Author Topic: Anime/Manga II  (Read 139780 times)

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
  • You've got one round to give a rat's ass.
    • Email
Re: Anime/Manga II
« Reply #280 on: October 15, 2010, 03:02:22 AM »
Quick question here: Anyone know what the constraints on post sizes are as far as words/characters/images?

Around 15K last I checked.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #281 on: October 15, 2010, 03:04:24 AM »
Quick question here: Anyone know what the constraints on post sizes are as far as words/characters/images?

Characters or words?

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #282 on: October 15, 2010, 03:26:28 AM »

Characters or words?

I believe its characters.

Edit: 40K. Huh. We need more orcs.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #283 on: October 15, 2010, 06:49:06 AM »
No idea as to character count, but I know you can have at least 31 images in a post.
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

veekie

• Organ Grinder
  • WARNING: Homing Miko
« Reply #284 on: October 15, 2010, 12:30:10 PM »
No idea as to character count, but I know you can have at least 31 images in a post.
Try to keep them all in spoiler blocks though.
Those of us not blessed with uber connection speeds need to take it easy.

Of course, transcribing text with icon images instead of dozens of direct screencaps helps.
The mind transcends the body.
It's also a little cold because of that.
Please get it a blanket.

I wish I could read your mind,
I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"
-Ibuki Suika, on overkill

To sumbolaion diakoneto moi, basilisk ouranionon.
Epigenentheto, apoleia keraune hos timeis pteirei.
Hekatonkatis kai khiliakis astrapsato.
Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

There is no higher price than 'free'.

"I won't die. I've been ordered not to die."

Bozwevial

• Organ Grinder
  • Developing a relaxed attitude to danger.
« Reply #285 on: October 15, 2010, 02:35:21 PM »
Try to keep them all in spoiler blocks though.
Those of us not blessed with uber connection speeds need to take it easy.

Of course, transcribing text with icon images instead of dozens of direct screencaps helps.
That shouldn't be a problem, as you'll see when I get the thread rolling (sometime today at the earliest, this weekend at the latest).

Agita

• Organ Grinder
  • SFT is mai waifu.
« Reply #286 on: October 15, 2010, 03:52:29 PM »
oslecamo, I think this doujin might be right up your alley. It's a look at Byakuren's teachings throught he Grimsokyo glasses.
Love and Peace

You know, I consider myself blessed. Since I like both the gritty and the shiny view of Gensokyo, there is twice as much material that I can enjoy. :D
It's all about vision and making reality conform to your vision. By dropping a fucking house on it.

Agita's Awesome Poster Compilation
Lycanthromancer's Awesome Poster Compilation

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #287 on: October 15, 2010, 04:30:04 PM »
Negima 305 is up.
[spoiler]TTT is kicking some serious ass! He's like the offspring of a Howitzer and an AK47...

Oh, and Anya's been rescued. And Negi's about to go Demon on Dynamis![/spoiler]

[spoiler][/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #288 on: October 15, 2010, 11:17:06 PM »
You know you're screwed when

[spoiler]Ripping off the vital organs of your oponent only makes him stronger.

Really, I liked more Negi when he was brains over brawn, but he's been changing more and more into HULK SMASH!, just overpowering his oponents with brute raw strenght.

Old Negi would've pulled out something to block that attack. New Negi just takes it head on. And we're left to wonder why the attack didn't impale those behind him.
[/spoiler]

Agita:
See, that's precisely what I'm talking about!

Also, you've finnaly me made pick up Touhou 12. At least it seems to be the old good gameplay instead of that Subterranean animism weirdness.

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #289 on: October 16, 2010, 03:40:11 PM »
^^
[spoiler]
Actually, Negi already knows he can't block it, hes a dodger, and the girls are behind him, so evading the attack would get them hit and he has more hp. Instead he booted the staff off and thus was unable to dodge.
He simply can't outright parry an attack of this grade, especially if he didn't see it coming.

Part of the problem is that his opponents have passive defenses that are extremely hard to break through(the mandala shield, Rakan himself's ridiculous toughness), which requires a certain minimum of brute force to deal with. When his power is sufficient to actually hurt these guys, anything weaker is going to crumple like tissue. The other part is well...just look at all that iaiken going on, it comes with entering the major leagues.
[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

"Skynet begins to learn at a geometric rate. It becomes self-aware at 2:14 a.m. Eastern time, August 29th. At 2:15, it begins rolling up characters."

[spoiler]
"Just what do you think the moon up in the sky is? Everyone sees that big, round shiny thing and thinks there must be something round up there, right? That's just silly. The truth is much more awesome than that. You can almost never see the real Moon, and its appearance is death to humans. You can only see the Moon when it's reflected in things. And the things it reflects in, like water or glass, can all be broken, right? Since the moon you see in the sky is just being reflected in the heavens, if you tear open the heavens it's easy to break it~"

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Nick

• King Kong
  • Cheese plz?
    • Email
« Reply #290 on: October 16, 2010, 09:19:59 PM »
You know you're screwed when

[spoiler]Ripping off the vital organs of your oponent only makes him stronger.

