, there was a first anime Touhou before that? Why didn't somebody tell me anything about it? :mad
It had a bunch of big-name voice actors, to the point where ZUN made them change the name so it wouldn't be mistaken for something official. IIRC only one episode was made (maybe two), and it had little plot and odd characterisation.
EDIT: Oh, and the DVD released at Comiket came with English subtitles. Seriously.
« Last Edit: November 15, 2010, 10:06:28 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #572 on: November 16, 2010, 08:07:48 AM »

No I have no bloody clue where that came from, but it's hilarious.
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #573 on: November 16, 2010, 01:46:44 PM »
Looks like Railgun to me. /mr Obvious

Anyway, recently I've read the whole Genshiken manga. Not just tha parts that come after the anime, but the ones that were animated themselves.

And you know what? The anime adaptation is pretty damn faithful. It expands some things and condenses some others, but the end result is more or less the same. The only episode that was constructed wholecloth is the Tanaka/Ohno one. And it was a good episode so no complaints.

Ah, Genshiken. The anime of my university time. I cannot imagine how my life will look like once I graduate. For now, I'll just wait for the manga updates.

Change of topic: can someone help me identify series present on this picture? I recognize only Power Rangers, Transformers, Tetsujin 28 and (courtesy of a friend) Ambassador Magma. And before you say anything, this is supposedly a list of series that will NEVER make it to SRW. Extra info and images here.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #574 on: November 16, 2010, 02:23:55 PM »
Change of topic: can someone help me identify series present on this picture? I recognize only Power Rangers, Transformers, Tetsujin 28 and (courtesy of a friend) Ambassador Magma. And before you say anything, this is supposedly a list of series that will NEVER make it to SRW. Extra info and images here.
The red one on the bottom-left is Fire Dagwon from Brave Command Dagwon.
My work

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #575 on: November 16, 2010, 03:36:58 PM »
Wait, there was a first anime Touhou before that? Why didn't somebody tell me anything about it? :mad
It had a bunch of big-name voice actors, to the point where ZUN made them change the name so it wouldn't be mistaken for something official. IIRC only one episode was made (maybe two), and it had little plot and odd characterisation.
EDIT: Oh, and the DVD released at Comiket came with English subtitles. Seriously.
One. It was discontinued because the sales didn't drum up enough money to pay the VAs for more episodes, I think. The characterization was within the expected range for a Touhou fanwork, from what I recall, and there was as much plot as you would expect of the first part in a planned series of three. Overall, it was decent quality for a fanwork, and the voice actors did a great job (I especially liked Suika).
And you didn't know this already? I've known for a month. :p Didn't I or veekie post about this on here?
« Last Edit: November 16, 2010, 03:41:47 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #576 on: November 16, 2010, 07:33:44 PM »
Hey, it's new Nanoha ViVid! I was wondering where the update went, and here it is.

And we get a bunch new characters introduced. So that the tournament won't be fought against nameless mooks, I assume. That's good.

Also, Zafira has a talking, non-dog form appearance? What is happening with this world?

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #577 on: November 16, 2010, 07:44:49 PM »
Also, Zafira has a talking, non-dog form appearance? What is happening with this world?
The LHC did recently produce a mini-Big Bang, and 2012 is steadily approaching. :P
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #578 on: November 16, 2010, 11:27:45 PM »
Negima:
[spoiler]You people really approach this situation like a video game, don't you?
Not that I mind. This approach seemed to be working fine so far.

So, it seems it will be just as expected. Negi gets shoved to the sidelines, giving other characters a chance to shine. And good. They deserve that once in a while.[/spoiler]

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #579 on: November 17, 2010, 03:35:22 AM »
Negima:
[spoiler]You people really approach this situation like a video game, don't you?
Not that I mind. This approach seemed to be working fine so far.

So, it seems it will be just as expected. Negi gets shoved to the sidelines, giving other characters a chance to shine. And good. They deserve that once in a while.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]I actually have to hand it to Akamatsu, I didn't think about how Asuna's Magic Cancel would interfere with Natsume's Artifact.

Still, Harem+Pimp Wolf VS OH FUCK is going to be epic. Possible endings:
  • Negi wakes up in time to safe Kota from being petrified, and beats the living crap out of Tertium.
  • Natsume grabs the GGMK, hands it to Nodoka, and the Nakama let out Jack and Nagi's master (Zect was it?).
  • Remaining enemy reveals true identity as the Lifemaker reborn, and can negate the Pactios temporarily. Cue Negi waking up and going Apeshit when one of the girls gets in trouble.
  • The combined forces of Chachamaru, Kotaro, Secchan, and Kaede (all being buffed by Ako) proves to be enough to beat Tertium senseless, but the Big Bad proves to be a different story. Cue Natsume's CMOA, from theory 2.

[/spoiler]

Page 9, Panel 2, option C=Funniest Tertium Face EVER!
« Last Edit: November 17, 2010, 03:44:40 AM by Sinfire Titan »

[spoiler][/spoiler]