Author Topic: Anime/Manga II  (Read 139578 times)

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
Re: Anime/Manga II
« Reply #500 on: November 11, 2010, 10:27:28 PM »
EDIT: Courtesy quote
On Vocaloids:
Have you noticed how someone brought a leek glowstick? That's awesome.

On Lamia:
The only reason the ATX team is fooled is because they are used to weirdos. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they suspected she's a robot, and didn't mention it to protect her from Ryusei out of courtesy.

And yeah, she is an artificial human, but exactly how human she is, it is a mystery. I assume she does not have to eat or breathe, but can do it anyway. And like it was mentioned already, she can bleed and everything. The closest I can find are androids from Ghost in the Shell. The Major bleeds too, right? Despite only having the brain and part of a spinal column left from her human body.

So, was reading http://1d4chan.org/wiki/Touhou

Has anyone ever done 3.5e versions of the power cards?
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #501 on: November 12, 2010, 12:52:49 AM »
Its not Dungeons & Touhou.

Its Dungeons & Danmaku
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Cubey

• Bi-Curious George
    • Email
« Reply #502 on: November 12, 2010, 12:54:46 AM »
I don't think power cards work well with DnD 3.5. Because you don't have, y'know, powers. Spells and class abilities are not the same thing - not nearly universal and streamlined enough.

Okay, maybe Tome of Battle, but that still means we have some classes who use power cards and others who don't. In 4th ed, everyone has powers.

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #503 on: November 12, 2010, 01:17:15 AM »
Incarnum and binding too.
Linguist, Mad, Unique, none of these things am I
My custom class: The Priest of the Unseen Host
Planetouched Handbook
Want to improve your character?  Then die.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #504 on: November 12, 2010, 08:36:15 AM »
I don't think power cards work well with DnD 3.5. Because you don't have, y'know, powers. Spells and class abilities are not the same thing - not nearly universal and streamlined enough.

Okay, maybe Tome of Battle, but that still means we have some classes who use power cards and others who don't. In 4th ed, everyone has powers.
How many card games have only one type of card? :eh

And well, ToB has cards already. (but Reshar isn't pretty :p)
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #505 on: November 12, 2010, 09:44:50 AM »

And well, ToB has cards already. (but Reshar isn't pretty :p)

Who needs an old man when little girls break worlds with a few cards.
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #506 on: November 12, 2010, 10:07:14 AM »

1-Nobody has enough free time to do a card system for 3.5 due to the insane amount of feats, items, spells and other stuff published (Incarnum and ToM may be doable, due to the lack of expansions, but they enjoy only a fraction of ToB's popularity).
2-People who really want to play D&D with cards either went to 4e or MTG long ago.

But hey, don't let that stop you from doing it! :p

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #507 on: November 12, 2010, 10:22:32 AM »

1-Nobody has enough free time to do a card system for 3.5 due to the insane amount of feats, items, spells and other stuff published (Incarnum and ToM may be doable, due to the lack of expansions, but they enjoy only a fraction of ToB's popularity).
2-People who really want to play D&D with cards either went to 4e or MTG long ago.
Hell, Zendikar was basically D&D in Magic.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #508 on: November 12, 2010, 10:37:11 AM »
You could do it with Drama Cards instead.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #509 on: November 12, 2010, 12:29:30 PM »

There's also some wonder why the hell does Wotc creates such amazing art and backgrounds to MTG, and D&D seems to get the leftovers in the fluff department.

Most MTG card illustrations scream BADASS and ADVENTURE! Most D&D illustrations scream just "pimp!" or "oh gods what has magic done?"
It's not just Regdar that's ugly.

Sure, art is a bigger selling point on MTG, but they're run by the same company! Would it drive them bankrupt to burrow all those cool art pieces and put them in D&D?

The same could be said from some pieces of crunch. The MTG equipment-weapons almost always made me more excited than the D&D magic weapons. Why can't I have my fighter wield a Loxodon Warhammer?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
« Reply #510 on: November 12, 2010, 01:59:38 PM »

There's also some wonder why the hell does Wotc creates such amazing art and backgrounds to MTG, and D&D seems to get the leftovers in the fluff department.

Most MTG card illustrations scream BADASS and ADVENTURE! Most D&D illustrations scream just "pimp!" or "oh gods what has magic done?"
It's not just Regdar that's ugly.

Sure, art is a bigger selling point on MTG, but they're run by the same company! Would it drive them bankrupt to burrow all those cool art pieces and put them in D&D?

The same could be said from some pieces of crunch. The MTG equipment-weapons almost always made me more excited than the D&D magic weapons. Why can't I have my fighter wield a Loxodon Warhammer?

"Because free healing off of your damage is broken!1!"

Yes, I was being sarcastic there.

I've been wanting to work on translating the Zendikar setting into DnD (Allies would just be an NPC class similar to the Bard), as it's got enough to work off of. The Roil is difficult to do without a computer program though.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #511 on: November 12, 2010, 02:41:09 PM »
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 02:45:46 PM by Agita »
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #512 on: November 12, 2010, 02:58:56 PM »
I think I'm in love. Sorry, SFT.
Definitely a Gundam Heavyarms vibe.

And I meant just redesigning the ToB cards, since they're OGL anyway. (or something close)
« Last Edit: November 12, 2010, 03:01:17 PM by Prime32 »
My work

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #513 on: November 12, 2010, 03:06:06 PM »

Didn't the RPGA do just that?
Planetouched Handbook

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #514 on: November 12, 2010, 03:07:50 PM »
Now that I think of it, incarnum would work pretty well. Put counters on each card to represent essentia.

I think I know how to represent soulspark familiar. :lol
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 11:24:11 AM by Prime32 »
My work

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #515 on: November 12, 2010, 11:30:31 PM »
[spoiler][/spoiler]
My work

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #516 on: November 13, 2010, 12:26:37 AM »
Holy shit. Spellcards and Pactio Artifacts? DO WANT.
[spoiler][/spoiler]

The_Mad_Linguist

• Organ Grinder
  • Simulated Thing
« Reply #517 on: November 13, 2010, 12:59:35 AM »
I'm just surprised there isn't a character who does Danmaku wrong.

Instead of zillions of tiny bullets crawling around the screen in intricate patterns, she'd just shoot one giant bullet that whizzes quickly around the screen in an interesting pattern.
Planetouched Handbook

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #518 on: November 13, 2010, 04:53:25 AM »
I'm just surprised there isn't a character who does Danmaku wrong.

Instead of zillions of tiny bullets crawling around the screen in intricate patterns, she'd just shoot one giant bullet that whizzes quickly around the screen in an interesting pattern.
Marisa: [Comet] Blazing Star
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #519 on: November 13, 2010, 11:24:22 AM »
Moving these to new post:
[spoiler][/spoiler]
[spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: November 13, 2010, 01:43:19 PM by Prime32 »
My work