Really, I liked more Negi when he was brains over brawn, but he's been changing more and more into HULK SMASH!, just overpowering his oponents with brute raw strenght.

Old Negi would've pulled out something to block that attack. New Negi just takes it head on. And we're left to wonder why the attack didn't impale those behind him.
[/spoiler]

Agita:
See, that's precisely what I'm talking about!

Also, you've finnaly me made pick up Touhou 12. At least it seems to be the old good gameplay instead of that Subterranean animism weirdness.

He tanked for the girls. He's still the old Negi that all are Negisexual for.
"You'll still be living in caves."
"Hell I don't mind that."
[spoiler][/spoiler]
befriend (v.): to use mecha-class beam weaponry to inflict grievous bodily harm on a target in the process of proving the validity of your belief system.

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
My work
The tier system in a nutshell:
[spoiler]Tier 6: A cartographer.
Tier 5: An expert cartographer or a decent marksman.
Tier 4: An expert marksman.
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

oslecamo

• Grape ape
« Reply #292 on: October 17, 2010, 10:46:48 PM »
So reading trough Fate/Stay night unlimited blades path, and a tought crossed my head.

[spoiler]
Is Caster a Touhou character? I could swear I started to hear danmaku music when she gets up in the sky with wings and starts shooting curtain fire. :p

Magic sign: witch lazers!

Heck, she doesn't only survive in the end despite being defeated, she even has post-battle chitchat with Archer and everything!

[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #293 on: October 17, 2010, 10:52:39 PM »
So reading trough Fate/Stay night unlimited blades path, and a tought crossed my head.

[spoiler]
Is Caster a Touhou character? I could swear I started to hear danmaku music when she gets up in the sky with wings and starts shooting curtain fire. :p

Magic sign: witch lazers!

Heck, she doesn't only survive in the end despite being defeated, she even has post-battle chitchat with Archer and everything!

[/spoiler]
[spoiler]There's some fanart of a Midchildia-style Caster floating around. Oh, and the Caster Card fight in Prisma Ilya is even more ridiculous, since she can summon enough laser arrays to fill the entire dimension she's in - IIRC it was the first time the characters had to run away.

Mild spoilers:
[spoiler]After you get all the Tiger Dojos, you unlock a "mini-theater". It's a short Touhou parody.

Yes, this is in the LP.[/spoiler][/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 17, 2010, 10:57:28 PM by Prime32 »
My work
Tier 3: An expert marksman, cartographer and chef who can tie strong knots and is trained in hostage negotiation or a marksman so good he can shoot down every bullet fired by a minigun while armed with a rusted single-shot pistol that veers to the left.
Tier 2: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything, or the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.
Tier 1: Someone with teleportation, mind control, time manipulation, intangibility, the ability to turn into an exact duplicate of anything and the ability to see into the future with perfect accuracy.[/spoiler]

veekie

• Organ Grinder
« Reply #294 on: October 18, 2010, 03:17:10 AM »
Unlimited Blade Works spoiler
[spoiler]Archer is no slouch at danmaku himself.
Both Archers.
And that is how Caster falls.[/spoiler]
Please get it a blanket.

I can barely read mine.

[spoiler]

Khiliarkhou Astrape!
[/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #295 on: October 21, 2010, 04:55:10 PM »
For the attention of Sinfire Titan (may also interest others)
[spoiler]Part 1
Part 2
Trailer (and longer trailer)
And now for something completely different
[/spoiler]
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 04:58:52 PM by Prime32 »
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #296 on: October 21, 2010, 05:05:13 PM »
For the attention of Sinfire Titan (may also interest others)
[spoiler]Part 1
Part 2
Trailer (and longer trailer)
[/spoiler]

OH GOD WANT NOW!

Damn! PS3 exclusive. Still, Seraph alone is awesome.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #297 on: October 21, 2010, 05:12:27 PM »
OH GOD WANT NOW!

Roughly 90% of the characters appear in one of the two SRW Let's Plays in this section, you know. ;) Same producers.
My work

Sinfire Titan

• Organ Grinder
    • Email
« Reply #298 on: October 21, 2010, 05:15:02 PM »
OH GOD WANT NOW!

Roughly 90% of the characters appear in one of the two SRW Let's Plays in this section, you know. ;) Same producers.

I know. Damn. If they put AC5 on the PS3 and translate ACE:R, I'll actually buy a PS3.

[spoiler][/spoiler]

Prime32

• Administrator
  • Organ Grinder
  • Modding since 03/12/10
« Reply #299 on: October 21, 2010, 05:27:38 PM »
Unless an ACE game has been translated before, I doubt it will ever happen. Licensing issues and obligatory dubbing have limited SRW to three officially translated GBA games, one of which is a sidestory with little impact on the plot (though they managed to get KOS-MOS in there).
« Last Edit: October 21, 2010, 05:34:37 PM by Prime32 »
My work